• 64 results
  • 1
  • 2
#1 Edited by Joygirl (20004 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh well.

#2 Posted by Wolverine08 (42510 posts) - - Show Bio

Native Indians are dope. Brave dudes.

Online
#3 Posted by 616Vulture (1470 posts) - - Show Bio

Me too. Cherokee to be specific.

#4 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33491 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes, a trend ha

#5 Posted by Joygirl (20004 posts) - - Show Bio

Native Indians are dope. Brave dudes.

*badum tsh*

Me too. Cherokee to be specific.

Same (among other tribes). *fist-bumps* Represent.

#6 Posted by Bruxae (13924 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool, I really had no idea. But I like it.

Online
#7 Posted by Perethorn (3401 posts) - - Show Bio

In that case, i'm an Aztec Warrior.

#8 Posted by JeanRalphio (1842 posts) - - Show Bio

Peyote tbh.

#9 Posted by Joygirl (20004 posts) - - Show Bio

@bruxae said:

Cool, I really had no idea. But I like it.

Ironically it doesn't effect my life at all. As you've seen I'm pretty much white despite having a majority of native blood.

#10 Posted by PeppeyHare (4310 posts) - - Show Bio

Same

#11 Posted by Emequious_Swerve (1268 posts) - - Show Bio

Aren't Native Americans really Central american in origin? Whats the difference?

I don't mean to sh*t on everybodys celebration of being born a certain way that they had no control over, but seriously, I want to know.

#12 Posted by JohnnyGat (1570 posts) - - Show Bio

Is this type of topic the new "ask me anything"

#13 Posted by Dark_Vengeance_ (14698 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm a homo-bat-superior aka Batmanian.

#14 Posted by Fallschirmjager (17646 posts) - - Show Bio

I was born here, doesn't that make me native to america?

Online
#15 Edited by mikex20 (2769 posts) - - Show Bio

Native Indians are dope. Brave dudes.

Native Indians live in India.

#16 Posted by Joygirl (20004 posts) - - Show Bio

@mikex20 said:

@wolverine08 said:

Native Indians are dope. Brave dudes.

Native Indians live in India.

Oh snap.

#17 Posted by Wolverine08 (42510 posts) - - Show Bio

@mikex20 said:

@wolverine08 said:

Native Indians are dope. Brave dudes.

Native Indians live in India.

Are we talking about the same Native Indians?

Online
#18 Posted by Emequious_Swerve (1268 posts) - - Show Bio

I was born here, doesn't that make me native to america?

Yes, yes it does.

#19 Edited by RogueShadow (10786 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08: I think you are thinking of the often used term, 'Red Indians'.

#20 Edited by Nelomaxwell (10504 posts) - - Show Bio
#21 Posted by Wolverine08 (42510 posts) - - Show Bio
Online
#22 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33491 posts) - - Show Bio

Is this type of topic the new "ask me anything"

I don't know but I started my mine as a sarcastic troll thread.

#23 Posted by mikex20 (2769 posts) - - Show Bio

@mikex20 said:

@wolverine08 said:

Native Indians are dope. Brave dudes.

Native Indians live in India.

Are we talking about the same Native Indians?

Native Americans were incorrectly called Indians by some lost Europeans.

#24 Posted by Joygirl (20004 posts) - - Show Bio

@mikex20 said:

@wolverine08 said:

@mikex20 said:

@wolverine08 said:

Native Indians are dope. Brave dudes.

Native Indians live in India.

Are we talking about the same Native Indians?

Native Americans were incorrectly called Indians by some lost Europeans.

Christopher Columbus sailed to America thinking he was going to the East Indies. He was such a dumb bastard that when he got here and it was totally not the Indies he called the natives Indians anyway.

#25 Posted by Nelomaxwell (10504 posts) - - Show Bio

@johnnygat said:

Is this type of topic the new "ask me anything"

I don't know but I started my mine as a sarcastic troll thread.

Really I wanted to ask you questions about your heritage.

#26 Posted by mikex20 (2769 posts) - - Show Bio

@joygirl said:

@mikex20 said:

@wolverine08 said:

@mikex20 said:

@wolverine08 said:

Native Indians are dope. Brave dudes.

Native Indians live in India.

Are we talking about the same Native Indians?

Native Americans were incorrectly called Indians by some lost Europeans.

Christopher Columbus sailed to America thinking he was going to the East Indies. He was such a dumb bastard that when he got here and it was totally not the Indies he called the natives Indians anyway.

Christopher Columbus rounded up natives, and shipped them to Spain as slaves. Plus he ordered more to be killed, tortured, and even raped. So it's only natural to give him his own holiday.

#27 Posted by Joygirl (20004 posts) - - Show Bio

@mikex20 said:

@joygirl said:

@mikex20 said:

@wolverine08 said:

@mikex20 said:

@wolverine08 said:

Native Indians are dope. Brave dudes.

Native Indians live in India.

Are we talking about the same Native Indians?

Native Americans were incorrectly called Indians by some lost Europeans.

Christopher Columbus sailed to America thinking he was going to the East Indies. He was such a dumb bastard that when he got here and it was totally not the Indies he called the natives Indians anyway.

Christopher Columbus rounded up natives, and shipped them to Spain as slaves. Plus he ordered more to be killed, tortured, and even raped. So it's only natural to give him his own holiday.

