I have depression and I need help.

• 127 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Enemybird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Enemybird

Hello all!

My name is Ken, I am 25yrs old and I suffer from depression.

I know my name doesn't sound very Japanese but trust me I am. Long time users may know me from a few years ago as I was a lot more active on this site. If you're new to me well I am the biggest L fanboy on this site. Now I know what everyone is thinking, I am sure this isn't the first choice for a lot of people to express something so important to their personal lives. I get it and trust me if i had a group of people to talk to and give advice to me I would be there. I need people to understand that I really don't have many places to turn as I don't have any friends in "real life". I like that this site has some anonymity to it that can be a good or bad thing because trolls love that sort of thing.

I don't have a long detailed sob story to tell you and I am not very good at this sort of thing. but here it goes. Throughout my life I've always been alone. I just feel like I am sitting by and watching others enjoy and live to the full but never really experiencing things for myself. I was bullied growing up because I didn't speak English very well. I don't go to bars or hang out with others. I've tried making friends but it never works.I am not a loud confident guy and every girlfriend I've managed to get either leaves me for someone else or cheats on me. This has caused a pretty low self esteem and its just a terrible cycle to be in. I just feel very unwanted and unnoticed if that makes sense. I need advice from people or if anyone wants to be my friend I will appreciate it. If there is anything you want to know about me. I can go into more detail. I just want to ask.

-L

TheBlondeGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Is this uhm serious? I mean you really suffer from depression?

Cave_Duck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is this uhm serious? I mean you really suffer from depression?

Agreed.

If you are serious, see a professional not a bunch of internet peoples. Go to your local Dr for some advice.

TheBlondeGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Though one of my majors is Psychology, I think that you need to go to the right people. Appoint a counseling. :)

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hayden86 said:

We all have probs cry baby. Man up and talk to someone who can help and gtfo the internet...Like cave duck said ! All I see is " look at me! help me! I'm weak, I'm the only one alive that fills pain ! Why ?! "

I think this comment just cured his depression. Congratulations.

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When life gives you lemons make orange juice.

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hayden86: So the moral of the story is learn how to drive a truck?

dimitridkatsis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hayden86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

icecold14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Enemybird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was worth a try i guess

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Emperorb777

@enemybird: I posted something that would help you if you understand the meaning. I'm here for you for as long as it entertains me.

Hayden86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Hayden86

@enemybird: if you have enough guts to post something like this online then you can call a help center in the a.m. You are a 25 yr man, time to walk like your set is heavy and swinging low. All this poor me, help me crap will not do a thing for you. If you know you need help and you can point to all your issues then do something about it. Being online trying to get people to feed the little sad monster inside your heart and mind is again doing nothing.

No gf ? They all leave ? Change something you goober.

No friends? Of course not no one wants to be around some sad fun killing wussy.

Get mad, do some crying start working out, drink water, eat right and drop this 25yr loser gig and find the person you both like and want to be. If you don't like it then change again people do this all the time.

If you post this crap again, I will sniff your IP, use my flyer miles ( bro,I have tons and no black outs) find you bc all I have to do is ask " have you seen a sad looking male about 25?" Drag you to a gym and we will swing kettlebells until we throw up !

Enemybird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hayden86: I don't know if this is your way of helping me or if you're just trying to insult me. Either way, I appreciate you stopping by. I don't mean that sarcastically. thank you.

Enemybird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@enemybird: I posted something that would help you if you understand the meaning. I'm here for you for as long as it entertains me.

That's alright with me. And yes I understood what you meant. :)

Avatar image for deactivated-5a937e573d769
deactivated-5a937e573d769

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't really know what to tell you man, I know how you feel, I am severely anti-social I suffer form crippling anxiety disorder I have no friends because people just piss me off & irritate me, I often think of suicide but I really just want to cease to exist & killing myself is no guarantee of that, I feel the only thing that will fix my live "& I'm not joking" is a Zombie Apocalypse "god that would be freakin great".

So I suggest just wallowing in your misery & becoming bitter, angry & fearless and when the shit hits the fan "and it will" put your own needs & feelings aside & do everything you can to help those who are helpless, stupid scared or cowardly to have a better life because yours probably wont get any better but you can at least make a difference in someone else's so long as your not a selfish dick not that I'm accusing you I just hope your not.

Mandarinestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm sorry that you are unable to afford a therapist.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm sorry that you are unable to afford a therapist.

Therapy and medication is bull shit.

Hayden86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What's wrong with watching happy people from the sidelines, I don't feel a need to be a part of it as long as I know other people are happy I'm content but there's so much suffering in the world and my one & only fear in life is seeing other people suffering.

Mandarinestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killerforhire: That's right. And asking advice from unexperienced people in the internet is the brightest idea in human history.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

@enemybird: Find a person with whom you can share this stuff.Get out there.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

Get help and get it elsewhere.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By thedailybagel  Moderator

@enemybird: not a good idea asking for help on comicvine, though I'll give it a shot anyway.

I don't know what your hobbies are so I dont know what to say regarding things like that.

