• 70 results
N7_Normandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 6

Edited By N7_Normandy

Maybe it's just me, but I hate the idea of being able to be tracked down and contacted at any moment.   Not to mention that I absolutely abhor texting and the people who have their damn thumbs glued to their keypads.     I realize that cellphones go along with societal progress and numerous other innovations that I'm quite fond of, but whatever happened to being completely off the grid and unreachable?  What do you guys think?

Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#1  Edited By Caligula

I agree i think if satan is real (and that's a big if) he created cell phones.

sure they have some good uses.

but really I hate it when you have a couple of dumb girls over with their stupid cell phones, and they are sitting in the same room texting each other and giggling... you know what they are texting about is you right, and they are laughing about you. Maybe i'm the only person in the world who sees this.

N7_Normandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By N7_Normandy
@Caligula said:
" I agree i think if satan is real (and that's a big if) he created cell phones.  sure they have some good uses.  but really I hate it when you have a couple of dumb girls over with their stupid cell phones, and they are sitting in the same room texting each other and giggling... you know what they are texting about is you right, and they are laughing about you. Maybe i'm the only person in the world who sees this. "
well said.  I suppose phones can come in handy during an emergency, but the cons vastly outweigh the pros in my mind.
Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Caligula
@N7_Normandy: same here
Precise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Precise

I couldn't live without one. I use it for bussiness e-mail. Contact via various social media. Easy to look up stuff on the go on the internet. Gaming when i'm waiting and bored. Reading news and god knows what else I do with that thing lol.

Avatar image for despero_is_the_beginning
Despero is the beginning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@N7_Normandy said:
" Maybe it's just me, but I hate the idea of being able to be tracked down and contacted at any moment.   Not to mention that I absolutely abhor texting and the people who have their damn thumbs glued to their keypads.     I realize that cellphones go along with societal progress and numerous other innovations that I'm quite fond of, but whatever happened to being completely off the grid and unreachable?  What do you guys think? "
You want off the grid? Take out the battery. Or just don't own a phone...
Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Caligula
@Precise said:
" I couldn't live without one. I use it for bussiness e-mail. Contact via various social media. Easy to look up stuff on the go on the internet. Gaming when i'm waiting and bored. Reading news and god knows what else I do with that thing lol. "
don't take offense. but i hate going any where seeing someone in a group of people yak it up on a phone instead of conversing with the group he/she is with. i'll often see groups of people that say they are hanging out but all to often they are all on cell phones with people who aren't there. no really hangs out any more.

cell phones are killers.
N7_Normandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By N7_Normandy
@Caligula said:
" @Precise said:
" I couldn't live without one. I use it for bussiness e-mail. Contact via various social media. Easy to look up stuff on the go on the internet. Gaming when i'm waiting and bored. Reading news and god knows what else I do with that thing lol. "
don't take offense. but i hate going any where seeing someone in a group of people yak it up on a phone instead of conversing with the group he/she is with. i'll often see groups of people that say they are hanging out but all to often they are all on cell phones with people who aren't there. no really hangs out any more.  cell phones are killers. "
I agree completely.  I can't tell you how mad it makes me when I'm with people and they're texting away on their phones as if they're alone.  When I'm at dinner with friends, they all hold their phones under the table and text the whole damn time.  Personally, I don't ever carry my phone.
Precise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Precise
@Caligula:  I'm not taking offense at all =) You have a point of course, and there are people who take it a little too far. But on the other hand, they might share information or pictures they found on the internet, they could provide them links to the social profile of someone they know so they can look at who it is besides just saying it with words. 

