• 59 results
Avatar image for xxedward_kenwayxx
XxEdward_KenwayXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I'm tired of my mom treating me like a freaking kid. I've been invited to so many parties, hangouts, etc. from people at school. I tell her can I go? And she always tells me, "I gotta know what type of people they are, where the party is going to be at, and I have to take you myself and pick you up." I'm freaking 17, what the hell. That's embaressing, the rest of my friends parents don't make a huge deal about it, their friends give them rides, and they go have fun. I hate it, because I just wanna have freedom like the rest of my peers and have fun, just every teenager should. How do I get out of my moms "grip"? Help me please.

Avatar image for beaconofstrength
BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

You turn 18.

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

No one invites me to any parties......

In any case, don't we have a thread for this by ILS?

XxEdward_KenwayXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mysticmedivh: but theirs gonna be an awesome Halloween party tomorrow and it's gonna be epic bro. EVERYONE from school is going. Its gonna be live as hell

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mysticmedivh: but theirs gonna be an awesome Halloween party tomorrow and it's gonna be epic bro. EVERYONE from school is going. Its gonna be live as hell

I know how you feel bro. This one time my mom didn't buy a Pokémon game I really wanted.

Hayden86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7  Edited By Hayden86

You live in her house. Game over.

Hayden86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sophia89: score!

See OP, loop hole! Start the fire in a back bedroom and be sure to remove battery power to all alarms before.

XxEdward_KenwayXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damnit. I thought I was gonna get helpful answers.

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Her house, her rules hombre. If you don't like it you have a year to go and then you'll be your own man who can live on your own and dictate your own rules. If it's any consolation in 10 years, it most likely won't matter to you anyway.

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My mom's the same way.

And i'm glad. Because it shows that she cares for me too much to let me loose.

Beata

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

you can't make her do anything or think a certain way, she does want to protect you, but sheltering you like that isn't always the best

but there still isn't anything you can really do about it, just be a mopey angry teen

legacy6364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By legacy6364
No Caption Provided

XxEdward_KenwayXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_tree: I'm going to try and lie. Ima tell her that I'm going to spend the night at my friends house, but we're really going to the effin party

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Comicdude360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hayden86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Hayden86
XxEdward_KenwayXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spidey_jackson: bro, his mom is cool as hell. She allows him to do certain things, because she aknowledges that she can't stop someone from wanting to do something, but she tries her best to educate him on how to handle certain situations. But my mom treats like a freaking CHILD!!

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beaconofstrength said:

You turn 18.

Her house, her rules hombre. If you don't like it you have a year to go and then you'll be your own man who can live on your own and dictate your own rules. If it's any consolation in 10 years, it most likely won't matter to you anyway.

@hayden86 said:

Avatar image for omniawesomeness
OmniAwesomeness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By OmniAwesomeness

@hayden86: Laughs at Hayden laughing at Sophia with anime guy and they are both laughing at Edward who is being sad while wathing tv of spongebob watching tv of batman watching bane break his back then Edwards mother hugs them all :) happy ending

AfricanWilds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damn...Me 10 years ago.

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Spidey_Jackson

@xxedward_kenwayxx: Any mom who would do such a thing has questionable parenting skills.

Look, i know it sucks. But going against your mother won't make the situation better. Just swallow your pride and let mom give you a lift.

Beata

XxEdward_KenwayXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spidey_jackson: it's not pride, it's just me wanting to have a bit of freedom.

Avatar image for surfingthehighway
SurfingtheHighway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think you should show her you're a trustworthy son. Get good grades, help around the house, have some extra-curricular activities. I think your parents won't mind where you're going and how as long as they trust you. It worked for me at least.

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BullPR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xxedward_kenwayxx: Two of my kids have almost your age. Let me tell you that if you lie like that you may don't like the consequences of a parent not trusting you anymore.

You are 17. If you are mature enough to go out to a party (in your opinion), win your case in a rational argument with your mom.

You lie and it's an all other game.

MyNameIsWill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By MyNameIsWill

@xxedward_kenwayxx said:

@the_tree: I'm going to try and lie. Ima tell her that I'm going to spend the night at my friends house, but we're really going to the effin party

"the effin party" bruh cx

I've actually done this.