Only natural. I mean y'know, why wouldn't they. Since he was the 27th person to discover America and all.

#28 Edited by Jonny_Anonymous (33491 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous said:

@johnnygat said:

Is this type of topic the new "ask me anything"

I don't know but I started my mine as a sarcastic troll thread.

Really I wanted to ask you questions about your heritage.

I was really just taking the piss out of THORSON. The extent of my heritage is my gran curses at me in a language I cant understand and she cooks crazy nice food that involves all the meat.

#29 Edited by Nelomaxwell (10504 posts) - - Show Bio

@nelomaxwell said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

@johnnygat said:

Is this type of topic the new "ask me anything"

I don't know but I started my mine as a sarcastic troll thread.

Really I wanted to ask you questions about your heritage.

I was really just taking the piss out of THORSON. The extent of my heritage is my gran curses at me in a language I cant understand and she cooks crazy nice food that involves all the meat.

Oh.

#30 Edited by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Native Americans, I think they got screwed over more then anyone when you think about it. Or at the very least up there with a morbid past.

#31 Edited by GraniteSoldier (7890 posts) - - Show Bio

@joygirl said:

Oh well.

I'm like 1/10 Native American for what that's worth (Apache I've been told). Mostly white, so pretty much white. It's ok, I don't put much stock in race. Who YOU are matters though. A**holes come in all colors and deserve to have the taste slapped out of their mouths.

#32 Posted by Racob7 (5729 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Native Americans, I think they got screwed over more then anyone when you think about it. Or at the very least up there with a morbid past.

They went through hell for sure, but without the Europeans they'd still be primitives murdering each other left and right. Tribal cultures lose 1-3 male members to war. Most civilized cultures lose a couple out of every thousand, if that.

#33 Posted by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

@racob7: Well, by now I'm sure they would have evolved like the rest of us I'd trust. Millions of years ago man in general were savages but we've evolved since. Thankfully.

#34 Edited by Marionettegeist (1912 posts) - - Show Bio

@racob7 said:

@vaeternus said:

I like Native Americans, I think they got screwed over more then anyone when you think about it. Or at the very least up there with a morbid past.

They went through hell for sure, but without the Europeans they'd still be primitives murdering each other left and right. Tribal cultures lose 1-3 male members to war. Most civilized cultures lose a couple out of every thousand, if that.

But they lost almost all of their land, and most of them are dead now.

#35 Posted by Racob7 (5729 posts) - - Show Bio

@dctv3363: Such is the inevitable fate of all cultures.

#36 Posted by Marionettegeist (1912 posts) - - Show Bio

@racob7 said:

@dctv3363: Such is the inevitable fate of all cultures.

Fair enough. I'm just think it wouldn't have happened nearly as rapidly as it did.

#37 Posted by RogueShadow (10786 posts) - - Show Bio

@joygirl said:

Oh well.

A**holes come in all colors and deserve to have the taste slapped out of their mouths.

True sh*t.

#38 Posted by Racob7 (5729 posts) - - Show Bio

@racob7: Well, by now I'm sure they would have evolved like the rest of us I'd trust. Millions of years ago man in general were savages but we've evolved since. Thankfully.

Some of us evolved more than others and lived.

#39 Edited by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

@racob7: Yeah, that's true. It's amazing how far we've evolved yet how primitive we still are in some ways.

#40 Posted by joshmightbe (24885 posts) - - Show Bio

@emequious_swerve: technically all humans are of African origin since thats where our speices originated

#41 Edited by Racob7 (5729 posts) - - Show Bio
#42 Posted by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

@racob7: You may get different views with "how are humans still primitive and/or why" but I like these two articles as to what I'm referring to.

http://xenlogic.blogspot.com/2012/06/humanity-is-still-primitive-species.html

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/evolution/are-neanderthals-human.html

In some ways humans despite how far we have evolved still have neanderthal like tendencies (like fighting over food, women/men etc) now not all humans act like this but god knows a lot still do.

Some would also say how violent we are as a species, war etc things like that some may debate that vs. other cultures, races. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for a war if it's justified or if you're threatened etc, but I'm more so referring to examples like my previous one.

#43 Posted by Cezar_TheScribe (2615 posts) - - Show Bio

We would need a picture.

I'm part Cherokee.

#44 Edited by Emequious_Swerve (1268 posts) - - Show Bio

@emequious_swerve: technically all humans are of African origin since thats where our speices originated

woohoo. That means I am also African American.

#45 Edited by joshmightbe (24885 posts) - - Show Bio
#46 Posted by Emequious_Swerve (1268 posts) - - Show Bio
#47 Edited by joshmightbe (24885 posts) - - Show Bio

@emequious_swerve: if you want to get completely technical we're all about 1 gene from being chimps so theres that

#48 Posted by Marionettegeist (1912 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe said:

@emequious_swerve: well yea, we all are a little

I am still not filling that out on a census though.

It'd be funny if everyone in the world filled out African American, when asked their race.

#49 Edited by JetiiMitra (8645 posts) - - Show Bio

@dctv3363 said:

@emequious_swerve said:

@joshmightbe said:

@emequious_swerve: well yea, we all are a little

I am still not filling that out on a census though.

It'd be funny if everyone in the world filled out African American, when asked their race.

Only Americans would fill out African American (and I mean more than the U.S.).

#50 Posted by JetiiMitra (8645 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm part Guarani. But nobody cares.