• 54 results
#1 Posted by TifaLockhart (14167 posts) - - Show Bio

Lieutenant Surge claimed to have used Pokémon in "the war."

1. What war was this?

2. Who the heck uses Pokémon to fight in a war? Guns exist in the Pokémon universe!

Discuss. My hypothesis is Surge suffers from shell shock.

#2 Edited by Fallschirmjager (18967 posts) - - Show Bio

1. The war to be...the very best.

Like no one ever was.

2. They use pokemon for general labor. Why not War too? Why bother with guns when I have a mouse that can shoot lightening?

#3 Edited by JakeN7 (13255 posts) - - Show Bio

1. What war was this?

2. Who the heck uses Pokémon to fight in a war? Guns exist in the Pokémon universe!

There is a Pokemon that created the universe (Arceus if you must know) and you think the reason it doesn't make sense for them to be used as weapons is because they already have guns?

Logic, thy name is apparently Yuffie Kisaragi and not Tifa Lockhart. ;P

#4 Posted by TifaLockhart (14167 posts) - - Show Bio

@fallschirmjager: Dad, I got a gun. I can shoot Cubone's mother to death. We can kill the Pokés together; it'll be fun.

#5 Edited by Fallschirmjager (18967 posts) - - Show Bio

@fallschirmjager: Dad, I got a gun. I can shoot Cubone's mother to death. We can kill the Pokés together; it'll be fun.

murderer.

#6 Posted by TifaLockhart (14167 posts) - - Show Bio

@jaken7: lies. I got all 150. There is no such thing.

#imnotlisteninglalala

#7 Posted by _Gaff_ (3762 posts) - - Show Bio

Pokemon Wars

They should make that a strategy game.

#8 Posted by JakeN7 (13255 posts) - - Show Bio

@tifalockhart: All? So you never caught Mew then? #150ormoretoseetobeapokemonmasterismydestiny #151

Also, you made me roll my eyes. I was born in '95 (yes I'm a scary youth, rawr) and I had a Gameboy in my hand with Red version in its cartridge slot since I was a wee tyke. And yet, I can honestly say that some later generations have had far superior Pokemon designs and are much more excellent games overall (once you take those nostalgia glasses off of course.)

I'll be the first one to say that they ran themselves in to the ground with Legendary designs. "What's more powerful than a Pokemon that controls the weather? the sea? the earth? the sky? time? space? We've done all those, what's next!?" "How about one that created all that?" "You mean god?" "Yeah" And that was Gen 4. We're at 6 now.

#9 Posted by JakeN7 (13255 posts) - - Show Bio

@_gaff_ said:

Pokemon Wars

They should make that a strategy game.

Your wish is my command.

It's excellent.

@tifalockhart Oh yeah, I forgot we were talking about wars. This ^ game shows how it's done.

#10 Posted by Avenger85 (2017 posts) - - Show Bio

I hate Pokémon. I want to kill them all with a chainsaw and then roast them and eat them.

#11 Posted by JakeN7 (13255 posts) - - Show Bio

I hate Pokémon. I want to kill them all with a chainsaw and then roast them and eat them.

#12 Posted by Avenger85 (2017 posts) - - Show Bio

@jaken7 said:

@avenger85 said:

#13 Edited by JakeN7 (13255 posts) - - Show Bio

@jaken7 said:

@avenger85 said:

#14 Edited by shonen3 (476 posts) - - Show Bio

1. What war was this?

1. The pokemon war between humans and pokemon that was instigated by the legendary trio, that hoho created.

2. Well pokemon would be quite effective in deestroying buildings, and during wider ranger of damage compared to a tank.

#15 Posted by Twentyfive (2845 posts) - - Show Bio

The gulf war. Against the persians and their fennekins.

A raichu saved Surge's life, and he brought it to japan during his time as a gym leader.

Surge got fed up with Dick Cheney and Colin Powel, so he left the war.

#16 Posted by waezi2 (8447 posts) - - Show Bio

A have a friend who claims that Ash's father was killed in that war Surge talk of.

#17 Posted by frogdog (3549 posts) - - Show Bio

@waezi2 said:

A have a friend who claims that Ash's father was killed in that war Surge talk of.

Ash has a father?

#18 Posted by Billy Batson (58348 posts) - - Show Bio

@frogdog said:

@waezi2 said:

Ash has a father?

Yeah, though he's never been mentioned by name or shown.

BB

#19 Edited by waezi2 (8447 posts) - - Show Bio

@frogdog: His mother said something about his father once in ep 2.

Personally, I believe Prof Oak is Ash father.

#20 Posted by frogdog (3549 posts) - - Show Bio

@waezi2 said:

Gary Oak being his half brother would be funny

#21 Posted by AweSam (7376 posts) - - Show Bio

Who needs guns when you have...

#22 Posted by Vitalius (2268 posts) - - Show Bio

@tifalockhart:

On movie, i think was lucario and the Mystery of Mew, showned a pokemon war where armored pokemon army fighting another pokemon armored army on ancient times. Plus some evil groups had mention or use weapons and gadgets to do evil things and fight. And as Professor Oak said "This world is inhabited by creatures called Pokémon! For some people, Pokémon are pets. Other use them for fights." People must choose if they want to do good or evil. As Pokémon Wars goes is kind fantheory that many people use it to explain why all trainers were either younger people or older people and why Red´s father is missing on the game (on first generation and LG and FR remakes). Pokémon Wars apperantly happen as it mention again on Pokémon X and Y, as NPC said tha Kalos Region had won the Pokémon War but it never been explored.

