• 107 results
Posted by jack16ichigo (457 posts) - - Show Bio

I've been on comicvine for almost four years now and yet I still feel like a new guy....I still feel like everyone knows more and are more experienced viners even though I may have actually been here a lot longer than some of people on here,I still even get nervous when posting on forums and I don't think it'll ever go away I think I'll always feel like a new guy on here.....

#1 Posted by jobiwankenobi (1459 posts) - - Show Bio

You'll always feel like that. I do. Also it's been four years and you only have near 200 posts. I've only been on two months. If you get on more, that feeling will lessen. People often seem to know more because they act like they know more. Sometimes they don't. Challenge them. Ask for proof. Look for areas where you feel you will know more.

#2 Posted by RazzaTazz (9611 posts) - - Show Bio

Also look into other areas of the site for inspiration

#3 Posted by Aiden Cross (15562 posts) - - Show Bio

Mingle, socialize, pm, post and all that. Besides you already made a first stepnow ^_^

#4 Posted by jack16ichigo (457 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanks everyone is being really nice :D as for my I've posted so little every time I post a lot I always get into so kind of argument that makes me regret even saying anything,I have been trying to post more lately and make friends on here but I've never gotten past one conversation,I'm quite a shy person and I think its carrying over onto here the only real place I have to discuss comics(since I don't have any friends that are into comics) I'm gunna keep trying though :D

#5 Posted by YoungJustice (6799 posts) - - Show Bio

Dont be shy. Although, I am new ( not really) but can still get you some followers.

#6 Posted by jack16ichigo (457 posts) - - Show Bio

@YoungJustice: I've been trying not to be shy my entire life with little success.....

#7 Posted by YoungJustice (6799 posts) - - Show Bio

I am a shy person sort of. You just need to realize that your on the internet. There is no reason to not express yourself.

#8 Posted by jack16ichigo (457 posts) - - Show Bio

I tell myself that regularly yet I still get nervous sigh *slams head on keyboard*

#9 Posted by YoungJustice (6799 posts) - - Show Bio

@jack16ichigo said:

I tell myself that regularly yet I still get nervous sigh *slams head on keyboard*

Okay........................

#10 Posted by utotheg38 (18883 posts) - - Show Bio

@jack16ichigo said:

I've been on comicvine for almost four years now and yet I still feel like a new guy....I still feel like everyone knows more and are more experienced viners even though I may have actually been here a lot longer than some of people on here,I still even get nervous when posting on forums and I don't think it'll ever go away I think I'll always feel like a new guy on here.....

..................Dude.................... They're just human beings.............................

#11 Posted by jack16ichigo (457 posts) - - Show Bio

@YoungJustice: Sorry I'm being really depressing.... thanks for the advice :)

@utotheg38: Thats the problem..... people make me nervous.....

#12 Posted by utotheg38 (18883 posts) - - Show Bio

@jack16ichigo said:

So you went to a social site for.....................................?

#13 Posted by jack16ichigo (457 posts) - - Show Bio

@utotheg38: To try and get over it and also to discuss comics with people who actually know what I'm talking about......

#14 Posted by YoungJustice (6799 posts) - - Show Bio

@jack16ichigo said:

Your not being depressing.

#15 Posted by BlackPookie (640 posts) - - Show Bio

@Aiden Cross said:

Mingle, socialize, pm, post and all that. Besides you already made a first stepnow ^_^

That is actually a good advice... the more u get into this, the older u feel!

#17 Posted by TheAmazingImmortalMan (2969 posts) - - Show Bio

@jack16ichigo said:

don't sweat it so much dude

#18 Posted by YoungJustice (6799 posts) - - Show Bio

See look. You made a thread and got a minimum of 2 new followers!

#19 Posted by jack16ichigo (457 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah thanks everyone for the advice you've all made me feel a lot better :D

#20 Posted by YoungJustice (6799 posts) - - Show Bio

@jack16ichigo: Good.

#21 Posted by sesquipedalophobe (4706 posts) - - Show Bio

I get nervous in social situations as well. The trick is to pretend everyone is already dead.

#22 Posted by utotheg38 (18883 posts) - - Show Bio

@jack16ichigo said:

@utotheg38: To try and get over it and also to discuss comics with people who actually know what I'm talking about......

All you have to do Is remember when you get nervous that everyone Is the same, No ones better. If you really feel uncomfortable around people remember that they are only human beings

#23 Posted by jack16ichigo (457 posts) - - Show Bio

@sesquipedalophobe: o_O really?

#24 Edited by sesquipedalophobe (4706 posts) - - Show Bio
@jack16ichigo: At times. Sometimes I say something completely random when I want to drop out of a conversation because it always feels like someone is about to come in slowly for a kiss. When I'm losing an argument I ask, "Are you pulling wool over my eyes?" 
In real life, I mean. Comic Vine is just a way to relax.
#25 Posted by jack16ichigo (457 posts) - - Show Bio

@utotheg38: Thanks tend to forget there just humans too

@sesquipedalophobe: Please take this as a compliment but your very random :D

#26 Posted by sesquipedalophobe (4706 posts) - - Show Bio
@jack16ichigo: Then it's time for me to leave...
#27 Posted by jack16ichigo (457 posts) - - Show Bio

@sesquipedalophobe: nooo's :'(

#28 Posted by 0n1zuka (3715 posts) - - Show Bio

@jack16ichigo: I used to feel the same way you did but once I started posting in general discussion, it led to me feeling comfortable enough to post in the other forums. Find a thread that you're interested in and go from there. I used the No. 0 and the give/take points threads to start with.