There are so many uses, and i'm a bit of a gadget geek so... :p But what you describe isn't just because of cell phones, the same thing is happening with the internet. People are talking on msn or on a forum instead of actually face to face. It's just a development in communication.
Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Caligula
@N7_Normandy: i don't even own a cellphone. i have a computer and a house phone. and if you want to contact me you can reach me through that.
N7_Normandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By N7_Normandy
@Caligula said:
" @N7_Normandy: i don't even own a cellphone. i have a computer and a house phone. and if you want to contact me you can reach me through that. "
only reason I have a cell phone is because my parents forced me to get one.  
hdorman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By hdorman1

i love my mobile  
i couldnt go anywhere without it  

JCJQLB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By JCJQLB

You do??? OMG! I can't live without my iphone!

hdorman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By hdorman1
@JCJQLB: ewwww an iphone
Precise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Precise
@hdorman1: They have pretty good apps though
JCJQLB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By JCJQLB
@hdorman1: Do you have any problems with that?
Avatar image for thenooseisloose
TheNooseIsLoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By TheNooseIsLoose

I love cell phones, but I'm not nearly as dependent on them as some. I mean some people seem like if their phone broke they'd starve to death.

Avatar image for deactivated-asdf987sdf
deactivated-asdf987sdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mine has games and pictures on it. =D.... i used to hate them, but it's helps with staying up to date on what's going on when you're out of the house. 

hdorman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By hdorman1
@JCJQLB: apple is evil 
its the skynet of this universe 
Avatar image for captain_solaris
Captain Solaris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Captain Solaris

I hate cell phone too! It's probably why I use it mainly for the other applications like mp3 player, SatNav, emailing, internet browsing, dictionary and thesaurus, gaming, camera, makeshift video recorder, storage device...
JCJQLB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By JCJQLB
@hdorman1: I love Apple's Laptops, iphone, ipod! I can't live without any of these!
Donnieman v5.1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Donnieman v5.1
@JCJQLB: Hi iPhone buddy :P
wecantgetaway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By wecantgetaway

I hear you friend. I once went 2 years without a cellphone by choice. People act like doomsday is upon us when they lose theirs. One thing I hate about having one is that if someone calls/texts you and you don't answer right away, it's a huge deal. 

JCJQLB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By JCJQLB
@Donnieman v5.1: Hi
hdorman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By hdorman1
@JCJQLB: doesnt stop them from being useless after one year of having them 

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
JCJQLB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By JCJQLB
@hdorman1: ahahahaha
Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#26  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

I hated them until I got one....lol now I don't feel right if I don't have it on me.

Avatar image for thenooseisloose
TheNooseIsLoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By TheNooseIsLoose
@wecantgetaway said:
" I hear you friend. I once went 2 years without a cellphone by choice. People act like doomsday is upon us when they lose theirs. One thing I hate about having one is that if someone calls/texts you and you don't answer right away, it's a huge deal.  "
You just tell them to go f**k themselves.
wecantgetaway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By wecantgetaway
@TheNooseIsLoose:  Haha. I would, but I'm too nice.
Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator
@wecantgetaway: I'm not...I'll even punch them in the face for you.
Calvin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#30  Edited By Calvin
@N7_Normandy said:
" Maybe it's just me, but I hate the idea of being able to be tracked down and contacted at any moment.   Not to mention that I absolutely abhor texting and the people who have their damn thumbs glued to their keypads. "
100% with you on this one. Sometimes I just "forget" the cell phone for a couple of days, best feeling ever! - Of course I will later on hear someone complaining about it..... 

Anyway, progress is always a monster of two heads, and people usually forget about the bad things in cells. It's like when people use the phone to call for help after causing an accident for speaking on the phone while driving.
wecantgetaway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By wecantgetaway
@Lunacyde: I've always wanted a cellphone assassin.
Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator
@wecantgetaway said:
" @Lunacyde: I've always wanted a cellphone assassin. "
I can only punch through computer screens...haven't perfected my skill from cell phones...they're a lot smaller....you'll have to lure them online for me to punch them.
Avatar image for the_hooded_hero
The Hooded Hero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By The Hooded Hero

Ok I'm on house arrest. I cant have anybody over and I cant go anywhere. So what do you think I do. I sit on my phone texting my gf all day. Yea, she lives with me but she still has a life too. So I talk to her while she is gone all day. I talk to my skating buddy and my video game buddy here and there. O yea and I talk to my mom alot. My bro here and there. 

