• 63 results
  • 1
  • 2
#1 Edited by NerdsFTW (3732 posts) - - Show Bio

I want to die but I don't want to kill myself to do it. Any thoughts on how to die?

#2 Posted by Inverno (13232 posts) - - Show Bio

What did you do?

#3 Edited by 0n1zuka (3715 posts) - - Show Bio

...

Talk to someone. Anyone. Get some help with these thoughts and such that you're having.

#4 Posted by Obtrusive (1646 posts) - - Show Bio

I suggest old age.

#5 Posted by NerdsFTW (3732 posts) - - Show Bio

@CaioTrubat said:

What did you do?

I have done nothing. What makes you say that?

@0n1zuka said:

...

Talk to someone. Anyone. Get some help with these thoughts and such that you're having.

You're not answering the question I asked(which is a serious question).

#6 Posted by NerdsFTW (3732 posts) - - Show Bio

@Obtrusive said:

I suggest old age.

Anything else?

#7 Posted by 0n1zuka (3715 posts) - - Show Bio

@NerdsFTW: I'm not answering your question for several reasons, and I'll leave it at that.

#8 Posted by NerdsFTW (3732 posts) - - Show Bio

@0n1zuka: What are those reasons?

#9 Posted by Imagine_Man15 (1801 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not going to help you die, dude. I suggest you get help.

#10 Posted by NerdsFTW (3732 posts) - - Show Bio

@Imagine_Man15 said:

I'm not going to help you die, dude.

Why not? You don't know me in real life, you won't regret doing it.

#11 Posted by coolguyr99 (3019 posts) - - Show Bio

I would suggest talking to someone.

#12 Posted by Imagine_Man15 (1801 posts) - - Show Bio

@NerdsFTW said:

@Imagine_Man15 said:

I'm not going to help you die, dude.

Why not? You don't know me in real life, you won't regret doing it.

Yes I would. I don't need to know you to value your life.

#13 Posted by comicdude23 (11399 posts) - - Show Bio

@NerdsFTW: C'mon bro. Live your life. Take time off the Internet. It'll be ok :)

#14 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20264 posts) - - Show Bio
  1. Why do you want to die?
  2. Why don't you kill yourself? (not saying you should)

"Be water my friend"

#15 Posted by NerdsFTW (3732 posts) - - Show Bio

@Imagine_Man15 said:

Yes I would. I don't need to know you to value your life.

Why would you regret over someone you don't know?

#16 Posted by YoungJustice (6846 posts) - - Show Bio

Spend the rest of your life on Comicvine with pizza and soda by your side.

#17 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20264 posts) - - Show Bio

@NerdsFTW said:

@Imagine_Man15 said:

Yes I would. I don't need to know you to value your life.

Why would you regret over someone you don't know?

Because nobody in the right mind would needlessly kill a random person. It's a waste of a life.

"Be water my friend"

#18 Posted by YoungJustice (6846 posts) - - Show Bio

Another idea. Watch Batman Forever, Batman and Robin, 2003 Hulk, and Elektra in a straight marathon. That might only lead in you killing a lot of people though.............

#19 Posted by YoungJustice (6846 posts) - - Show Bio

Are you dead...............

#20 Posted by NerdsFTW (3732 posts) - - Show Bio

@CrimsonCake said:

Put cyanide pills in a Sippy cup and drink it with a loopy straw.

That's suicide, I said I don't want to kill myself.

@YoungJustice said:

Spend the rest of your life on Comicvine with pizza and soda by your side.

I'm not that desperate, lol.

#21 Posted by NerdsFTW (3732 posts) - - Show Bio

@Xanni15 said:

@CrimsonCake said:

Put cyanide pills in a Sippy cup and drink it with a loopy straw.

Don't encourage him.

Are you being serious?

#22 Posted by NlGHTCRAWLER (2899 posts) - - Show Bio

You do need help.

#23 Posted by Imagine_Man15 (1801 posts) - - Show Bio

@NerdsFTW said:

@Imagine_Man15 said:

Yes I would. I don't need to know you to value your life.

Why would you regret over someone you don't know?

Because every life matters. If I were to help you die right now, I wouldn't be able to sleep at night. You can contribute something positive to this world every day... why would you want to throw that away? I don't know your situation, I don't know how life is for you, but I know that it can get better. It can always get better. And more importantly, I know you matter. Forgive me for coming off as preachy, but seriously man... its not worth it.

#24 Posted by NerdsFTW (3732 posts) - - Show Bio

@Xanni15 said:

Don't encourage him.

Don't worry, I don't have cyanide. If I did, and I had made this thread a few weeks earlier...that'd be a different story.

@Imagine_Man15: Okay.

