I Don't thing Live-Action Super-Hero Movies Will Ever Work

Avatar image for u_r_sofa_king_we_todd_did
U R Sofa King We Todd Did

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

In my mind no matter how good a superhero movie is it never can really come close to instilling in me the same awe that a comic book can. I can see Superman lift an island of Kryptonite or Batman kick everyone in the room's a$s but it never really can compare to a comic. I've given it alot of thought and what it comes down to is its just to real. Comics are a place of escape, somewhere to leave the real world behind and fall into a sense of wonder and excitement and putting real people in to fill the slot of these comic heroes and heroines that defy all logic and do beyond the impossible is counterproductive. They don't look like heroes, they look like a teenager trying to redeem himself, a ninja billionaire who can't let go of the past, a space cop with a energy projection ring, or an alien with an advanced physiology who feels the need to help his adoptive planet. None of these ring as superheroes to me because they are just too real. I came to this realization after watching the Batman Arkham City cinematic trailer. That was the first time I have ever really felt that any form of entertainment has really captured who and what Batman is without making it over cartoony.

Larkin1388

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Larkin1388

I love live action Super Hero movies.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By joshmightbe

well they've been working pretty well so far

Tenchu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Tenchu

As long as they make money, they'll keep getting made. Most film makers don't care about the source material as long as it will attract audiences and make a profit.

Deadcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

#5  Edited By Deadcool

Comic is limited by the way you imagine the scene, and the movie is limited by the visual effects, obviusly it would not be as good as you can imagine the scene, the movies are always so limited, they try to make the movie realist, and good to all the audience, but there are different tastes, then satisfy all of them is impossible, that one of the reasons that the Comic version/Book version > Movie version...

difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By difficlus

@U R Sofa King We Todd Did: who is the teenager trying to redeem himself? if it was her i'd have thought cassandra cain but...who?

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By Magian

@difficlus said:

@U R Sofa King We Todd Did: who is the teenager trying to redeem himself? if it was her i'd have thought cassandra cain but...who?

I think he means Spider-Man with the whole Uncle Ben thing.

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8  Edited By Magian

I see your point and I agree that a lot of times superheroes are difficult to adapt in the big screen without making them look too cartoony or silly. But it really depends on the character. Characters with fantastic powers that travel to space etc are more difficult to adapt than characters like the Punisher.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ssejllenrad
@U R Sofa King We Todd Did: U R Sofa King We Todd Did!
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#10  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

Batman Begins and the Dark Knight would like a word with you.

Mr. Smiths

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Mr. Smiths

@Tenchu said:

As long as they make money, they'll keep getting made. Most film makers don't care about the source material as long as it will attract audiences and make a profit.

Agreed...comic book films make money these days so they will continue to make them.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By PowerHerc

I love the live-action movies and think that most of them have been pretty well done overall, but comics are better. By far.

Mattersuit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Mattersuit

Live-action super hero movies don't work?

Tell that to Batman, Superman, Spiderman, Hulk, Green Lantern, etc. etc. ad infinitum.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#14  Edited By Saren
@U R Sofa King We Todd Did said:

they look like a teenager trying to redeem himself

Sounds like Spider-Man to me. 

a ninja billionaire who can't let go of the past

......and this sounds exactly like Batman. 

a space cop with a energy projection ring, 

Green Lantern fits this description! 

or an alien with an advanced physiology who feels the need to help his adoptive planet

And this sounds just like Superman! 

Wait, are you complaining about the movies? Because it sounds like you're complaining about the characters.