I don't hate religion, but this guy is beyond stupid.

• 82 results
OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By OmgOmgWtfWtf

Now, I am by no means a hater of religion, but this a whole new level of stupid. Even a person of my average intelligence can see the humongous flaws in this guy's thinking and argumentation.

His explanation of the Laws of Thermodynamics is wrong, specifically the second law revolving around entropy.

His explanation on scientific theory and evolution is asinine, and really spits in the face of logic.

His attempt to sound intelligent by making up the root word for Universe was also pretty sad.

But what is most particularly distressing is the fact this guy genuinely believes in what he is spouting and there are people out there who believe him as well.

So sad when people take allegorical stories literally...

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Wolverine008
No Caption Provided

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3  Edited By Erik
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Pfcoolio14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Pfcoolio14
No Caption Provided

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My question is why anyone should care what this guy has to say?

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This guy actually has a huge following on facebook and youtube. I mainly brought this up because he appeared on my facebook page and some people I know were actually agreeing with what he said.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Are you religious?

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Are you trying to bait?

Kal'smahboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Dude's an idiot, don't take it personally. He's too far gone.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pfcoolio14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Pfcoolio14
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eisenfauste:

No, that was never my intention. I have no problems with people's belief in God or his existence. It's when people read the Bible and take what is said within as literal truth and not some form of allegory, meant to teach a lesson.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Wolverine008

@omgomgwtfwtf: I just try not to pay silly people any mind. It's what they want at the end of the day.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

As a religous person, this dude is stupid.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Wolverine008

@farkam said:

@wolverine08 said:

@farkam: Yes.

No wonder you get so defensive when religion is criticized.

No Caption Provided

You're grasping for straws buddy. My initial post asked why anyone should care what this man had to say. I'm not bothered by religion being criticized, I see it every day. I just don't see the point in giving clowns like these attention. It's what they want.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

#19  Edited By SaintWildcard

@farkam said:

@wolverine08 said:

No Caption Provided

You're grasping for straws buddy. My initial post asked why anyone should care what this man had to say. I'm not bothered by religion being criticized, I see it every day. I just don't see the point in giving clowns like these attention. It's what they want.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@farkam said:

@wolverine08 said:

No Caption Provided

I'm not grasping at anything buddy. You do get noticeably defensive in religion related threads. If you want to deny that that's fine with me. Just my own observance.

No Caption Provided

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@farkam said:

@wolverine08 said:

@farkam said:

@wolverine08 said:

No Caption Provided

I'm not grasping at anything buddy. You do get noticeably defensive in religion related threads. If you want to deny that that's fine with me. Just my own observance.

No Caption Provided

So you follow me in religious threads now? And I'm not sure how you'd notice me getting defensive when I really visit religion based threads on off topic?(As evidence by my posting history) Your observance is just you poking at something that isn't there just to get reaction.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@farkam said:

@wolverine08 said:

@farkam said:

@wolverine08 said:

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

So you follow me in religious threads now? And I'm not sure how you'd notice me getting defensive when I really visit religion based threads on off topic?(As evidence by my posting history) Your observance is just you poking at something that isn't there just to get reaction.

Proving my point effortlessly.

No Caption Provided

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erik said:
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@farkam said:

@wolverine08 said:

@farkam said:

@wolverine08 said:

@farkam said:

@wolverine08 said:

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Proving my point effortlessly.

No Caption Provided

Not really.

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#26  Edited By comicace3

HAHAHHAH. no. Guys crazy. We gotta eliminate him.

L
L

O
O

L
L
No
No

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

Now, I am by no means a hater of religion, but this a whole new level of stupid. Even a person of my average intelligence can see the humongous flaws in this guy's thinking and argumentation.

His explanation of the Laws of Thermodynamics is wrong, specifically the second law revolving around entropy.

His explanation on scientific theory and evolution is asinine, and really spits in the face of logic.

His attempt to sound intelligent by making up the root word for Universe was also pretty sad.

But what is most particularly distressing is the fact this guy genuinely believes in what he is spouting and there are people out there who believe him as well.

In your view, what does the Second Law of Thermodynamics essentially say, if his statement about the Second Law of Thermodynamics is wrong? He's talking about the process of entropy; I studied thermodynamics, as well as a more advanced version called statistical thermodynamics.

iaconpoint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By iaconpoint

@wolverine08: settle down brah, you don't have to jump out the window every time someone posts stuff like this. Geez you've got that little gif on speed dial, but it's just irra-tainment. This douchier is posting from his vehicle, with his cap on backwards with faux indignation. No way is anyone with a mind of their own taking him seriously, but he's still fun to watch and laugh at, like the Three Stooges.

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By OmgOmgWtfWtf

@dshipp17:

After rereading what I wrote, I think I may have been misleading. The law of thermodynamics isn't incorrect, it's the guys interpretation of it in regards to evolution. He says it contradicts it because it goes from a "chaotic" state into an "orderly" state. However, he is disregarding the fact that Earth in itself is not an isolated system. He also ignores the fact that the second law applies to the entire system, and not necessarily to parts of said system. Just because one part of it is "orderly", doesn't mean the whole system is following suit.

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By dshipp17

@omgomgwtfwtf said:

@dshipp17:

After rereading what I wrote, I think I may have been misleading. The law of thermodynamics isn't incorrect, it's the guys interpretation of it in regards to evolution. He says it contradicts it because it goes from a "chaotic" state into an "orderly" state. However, he is disregarding the fact that Earth in itself is not an isolated system. He also ignores the fact that the second law applies to the entire system, and not necessarily to parts of said system. Just because one part of it is "orderly", doesn't mean the whole system is following suit.

