#1 Edited by Necrotic_Lycanthrope (2388 posts) - - Show Bio

My uncle is dying and most likely by tomorrow will be gone. I need prayers for him, and reassurance. In a span of 5 some years, I've lost my maternal grandma and my paternal grandpa. My family is dying out.

What a way to issue in a new year.

Edit: I'm sorry I wrote the comment above. I just don't want to hear smart Alec comments right now. On a discussion thread, yes. Here, not so much.

#2 Posted by PowerHerc (85335 posts) - - Show Bio

My thoughts and prayers are with your uncle.

Best wishes.

#3 Posted by Onemoreposter (4099 posts) - - Show Bio

Sorry to hear all that. Best of luck to you and him.

Though how any of this is the fault of atheists is beyond me.

#4 Posted by Sideslash (5918 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't pray, but my thoughts are with you and your family.

#5 Edited by YoungJustice (6919 posts) - - Show Bio

I understand what you are going through, so I will ignore the atheist comment.

I hope that your grandfather will do better and recover quickly.

Now, get off the computer and go to him, wherever he is.

Doesn't matter if you can't be with him, but being there will make a big difference, and this life and possibly the next.

I learned this the hard way, regret it till this day.

Don't make the mistake I did.

#6 Posted by rico_3088 (486 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah man I will be praying for you and your family. I always remember Romans 8:28 (know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.)Its always hard to see things that way when you are going through it, but you have to keep pushing.

#7 Posted by UnderDogs_OverBoard (1137 posts) - - Show Bio

@Necrotic_Lycanthrope: I'm here praying...

#8 Posted by Agent9149 (2868 posts) - - Show Bio

I will pray so that you and your family will be blessed with strength and understanding. I will also pray that whatever may happen will be the best outcome for your uncle. I also offer my empathy in your time of need. And I would suggest if you can to go be with your uncle to be a focal point of strength for him as he goes through this.

#9 Edited by Necrotic_Lycanthrope (2388 posts) - - Show Bio

@Onemoreposter:

Because I don't want to hear from atheists how useless it is to pray since we just disappear as we die. I know I'll go to Hell, but I want my relatives to go to heaven, not dissipate.

@YoungJustice said:

I understand what you are going through, so I will ignore the atheist comment.

I hope that your grandfather will do better and recover quickly.

Now, get off the computer and go to him, wherever he is.

Doesn't matter if you can't be with him, but being there will make a big difference, and this life and possibly the next.

I learned this the hard way, regret it till this day.

Don't make the mistake I did.

I regret a bit in writing that. But in a conversation, I wouldn't say it. But if I hear at this moment how stupid prayer is, I'll snap a nerve. I may hold science higher at times than my religion (a case in which I feel like a hedonist), but when it comes to family, prayer comes first.

I doubt I'll be allowed anywhere near him. My cousins banished my family from seeing him in the hospital, even though we where the only ones who bothered to know how he was.

#10 Posted by Referee (8209 posts) - - Show Bio

Both you and your Uncle are in my prayers.

#11 Posted by Onemoreposter (4099 posts) - - Show Bio

@Necrotic_Lycanthrope: Dude, not all atheists are assholes. Some you know, might just give you their best wishes like decent human beings.....

#12 Posted by Necrotic_Lycanthrope (2388 posts) - - Show Bio

@Onemoreposter:

I know. But I'm really close to going into depressive mode. So I'm snapping even though I'm stoic in appearance at the moment. (imagine being frozen, yet trying to scream at the same time.)

#13 Posted by cyberchop979 (451 posts) - - Show Bio

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

God bless.

#14 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (18710 posts) - - Show Bio

@Necrotic_Lycanthrope: I just wanted to say I am sorry about the awful situation you are in.

I am all to familiar with the pain of loosing a loved one.

And I am not going to get into a debate or voice my opinion on religion or prayer,etc, as this is not the time nor the place for that.

Just wanted to share my condolence as all.

#15 Posted by Necrotic_Lycanthrope (2388 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrdecepticonleader:

I'm sorry I wrote it, to be honest. But I'm nervous with any hardcore atheists giving me lip on how God is a mental disease and we'll all just dissolve into nothing.

I know it's not true for most, but , even though I have issues with God for taking my grandmother away from me, He's the only one who can help my uncle now.

#16 Posted by TheCannon (19390 posts) - - Show Bio

@Necrotic_Lycanthrope: My thoughts and prayers are with you.

#17 Posted by Ms. Omega (4538 posts) - - Show Bio

I will be praying for you and your family.

