• 71 results
InnerAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By InnerAssassin

Ok there is this girl i have a large amounts of feelings for. She probably doesn't even know me or know i exist but im in love. I cant get enough courage up to ask he out or confess my feelings to embarrassed ill make a fool of myself.... HELP?

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By JonSmith

Wrong site. Go to Giant Bomb for this kind of question. They have this:

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

Ask her out and be done with it. If she turns you down then oh well. It happens to everyone.

or do the long way. You said she doesn't even know you (well then I don't know how exactly you love her, but okay) well, introduce yourself to her and make the attempt to become friends. Hang out a few times and get to know her. THEN ask her out.

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By KnightRise

Ladies:

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

#6  Edited By Joygirl

Embarrassment is not something there is a cure for I believe. It's pretty much "nut up or shut up"... don't really have advice on how to psyche up.

Get a hooker first, then go talk to her?

Avatar image for robocopslayert800
RobocopSlayerT800

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By RobocopSlayerT800

Ask the girl out if you like her. Well don't just go up to her and rightly ask her, talk to her and get to know her first and after you've talked to her for the 3rd-4th time, ask her out. The worst she can say is " No" so if you get rejected don't feel bad. I've had crushes and i've been turned down alot too. So go for it, give it a shot.

Remember now, talk to her first for a bit and get to know her and after the time being, make your move.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By lykopis

I am a little concerned you are throwing the word "love" around.

If she doesn't know you exist, then you must not know her as well? If you are crushing on a person from afar --- get closer. She might not be so wonderful -- or not someone you would be compatible with. To find that out -- approach her. Doesn't have to be a date, just get to know her. Exclamations of love wouldn't be received in the way you would hope based on above.

This is obviously owning a lot of space in your head. Do something to change how things are right now and becoming friends would be the best start.

@Glitch_Spawn said:

@Joygirl said:

Embarrassment is not something there is a cure for I believe. It's pretty much "nut up or shut up"... don't really have advice on how to psyche up.

You know, I like you.

Welcome to the JG Fan Club. :)

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

I dunno about just asking her out, if she doesn't know you exist, as you claim, it could come on as a bit odd for a stranger to just show up like that...try befriending her first, pay attention to what she's doing and make a comment on it, preferably a funny one.

agent9149

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By agent9149

If you don't know her, don't just randomly go up to her and ask her out. At least get to know her for like about 2 weeks, give or take, and then ask her out.

spetsnaz_gru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By spetsnaz_gru
Aronmorales

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Aronmorales

@BiteMe-Fanboy said:

Ask her out and be done with it. If she turns you down then oh well. It happens to everyone.

or do the long way. You said she doesn't even know you (well then I don't know how exactly you love her, but okay) well, introduce yourself to her and make the attempt to become friends. Hang out a few times and get to know her. THEN ask her out.

This.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By MonsterStomp

@InnerAssassin said:

Ok there is this girl i have a large amounts of feelings for. She probably doesn't even know me or know i exist but im in love. I cant get enough courage up to ask he out or confess my feelings to embarrassed ill make a fool of myself.... HELP?

You said she probably doesn't know you exist. So you probably don't know her well enough to claim love.

It's kind of like how I have nice dreams about my ex girlfriend and when I wake up, I want her back. I eventually get over it.

You should try and get to know her first. Don't confess your feelings at all. Not until you can trust someone enough.

JohnnyGat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By JohnnyGat

First thing you need to do is get Chloroform. Lock her in an Underground room. Wait for Stockholm syndrome to kick in. Live happily ever after.

Honest advise though, approach her, get to know her, let her get to know you, if the chemistry is there and is more than just an attraction purely based on visual attraction but attraction that is based on mutual interests then ask her out. Like mentions the way you're throwing the word love even though you point out that she doesn't even know you exist is a bit much.

About you being worried about embarrassing yourself? Don't we're all going to do something embarrassing from time to time if it doesn't work out then it doesn't work out. Would you rather embarrass yourself or forever regret not even trying?

Enemybird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Enemybird

@InnerAssassin said:

there is nothing you can do... There you've been helped

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By MonsterStomp

"You know, sometimes all you need is twenty seconds of insane courage. Just literally twenty seconds of just embarrassing bravery. And I promise you, something great will come of it." - Benjamin Mee

- We Bought a Zoo

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#18  Edited By Mercy_
@JonSmith

Yes.
InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#19  Edited By InnerVenom123

Chances are she'll morph into a praying mantis and eat your face.

Avatar image for trueilluminatus
TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By TrueIlluminatus
@lykopis: This kid is a teenager. Proclamations of love are common with the kids at that age, y'know?

