• 99 results
thing150

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By thing150

The big bang theory is like a lot of modern television it's...........horrible. This "show" has been out for almost 7 years and it's absolute garbage. All the show consists of is references to nerd culture(not even good ones)that demean actual nerd culture. I will not call these jokes because they are not but they are used as jokes,with a laugh track sure to follow. The show is about nerds but the people watching it are the exact opposite, and that's why they laugh at these "jokes" because nerds and nerdy people are funny to them. The character are an absolute clusterf***,the creators just threw every nerdy thing they could find in a petri dish and made "Characters". Resulting in "characters" like Sheldon who is nerdy but because he is nerdy he somehow has to be a comic nerd, scientist, star trek lover, and star wars fanatic. The show is just utter garbage and an insult to people with interests in any of the things the show references,and a complete mockery of "nerds" everywhere.

Avatar image for riddlerzeroyear
RiddlerZeroYear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's bad.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#4  Edited By Teerack

Take out the laugh track and....

Loading Video...

Hayden86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6  Edited By Hayden86

I got yo back bro ! Matha #$@%*€$ at the big network ! Its Gold Girls or nothing! Long live betty white !!!! ...i think bea arthur is in hell.

thing150

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By thing150

@teerack said:

Loading Video...

omg yes its just a guy saying nerdy thing in a nerdy voice to appeal to a non nerdy audience..............i absolutely despise this show and people who like this show

thing150

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

just a thought but a lot of the show is trying to get viewers to laugh at the expense of a autistic charcter.............which is pretty messed up

Deadgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

From years writers, artists, fans & comic book readers are trying to promote comics as literature which everyone in society can read just as like they read a novel or watch a movie . But sometimes shows kind of like these come along push the comics back to that mentality where only those supernerd, losers, virgins, socially inept or socially awkward men or only kids can read not any normal person with a healthy life.

Live studio audience where in front of them this show is filmed laugh like maniacs from every small nerd reference to every bad joke weather it involves attending comic con, comic collecting , Aquaman (he does not sucks), Mario 64(Its one of greatest games ever) or issues like famine(India haven't any famine since 67 years) or autism or homosexuality.
And whats up this golden rule that every nerd shown in movies or shows have to be a Star Trek fanboy or Star Wars fanboy or Battlestar Galactica fanboy?

Avatar image for deactivated-611928878d365
deactivated-611928878d365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

Watch this. THIS SHOW WON AWARDS? FOR COMEDY? JESUS H. F&&&!

rev_sulphur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

Good for you.

Avatar image for theamazingspidey
TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13  Edited By TheAmazingSpidey

@thing150:

Yeah, man - no worries, no need to explain yourself - it's a mediocre show... and I generally don't like those sort of shows. Makes me wonder why anyone would set down, stare at a TV show and watch people read lines and make them laugh.

Best thread ever *leaves*

- TAS

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

I think it's a dreadful show, and I honestly don't get the appeal..but, it's been on for a while, so what do I know?

(The blonde chick is hot though)

jevon101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I never watched an episode but I can tell from the commercial it sucks.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 32

I think it's a dreadful show, and I honestly don't get the appeal..but, it's been on for a while, so what do I know?

(The blonde chick is hot though)

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

BB

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By TheAmazingSpidey

@jevon101 said:

I never watched an episode but I can tell from the commercial it sucks.

Do yourself a favour and don't.

- TAS

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Agreed.

StarWatcher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I actually really liked it when I first started watching, there were only like 2 seasons out.
It was pretty funny but I quickly got bored of it as it became more and more repetitive and focused on love drama and whatnot. I haven't watched the show in years lol, but I keep hearing it's terrible now.

black_wreath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 109

The show succeeds best when the jokes aren't concerned with geek culture. Things like shock over a female entering a comic book store just make it look out of touch, I have doubts that would've been considered funny even 30 years ago.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Meh.

I like it, so whatever.

@thing150 said:

just a thought but a lot of the show is trying to get viewers to laugh at the expense of a autistic charcter.............which is pretty messed up

He isn't autistic though. He was created with the idea of a machine-like person. Efficient, almost devoid of human connection/humor. The resulting character jsut happened to have those aspects in correlation with said disorder. However, even if there was any chance he was, where is it at his expense? The show doesn't make him look stupid, nor does it really put him down in anyway.

Bathound

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Bathound
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Comicuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

this show is HILARIOUS.

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 50

@thing150@oscars94

Its okay to hate the show, but the F word isn't allowed in the forums guys. You have to censor that next time.

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By SmashBrawler

Little known fact, this show is such a black hole of comedy that it actually stripped away several people's sense of humor.

legacy6364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't watch it.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The show isn't really funny to me because it's an exaggeration of our comic book culture. I just can't relate to the characters because I'm not really anything like them.

