I need some movies to watch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By 202122

I need some movies to watch I don't mind what genre as long as it's good, although while we're at it you might as well mention your favourite superhero movie live action or animated

Deadite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Deadite

@202122 said:

I need some movies to watch I don't mind what genre as long as it's good, although while we're at it you might as well mention your favourite superhero movie live action or animated

My favorite live action superhero movie: The Dark Knight

I'll suggest a few in each category that I like:

1. Science Fiction: The Thing, Serenity (If you would like to see the TV series it's based on first, than you'll have to wait on this one.)
  2. Western: Maverick (1994), Unforgiven
  3. Horror: Stephen King's IT, Salem's Lot (2004) The Shining (1980)
  4. Gothic: Flowers In the Attic
  5. Apocalypse movie: The Postman
  6. Comedy: Dodgeball-The Underdog Story, Hot Tub Time Machine.
  7. Greatest hits: As Good As It Gets,
  8. Fantasy: Stardust, Jumanji, Hook
  9. Revenge: Shawshank Redemption, The Prestige, One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
  10. Mafia: Goodfellas

Sub-genre

1. Hardcore Vampire: John Carpenter's Vampires (1998), The Night Flier
  2. Zombie: Day of the Dead (1985)
  3. Short story collection's movie: Nightmares & Dreamscapes
  4. Other: Storm of the Century (1993)
SavageDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3  Edited By SavageDragon

The Godfather Part 1 and 2, Boondock saints, Girls Dont Cry,

Favorite super hero movie is probably Dredd, with Batman Begins as a close second.

Tacos_Kickass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Tacos_Kickass

Watch Brokeback Mountain, a classic western about two manly cowboys doing manly cowboy things.

lilben42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By lilben42

@202122: If your looking for fun movies I would watch

1. Mission Impossible Ghost Protocol
  2. Mr. and Mrs. Smith
  3. Killers
  4. Transformers
  5. The Incredibles
  6. Despicable Me
  7. Hitch

For more serious and intense movies

1. Inception
  2. Skyfall
  3. Salt
  4. The Matrix (all of them)
  5. Hancock
  6. Source Code
RIKR2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By RIKR2

the last movie i saw where Ted (funny as hell) and Rurouni Kenshin (if your fan of anime and manga)

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Veshark

Favorite live-action superhero film: The Dark Knight, followed by Spider-Man 2 and the Avengers

Favorite animated superhero film: Wonder Woman, followed by Return of the Joker and the Incredibles

I'm more of a TV-series type of guy than a movie one, so I only have a few recommendations from recent viewings:

• Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy (Great spy movie, this one. Slower than a continental drift, but the mood and everyone's nuanced performances are terrific. Really sets the drab tone of the Cold War-era espionage world, and it's a polar opposite to James Bond.)
  • Them! (My favorite black-and-white B-movie, it tells the classic tale of giant ants killing people. Sure, the script and effects are dated, but it has a certain charm to it, and was one of the first 'radiation-creates-monsters' movies.)
  • 21 Jump Street (I was quite surprised that I ended up liking this movie. Despite disliking Jonah Hill's work (Superbad, Funny People etc), I found this to be a fun and thoroughly entertaining comedy. It's got a good mix of stupid screwball stuff and witty humor, and a cast of endearing characters.)
  • Enemy At the Gates (Good WWII film set in the Eastern Front at the Battle of Stalingrad. Jude Law plays a Russian sniper who has sex with a woman while sleeping next to other Russian soldiers in the barracks. Interesting movie, though!)
  • Gattaca (Old but good, classic SF movie about the fears of biomedicine and eugenics. Despite lacking any of the 'flash' that most SF movies have, it remains compelling simply because of the mood and emotions it evokes. There's a pale loneliness in the entire movie, with a beautiful theme in the background)
  • American Gangster ("EITHER YOU SOMEBODY. OR YOU AIN'T NOBODY". I enjoyed this movie a fair bit. I've heard it's idealized and not very real-life accurate, but Denzel and Russell Crowe give great performances. Jay-Z's album of the same name is a great companion to the movie as well, if you enjoy hip-hop).
umbrafeline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 20

#8  Edited By umbrafeline

forbidden planet, plan 9 from outerspace, public enemies, anything by mel brooks, classic godzilla, transformers [do NOT confuse this masterpiece with bayformers], dr zhivago, lord of the flies, anything starring denzel washington

Avatar image for the_jackolantern
The_jackolantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By The_jackolantern

End of watch.buddy cop action thriller

Rumble Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By Rumble Man

CainPanell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By CainPanell

@202122:

Here's a few miscellaneous of my favorite movies, and a few I think you might like.

Fight Club: This film is absolutely incredible, probably one of my favorites of all time. Don't let the title fool you, this is not at all an action movie whatsoever, calling this movie Fight Club is like calling The Empire Strikes Back "The Battle of Hoth"...It happens in the film, but it DEFINETLY is not the main basis. This movie takes a look at what makes men, men, and how consumer culture has taken over the world. It's quite deep, and this is one of the FEW movies (that due to the ending I won't spoil), actually is better the second time you watch it.

