I am the only who belives that Leonardo DiCaprio is overrated?

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By DeathpooltheT1000

I mean, watch Inception, the rest of the actors were better that him, not only the Oscar winners, i mean he was the worst actor in the movie.
I mean, i know he is good looking, but that dont make you a good or bad actor, i just feel that he cant do everything, like most of people belive, he is not the next Orson Welles, i am sure he is the next al pacino.

Avatar image for deactivated-asdf987sdf
deactivated-asdf987sdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i've never cared for him. his performances never stand out, imo. but he's still not as over rated at keanu reeves. 

agent9149

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By agent9149

he is not over rated...hes not underrated either hes just rated........

@ViciousCesar!: keanu reeves.....theres something wrong with him...i think hes devoid of emotions

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#4  Edited By Pokeysteve

For every movie trailer I see that has Leo speaking in some crap accent I punch a baby. It makes me feel better and it gives the children in Walmart something to actually cry about. 

sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By sexy_merc

I think he's a little overrated but he's still a good actor.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#6  Edited By Mercy_

@Pokeysteve His accent in Departed was spot on.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

I respectfully disagree with your assessment of Inception.I just recently saw the movie.I don't at all think Leo was the worst actor in the movie.IMO it sounds like you just don't like him.The good looking thing doesn't matter because appearance doesn't keep people from calling you on your sh#tty movies and subpar performances.Halle Berry was rated Sexiest woman alive in several different magazines but people won't hesitate to rag on her for Catwoman and her performance as Storm in X-men.Hell,some don't think she's a good actress at all...

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By PowerHerc

He is definitely overrated.
Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Pokeysteve
@The Dark Huntress: The accents are good but it's like jeez enough with them already. Hmm.......I think I might be biased here. Don't really like him. And since you mentioned it, how great was The Departed?! Some would say it was......mind blowing........see what I did =D
Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Mercy_
@Pokeysteve I've posted a rant about the accents in that movie before. Martin Sheen's sucked, so did Alec Baldwin's and Vera Farmiga would switch from accent to no accent in the same scene. Not EVERYBODY from Boston and it's suburbs have an accent. I've lived here my whole life and the only thin that gives me away is my overuse of the work wicked. It would have been better and more accurate if the actors who couldn't pull off the accent hadn't done one at all. That aside, it is one of my absolute favorite movies ever. LOL. Yes, I see what you did there.
Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Pokeysteve
@The Dark Huntress: Maybe they didn't want to hurt the actor's feelings. I normally can't deal with Boston people because that accent drives me wicked crazy but you are rather pleasant. All the "wickeds" in the world aren't as bad as people who describe things as "sic or sick". Oy I hate that. Where there any Boston in jokes I probably missed? I'm from Arizona........it's hot. 
Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Mercy_
@Pokeysteve: It would have made for a better quality of film and been worth it. xP Haha. Like I said, we're not all like that. Some of us have no accent at all and some just use terms like "wicked" that give us away. Awww. Thank you. xD Don't talk to Gambler, then. He does that a lot. ;) None that I can recall, although I'm sure there were a few. 
mrtrickster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By mrtrickster

no, he's not. I haven't watched inception yet but after he followed with scorsese he's acting pretty well.  
I like both his performances in the departed and shutter island. 
he might not be the next al pacino or robert de niro but he's pretty high up there.

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

Martin Scorsese doesn't think is overrated.
So, he isn't.
'nuff said.

jasraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By jasraj
He can't act 

Nuff said.
CATPANEXE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By CATPANEXE

I'm the odd one out. I think under rated. I think given the chance to stretch he could really do something great, instead he is too often type cast.
Man In the Iron Mask was a good display of how skilled he can be, showing him in a good and bad role simultaneously. I would love to see him
in a psychological villain role.

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#17  Edited By Magian

He is not a personal favorite but I think he is a good actor.

Chaos Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Chaos Prime

Imo Leo does all the roles put to him very well..
Fine actor that should be judged on his own skills & not judged against icons of the industry like Pacino or Paul Newman..

Zafros13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I recently saw a list that ranked DiCaprio as the 2nd greatest actor of all time. That seems like a stretch to me. His performance in The Revenant was great (he couldn’t use words so he had to convey a lot with his expressions and behaviors), but his other performances don’t stand out that much.

arctika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By arctika

I've aways felt the same way tbh, he's not a bad actor but wouldn't exactly say he's revolutionary but I feel like he's one of those people who just gets respect due to his name. Titanic IMO was the movie that put him on the "I'm a high tier elite celeb now" map so to speak. Prior to that you didn't really know much about him. His first movie was Critters 3...lol. As a horror fan I can tell you not exactly the most popular of the series. He's an above average actor but he's not on someone like say Al Pacino or Brad Dourif or Christopher Lee's level.