#29 Posted by Inverno (13197 posts) - - Show Bio

Nah don't worry about it. I've been here for three years and only last year I started using the forums.

#30 Posted by ClassicMerc (5 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah sometimes i feel pretty new too, whats up with that?

#31 Posted by jack16ichigo (457 posts) - - Show Bio

@0n1zuka: I try too

@CaioTrubat: Really ? I thought I was the only one.....

#32 Edited by 0n1zuka (3715 posts) - - Show Bio

@jack16ichigo: I know and I understand. I've been here almost two years, yet I've only been posting for the last four months. I started slow but then I used my knowledge on Superman and went from there. Not too long ago I used my basketball knowledge to have a debate with a Mod, something I honestly never thought that I would do on here.

If there's something you really like or have knowledge of, use it. It will really help you out.

#33 Posted by jack16ichigo (457 posts) - - Show Bio

@ClassicMerc: Well cause I'm not new that's why.....

#34 Posted by PowerHerc (83401 posts) - - Show Bio

You're not a new guy; you just look like one because of your low post count.

Don't worry about seeming new, just express yourself.

#35 Posted by The Stegman (23989 posts) - - Show Bio
@utotheg38:  

..................Dude.................... They're just human beings............................. 

No..we are more than that now..so much more...
#36 Posted by jack16ichigo (457 posts) - - Show Bio

@0n1zuka: Hmmm my knowledge ? most of my knowledge is about history of countries and flags which is mostly useless,I don't have particular comicbook character I'm knowledgeable on but I have a lot of general knowledge on comics,I'm pretty good on manga and animes too.I do try and stick to the forums on stuff I actually know about but I'm glad I'm not the only slow starter :D

@PowerHerc: Thanks I try too I'm just bad at it....

#37 Posted by PowerHerc (83401 posts) - - Show Bio

@jack16ichigo said:

@0n1zuka: Hmmm my knowledge ? most of my knowledge is about history of countries and flags which is mostly useless,I don't have particular comicbook character I'm knowledgeable on but I have a lot of general knowledge on comics,I'm pretty good on manga and animes too.I do try and stick to the forums on stuff I actually know about but I'm glad I'm not the only slow starter :D

@PowerHerc: Thanks I try too I'm just bad at it....

Keep trying; you'll get good at it. :)

#38 Posted by jack16ichigo (457 posts) - - Show Bio

@PowerHerc: I will :D

#39 Posted by utotheg38 (18883 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Stegman said:

@utotheg38:

No..we are more than that now..so much more...

Trolls?

:D

#40 Posted by utotheg38 (18883 posts) - - Show Bio

lol @ boondocks

#41 Posted by NlGHTCRAWLER (2899 posts) - - Show Bio

@jack16ichigo said:

You've been here for four years and you only have 216 posts?????? Maybe thats why you feel new. This is the first time I have seen you on the Vine.

#42 Posted by HBKTimHBK (5242 posts) - - Show Bio

Post more, and you'll learn more and feel better.

#43 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20164 posts) - - Show Bio

@jack16ichigo:

I've been here for only 2 months and I'm not exactly new. Still a long way from being a Veteran but I think I'm fine in Comic Vine.

#44 Posted by jack16ichigo (457 posts) - - Show Bio

@NlGHTCRAWLER: Yeah that's probably why....I'm surprised this thread is so popular every other sank like a rock.....

@HBKTimHBK: yeah I'm trying be more active on here....

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek: That's probably cause your a lot more active then I am.....

#45 Posted by DoomDoomDoom (4235 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't let feeling new bother you at all. I tend to feel new and a little unconnected simply because I read about ten times more than I post. In the last couple of months though I've finally gotten comfortable with replying to users and attempting to hold conversations.

#46 Posted by jack16ichigo (457 posts) - - Show Bio

@DoomDoomDoom: Yeah I tend to read and not post a lot too, I'm trying to get more involved which I think is working cause of all the new followers I've gotten :D

#47 Posted by DoomDoomDoom (4235 posts) - - Show Bio

@jack16ichigo: Good! You'll find your niche eventually.

#48 Posted by JohnnyWalker (821 posts) - - Show Bio

@jack16ichigo: ill be the bad guy: of course you feel new. look at how many posts you have. threads etc. mingle bro, talk to people.

#49 Posted by jack16ichigo (457 posts) - - Show Bio

@DoomDoomDoom: Not quite sure what a niche is but I hope I find it too ! presuming its a good thing.....

@JohnnyWalker: Prffff bad guy ? your being nice really :)

#50 Posted by Icarusflies (12491 posts) - - Show Bio

@jack16ichigo: I'm a mod, I've been here for almost 4 years, I have several thousand posts, and I STILL feel like a newbie...

I think EVERYONE feels like a newb.

Just speak your mind, be polite, and I'm sure you'll be fine no matter how new you feel. :)