#18 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (18710 posts) - - Show Bio

@Necrotic_Lycanthrope said:

@mrdecepticonleader:

I'm sorry I wrote it, to be honest. But I'm nervous with any hardcore atheists giving me lip on how God is a mental disease and we'll all just dissolve into nothing.

I know it's not true for most, but , even though I have issues with God for taking my grandmother away from me, He's the only one who can help my uncle now.

Its okay.

I am sorry you cant see him either that is just unspeakably unfair.

#19 Posted by YoungJustice (6919 posts) - - Show Bio

@YoungJustice said:

I understand what you are going through, so I will ignore the atheist comment.

I hope that your grandfather will do better and recover quickly.

Now, get off the computer and go to him, wherever he is.

Doesn't matter if you can't be with him, but being there will make a big difference, and this life and possibly the next.

I learned this the hard way, regret it till this day.

Don't make the mistake I did.

I regret a bit in writing that. But in a conversation, I wouldn't say it. But if I hear at this moment how stupid prayer is, I'll snap a nerve. I may hold science higher at times than my religion (a case in which I feel like a hedonist), but when it comes to family, prayer comes first.

I doubt I'll be allowed anywhere near him. My cousins banished my family from seeing him in the hospital, even though we where the only ones who bothered to know how he was.

Who cares, if you believe in god, then just tying to see him one last time will brighten him in heaven.

#20 Edited by InnerVenom123 (29510 posts) - - Show Bio

@Necrotic_Lycanthrope said:

I'm sorry I wrote it, to be honest. But I'm nervous with any hardcore atheists giving me lip on how God is a mental disease and we'll all just dissolve into nothing.

Gotta watch out for that horde of angry atheists that post on every thread like this telling the OP their beliefs are delusions.

I mean, man. I just see that on every thread here.

Stop being paranoid. No one wants to tell you that your beliefs or lies or that your uncle is totally doomed or whatever. There are obviously subjects where you don't post certain things.

Even beyond a level of just being a decent human being, one would very easily and justifiably get told off by a mod in that scenario.

#21 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29510 posts) - - Show Bio

Now try to relax or something.

I'm pulling for you.

#22 Posted by Necrotic_Lycanthrope (2388 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrdecepticonleader:

My cousins aren't known to be fair. Only 1-2 cousins in my family actually care to look at me when they're around. These ones may have same blood, but they're borderline dead to me.

@YoungJustice:

My aunt and dad have gone to see him. It's best they go, because the last time I saw him, I was close to doing something bad to myself.

#23 Posted by YoungJustice (6919 posts) - - Show Bio

@Necrotic_Lycanthrope said:

@mrdecepticonleader:

My cousins aren't known to be fair. Only 1-2 cousins in my family actually care to look at me when they're around. These ones may have same blood, but they're borderline dead to me.

@YoungJustice:

My aunt and dad have gone to see him. It's best they go, because the last time I saw him, I was close to doing something bad to myself.

Would you like to expand?

#24 Posted by Inverno (13284 posts) - - Show Bio

Think he won't have to suffer anymore soon, my friend. My heart goes out to you and for him.

#25 Edited by Necrotic_Lycanthrope (2388 posts) - - Show Bio

@YoungJustice:

They're almost 3-4 times older than me. So I seem like an insignificant twerp. Also, there's friction with their parents and mine.

Sometimes I see things or people that activate my depression. It goes from being simple sadness to a complete lack of wanting to live.

#26 Posted by Necrotic_Lycanthrope (2388 posts) - - Show Bio

@YoungJustice:

Sounds easier than it is. There's a block in the hospital that prevents anybody outside of immediate family members from seeing him. Only the children can see him.

#27 Posted by YoungJustice (6919 posts) - - Show Bio

@Necrotic_Lycanthrope said:

@YoungJustice:

They're almost 3-4 times older than me. So I seem like an insignificant twerp. Also, there's friction with their parents and mine.

Sometimes I see things or people that activate my depression. It goes from being simple sadness to a complete lack of wanting to live.

Well, from personal experience, I can only tell you to forget about them.

They are a$$holes, sorry to spill it, for anyone to treat someone that younger than them like that is unacceptable and childish.

I am deeply sorry for what you have to go through, if you need to talk to anyone, I'm your guy.

Be well.

#28 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7951 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm really sorry to hear about your situation, I hope and wish for the best for you and your family at this difficult time.

#29 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (18710 posts) - - Show Bio

@Necrotic_Lycanthrope: I see,well take care.

#30 Posted by Samimista (21009 posts) - - Show Bio

Aw. I'm so sorry. I've seen you on here but we've never talked. It must be really hard on you and the family. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

#31 Posted by God_Spawn (38293 posts) - - Show Bio

@InnerVenom123:

Even beyond a level of just being a decent human being, one would very easily and justifiably get told off by a mod in that scenario.