Other than that. I love my phone even when I was free. Did I hang out when I was free still even when I had a phone. Yes, I did.

Heres the thing though I have had 12 cell phones. I have had 5 in the past year. Why is this you ask cuz I recently was a horrible drunk which is why when I get off this thing I am not drinking anymore, but while I was drunk I could never get my phone to stop going off. So it would eventually get piss me of and I would either smash it or throw it out the car window when I was driving. Would I remember doing this the next day NO. I would be at the damn U.S. Cellular buying a new 1 everytime the next day. They basically knew my name there.  

I've spent more than 1000 of dollars on the phones I have had. Cuz I dont have insurance on them.

wecantgetaway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By wecantgetaway
@Lunacyde: I can work with that.
Retro_Metro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Retro_Metro

I use my cheap one  to only tell time.

rogue_mar1e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#36  Edited By rogue_mar1e

yeaahhh it's possible to live without it . no big deal .

Avatar image for lord_oraculous016
lord_oraculous016

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

my cellphone is part of my daily life.. all my files are there, all my schedules and my most treasured photos and videos of the entire X-Men: TAS, Fantastic Four, Iron Man and Spider-Man Animated Series.. actually, i just bought a new one.. a Nokia N900.. very cool phone..

Avatar image for the_hooded_hero
The Hooded Hero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By The Hooded Hero

I can see both sides honestly. 

Like I don't see or understand why kids in middle school or elementary school should have cell phones. I agree that people are taking it way to far by texting and talking on the phone rather than face to face. Things are getting lost in between there. 

Then on the other hand I agree that some people need one cuz there life could be to busy for them to actually slow down and talk. Then I agree that people have alot of information. That they may need to use. That they have pictures and music on  there phone so that they can do other things while being entertained. For instants I skateboard. I like to listen to music while I skateboard. I think I skate better with a beat. I use my phone for that alot. 

So it has it's pros and cons.
iloverobots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#39  Edited By iloverobots

You can't blame phones for the way people use them.

N7_Normandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By N7_Normandy
@iloverobots said:
" You can't blame phones for the way people use them. "
then perhaps it's people I don't like
Aiden Cross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#41  Edited By Aiden Cross

I've shut mine off for now. Funny that when something happens everyone wants to talk to you, but when nothing special is going on people don't bother checking up on a person. Too little, too late.

Dracade102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: -1

#42  Edited By Dracade102

My Cellphone Has never Been touched Since I First used it... I Prefer email or Actually Talking to someone face-to-face. 

Also - I Want to Destroy Everyone Who Texts one another When they are RIGHT IN FRONT OF EACH OTHER.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#43  Edited By InnerVenom123

Used to think that........... until I got a cell phone.

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#44  Edited By Magian

I haven't used my cell phone since the early August.

Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Crom-Cruach

Don't hate cellphones. I hate how people use them and what they've done to society because people are idiots.

I mean cellphones have bred an entirely new type of douchebag. That's quite a feat.

N7_Normandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By N7_Normandy
@InnerVenom123 said:
"

Used to think that........... until I got a cell phone.

"
what's the appeal?  I rarely even touch my phone.  I only have one bc my parents made me.
Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

don't have one. just got a house phone again because i was forced to technically
for the first time in years, and its usually unplugged. i have gross anxiety and phone rings,
alarms, ect, make my heart race too fast.

MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By MKF30

@CATMANEXE said:

"don't have one. just got a house phone again because i was forced to technically for the first time in years, and its usually unplugged. i have gross anxiety and phone rings, alarms, ect, make my heart race too fast. "

They can be annoying at times but I definitely don't need one for a social life, but I like having them for emergencies. I hear ya on anxiety...I've had panic attacks at times where your heart races(I hate that feeling) and you have to breathe slowly, take a xanax lol. Anxiety is a bitch

CellphoneGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#50  Edited By CellphoneGirl

O_o Blasphemy! :P