I used to be in love with my Sociology teacher in my freshman year. Then I made out with some girl in that class and I quickly forgot all about the woman.
Aiden Cross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#21  Edited By Aiden Cross

Talk to her about a topic that you both have an interest in, if it clicks ask her if she likes to get a coffee with you. If it doesn't .. Well at least you tried and you might still get a friend out of this :) Don't set your expectations of her too high now ;)

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By JonSmith

@KnightRise said:

Ladies:

You forgot to call out Necrotic_Lycanthrope. She'll think you're forgetting she's a girl again.

TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By TrueIlluminatus
@JonSmith said:

@KnightRise said:

Ladies:

@Joygirl

@BumpyBoo

@lykopis

@Ravager4

@wildvine

You forgot to call out Necrotic_Lycanthrope. She'll think you're forgetting she's a girl again.

We can't have that, now can we?
Avatar image for mrbossawesomedude
MrBossAwesomeDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just talk to her for awhile on facebook, get to know her a bit then ask if she wants to go out and do something. That's what I did. Worked for me, now I'm with the love of my life. :)

Jezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Jezer

@InnerAssassin said:

Imagine her releasing a steaming piling of poop from her bowels.

Take a second. Visualize it. The smell is rancid. The sight is putrid. It looks like mud, but smells like butt. The toilet splashes with a hard donk after it is catapulted from the dirty place that shall not be named.

You done imagining it? Because she does that.

At this point, you shall have released her from her imaginary pedestal of beauty and perfection - that you built up in your mind since you don't know her - and now have the courage to ask her to go out to coffee with you--as one pooping individual to another.

You're welcome. ;)

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By KnightRise

@JonSmith said:

@KnightRise said:

Ladies:

I....most certainly did...

whilst my favorite deceased werewolf answer the summon?

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By lykopis

@Illuminatus:

True.

His feelings are pretty intense for a person who doesn't know he exists so it's that I am addressing. He's infatuated and overwhelmed. Hence the need to step back and take her off the pedestal he's placed her on. Too much for someone he doesn't know one on one.

Avatar image for ronpaulrevolution
RonPaulRevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Think like men back in the 1940's and you'll do swell.

TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By TrueIlluminatus
@lykopis said:

@Illuminatus:

True.

His feelings are pretty intense for a person who doesn't know he exists so it's that I am addressing. He's infatuated and overwhelmed. Hence the need to step back and take her off the pedestal he's placed her on. Too much for someone he doesn't know one on one.

My contention is actually that his perception of the circumstances (her being completely oblivious to his very existence, allegedly) only fuels him to fall greater into a state of affection for the young lady. Humans are both neurologically wired and reinforced by society to believe that if your feelings for someone keep growing more and more genuine, they will eventually acknowledge you, almost as if it's a concrete fact of the universe, akin to the laws of physics.  

I have news for you kids: the only way to get someone's attention is to actually make an effort. Step up and talk to her about whatever. Stimulating someone's intrigue is the best way to get their attention, get them to go on a date with you, get them to come over to your house, and then lure them into the basement where you reveal yourself to be indoctrinated by Reapers. Trust me, we've all been there.

So, yeah, maybe realizing that there are better fish in the sea is the best course of action. Or just talk to her.
WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By WARLOCK2792

This ain't the place to go to for dating advice. Just ask Yahoo Answers like the rest of us

ghostrider2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By ghostrider2

@Joygirl said:

Haha, hooker?If you don't have balls i can't give any advice but ask her out by the way if she doesn't know you is not big deal anyway in this case use facebook or something and talk with her.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#34  Edited By laflux

@lykopis said:

@Glitch_Spawn said:

@Joygirl said:

You know, I like you.

Welcome to the JG Fan Club. :)

Can I Join :P

@InnerAssassin:

Pretty much everything I wanted to say and post here has been posted. One thing though, the feeling your going through- I've felt it too, and it feels nice, hence why your are willing to be in that situation. Of course you want more, but sitting on the sidelines does him no harm whatsoever. To elaborate- why do you like her? You probably find her fit (U.K slang for physically attractive). What else, the way she carries herself, her demeanor? These are things which are quite difficult to assess if the said person hasn't got a clue of who you are. My advice, make friends with her rather than directly asking her out. If she's as nice as you say she is, she will agree. Then you get to know her better. From personal experience, its good, because you can properly assess her- and you may find her as just a friend, and two, girls tend to react better to people they know asking them out, rather than strangers.

Furthermore, I shocked that some ladies were not called out to give their counsel

If the almost certainty that your a female on the site and haven't been called out yet, well then, it sucks to be you eh ;-P

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By lykopis

@Illuminatus said:

@lykopis said:

@Illuminatus:

True.

