I'm sick of Harry Potter!!!!

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By ssejllenrad

There was a time where Harry Potter was the punching bag of the literary world. About a decade or so ago, a lot of elitist Lord of the Rings fanboys beat on the franchise like gangbangers... Those were the dark days since I was an HP apologist back then. Having read both LotR and HP (among a whole lot of fantasy series) made me see the brilliance of the two and it hurt when "old-school" purists try and stop new material from flourishing.

Fast forward to today and HP has grown alongside its fans and both have overtaken the world with much fanaticism. Yes, there is a new punching bag in that god awful series called Twilight and HP fans have earned the right to be proud of the franchise they grew up to love.... But that is no reason to gloat!!!!

And now we have all these stupid *ss fanboy threads. Not just here in CV. Almost all communities I have been in hail Harry Potter as if it is an infallible piece of work. Bullsh*t!

I hope this resurgence of Harry Potter popularity stops. I hope it dies. I hope to shoot it in the face with a shotgun and burn it to ashes!

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#1 JediXMan  Moderator

I never cared for it in the first place...

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

To copy and post a comment I made in a PM;

The thing about Harry Potter is that they're great for getting young people into reading, but if one never evolves as a reader beyond them, then you encounter problems.

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I think its alright...

MatKrenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 255

Well it's not like it's continuing anymore.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

@ssejllenrad: Not sure what the problem is here. You're angry because hp is popular?

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Pyrogram

@jedixman said:

I never cared for it in the first place...

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

@ssejllenrad:

're-education' may be necessary in battle forums to reestablish the order, just like erroneous claims made by fans saying DB is the strongest manga/anime or how superman is the strongest comic character period. Should we add a tier system?

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ssejllenrad

@ssejllenrad: Not sure what the problem is here. You're angry because hp is popular?

Popularity is one thing. Forced taking of center stage, shoving of the franchise into viners' throats and closed-minded fanaticism... That's a whole now problem right there... There's a reason DBZ was re-banned. I think HP is getting out of hand now just like DBZ.

@nerx said:

@ssejllenrad:

're-education' may be necessary in battle forums to reestablish the order, just like erroneous claims made by fans saying DB is the strongest manga/anime or how superman is the strongest comic character period. Should we add a tier system?

Yes. re-education is the key. I wouldn't know how the tier system would be set up, though, without bitter fanboys crying foul if they think their character is placed in a lower tier than they like.

deadpoolrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Man,never liked the series...

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssejllenrad:

Yes. re-education is the key. I wouldn't know how the tier system would be set up, though, without bitter fanboys crying foul if they think their character is placed in a lower tier than they like.

Its to weed them out, we had threads for feat discussions and they should be stickied. In challenges or debates people usually tier. Those can be used as guidelines.

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

#11 BumpyBoo  Moderator

Man, if I let the behaviour of fans dictate what I like...I would not like ANYTHING :P

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bumpyboo: Yeah but still, the number of threads dedicated to a certain topic must be kept in check so as not to enable the immature fans from spamming. For example, I hate Jazzrhoucher's dedication to Storm but I do not let it get to me because first off, this is COMICvine and Storm is a comicbook character, second, he does not shove his beliefs of Storm towards other viners' throats and third, a lot of his absurd Storm threads are irritating but just playful obsession. These recent HP content that have been spamming CV, on the other hand, is out of control. This is comicvine for pity's sake! Not Harry Potter forums or whatnot.

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 BumpyBoo  Moderator

@ssejllenrad: Hey, you do have a point man, don't get me wrong :) I hate fanboys/girls too. But isn't this, essentially, another Harry Potter thread? :P

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bumpyboo said:

@ssejllenrad: Hey, you do have a point man, don't get me wrong :) I hate fanboys/girls too. But isn't this, essentially, another Harry Potter thread? :P

:P

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

man idevenk how to read a booc jk,j80k65l;/

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssejllenrad: or you can let it agitate into a Ban, let it escalate and take care of itself

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bumpyboo said:

Harry Potter died out, but now we're talking about it... It's a trap!

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 BumpyBoo  Moderator

@awesam said:
@bumpyboo said:

Harry Potter died out, but now we're talking about it... It's a trap!

Run, save yourself!!! O_O

Avatar image for redbird3rdboywonder
redbird3rdboywonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

I love HP, always have, always will, more so than most "classic" literature which I find boring. But I would never make a HP battle on here, they get ugly.

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By russellmania77

I love HP, always have, always will, more so than most "classic" literature which I find boring. But I would never make a HP battle on here, they get ugly.

yeah and very recently they're getting crazy lol mostly volde vs threads

Kingjohnrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Kingjohnrocks

I don't give a single damn what you or anyone else think of Harry Potter. It is the most sold Franchise in all of England. I suppose if someone doesn't like Darkseid we should remove Darkseid threads, right? If someone doesn't like Wally West let's remove Wally West threads, right? If a bunch of people rallied against D.C. comics, let's remove them. Right?

Why not remove anime threads? They cause more problems then Harry Potter ever will.

And now we have all these stupid *ss fanboy threads. Not just here in CV. Almost all communities I have been in hail Harry Potter as if it is an infallible piece of work. Bullsh*t!

Dear goodness. What is wrong with you?

@ssejllenrad

Delphic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

#23  Edited By Delphic

Ummm...People are raving about Harry Potter still? I thought that stopped a few years ago? I only recommend it to people who haven't read it, but I had no idea people were still gushing over it.

Kingjohnrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@delphic: Hater's are gonna' hate. It is what it is.

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Nerx

@kingjohnrocks:

No Caption Provided

Why not remove anime threads? They cause more problems then Harry Potter ever will.

ORLY?

Avatar image for fuchsia_nightingale
Fuchsia_Nightingale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

@bumpyboo said:

Man, if I let the behaviour of fans dictate what I like...I would not like ANYTHING :P

GunGunW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I don't mind HP threads in general. But the battle ones solidified why I'll never go on the battle forums again.

mk111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By mk111

Um. Harry Potter is an okay series, I don't get the hate for it.

nerdork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I liked the series, even as an adult. But, i hate its application to the battle forum on CV.

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Nerx

@nerdork said:

I liked the series, even as an adult. But, i hate its application to the battle forum on CV.

fanboyismgirlism is perfectly acceptable in general discussion or off-topics

not in battle forums

nerdork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerx said:

@nerdork said:

fanboyismgirlism is perfectly acceptable in general discussion or off-topics

not in battle forums

Ah, vindication...thank you, kind Viner.

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Nerx

@nerdork: I mean we are all fans in one way or another, but in battles things are supposed to be objective/civilized

in blogs/gen dis/off topic people can do whatevs

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By ssejllenrad

@bumpyboo said:

I do tend to get myself burnt a lot of times. Ahahaha!

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I thought the whole Harry Potter craze ended when the movies finished up

GhostofOnyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By GhostofOnyx

@bumpyboo said:

:P

WHOA.

ImmortalOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I never hated them, but I thought the craze over them was kind of overhyped. Honestly, they were nothing special. What annoys me most are the crazed fangirls who think that J.K. Rowling writes better than writers like Stephen King.