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

You do need help.

I think wanting to die is normal under certain circumstances.

#25 Edited by Xanni15 (6758 posts) - - Show Bio

@NerdsFTW said:

@Xanni15 said:

@CrimsonCake said:


Don't encourage him.

Are you being serious?

Absolutely.

#26 Posted by YoungJustice (6846 posts) - - Show Bio

When you say you want to die. Are you saying that in a literal sense.

#27 Posted by NerdsFTW (3732 posts) - - Show Bio

@YoungJustice said:

When you say you want to die. Are you saying that in a literal sense.

Yes.

But I don't want to kill myself, now you see my dilemma.

#28 Posted by NlGHTCRAWLER (2899 posts) - - Show Bio

@NerdsFTW: Normal sure. It's actually pretty common, which is why you need help.

#29 Posted by NerdsFTW (3732 posts) - - Show Bio

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

@NerdsFTW: Normal sure. It's actually pretty common, which is why you need help.

Fine.

#30 Posted by Xanni15 (6758 posts) - - Show Bio

@NerdsFTW said:

@Xanni15 said:

Don't encourage him.

Don't worry, I don't have cyanide. If I did, and I had made this thread a few weeks earlier...that'd be a different story.

You'd be missed on this site. I enjoy reading your comments, especially regarding Thor.

#31 Posted by CrimsonCake (2677 posts) - - Show Bio

@Xanni15 said:

@NerdsFTW said:

@Xanni15 said:

Don't encourage him.

Don't worry, I don't have cyanide. If I did, and I had made this thread a few weeks earlier...that'd be a different story.

You'd be missed on this site. I enjoy reading your comments, especially regarding Thor.

And how you constantly ask people questions on "Ask Me" threads :P

#32 Posted by NerdsFTW (3732 posts) - - Show Bio

@Xanni15: @CrimsonCake: I shall seek help then.

#33 Posted by Xanni15 (6758 posts) - - Show Bio

@CrimsonCake said:

@Xanni15 said:

@NerdsFTW said:

@Xanni15 said:

Don't encourage him.

Don't worry, I don't have cyanide. If I did, and I had made this thread a few weeks earlier...that'd be a different story.

You'd be missed on this site. I enjoy reading your comments, especially regarding Thor.

And how you constantly ask people questions on "Ask Me" threads :P

That too! He asks them, that means I don't have too.

#34 Posted by YoungJustice (6846 posts) - - Show Bio

If you don't mind me asking. Why do you want to die.

#35 Posted by DoomDoomDoom (4248 posts) - - Show Bio

@NerdsFTW said:

@Xanni15: @CrimsonCake: I shall seek help then.

I think that is a great decision.

#36 Posted by Xanni15 (6758 posts) - - Show Bio

@NerdsFTW said:

@Xanni15: @CrimsonCake: I shall seek help then.

#37 Posted by TheCannon (18803 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not getting involved.

#38 Posted by superstay (9843 posts) - - Show Bio

I was gonna answer your question until I stopped and read the comment one the front page and realise you might not be joking. dO.Ob

#39 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (18082 posts) - - Show Bio

@superstay said:

I was gonna answer your question until I stopped and read the comment one the front page and realise you might not be joking. dO.Ob

#40 Posted by _slim_ (13075 posts) - - Show Bio

@cyberninja said:

Only pussies rage-quit.
#41 Posted by RazzaTazz (9644 posts) - - Show Bio
@NerdsFTW: I think you need to talk to someone, and to hear someone's voice.  There is most definitely a suicide hotline near where you live.  There is a list of some here: 
 
http://suicidehotlines.com/national.html 
 
It might feel hard to reach out, but dying is a one way street, and there is no changing your mind afterwards.  Please do what is healthy for you and not something impulsive.  
Moderator
#42 Posted by Inverno (13232 posts) - - Show Bio

@RazzaTazz said:

@NerdsFTW: I think you need to talk to someone, and to hear someone's voice. There is most definitely a suicide hotline near where you live. There is a list of some here:

http://suicidehotlines.com/national.html It might feel hard to reach out, but dying is a one way street, and there is no changing your mind afterwards. Please do what is healthy for you and not something impulsive.

I don't think he can hear us anymore. His last update says NerdsFTW... Out.

#43 Posted by NerdsFTW (3732 posts) - - Show Bio

@RazzaTazz: @CaioTrubat: Relax, I don't want to kill myself, I said so in the OP, I just have a dilemma, I want to die but I don't want to kill myself to do it.

#44 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20264 posts) - - Show Bio

@NerdsFTW said:

@RazzaTazz: @CaioTrubat: Relax, I don't want to kill myself, I said so in the OP, I just have a dilemma, I want to die but I don't want to kill myself to do it.

