i dont really understand Amon (MAJOR LEGEND OF KORRA SPOILERS)

MUTANT413

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By MUTANT413

so Amon is supposed to be all obsessed with equality and fairness right? that's like his whole gig 
but when Tarrlok is telling Korra the story, he said that Noahtak 'reveled in his newfound power' when there father taught them bloodbending
and Noahtak looked down on Tarrlok for being weak when he didnt want to abandon there mom 

i just dont really understand Amon/Noahtak and his motivation anymore. all these things about him just seem contradictory...

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By cattlebattle

I think he was taking/blocking bending because he saw the corruption it instilled in his father....his dads whole purpose was for his children to avenge him and kill the avatar, which he actually wound up trying to do anyways despite his falling out with his father.

I suppose he was sort of genuine in his beliefs of equality, at the same time he was just throwing his power around.

So....yeah, I guess you could say his whole point was contradictory

ARMIV2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ARMIV2

Its like his brain is a sack of cats or something.

Seriously though, if he does return (which I've got a gut feeling he will), I'll be really anxious as to what his nest move is.

mikethekiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By mikethekiller

I believe Amon is supposed to be insane.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@ARMIV2 said:

Seriously though, if he does return (which I've got a gut feeling he will), I'll be really anxious as to what his nest move is.

Amon is dead. @MUTANT413 said:

so Amon is supposed to be all obsessed with equality and fairness right? that's like his whole gig but when Tarrlok is telling Korra the story, he said that Noahtak 'reveled in his newfound power' when there father taught them bloodbendingand Noahtak looked down on Tarrlok for being weak when he didnt want to abandon there mom i just dont really understand Amon/Noahtak and his motivation anymore. all these things about him just seem contradictory...

Amon still believed in equality. He saw the power as a means to an end. Even though he felt one was weaker than him he still wanted equality for everyone. That's why he offered to take Tarrlok with him.

ARMIV2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ARMIV2

@Jnr6Lil said:

@ARMIV2 said:

Or is he..?

Avatar image for draketheslaughter
DraketheSlaughter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By DraketheSlaughter

He dead

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@ARMIV2 said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@ARMIV2 said:

Or is he..?

He's dead. No way he could've survived and even if he did not only is he reformed but the Equalist movement is dead.

Lance Uppercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By Lance Uppercut

@Jnr6Lil said:

@ARMIV2 said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@ARMIV2 said:

Or is he..?

He's dead. No way he could've survived and even if he did not only is he reformed but the Equalist movement is dead.

Eh. I'll take comic logic. Show me a body and I'll believe he's dead.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@Lance Uppercut said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@ARMIV2 said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@ARMIV2 said:

Or is he..?

No way he's living. Boat went in flames.

Phylos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By Phylos

@Jnr6Lil said:

@Lance Uppercut said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@ARMIV2 said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@ARMIV2 said:

Or is he..?

To be fair, he could of just saved himself via waterbending. I mean, they were on a boat.

Lance Uppercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By Lance Uppercut

@Phylos said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@Lance Uppercut said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@ARMIV2 said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@ARMIV2 said:

Or is he..?

To be fair, he could of just saved himself via waterbending. I mean, they were on a boat.

In the middle of the ocean. Which should go without saying. Because they were on a bloody boat.

vernierhawk001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By vernierhawk001

I, for one, hope he doesn't show up again. That would be super cartoon-contrived. I'm really hoping the next season will venture beyond Republic City and explore the way the rest of the world is post-Fire Nation domination. While the City added some great dynamics to the show, I think it almost....limited the bending somehow.

coolguyr99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#14  Edited By coolguyr99

@vernierhawk001: The creator said that the second season will be set half the time in Republic City and the other half in other parts of the world.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@Phylos said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@Lance Uppercut said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@ARMIV2 said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@ARMIV2 said:

Or is he..?

He still was blown up, before he would even sink.

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By AtPhantom

It's not like people in Avatar can shield themselves from explosions. Remember Zuko?

Aiden Cross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#17  Edited By Aiden Cross

I hope he's dead. It was a fitting ending, Tarlok doing his last act =)

spartan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By spartan92

Personally if i would of written the character, i would of

- Made him a non bender

- traveled the world to train to fight benders of the highest level.

- Also extremely adept in chi / chakra manipulation

- would have not revealed his face or just a glimps very briefly

- maybe make him Tarloks brother... if so he was jealous that tarlok was a bender and he wasn't so he ran away at young age.