1. I love comic books.

2. I love sci-fi.

3. I majored in the sciences in college (Engineering).

None of these caused me to be socially awkward. I'm completely capable of communicating with different types of social groups. I guess I feel like the show stereotypes many of us.

Does anyone else feel this way?

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#29  Edited By Wolverine008

Shoddy show IMO.

DBVSE7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People actually take these shows seriously lol.

Avatar image for deactivated-627010180bd2d
deactivated-627010180bd2d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack said:

Loading Video...

Loading Video...

KittyParker13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really dislike it. I've seen the scene where some girls walk into a comic book store and it was so stupid how all of the guys were staring. That was enough to make me have 0% interest in the show. The stereotypes are so off, it's not funny. It's ridicules how untrue and over-exaggerated it is.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

I think the number one excuse here for hating stuff is "I can't relate". I can't relate to a meth cooker riddled with lung cancer but I loved Breaking Bad. My dad isn't a god but I enjoyed the old Hercules show. I'm not a costumed superhero but I enjoy Arrow and Smallville.

BBT isn't the best show on TV but it isn't the worst. Millions of people watch it every week and it's not going anywhere. Get over it.

DBVSE7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for The_Deathstroker
The_Deathstroker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By The_Deathstroker

..... LMFAO!! It's fine to dislike it, but it's hilariously sad that you're offended by it.

It's like me flipping out and saying I hate Game of Thrones cuz it portrays blondes in an offensive way. Lulz.

#societythesedays

#really

thing150

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wildvine: sorry did not know swearing was banned..................also did not think i said f***................will censor it right now

DBVSE7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By DBVSE7

@The_Deathstroker: Thank you.. LMAO.

It's like when Animal Activists complained about Planet of the Apes.

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Saying you despise the fans of the show is a bit much. I was a fan because I know this crap isn't 100% accurate, although their are people like the characters in life. Like there is this super feminine Indian dude named Nick who sucks with women.

I had a best friend just like Sheldon. But gay.

I mean, they ain't doing that bad. Got hot girlfriends, their successful scientific geniuses, etc.

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really dislike it. I've seen the scene where some girls walk into a comic book store and it was so stupid how all of the guys were staring. That was enough to make me have 0% interest in the show. The stereotypes are so off, it's not funny. It's ridicules how untrue and over-exaggerated it is.

I've always had 0% interest in that show - probably one of the crappiest to grace the big screen.

- TAS

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pokeysteve: when people can't relate, sometimes they feel that way because they feel stereotyped. That's why they can't relate but rather feel insulted.

I kind of feel that way with the show. But do I feel ill wellness towards the show? Not at all. I'm sure it has made millions of people happier.

thing150

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By thing150

@comicuser: plz be satire plz be satire..........................if you're not joking i feel bad for your sense of "humor".....if we can even call it that

Avatar image for surfingthehighway
SurfingtheHighway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't hate it, and I watch it quite regularly.

HOWEVER, it really bothers me that some people defend it saying "Oh, you just don't understand the jokes". Guys, wether scientific or "nerd-related" the jokes are not that hard to understand. All characters, movies and scientific principles they mention are among what most call 'general knowledge'. You don't have to be a comic-book geek, film buff or scientist to know what they're talking about.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My girlfriend watches it so you it's horrible looooool.

but srsly, show sucks to me but it has it's audience.

Mortein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Mortein  Online

I do not hate it, but it makes me a little bit disappointed.

thing150

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the worst fans of the show are the ones who think you don't like it because your not witty enough to get basic science "jokes" and comic references that don't even scratch the surface of basic comic knowledge..........................those people are the absolute worst

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 50

@thing150:

Its okay. We're updating the sites rules with a list of words you can't use.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

I own every season on disc.. I love the show.

thing150

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dagmar_merrill: be gone, i banish you.........................lol jk, everyone is entitled to their own opinion.......................even if its not a good one

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#50  Edited By Dragonborn_CT

@The_Deathstroker said:

..... LMFAO!! It's fine to dislike it, but it's hilariously sad that you're offended by it.

It's like me flipping out and saying I hate Game of Thrones cuz it portrays blondes in an offensive way. Lulz.

#societythesedays

#really

That would be a silly reason to hate on GoT... Although the series did came under fire due to sexist and racist accusations leveled in the past.

I do generally agree with the general sentiment of the post above. Nothing ever pisses me off more than people mistaking depictions of certain subjects like racism, rape or slavery as promotions of these things, like the morons who thought Far Cry 4 was going to be an racist and homophobic due to the character in the cover using an pink suit and thought to be the protagonist and being apparently white standing over some Asian fellow. Turns out the dude wasn't neither gay or white (he was Asian too) and he was the main villain. Oh and the protagonist is not white either so, whose ass got served huh?