• 57 results
#1 Edited by opticblast98 (175 posts) - - Show Bio

Please someone help me! I asked this girl out and at first she was all excited and wanted to go out with me, but then the next day it's like she forgot about and said she was going somewhere else, but she made plans with me, so can someone tell me what the hell is goin on ): I'm so confused!

#2 Posted by DoomDoomDoom (4212 posts) - - Show Bio

Were you around other people when you asked her out? Did other people over here?

And to be fair, she could have genuinely forgot, it hurts, but it happens.

#3 Posted by Bruxae (12542 posts) - - Show Bio

She's a kid who found something more exciting.

#4 Edited by russellmania77 (14539 posts) - - Show Bio

She's a woman, when women act like (insert offensive word here) it's ok for some reason

#5 Edited by opticblast98 (175 posts) - - Show Bio

@doomdoomdoom: it was just me and her, I just can't believe she just forgot ):

#6 Posted by opticblast98 (175 posts) - - Show Bio
#7 Posted by kgb725 (5796 posts) - - Show Bio

I've never heard that one before.

#8 Posted by kgb725 (5796 posts) - - Show Bio

Try again or just move on

#9 Posted by gor724 (826 posts) - - Show Bio

Out of all the people you can ask for help, your friends, your family, a therapist or a guidance counselor, you ask people on Comic Vine for dating help?

#10 Posted by Squares (4865 posts) - - Show Bio

@opticblast98: How well do you know her? Do you know if this is unusual behaviour for her?

It could be that she's just that kind of person, but something seriously might have come up.

#11 Posted by ccraft (5031 posts) - - Show Bio

@gor724 said:

Out of all the people you can ask for help, your friends, your family, a therapist or a guidance counselor, you ask people on Comic Vine for dating help?

this guys gotta a point, don't ask anonymous internet people. Ask your friends for dating tips, we all have that 1 friend who knows quite a bit about dating, good luck.

#12 Posted by opticblast98 (175 posts) - - Show Bio

@gor724: Imma sorts shy about talking about my feelings to other people I know like family and friends

#13 Posted by opticblast98 (175 posts) - - Show Bio

@squares: I've know her forever and were good friends I don't know what's up cause I know she likes me

#14 Edited by mettlekm (417 posts) - - Show Bio

it's women. they flake. don't get mad or upset, it's part of the process with them sometimes. It's most likely not about you. I googled the following. Seems on point.

http://www.puatraining.com/blog/deal-flakes-cereal-variety

@gor724: why you busting his chops?

#15 Posted by DoomDoomDoom (4212 posts) - - Show Bio

@squares: I've know her forever and were good friends I don't know what's up cause I know she likes me

I you 100% know she likes you, maybe she's shy about it.

But in all honesty, even though you might be shy about sharing things of this nature with family they will honestly be the people that can help you the best. Wish you well!

#16 Posted by DecoyElite (4019 posts) - - Show Bio

Punch her in the snout to gain dominance.

#17 Posted by ccraft (5031 posts) - - Show Bio

see my point :l

#18 Edited by DecoyElite (4019 posts) - - Show Bio

@ccraft said:

@decoyelite said:

see my point :l

Don't knock it until you've tried it.

#19 Posted by Squares (4865 posts) - - Show Bio

Then something probably came up. If you know she likes you, and you like her, the least you can do is try asking her out again.

#20 Posted by ccraft (5031 posts) - - Show Bio
#21 Posted by nerdork (4035 posts) - - Show Bio

If you're looking for dating advice, I doubt a comic book website is the best place to get it. Hope you get the answers you want/need, though.

#22 Posted by GhostRider2 (3268 posts) - - Show Bio

You say...next.

#23 Posted by teddy_the_god_killer (235 posts) - - Show Bio

I say forget it...my wife says it's a shame I did not take my own advice when we met...why is only one of us laughing???

#24 Edited by opticblast98 (175 posts) - - Show Bio

@squares: I think ur right, and I don't give up easily so I will ask her again (:

#25 Edited by mxb (52 posts) - - Show Bio

@opticblast98: First off how old are you? I gotta guess kinda young. Don't get me wrong girls are crazy at every age... but it varies depending on the age. A general guess, if she really was that excited at first... A) One of her friends might be into you and told her bad things about you to mess it up (girls hate each other). B) She might like you , but be playing games with you. If that's the case run now. C) She got nervous...

#26 Edited by opticblast98 (175 posts) - - Show Bio
#27 Posted by Nelomaxwell (10361 posts) - - Show Bio

@doomdoomdoom: thanx 4 da help appreciate it (:

This gonna sound bad but disconnect yourself from the situation. If you asked again and she's feeling you then she'll make time, (trust me, I knew a chick who had two kids, full time college a full time job and was writing a novel and we made time.) If she's not serious find another girl who is and wants to spend time with you.