Why do you want to die though? Do you feel like you want to know what happens to you after death or something?

"Be water my friend"

#45 Posted by Inverno (13232 posts) - - Show Bio

@NerdsFTW said:

@RazzaTazz: @CaioTrubat: Relax, I don't want to kill myself, I said so in the OP, I just have a dilemma, I want to die but I don't want to kill myself to do it.

What happened then for you to loose the will to live?

#46 Posted by NerdsFTW (3732 posts) - - Show Bio

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek said:

Do you feel like you want to know what happens to you after death or something?

No, because I've been raised to believe that if I kill myself, I will burn in hell for eternity.

@CaioTrubat said:

What happened then for you to loose the will to live?

Lost faith in myself.

#47 Posted by deadpoolrules (4683 posts) - - Show Bio

What's it,man?That's sad,I already had that thoughts,follow my advice,forget about it,it will pass.Believe me,it's hard in the begining but with time,you'll recover yourself,you should try talking to your friends,family or anyone you really trust,I'm ok with hearing you,but I won't feel nice if I help you to die.

The answer is LIVE AS IT WAS YOUR LAST DAY:

#48 Posted by NerdsFTW (3732 posts) - - Show Bio

@deadpoolrules: Thanks for the help.

#49 Posted by deadpoolrules (4683 posts) - - Show Bio

@NerdsFTW said:

@deadpoolrules: Thanks for the help.

You're welcome,glad I could help :)

A great life to you:

#50 Posted by SC (13124 posts) - - Show Bio

I am especially gladdened that you do not wish to commit suicide, your way too unique and kind of a person. Having no desire to live though is worrying as well. Such feelings aren't extremely rare, especially among males of our age (assuming you are either a teenager or young adult) which is sad, but the good news is that such feelings really honestly are relatively temporary. There can be a lot of complicated reasons why we can feel like this, or associated feelings that are similar, and I know other people have already suggested it, but talking to people really helps. You don't actually have to be suicidal to use most of the services aimed at people in that position. If you are in type of school or educational system, they too usually have someone thats available to speak to, and even if you think or feel that it won't help? You should just try it anyway. Asking your regular GP, doctor as well? You can talk to them about such things or they can refer you to speak to anyone else they think that might help per your comfort and choice. Sometimes just the act of expressing your true and sincere thoughts and feelings to people such as a a Mental health counselor can actually help. Sometimes you don't even have to express yourself so outrightly. Lots of people keep journals or write as a way to express themselves if they are feeling lacking or down or despondent, or low. I know you have expressed a wish to write before? Have you considered taking that up a bit more? I think you would write a great Thor fan fiction, I read a rough outline you planned for such a fan fiction but never could find if when you actually started it.  
 
Oh and another reason why it can benefit to talk to a mental health expert is that they can help you plan certain things which might help you regain motivation and desire to live. Regain purpose and vigor. Sometimes things such as sleeping patterns, eating patterns, what we eat can actually affect us chemically and psychologically so regulating that can help improve your state of mind and state of feelings. I can't be sure how hard and tough things must be for you, or exactly how you feel, but I can empathize a little. As cheesy as the sentiment may be, it really is always worth remembering that things always change. Which basically means if you feel worthless or feel like there is no reason to live, chances are reality is going to try and screw you over by inventing things that will make you feel worthy and make you want to stick around. Plus we have like Thor 2 The Dark World to look forward to and Jason Aaron's run on Thor as well lol  
 
So yeah.1. Talk to someone. Ring a helpline or see a doctor, even if for advice to see who you can talk to further? 2. Try some creative writing, where your in control, and write about things that you want to, and things that make you happy. If you do it at CV, I know lots of people that will offer feedback if you want or will just read it to enjoy your writing. 3. Try and think of small things that you actually might be looking forward to in the future. There was a point in my life, where I felt everything was pointless and I didn't really care at the time if I lived or died, but something simple like collecting little Marvel and DC figures was something that I had to look forward to. A new one would be released each fortnight so even though in the grand scheme of things they were small just that they were they and in the future and something I had to wait for and looked forward to was enough. 4. Try and remember how awesome you are. Smile more about your awesomeness. Last week I saw you shut down one of the sites most popular and best debaters. It was a very very small point and I doubt that debater will make such a mistake like the one they made and you might not know the technical aspects as far how good your refuting of their point was, but thats okay, 90 percent of debaters at CV have no clue about technical points. Its all mainly for fun. Still, don't underrate yourself is my point or your potential. People never stop growing and like many have said its a shame when a persons life is ended before it should. Which with modern day science should be like 150. lol 

Moderator