The Boondock Saints: This movie, while not a perfect or even extremely great movie, is one of my favorites as well. It tells the story of two working class Irish brothers descending into vigilantism. The thing about this film is that if you see it, you will either do one of two things, Think it's f*cking deplorable, or absolutely love it. It's funny as all hell, it has some great action scenes, and, after seeing it, I refuse to watch any movie that doesn't have something as awesome as Willam Dafoe shooting a glock into the air yelling "IT WAS A FIREFIGHT!"

The Crow: Ahhh, finally a comic book movie! This one is a sight to remember, a Gothic Action movie about a rockstar and his girlfriend that were done wrong by a group of criminals, so he is revived from the grave with supernatural powers to hunt down and murder the thugs one by one. Quite dramatic and heart wrenching as it pulls down the veils of what crime is like, and somedays we just all wish a zombie anti-hero goth badass would murder them ontop of a rain church with a sword shaped weather vain >.>

The Dark Knight: Nothing I can say about this film that hasn't been said. SEE IT. NOW

there's a few for you, if you want more just say the word

Avatar image for spideyivydaredevilfan26
SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 41

@202122 said:

Well, I'll need to know your favorite movies first before I recommend anything.

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By judasnixon

You should dive into the world of Takashi Miike. He made so many crazy movies, Ichi the Killer, Izo, 13 Assassins, Gozu, Vistor Q, Dead or Alive, Audition, Imprint, Sukiyaki Western Django, One Miss Call, and a #@$% ton more......  

Aiden Cross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By Aiden Cross

I really enjoyed Intouchables, French movie but with lots of humor and a heart warming story :)

JohnnyGat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By JohnnyGat

@Aiden Cross said:

I really enjoyed Intouchables, French movie but with lots of humor and a heart warming story :)

I expected that movie to be extremely cheesy. But it was enjoyable, would also recommend.

On a side note, Hot Tub Time Machine.

Havenless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Havenless

If you've never seen this movie... I have no advice that can save your from your self-inflicted purgatory.

Inphase

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

The Lord of the Rings (all of them)

Conan the Barbarian (1982)

Hot Fuzz

Back to the Future (All of them)

Prometheus, then watch the Alien movies (not Alien vs predator)

Star Trek (2009)

Those are some of my favorite movies. My favorite superhero movie would probably be The Dark Knight.

Avatar image for battle_forum_junkie
Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Good superhero movies:

Captain America

Spider-man

Amazing Spider-man

All the Nolanverse Batman movies I haven't seen the last one yet, but I hear it's great.

Some more light hearted family movies:

The Incredibles

Magamind.

rolldestroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

if you love action you should probably watch this:

Avengers

Nolan trilogy (about batman)

Spider man trilogy along with Amazing spider man

Transformers trilogy

Star wars

Lord of the rings

Bourne series

Die hard series

Mission impossible series

Bond trilogy (cragi's films are the best bond movies IMO)

last 4 harry potter films are pretty good also.

InnerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

watch jeepers creepers one and two they were really good i have no idea why nobody talks about them.

Avatar image for the_lunact_and_manic
The_Lunact_And_Manic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

• Frankenweenie (2012)
  • Dark Shadows
  • Edward Scissorhands
  • Shutter Island
  • Contagion
Xorion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I highly recommend Agora. Other than that A beautiful mind, Les Misérables, Limitless, Mar Adentro, Memento, Limitless, Amadeus, Sin city... While saying that I've come to my best live action comic book movie which is oddly enough Sin city. I love the tone of the movie

Avatar image for thecheesestabber
TheCheeseStabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#23  Edited By TheCheeseStabber

Smoking Aces <3

The Messengers (Pyshcological Ghost During DaylightHorror)

Reservoir Dogs<3

Suicide Kings<3

(<3 great Crime Films)

FalconPuuunch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

REC
REC2

The Raid: Redemption

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

@202122:

• Ip Man - Really good martial arts combat movie. It is entirely in Japanese but has subtitles on Netflix.
  • Ip Man 2 - Sequel to the first one, and arguably better. Also has great martial arts combat scenes, and on Netflix.
  • The Raid : Redemption - Like Ip Man, but a lot more brutal and has a very unique style.
  • Batman : Under the Red Hood - Film adaptation of the Under the Hood storyline. Very emotional and action-packed.
  • The Shawshank Redemption - Masterpiece film crafted perfectly about an innocent man in prison. Easily one of the best films I've seen in my life.
  • Dumb & Dumber - Like the Three Stooges but way funnier. Lots of hilarious physical comedy and ironic twists.
  • Breaking Bad - Not a movie (a series), but it is the best thing I have watched in my life. Yes, better than The Shawshank Redemption.
OldManDuncan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Terminator 2

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

If you haven't watched The Departed,watch it!

coolguyr99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Dead Man Shoes

This Is England

Tyrannosaur

Wild Bill