#28 Posted by Supreme_Maj (255 posts) - - Show Bio

maybe she makes herself hard to get you know women are this way and want to see if you are really serious about it or maybe she didn't take it seriously because it's the first time or maybe she was really busy try it again but be more into it show her you want it and she's very special to you. I hope it will help because they are not all the same depends on her background and her past relationship but most of all show her your sincerity. Good luck

#29 Edited by opticblast98 (175 posts) - - Show Bio

@mxb: damn I never thought of those options idk which one it could be

#30 Edited by opticblast98 (175 posts) - - Show Bio

@nelomaxwell: wow u really made time with her, I guess your right dude thanx 4 the words of wisdom

#31 Posted by theTimeStreamer (2841 posts) - - Show Bio

some women like stupid games. leave and never look back. or stay and get your heart broken for the first time. up to you.

#32 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8736 posts) - - Show Bio

Dump her and forget about her.

#33 Posted by JetiiMitra (8167 posts) - - Show Bio

#34 Posted by NorrinBoltagonPrime21 (5474 posts) - - Show Bio

Stop dating. Now you'll be hurt again.

#35 Posted by mettlekm (417 posts) - - Show Bio

I think what can be safely said by all of this is that women can be complicated. Don't be offended by it. It doesn't mean no, it just means not now. So don't close the door by getting upset. (which would have been my reaction back in the day!) Play it cool.

#36 Posted by M3th (2037 posts) - - Show Bio

MetH agrees witH Mxb, and Nelomaxwell.

-Abstract 4$$#073-

#37 Posted by Yokergeist (12355 posts) - - Show Bio

Please someone help me! I asked this girl out and at first she was all excited and wanted to go out with me, but then the next day it's like she forgot about and said she was going somewhere else, but she made plans with me, so can someone tell me what the hell is goin on ): I'm so confused!

She probably forgot. It happens to a lot of people. Just ask her.

-$NG

#38 Posted by Yokergeist (12355 posts) - - Show Bio
#39 Edited by buttersdaman000 (9423 posts) - - Show Bio

@opticblast98:

She's being flaky. From what I know, women do this for a few different reasons:

1. They don't really like you like in a romantic way but for some strange reason find it kinder to string you along.

2. They actually have honest reasons/your schedules just dont fit together

3. They're unsure about you for multiple different reasons (could be your fault)

4. They're shy (means she really likes you)

5. She's a b!tch (you'll find this to be true more than you would like in your youth. As you grow older, women tend to be less immature about peoples feelings. I'm 21 and the women I associate myself with now are just emerging from that b!tch phase lol)

But anyways, you give a girl 1-2 chances to flake on you depending how much you like her. The first time she does it, call her and see whatsup. Have a little convo, and reschedule. If she flakes again, and you really like her, simply shoot her a text asking what went wrong but do not reschedule. You wait for her to bring it up. If you don't like her that much, drop her. If she ends up hitting you back later just wait for her to reschedule and make sure to make it convenient for you. And, if she happens to flake for a third time, that's three strikes, she's out. Drop that trick like a bad habit. If she ever hits you up again just string her along like she did you

#40 Posted by opticblast98 (175 posts) - - Show Bio

@buttersdaman000: I think she's flaking i keep txt and try 2 talk 2 her but when I bring a date up she stops texting me or tries to ignore me, I don't know what's up wit her but their just gotta be a reason ):

#41 Edited by Crom-Cruach (8736 posts) - - Show Bio

@buttersdaman000: I think she's flaking i keep txt and try 2 talk 2 her but when I bring a date up she stops texting me or tries to ignore me, I don't know what's up wit her but their just gotta be a reason ):

Honestly Optic Blast this might be one of those sh*tty situations where in one person's perspective the "date date" was obvious and the implication while to the other, it didn't seem like that big a deal or the implication just dawned on her after. At which point now she's trying to worm out of it or at least the justified confrontation to demand honesty you do deserve. At which point ,y point stands, given this tipe of childish immature behavior. Forgetting about her a moving on with your life is the best options.

