#1 Posted by pooty (10796 posts) - - Show Bio

I have only played one first-person shooter: Borderlands. And I loved it. I'm normally a God Of War, Ratchet and Clank, Saints Row type person. I see many first person shooter games that get good reviews but I'm very picky about my games. I don't care for stealth or being killed with a few hits. I like futuristic weapons. Leveling up characters. Easy to moderate difficulty. So i'll name a few games and you let me know what I should invest in. Additional suggestions are welcome. Also, any games like GOW ,Saints Row or Rachet please suggest those also.

Far Cry

Call Of Duty

Crysis

Battle Field

Halo

Spec Ops: The Line

Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance

#2 Posted by mikethekiller (8301 posts) - - Show Bio

Far Cry 3 has good gameplay mechanics and an open world as well as a some what interesting story.

#3 Posted by PeppeyHare (4310 posts) - - Show Bio

Bioshock?

#4 Edited by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

BORDERLANDS 1 and 2!

#5 Posted by Bruxae (12543 posts) - - Show Bio

If you liked Borderlands 1 & 2 you should try Bioshock Infinite and Far Cry 3, both have good stories and some type of leveling system. Have you tried Fallout 3 / New Vegas or maybe even Skyrim? They are both FPS but more roleplaying heavy, and no multiplayer.

Other games like Saints Row you have the GTA Series, think thats about it.

Like God Of War you have Dante's Inferno, and id say heavenly sword is pretty similar as well.

#6 Posted by CaptainUzi (1679 posts) - - Show Bio

@pooty said:

I have only played one first-person shooter: Borderlands. And I loved it. I'm normally a God Of War, Ratchet and Clank, Saints Row type person. I see many first person shooter games that get good reviews but I'm very picky about my games. I don't care for stealth or being killed with a few hits. I like futuristic weapons. Leveling up characters. Easy to moderate difficulty. So i'll name a few games and you let me know what I should invest in. Additional suggestions are welcome. Also, any games like GOW ,Saints Row or Rachet please suggest those also.

Far Cry

Call Of Duty

Crysis

Battle Field

Halo

Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Good list so far, there's a few that are kind of no namers that are good. AVP the one where you get to play as the marine, xeno and predator and has live multiplayer.

#7 Posted by reaperOnyx (1157 posts) - - Show Bio

Bioshock... play that one

#8 Posted by Xwraith (15170 posts) - - Show Bio

The only FPS I play is Team Fortress 2.

#9 Posted by Bogey (934 posts) - - Show Bio

DOOM

Quake

#10 Posted by _Gaff_ (3186 posts) - - Show Bio

If you have an older system, Star Wars Battlefront 2 is pretty epic.

#11 Posted by scorpion2501 (5122 posts) - - Show Bio

Bioshock 1.

#12 Posted by Chaos Prime (10842 posts) - - Show Bio

Fallout 3 Fallout New Vegas.

#13 Edited by pooty (10796 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanks for the suggestions. I will give Bioshock and Far Cry a chance. Thanks again

#14 Edited by pooty (10796 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Posted by CaptainUzi (1679 posts) - - Show Bio

@pooty:

Yeah halo 4 is pretty good.

#16 Edited by Dabee (2379 posts) - - Show Bio

@pooty: Nobody has mentioned Half-Life 2?! Play that one too. It came out in 2004, but it's still amazing.

#17 Edited by TheTrueBarryAllen (4259 posts) - - Show Bio

Fallout 3 is one of the best games, if not the best, that I have ever played.

New Vegas is pretty decent too.

I'd also suggest the Bioshock Trilogy.

#18 Posted by pooty (10796 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanks

#19 Posted by Bruxae (12543 posts) - - Show Bio

@pooty: Unfortunally I havent tried Halo 4 since I dont have an Xbox.

I do second Half Life 2 though! I didnt write it the first time because it has no leveling and its a bit older, but it has a super cool story and some nice effects.

#20 Posted by SheenLantern (6198 posts) - - Show Bio

Fallout 3

Ignore all of the other answers; this is the correct one.

#21 Posted by Deadite (20533 posts) - - Show Bio

For quality multiplayer that doesn't focus on story gameplay:

• ARMA 2 or ARMA 3
  • Team Fortress 2
  • Battlefield 3
  • Splinter Cell: Blacklist
  • Counter Strike 1.6

#22 Posted by Bluff_ (283 posts) - - Show Bio

@thetruebarryallen said:

@chaos_prime said:

Fallout 3

Ignore all of the other answers; this is the correct one.

Yup.

Might be a confusing game to begin with (especially if you're new to FPS) but well worth it.

I also recommend COD but ONLY because you're new. It's the noobiest fps that I have played. ANYONE can play COD and be good at it.

#23 Posted by kgb725 (5797 posts) - - Show Bio

Play Bioshock 1 and infinite

Metro 2033 and last light

F.e.a.r . If you like horror

#24 Edited by God_Spawn (37294 posts) - - Show Bio

Halos 1-2 and all 3 Resistance games are some of my faves. Farcry 3 is also a definite yes.

#25 Edited by CF12793 (2896 posts) - - Show Bio

Star Wars: Battlefront 1 and 2

Only FPS games I still play.

#26 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

If you're looking strictly at shooters (first person), I'd recommend Halo, Rainbow Six Vegas, BioShock, Metro 2033/Last Light, The Darkness 1/2 and honestly any Call of Duty/Battlefield game.

If you want to expand into third person,may I recommend: Gears of War, Sleeping Dogs, Dead Space trilogy, Resident Evil 4/5/6, Max Payne 3, and arguably my favourite; the Mass Effect trilogy.

#27 Posted by TheCheeseStabber (7723 posts) - - Show Bio

Half Life series

CrackDown 2 (Not exactly first person but still pretty great)

Doom (The Original)

Wolfenstien (The Original)

Red Faction

Resistance

#28 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio

@pooty said:

Far Cry

Call Of Duty

Crysis

Battle Field

Halo

Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Some of these are not first person shooters, but assuming you mean shooters in general:

• Far Cry 3 - Absolutely a must.
  • Call of Duty 4 - Did a lot for FPS and is one of the greats. You might as well take out this one, instead of the newest version for a whole lot more dough.
  • Crysis - Definitely unique. If the concept interests you, its worth checking it out.

Really do get Far Cry 3 though.

#29 Posted by consolemaster001 (4937 posts) - - Show Bio

Pfft noobs

CS 1.6 !!!