#23 Posted by JakeN7 (13255 posts) - - Show Bio

@waezi2 said:

I believe that as well. I first thought that jokingly, but over the years it's become more probable to me.

@frogdog said:

@waezi2 said:

Gary Oak being his half brother would be funny

Technically, Ash would be Gary's half-uncle.

#24 Posted by The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk (11141 posts) - - Show Bio

@tifalockhart: There was a war stated to have happened in X and Y, but it's too long ago for Surge to have been in it. I assume there have been multiple wars through the history of pokemon, I mean technically even Mewtwo was going to start one.

#25 Edited by NorrinBoltagonPrime21 (6469 posts) - - Show Bio
  1. Any war, it doesn't have to be specific.
  2. A person with a few brain cells would be smart enough to use a Pokemon over a gun. Most Pokemon have the ability to cause more damage and be more lethal than a gun.

I also don't get why this would be a "major issue"

#26 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (12636 posts) - - Show Bio

This thread is blowing my mind.

#27 Posted by wildvine (10371 posts) - - Show Bio

1. What war was this?

1) The war of diet soda vs regular

2) People that are too lazy to fight it themselves?

#28 Posted by SSJDarthPlagueis (2574 posts) - - Show Bio

@awesam said:

Lets see it tank a Hydrogen bomb

#29 Posted by AweSam (7376 posts) - - Show Bio

@awesam said:

I said guns, not hydrogen bombs.

#30 Posted by Xwraith (21516 posts) - - Show Bio

For some reason, I always thought Lt. Surge fought in 'Nam.

#31 Edited by xlab3000 (3356 posts) - - Show Bio

1. The war to be...the very best.

Like no one ever was.

2. They use pokemon for general labor. Why not War too? Why bother with guns when I have a mouse that can shoot lightening?

LOL

#32 Posted by Batman242 (4862 posts) - - Show Bio

Does Pokemon even have a story/plot? Really.

#33 Posted by WarlordEternal (3001 posts) - - Show Bio

While I have enjoyed playing Pokemon as a kid (haven't done it lately) This video really covers how I've felt about it growing up.

#34 Edited by Perethorn (3795 posts) - - Show Bio

Well humans are humans, slaving creatures so that they kill and fight for you sounds logical.

#35 Posted by TifaLockhart (14167 posts) - - Show Bio

OMG this is hilarious

#36 Posted by MaccyD (5111 posts) - - Show Bio

@shonen3 said:

@tifalockhart said:

1. What war was this?

1. The pokemon war between humans and pokemon that was instigated by the legendary trio, that hoho created.

2. Well pokemon would be quite effective in deestroying buildings, and during wider ranger of damage compared to a tank.

Yeah IGN or some other games news site made a fan story about the pokemon rebelling against humans. They basically used Blastoises as tanks.

Also in the anime didn't a small army of Tentacruels attack a city or something.

#37 Edited by ARMIV2 (8853 posts) - - Show Bio

@awesam said:

I don't know if it affects steel type...

#38 Posted by SSJDarthPlagueis (2574 posts) - - Show Bio

@armiv2: The heat from the explosion will defiantly melt steal.

#39 Posted by Strongarm (5857 posts) - - Show Bio

@tifalockhart:

When you have pokemon that can create universe and manipulate time, guns seem petty by comparison.

#40 Posted by hyperbertha (1325 posts) - - Show Bio
#41 Posted by TifaLockhart (14167 posts) - - Show Bio

I used. To be.

#42 Posted by Mediocregeist (681 posts) - - Show Bio

@avenger85 said:

That's assuming that one of them doesn't just roast you and eat you, which is far more likely.

#43 Posted by swordmasterD (2354 posts) - - Show Bio
#44 Edited by The_Deathstroker (8023 posts) - - Show Bio

@avenger85: THANK YOU!!!

I cant stand freaking Pokemon.

#45 Posted by EpicTayMan (2605 posts) - - Show Bio

Pokemon are Animal's Fictional Counter-Parts. (I.E.:Pikachu-Gopher) Lol

#46 Posted by SSJDarthPlagueis (2574 posts) - - Show Bio

@swordmasterd: lol the physics of Pokemon. Reality the H bomb would vaporize the water or if it were drop in the ocean the heat will be cooled down but the shock wave will still kill you. But since it's Pokemon I guess it wont have much effect. Even if you use a fire attack on a water Pokemon you can still do some damage and also more depending on the level of the fire Pokemon.

#47 Posted by swordmasterD (2354 posts) - - Show Bio

@ssjdarthplagueis: Oh yeah? What about a fire type... Or a Dark type (I don't even remember if that's a type) I guess you're right about the physics of pokemon considering one pokemon (I can't recall which) could apparently tow continents

#48 Edited by SSJDarthPlagueis (2574 posts) - - Show Bio

@swordmasterd: Its a anime. Physics don't matter lol! Plenty of comics do same as well. Superman broke a ton of physics for example.

#49 Posted by dngn4774 (3513 posts) - - Show Bio

Their terrorists aren't so great either.

This was actually from the same episode of pokemon.

#50 Posted by X_Person (17 posts) - - Show Bio

Wailords would destroy all sea-based attacks. I like how a 877.4 lbs. creature can fit in a ball that fits in my hand...

Also, the Pokemon kamikaze that blows up everything(which you would never need to use on a Roselia)