#42 Posted by Nelomaxwell (10361 posts) - - Show Bio

@opticblast98:

She's being flaky. From what I know, women do this for a few different reasons:

1. They don't really like you like in a romantic way but for some strange reason find it kinder to string you along.

2. They actually have honest reasons/your schedules just dont fit together

3. They're unsure about you for multiple different reasons (could be your fault)

4. They're shy (means she really likes you)

5. She's a b!tch (you'll find this to be true more than you would like in your youth. As you grow older, women tend to be less immature about peoples feelings. I'm 21 and the women I associate myself with now are just emerging from that b!tch phase lol)

But anyways, you give a girl 1-2 chances to flake on you depending how much you like her. The first time she does it, call her and see whatsup. Have a little convo, and reschedule. If she flakes again, and you really like her, simply shoot her a text asking what went wrong but do not reschedule. You wait for her to bring it up. If you don't like her that much, drop her. If she ends up hitting you back later just wait for her to reschedule and make sure to make it convenient for you. And, if she happens to flake for a third time, that's three strikes, she's out. Drop that trick like a bad habit. If she ever hits you up again just string her along like she did you Get the panties and then drop her, at least get something out of it.

@opticblast98 said:

Honestly Optic Blast this might be one of those sh*tty situations where in one person's perspective the "date date" was obvious and the implication while to the other, it didn't seem like that big a deal or the implication just dawned on her after. At which point now she's trying to worm out of it or at least the justified confrontation to demand honesty you do deserve. At which point ,y point stands, given this tipe of childish immature behavior. Forgetting about her a moving on with your life is the best options.

Yep

#43 Posted by PartialSanity (433 posts) - - Show Bio

@opticblast98: My best advice is... move along. Never get caught up in a situation where you're just relentlessly trying to make something happen with a girl. If you don't want to move along, then try something a bit more up close and personal than just trying to get her to agree over text. If that also fails, then really, just move along. Set your sights on someone else.

#44 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8736 posts) - - Show Bio

This topic once again makes me realize how much my tolerance for nonsense has gone down over the years.

#45 Posted by darkbeam (2057 posts) - - Show Bio

She may just want to be friends or she might just be a jerk who does not care about how you feel.If she's like that don't go after her you deserve better then that.

#46 Posted by buttersdaman000 (9423 posts) - - Show Bio

@nelomaxwell:

Lol, I could've sworn I added something like that. But yeah, I meant string her along and get something out of it too. From what i've found, after a couple weeks of aloof, 'couldn't care less' behavior the panties would literally just fall in my lap.........literally lol

Yeah, she definitely fits into that first category I mentioned. You should just drop her man. If you were friends before this, you can still try to be her friend, but if not....DROP HER. When I mean drop, I mean no whiny, sorrowful, angry text designed to make her feel bad or something like that. Just don't text her at all. You would be surprised how many guys send a girl they havent even had a relationship with long, detailed explanation text about how wrong/b!tchy she was. All this shows is that you're a punk, and the girl made a good choice in ignoring you. Just drop her, and i guarantee if she had any interest in you at all she will hit you back first.

#47 Posted by Squares (4865 posts) - - Show Bio

@nelomaxwell:

Lol, I could've sworn I added something like that. But yeah, I meant string her along and get something out of it too. From what i've found, after a couple weeks of aloof, 'couldn't care less' behavior the panties would literally just fall in my lap.........literally lol

@opticblast98 said:

Yeah, she definitely fits into that first category I mentioned. You should just drop her man. If you were friends before this, you can still try to be her friend, but if not....DROP HER. When I mean drop, I mean no whiny, sorrowful, angry text designed to make her feel bad or something like that. Just don't text her at all. You would be surprised how many guys send a girl they havent even had a relationship with long, detailed explanation text about how wrong/b!tchy she was. All this shows is that you're a punk, and the girl made a good choice in ignoring you. Just drop her, and i guarantee if she had any interest in you at all she will hit you back first.

Good advice.

#48 Edited by Strider92 (16079 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm the last person who should give dating advice but hell here's my input:

1. She legit forgot. Happens sometimes.
  2. She's playing hard to get. If they think it'll keep you interested they may act indifferently just for the whole "reverse psychology effect" if you suspect this is the case then just act a little indifferent towards her and you'll soon know if it was just a ploy to keep you interested. Some girls like to be chased.
  3. She's really really shy.
  4. You've done something. Could be anything really but if you texted her relentlessly after she forgot the date asking her over and over again it can come across as desperate. Which regardless of whether your male or female comes off as needy and a no-go area. Thats just one example of what it could be or it could be something completely different.
  5. She's a b****. Just like some guys can @$$holes. Some people just aren't very nice.

If you really like her and would like something to happen between the two of you then just get her face to face and ask her bluntly whats going on. You got nothing to lose but a lot to gain.

#49 Edited by Deadite (20509 posts) - - Show Bio
#50 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

If you guys actually had plans and she never responded and blew you off, I wouldn't bother with it. There's absolutely no respect given there.