Regarding low self esteem... Get a gym membership, trust me, even if you go once a week it'll help with your low self esteem, it gives you something to do and get you ripped in the process.

Then there's the way you think about things... Dude, you've managed to get several girlfriends, you must be doing something right. Instead of thinking of it like "they've left me because I'm not good enough" think of it like this "humph, she cheated on me. Oh well, good luck to her next boyfriend before the b*tch leaves him". Try not to think of things in a bad way.

As for getting more friends, the gym might be able to help with that but I don't really have any other advice. Good luck in the future Man!

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I once dated and loved a girl who suffered from depression. She never told me and I lost her.

So please,
I want to ask you with the utmost sincerity, to please help yourself by seeing someone about it and talking about it. There are people who care about you and they will listen, Talk to a Doctor if you need to. Don't be another statistic.

ariesxmasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well if this is serious then I'll put my 2 cents in. Don't talk to a Doctor or a Therapist you're probably just going to waste money and still be feeling the same. They will tell you the same thing as people would probably on here. Therapist don't know some magical "secret way" of changing your emotion of depression, because it doesn't exist. Try to find some positivity in your life instead of looking down on everything.

Throughout my life I've always been alone.

You came in this world alone and you will leave it in a coffin alone, man. Plus at 25 you have more important things to worry about instead of having a bunch of fake "friends". So this is probably for the better.

I just feel like I am sitting by and watching others enjoy and live to the full but never really experiencing things for myself.

Then get up and do something, man. Start living life, and start going out.

I was bullied growing up because I didn't speak English very well.

That doesn't matter now you're and adult.

I don't go to bars or hang out with others. I've tried making friends but it never works.

Try going to a bar or hanging out with other. Ask yourself how come friends never work out for. Is it you? are you a bad person or are you just picking the wrong friends?

I am not a loud confident guy and every girlfriend I've managed to get either leaves me for someone else or cheats on me.

You not being loud is good. You being confident is great. Woman come a dime a dozen don't worry you got plenty of time for them and they're plenty of them. Woman out scale men 5 to 1. For every 1 man they're is 5 woman so yeah have no fear.

This has caused a pretty low self esteem and its just a terrible cycle to be in.

I understand how it could cause low self esteem. But ad least you are getting girl at all.

I just feel very unwanted and unnoticed if that makes sense.

I can see how you can feel that way. But just try to talk more.

Avatar image for knightsofdarkness2
Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hayden86 said:

We all have probs cry baby. Man up and talk to someone who can help and gtfo the internet...Like cave duck said ! All I see is " look at me! help me! I'm weak, I'm the only one alive that fills pain ! Why ?! "

He should be a doctor. I bet he would find a cure for people suffering from cancer in 3 seconds.

magnablue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Suck it up and get a life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noone301994 said:
@hayden86 said:

He should be a doctor. I bet he would find a cure for people suffering from cancer in 3 seconds.

Yeah, all he'd have to do is tell them to stop having cancer, and they'd be cured.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Cable_Extreme

Play world of Warcraft, give yourself something to be addicted to that is also pretty social. That is what I did, and now I have a few life long friends from it.

Avatar image for consolemaster001
consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@hylian said:

Suck it up and get a life

Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squares said:

@knightsofdarkness2 said:

@noone301994 said:
@hayden86 said:

Yeah, all he'd have to do is tell them to stop having cancer, and they'd be cured.

Or he could insult all of them to hell, it works all the same.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squares said:

@noone301994 said:
@hayden86 said:

What, insulting someone to hell cures cancer?

magnablue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By magnablue
Avatar image for thespiritstalker
TheSpiritStalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Have you considered talking to someone professional? You could get counseling or anti-depressants. Perhaps join a depression clique. There are people you can talk to who suffer from it and are beating it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hayden86 said:

@squares: duh dork. See my published works. Lol

Yeah, considering the quality of your posts here, I think I'll pass.

Hayden86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Hayden86

@squares: you mad already bro ? tuff night in minecraft?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hayden86 said:

@squares: you mad already bro ? tuff night in minecraft?

Tough, not tuff.

Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squares said:

@squares said:

@noone301994 said:
@hayden86 said:

What, insulting someone to hell cures cancer?

It sure does, it's Hayden's signature way to cure diseases!

Hayden86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Chibi_cute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Make that as an inspiration to Rule the world from the shadows.

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@enemybird:

In my opinion you must change some of your habits.
That don't mean becoming a new person.
Find some Club about what you like to make friends.
Find a sport that you enjoy.

I'm sure that you will find someone that will love you. :)

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@enemybird: I know where your coming from, but you should know, if you want things to change you're going to have to cause the change

you might have to get out of your comfort zone, I know it's not easy, but that seems to be the way it works

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hayden86 said:

@squares: how ? You comment on all the "why do guys like big boobs?" And so on ? Lol swing and a miss dude go play mod lots of wrongs on the net.

So you believe the fact that I comment on topics like "why do guys like big boobs" makes it okay for you to behave inapprorpriately?