It's true. We are magic like that.

And I will keep your uncle in my prayers.

Moderator
#32 Edited by lykopis (10746 posts) - - Show Bio

This is clearly a very difficult time for you and your family and there is nothing anyone can say to alleviate the pain of losing a loved one, especially with others having passed so recently.

The heartbreak of not being allowed to see your uncle must be awful. Being with your family right now at this time hopefully gives you some solace and if it means anything -- I do understand and can appreciate the comfort some find in religion during times of sadness and/or loss. I will be thinking of you and your family and wish you all strength to get through this.

#33 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20443 posts) - - Show Bio

What? Your cousins banished your family? Now that's something that pisses me off. Some stupid people hold onto past differences even when someone is dying. That's sad. You should talk some sense into them.

#34 Posted by Mercy_ (91871 posts) - - Show Bio

You're in my thoughts :(

Moderator
#35 Posted by JediXMan (31268 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll keep you and your uncle in my prayers.

Moderator
#36 Posted by joshmightbe (24689 posts) - - Show Bio

Sorry to hear this, also sorry that your cousins are being dicks to you. I hope you get your miracle.

#37 Posted by MasterJohn (2471 posts) - - Show Bio

I pray to the lord almighty that you are alright and so is your uncle. I hope the Angels in heaven shine a bright light on your life in this depressive and dark time.

God bless you and your uncle.

#38 Posted by Aiden Cross (15526 posts) - - Show Bio

My thoughts are with you, i know what it feels like to lose so many beloved family members so close together. :(

#39 Posted by Icarusflies (12512 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh, I'm so sorry. My prayers are with you all.

@InnerVenom123 said:

@Necrotic_Lycanthrope said:

I'm sorry I wrote it, to be honest. But I'm nervous with any hardcore atheists giving me lip on how God is a mental disease and we'll all just dissolve into nothing.

Gotta watch out for that horde of angry atheists that post on every thread like this telling the OP their beliefs are delusions.

I mean, man. I just see that on every thread here.

Stop being paranoid. No one wants to tell you that your beliefs or lies or that your uncle is totally doomed or whatever. There are obviously subjects where you don't post certain things.

Even beyond a level of just being a decent human being, one would very easily and justifiably get told off by a mod in that scenario.

Absolutely. Please let me or another mod know if this sort of thing is happening here.

Moderator
#40 Posted by sesquipedalophobe (4763 posts) - - Show Bio

My condolences and best wishes.

#41 Posted by White Mage (18748 posts) - - Show Bio

I wish you the best. My prayers are with you and your family.

#42 Edited by Glitch_Spawn (17132 posts) - - Show Bio

Hey Necro, sorry to hear about this. I've been dealing with death on a cyclical basis since I was little and it sucks. There's no other way put it.

But I hope by some miracle your uncle pulls through and if not, just be strong and cling to the ones you love.

All the best,

Glitch

#43 Posted by Necrotic_Lycanthrope (2388 posts) - - Show Bio

@Glitch_Spawn:

Will do. The hardest hit for me was the loss of my grandmother, and then it seemed like everybody started to drop like flies.

I only want it to stop, but you can't change aging.

#44 Posted by Illuminatus (9489 posts) - - Show Bio

What hospital is he in? I'll give him all the presents I stole from the children this year.

#45 Posted by Necrotic_Lycanthrope (2388 posts) - - Show Bio

@Illuminatus:

He's no longer in a hospital, but in a care place to wait it out until the inevitable. Where the place is I have no clue.

#46 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18677 posts) - - Show Bio

@Necrotic_Lycanthrope said:

My uncle is dying and most likely by tomorrow will be gone. I need prayers for him, and reassurance. In a span of 5 some years, I've lost my maternal grandma and my paternal grandpa. My family is dying out.

What a way to issue in a new year.

Edit: I'm sorry I wrote the comment above. I just don't want to hear smart Alec comments right now. On a discussion thread, yes. Here, not so much.

i've said a prayer and set a candle for your uncle, i am truly sorry :(

#47 Posted by Necrotic_Lycanthrope (2388 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheAcidSkull:

All we can do is hope for a miracle.

#48 Edited by Loki9876 (3039 posts) - - Show Bio

How old is your uncle?

My 2 grandfathers died too but they were old. What I'm getting at is that death is a natural aspect of life and perhaps you should accept the worst outcome.

And sorry that your cousins are the way they are, you shouldn't listen to them.

Still my thoughts and prayers are with you.