I believe he said it goes from order to chaos, which would be entropy. We can both hear the video again, I think. When talking about order to chaos, I believe he was going from the Big Bang, more than the Earth itself, and speaking at the microscopic level, instead of the macroscopic level, as in the Earth as a whole; evolution does start at the microscopic to explaining stuff that we see at the macroscopic level; I believe he's saying that entropy would defeat the purpose of evolution, after so much time.

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dshipp17:

He said that evolution contradicted the second law because it went from a chaotic state into an orderly state. But he is disregarding the fact that the Earth is not an isolated system and just because part of the system is becoming more orderly, it doesn't mean that the system in its entirety is going in the same direction. The second law of thermodynamics says that the total entropy of a whole system must increase, not the entropy for every part of the system.

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By dshipp17

@omgomgwtfwtf said:

@dshipp17:

He said that evolution contradicted the second law because it went from a chaotic state into an orderly state. But he is disregarding the fact that the Earth is not an isolated system and just because part of the system is becoming more orderly, it doesn't mean that the system in its entirety is going in the same direction. The second law of thermodynamics says that the total entropy of a whole system must increase, not the entropy for every part of the system.

Oh, I see now; he's talking about the scattered molecules reaching an ordered state; I think what he's hinting at, is would you expect a bomb explosion to eventually yield orderly molecules, after a given period of time; entropy deals with the equilibrium of the system; what happens when you charge your cell phone battery too long on too many different occasions? Simply because he may have said something slightly out of place doesn't mean that he said something that was absurd, as your title would suggest. That approach just confuses people without a science background and makes them feel embolden about believing that Christianity has been somehow totally debunked by science, when the opposite is true, more that science starts to examine Christianity.

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Both atheists and theists have idiots, no group is exempt.

Avatar image for deactived-1352151
deactived-1352151

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is byfar the most ammusing thread I saw all week.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Stupid is as stupid does."

- Momma

Avatar image for supremehyperion
SupremeHyperion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

This dude's an idiot, but he is a good speaker, and people tend to attract to good speakers.

*So did "God" only create our Universe (What we consider it to be? can he prove that ours is the only one)? or does "God" do a lot of talking (meaning he doesn't just love us)? or are there other gods out there creating other Universes? hmm could end up being Polytheistic ideas.

Avatar image for deactivated-5faef67d08995
deactivated-5faef67d08995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

He is hurting his cause more than helping it, just because people are going to try to distance there self from him.

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By OmgOmgWtfWtf

@dshipp17:

My real problem with this guy is not his belief, but the fact that he's expounds it like it was the absolute truth. His entire argument is predicated upon multiple logical fallacies and incorrect information. For example, the etiology of the word universe plays no role in explaining the creation of the universe, nor is his explanation of the word's origin even true. He tried explaining that the origin of the word universe is uni+verse, which according to him meant "one spoken statement", and that somehow alluded to God creating the universe. However, his etiology is incorrect, the word universe is derived from the Latin word universus, which meant "all into one". The word universus could further be broken down into uni + versus, which meant literally "having turned into one".

I also had a problem with his evolution and tornado analogy. It falsely presented evolution as this seamless process, which somehow created something entirely out of nothing in an instant. I believe he compared it to a tornado entering a junkyard and creating a Lamborghini from the ensuing chaos. He completely ignored the process of natural selection, which is fundamental to evolution. To be frank his entire line of argumentation was wrought with ambiguity, personal incredulity, special pleading, strawman, and loaded questions. I do not have a problem with people who believe differently or have beliefs different from my own. However, I do have a problem when people spread false information around and proclaim it as the only truth out there, whether its science or religion.

I think everyone should have a healthy amount of skepticism when presented any information, but it is clear to me that this guy did no research on his part in regards to the subject matter.

Mr_Clockwork91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Mr_Clockwork91
algorhythm511

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Most of the Bible is supposed to be taken literally unless it is pretty obvious that it is symbolic. Most Creation "Scientists" mainly try to argue is the Book of Genesis specifically the first 5 chapters. The problem with Genesis (at least until you get to Abraham) is the it is pretty ambiguous and can be interpreted in a lot of different ways, but the accounts are not supposed to be fables.

For example, it states that God created the Earth in 6 days and the 7th day he rested. So does this mean the earth is ~6000 years old? Or maybe it means 7 days in God's time. It does say, I believe it is the Psalms, that a day to God is like a thousand years. So, a day passing to a being that is outside of space and time could be millions of years.

Not all Christians think the same. In fact, when the Creation Museum opened in Petersburg, KY. Some of the main protesters were pastor and laypeople from mainline congregations.

magnablue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#43  Edited By longbowhunter

Hey look, Dom DeLuise is being chauffeured around while he talks pseudo science. Neat!

swordmasterD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erik said:
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

@maccyd said:

Both atheists and theists have idiots, no group is exempt.

HAHAHHAH. no. Guys crazy. We gotta eliminate him.

L
L

O
O

L
L
No
No

As a religous person, this dude is stupid.

These, these and SO MUCH these!

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@farkam said:

@wolverine08 said:

@farkam said:

@wolverine08 said:

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

I speaking honestly brah, and tbh you do :P

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 the_stegman  Moderator

God created Evolution. BOOM everyone wins! :D

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points