My contention is actually that his perception of the circumstances (her being completely oblivious to his very existence, allegedly) only fuels him to fall greater into a state of affection for the young lady. Humans are both neurologically wired and reinforced by society to believe that if your feelings for someone keep growing more and more genuine, they will eventually acknowledge you, almost as if it's a concrete fact of the universe, akin to the laws of physics.

I have news for you kids: the only way to get someone's attention is to actually make an effort. Step up and talk to her about whatever. Stimulating someone's intrigue is the best way to get their attention, get them to go on a date with you, get them to come over to your house, and then lure them into the basement where you reveal yourself to be indoctrinated by Reapers. Trust me, we've all been there. So, yeah, maybe realizing that there are better fish in the sea is the best course of action. Or just talk to her.

Ha! ;p

YoungJustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By YoungJustice

@laflux: I'm a guy..

Don't know whether to be pleased or offended..

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#37  Edited By laflux

@YoungJustice said:

@laflux: I'm a guy..

Don't know whether to be pleased or offended..

be pleased :P

I edited it- if it bothers you.

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#38  Edited By Bruxae

Knock on her windows in the middle of the night and build shrines with your blood on them in her backyard, maybe cut a lock of her hair and go around sniffing it when she looks over at you.

Girls really like the attention, makes them feel special!

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

#39  Edited By wildvine

@InnerAssassin said:

First off, you're just crushing. We all been there. Second off all, most of the posts i've read are right. Talk to this person. Start a dialogue. Find some common interests. After you guys get comfortable around each other, offer to buy her a coffee or something small.

Do Not:

Buy her a gift, Write her a song, or anything like that. You don;t want to over-whelm her.

Avatar image for necrotic_lycanthrope
Necrotic_Lycanthrope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@KnightRise:

I'm here and barking at the moon. :3

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
StMichalofWilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 107

#41  Edited By StMichalofWilson

@spetsnaz_gru said:

InnerAssassin: Yeah, man up. Don't be afraid. Just don't express yourself to soon. Wait until you two get to know each other and actually go on several dates and really make a connection. But if my advice doesn't work then go to GiantBomb...

@JonSmith said:

Avatar image for dark_vengeance_
Dark_Vengeance_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Dark_Vengeance_

@Enemybird said:

@InnerAssassin said:

there is nothing you can do... There you've been helped

Oh Ryuzaki you wonderful S.O.B, I was going to post that.

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By KnightRise

I have a little tehnique thats worked twice: do not do favors for her when you start hanging out. I don't mean be rude, but don't do anything extraordinary. Ask her for favors, and when she does them thank her with all sincerity.

I saw it on a Yahoo! article and tried it to a lady-friend. Totally got her attached to me

Stevens61310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Stevens61310

Most everyone has said everything that needs to be said. I am just going to add my two cents. before I do I would like to say that I am probably older than the average comicvine poster.

1. I live in California and talk on a weekly basis with a woman from Virginia. We went to HS together and knew of each other. Through several conversations with her I have now found out that if I had just asked her she would probably have gone out with me. As of this moment we each have faltering marriages, children, and grand children so the option of getting together at this point in time is small at best. My point is that you have no idea what is going on in her head. What she maybe putting out is a front to conceal her insecurities. I don't know anything about this girl you are in love with but in my case the girl was beautiful, intelligent, made prom court at least once, and was a cheerleader. She has confided in me that if I had asked her out she would have gone out. Hindsight is 20/20.

2. Ask her out. To a movie. To Starbucks. To McDonalds. The absolute worse she can do is say NO. Will it disappoint you? Yes. Will it embarrass you? Probably. But you can never know what she is thinking about you if you don't ask.

I now know I should have asked her out and I wonder what things would have been like if I had. Don't find yourself wondering years later like I did.

InnerAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By InnerAssassin

To be honest she is out of my league I don't even think I'll talk to her. She is always around a ton of friends the popular people some might say. I mean I collect comics and have braces... she is a tall smoking hot blonde a grade ahead of me what chances do I really have?

Stevens61310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Stevens61310

Well if you were never going to talk to her what was the point of posting here? But truthfully what you said is exactly my point.

You think she is out of your league so all you will ever do is long for her from a distance. I did exactly the same thing thing when I was in HS. And now we wonder what would happen if I had ever asked her out. She says that I could have had my way with her. All I had to do is ask her out.

I'm not saying ask her out if it will make you uncomfortable. But this longing from afar doesn't do you any good either. As my Mom would have said "Shit or get off the pot"

TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By TrueIlluminatus
@InnerAssassin said:

To be honest she is out of my league I don't even think I'll talk to her. She is always around a ton of friends the popular people some might say. I mean I collect comics and have braces... she is a tall smoking hot blonde a grade ahead of me what chances do I really have?

Stop making excuses.

What's the worst that can happen?
Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#48  Edited By Pyrogram

@Illuminatus: NO.

Samimista

Forum Posts