- bring him back later in the series, still as a threat to team avatar maybe he could join up with a new villain.

I was pretty disapointed that he was a bender. It would have been fresh to have someone who couldn't bend but still be very dangerous to face in a fight.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#19  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

Tarrlok explained to Korra and Mako that Amon truely believed that bending, in all forms, was evil and thus set out to "purify" the world of this evil and make everyone equal.

This way of thinking was because of how horrible Amon and Tarrlok's father raised them when they were kids, forcing them to use their bending to oppress others. Amon started out as a normal and kind person, from what Tarrlok said, but because of his father that kindness began to slowly fade into hatred and when his father finally forced Amon and Tarrlok to Bloodbend each other, that appeared to be the last straw.

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By SandMan_
He was, in a way, trying to complete what his father tried to do.
Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@War Killer said:

Tarrlok explained to Korra and Mako that Amon truely believed that bending, in all forms, was evil and thus set out to "purify" the world of this evil and make everyone equal. This way of thinking was because of how horrible Amon and Tarrlok's father raised them when they were kids, forcing them to use their bending to oppress others. Amon started out as a normal and kind person, from what Tarrlok said, but because of his father that kindness began to slowly fade into hatred and when his father finally forced Amon and Tarrlok to Bloodbend each other, that appeared to be the last straw.

@spartan92 said:

- Made him a non bender

- maybe make him Tarloks brother... if so he was jealous that tarlok was a bender and he wasn't so he ran away at young age.

- bring him back later in the series, still as a threat to team avatar maybe he could join up with a new villain.

I was pretty disapointed that he was a bender. It would have been fresh to have someone who couldn't bend but still be very dangerous to face in a fight.

That would make Amon, unstoppable.

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#22  Edited By _Zombie_

I see it as he was carrying out his father's mission, but with a much.. wider purpose. He didn't just want the Avatar gone. He wanted all benders gone, because he saw bending as the source of all problems. The blood-bending was just a means to an end.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
@Jnr6Lil said:

@War Killer said:

Tarrlok explained to Korra and Mako that Amon truely believed that bending, in all forms, was evil and thus set out to "purify" the world of this evil and make everyone equal. This way of thinking was because of how horrible Amon and Tarrlok's father raised them when they were kids, forcing them to use their bending to oppress others. Amon started out as a normal and kind person, from what Tarrlok said, but because of his father that kindness began to slowly fade into hatred and when his father finally forced Amon and Tarrlok to Bloodbend each other, that appeared to be the last straw.

@spartan92 said:

- Made him a non bender

Why did you quote me? O_o
spartan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By spartan92

@Jnr6Lil said:

@War Killer said:

@spartan92 said:

- Made him a non bender

Thats how he potrayed for most of the show though, unstoppable. Plus i think he would of been so much cooler.

Iron_Turtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Iron_Turtle

I feel that they threw away all of Amon's character development with the finale.

When it was thought that he was a non bender who could take on some of Republic city's most accomplished benders, and fight through Tarrlok's bloodbending through sheer force of will. As well as being a great strategist and manipulator of public opinion. He was one of the few truly terrifying cartoon antagonists of recent years.

Some things they did well, but overall I found the finale to be a disappointment.

p.s. I didn't really care for Iroh. There's nothing that he did, that they couldn't have had Mako do.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@spartan92 said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@War Killer said:

@spartan92 said:

- Made him a non bender

Thats how he potrayed for most of the show though, unstoppable. Plus i think he would of been so much cooler.

If Amon wasn't found out to be a bender, he would've truly won.@War Killer said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@War Killer said:

@spartan92 said:

- Made him a non bender

Maybe you didn't see my reply.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
@Jnr6Lil said:

@War Killer said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@War Killer said:

@spartan92 said:

- Made him a non bender

Um, unless I'm overlooking something, your reply to spartan92 has nothing to do with anything I said... o_O

Nothing in my post goes into anything that would make Amon "unstoppable" but instead was simply explaining, mainly for the OP, from what I gathered while watching the show, why Amon did and acted the way he did.
Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@War Killer said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@War Killer said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@War Killer said:

@spartan92 said:

- Made him a non bender

Um, unless I'm overlooking something, your reply to spartan92 has nothing to do with anything I said... o_O Nothing in my post goes into anything that would make Amon "unstoppable" but instead was simply explaining, mainly for the OP, from what I gathered while watching the show, why Amon did and acted the way he did.

Oh I quoted your post because I was agreeing with you.