XxEdward_KenwayXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@averywetfrog: that's not the point, the point is that she's treating me like a 6 year old. I don't get it. She's always saying I spend to much time inside, and now that I want to go out and have fun she won't let me.

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

God darn rookie. Wait until she tucks you in and meet a ride down the block. Or, if your mother happens to be a fan of tea or milk, just drop about three tylenol pms in, if you don't crush them, wait about ten minutes to take her her beverage . Make sure though that you offer her the drink 30 minutes before you leave. She will be out like a light.

Hayden86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Hayden86

@xxedward_kenwayxx: just sit and spin. You are almost out of high school. Then you can enjoy all the "freedom " you want ! You can smoke liquor and sip on that green all day.

aquaman01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you wanna do what you want to do, go live somewhere else. And honestly dude, you are making it seem like your parents are in the right 100%. They are offering you a lift. If you don't want them to drive you, sneak out of the house a few hours early and walk it. If it is too far, too bad.

Let me ask you a question: Are there going to be drugs? Alcohol? Sex? Because a lot of parties have those and those are illegal (okay, sex isn't but many parents are like that) so I completely understand your parents. I mean, my parents did that with everyone in my family but me yet they were VERY popular (of course in their high school everyone knew each other so in the sense EVERYONE was popular lol).

aquaman01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

Act mature and ye shall be treated in such a way.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mysticmedivh said:

@beaconofstrength said:

You turn 18.

@sovereign91001 said:

@hayden86 said:

Avatar image for knightsofdarkness2
Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damnit. I thought I was gonna get helpful answers.

In a freaking comic site.........

oldwasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

since it's her house it's her rules if you try convincing your mom by being mature perhaps she will let you go or just follow these other people ideas. I mean that could work too..

KittyParker13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xxedward_kenwayxx said:

"I gotta know what type of people they are, where the party is going to be at, and I have to take you myself and pick you up."

I dont get it. Your mom will take you to the party. no need to ask someone for a ride to the party. stop being a baby and appreciate your mother for a second. But i guess if you want to look cool you cant be seen around your parents because its not like everyone there has parents or guardians. Nobody cares if your mom brings you, theyre probably jealous

^Agreed. You still get to go the party. I don't really see the problem.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

I'm tired of my mom treating me like a freaking kid. I've been invited to so many parties, hangouts, etc. from people at school. I tell her can I go? And she always tells me, "I gotta know what type of people they are, where the party is going to be at, and I have to take you myself and pick you up." I'm freaking 17, what the hell. That's embaressing, the rest of my friends parents don't make a huge deal about it, their friends give them rides, and they go have fun. I hate it, because I just wanna have freedom like the rest of my peers and have fun, just every teenager should. How do I get out of my moms "grip"? Help me please.

What's the problem? She's offering you a lift, LOL appreciate that.

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I thought this was going to be a very serious thread...

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#47 inferiorego  Staff

my mom did the same thing at that age, but mainly because I hung out with the scum of the Earth. (Spoiler: Most of my old friends are in jail/prison)

The easiest way to get over this is to wait until college and make the same horrible mistakes the rest of made in our twenties. It should be noted your mom cares more than the other moms. This is an awesome thing because when you're in your 30s and have to travel but don't want to leave your car at the airport for a week, she'll pick you up and drive you to the airport, multiple times a year, and never ask for gas money.

KingVenus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BatWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 238

Your Mom sounds great. Good for her.

I was raised in similar circumstances, and though I did feel my mom was a tad overprotective, I never thought my mom was crazy for wanting to know where I was going and who was with me, and in retrospect, the people I knew who were raised like me turned out a lot better than the kids who were able to go wherever they chose.

You should thank God for your Mom caring enough to look out for you. It's laziness or incompetence that makes many parents so lax. I'm not saying she's handling every situation perfectly, but she's in the right ballpark.

If you truly think your Mom is unjust, sue for independence, move out on your own and find out how awesome life is without your Mom's protection. If you think your Mom is just a tad overprotective, then talk with her about it calmly stating your case and prove you can be trusted by acting maturely and staying out of trouble. If she doesn't listen, then you only have one more year to put up with your tyrant of a mother who cares enough to keep tabs on you.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6