Avatar image for deactivated-6428e1ca5846d
deactivated-6428e1ca5846d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for sixpathsofcapra
SixPathsOfCapra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The fact that it took him almost 20 years to get an Oscar tells me that he is underrated

Avatar image for deactivated-64969837cbeff
deactivated-64969837cbeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Leo is rated very well at where he's at. He's one of the greatest actors of the last twenty five years (IMO).

LightorDark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Depends on who you ask because his key demographic is pretty specific. He is currently polling women 18-24.

batstroke2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

He is currently polling women 18-24.

Good. Let's keep it that way.

LightorDark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lightordark said:

One of the best jokes I’ve ever made, and it was swept over without a single laugh. Haha.

batstroke2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@batstroke2000 said:
@lightordark said:

One of the best jokes I’ve ever made, and it was swept over without a single laugh. Haha.

I was saying that it's a good thing that Leo is dating women 18-24. If it makes him happy I'm happy for him.

arctika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By arctika

Yeah and he dumps them once they hit 25 lol. I'm not a modern day feminist by any means but if I were a chick I'd avoid this dude like the plague...like dude you're not God's gift to women, sorry lol. Walks around like he's Aaron Judge or The Rock or something.

Whathappened

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arctika said:

Yeah and he dumps them once they hit 25 lol. I'm not a modern day feminist by any means but if I were a chick I'd avoid this dude like the plague...like dude you're not God's gift to women, sorry lol. Walks around like he's Aaron Judge or The Rock or something.

He has a way higher net worth than Aaron Judge lol you sound jealous! As long as he's a multi millionaire celebrity, he can get however many adult women he feels like. What you'd do hypothetically if you were somehow a woman is irrelevant to reality. Women like Leo and keep coming to him, and ain't nothing you can do about it 😂

You probably think Oprah is sexy asf just because she's strong independent and don't need no man 🤣🤣🤣

krisbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Nah, he's rightfully praised as one of the best of our generation.

arctika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By arctika
@whathappened said:
@arctika said:

He has a way higher net worth than Aaron Judge lol you sound jealous! As long as he's a multi millionaire celebrity, he can get however many adult women he feels like. What you'd do hypothetically if you were somehow a woman is irrelevant to reality. Women like Leo and keep coming to him, and ain't nothing you can do about it 😂

You probably think Oprah is sexy asf just because she's strong independent and don't need no man 🤣🤣🤣

Who cares about net worth? David Beckham's got a higher networth than Leo, your point? Judge is literally just hit the prime of his career he's only played 6 years yet less than less than 7 years he already busted records and is only the AL leader in HR that's much harder than an oscar btw, currently the highest paid Yankee and already a legend making 360 million for 9 years. Leo is a has been now who makes a movie every few years, past his prime and actors get paid per movie and that varies by movie. Leo's last movie was "Don't look up" which sucked btw.

Jealous? lmao of what? Being an overpaid, out of touch woke hollywood elite with a dad bod? HAHAHA you're funny but no. 😂Have you seen the women Leo's dumped? Not exactly ugly. Stating facts isn't jealousy. You sound triggered or perhaps you're a Leo fanboy huh? Pretty sure Judge is making way more money than Leo has the past 5 years easily not to mention taller, better looking and far more humble than Leo lol, more women would line up for Judge than Leo I'd wager. Leo was big in the 90's with the Titanic craze and every teenage chick at the time wanting him but that's in the past. I think you took what I said a little bit too literal kid, I'm saying hypothetically obviously not literally... no shit I'm a not a woman my point is the dude isn't anything special has a dad bod and is above average actor but notice he's been making more headlines lately dumping hot chicks at 25 over actually making movies? I don't really care to "do anything about it" I'm merely listing my opinion, you seem awfully triggered by it lol.

You'd be wrong then as I have never felt Opera was sexy af, how you came to that conclusion is beyond me. I don't really give a rats ass about Opera or most celebs for that matter who don't care about you, so why should we care about them? Isn't she married and promoting corrupt politicians these days? I don't keep track of what she does, like Leo she was big in the 90's now days not so much so I don't really care what she's doing tbh.🥱

Avatar image for theinsufferable
TheInsufferable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided