Wario88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Wario88

Which are more dangerous and why? 

A Hurricane (tropical cyclone)... is a storm system characterized by a low pressure center and numerous thunderstorms that produce strong winds and flooding rain. A tropical cyclone feeds on the heat released when moist air rises and the water vapor it contains condenses. They are fueled by a different heat mechanism than other cyclonic windstorms such as nor'easters, European windstorms, and polar lows, leading to their classification as "warm core" storm systems. While tropical cyclones can produce extremely powerful winds and torrential rain, they are also able to produce high waves and damaging storm surge. They develop over large bodies of warm water, and lose their strength if they move over land. Depending on their location and strength, tropical cyclones are referred to by other names, such as hurricane, typhoon, tropical storm, cyclonic storm, tropical depression and simply cyclone.

A Tornado is a violently rotating column of air which is in contact with both a cumulonimbus cloud or, in rare cases, a cumulus cloud base and the surface of the earth. Tornadoes come in many sizes but are typically in the form of a visible condensation funnel, whose narrow end touches the earth and is often encircled by a cloud of debris. Most tornadoes have wind speeds between 40 mph (64 km/h) and 110 mph (177 km/h), are approximately 250 feet (75 m) across, and travel a few miles (several kilometers) before dissipating.
HobGadling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By HobGadling

Technically, in this day and age, tornadoes are more dangerous because they don't give much notice that they're on their way.  Sorry if this offends anyone, but if you die in a hurricane in the United States, it's because you either didn't have a television or radio or don't use them, or you didn't want to live bad enough and valued other things more than your life, whether that be your job... whatever.  If you think you might die, you leave, even if you have to hitchhike.  There are a lot of excuses to use not to go, but if you're dead, you're the only one who's going to hear them.

Avatar image for majinblackheart
MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator

Hurricanes- they create storm surges and cover vast areas, plus they spawn tornadoes. I've never heard of a town or an island not existing anymore because of a tornado

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By King_Saturn
I think Hurricanes are more Dangerous... Tornadoes are very Devastating in terms of Damage but... Hurricanes are Massive in Damage and Devastation... Hurricane Katrina is just one example of that... but I live in Miami... and I have had brushes with Tornadoes and Hurricanes... Tornadoes cant compare to the damage of a Hurricane... its Insane
Avatar image for the_crimson_nutcase
The Crimson Nutcase

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

@King Saturn:

Lucky you in live in Miami, well i never been their so i may not like it...but it sounds nice!

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By King_Saturn
The Crimson Nutcase said:
@King Saturn: Lucky you in live in Miami, well i never been their so i may not like it...but it ... [more]
Miami is Great... Nice Beaches, Nice Stores, Nice Malls, Beautiful People... but the Weather Down Here Is Insane at Times
Wario88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Wario88

We can conclude that Hurricanes are more dangerous?

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By King_Saturn
@Wario88 said:
" We can conclude that Hurricanes are more dangerous? "
I am...
Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Vrakmul

You have to be blind and deaf to not be able to get enough warning to get away from a hurricane.  A tornado isn't so nice, they will appear out of nowhere, and are often invisible and will kill you dead on the spot.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#10  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

I live in Alabama and I'm afraid of Tornados

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By NightFang3

I say Hurricanes.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By King_Saturn
@Dreadnaught said:
" You have to be blind and deaf to not be able to get enough warning to get away from a hurricane.  A tornado isn't so nice, they will appear out of nowhere, and are often invisible and will kill you dead on the spot. "
There are Tornado Warnings though too that are given by the News as well... a Tornado can form out of nowhere... but the Level of Devastation is No Where near what a Hurricane can create...
Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Vrakmul

This thread has been hijacked it is now about demotivational posters.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@HobGadling said:
" Technically, in this day and age, tornadoes are more dangerous because they don't give much notice that they're on their way.  Sorry if this offends anyone, but if you die in a hurricane in the United States, it's because you either didn't have a television or radio or don't use them, or you didn't want to live bad enough and valued other things more than your life, whether that be your job... whatever.  If you think you might die, you leave, even if you have to hitchhike.  There are a lot of excuses to use not to go, but if you're dead, you're the only one who's going to hear them. "

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15  Edited By SUNMAN
@HobGadling said:
" Technically, in this day and age, tornadoes are more dangerous because they don't give much notice that they're on their way.  Sorry if this offends anyone, but if you die in a hurricane in the United States, it's because you either didn't have a television or radio or don't use them, or you didn't want to live bad enough and valued other things more than your life, whether that be your job... whatever.  If you think you might die, you leave, even if you have to hitchhike.  There are a lot of excuses to use not to go, but if you're dead, you're the only one who's going to hear them. "
I don't know if I would be as blatant about it, but I have to agree with this statement
stormlover1994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By stormlover1994

I live in Puerto Rico, and here have only been Hurricanes, but I think they are stronger than Tornadoes.

Aronmorales

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Aronmorales

Hurricane by reputation.

ARMIV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ARMIV

Hurricane.

Darkness Wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Darkness Wolf

Hurricane

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Vrakmul

Did you know that an atomic bomb can easily disperse even the mightiest of hurricanes?  Even Littleboy had enough power to utterly destroy hurricane katrina.

Avatar image for deactivated-64969837cbeff
deactivated-64969837cbeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been through a lot of hurricanes and a couple of tornadoes, but usually hurricanes are far more dangerous and destructive, although Tornadoes have a much higher sustained wind speed. Hurricanes are really massive in comparison to tornadoes and can last for several days or even weeks. Tornadoes usually only last for a few minutes before dissipating. Hurricanes are more versatile and can cause storm surge, deep floods, mighty rainfall totals, and destruction with its winds. The only advantage the tornado has is its superior wind speed and formation with lesser time to prep, but it's destruction is only confined to the strict path it takes. Tornadoes have even "hopped" and skipped certain houses while destroying others in the same path. Hurricanes can cause hundreds of billions of dollars in damage and can kill more people and livestock due to its overwhelmingly massive size, longevity, versatility, and tropical characteristics.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c9e122a6bc32
deactivated-5c9e122a6bc32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hurricanes.

Harvey dumped almost 20 trillion gallons of water in my home state. It flooded everything destroying everything.

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Hurricanes are more Dangerous... Tornadoes are very Devastating in terms of Damage but... Hurricanes are Massive in Damage and Devastation... Hurricane Katrina is just one example of that... but I live in Miami... and I have had brushes with Tornadoes and Hurricanes... Tornadoes cant compare to the damage of a Hurricane... its Insane

I'm guessing you aren't old enough to remember Hurricane Andrew?

KanyeCosby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hurricane’s are much larger and have a much greater impact over all. However, if I had to choose to be in one or the other, I would choose a hurricane.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Wolfrazer  Online

Hurricane's got better feats.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_saturn said:

I was about 6 or 7 years old and living in Tampa around the time of Hurricane Andrew. I have heard the horror stories from other Family Members though.

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heroup2112 said:
@king_saturn said:

I was about 6 or 7 years old and living in Tampa around the time of Hurricane Andrew. I have heard the horror stories from other Family Members though.

A lot of my family (Dad, step mom, two brothers, my grand parents, and uncle) lived in Miami at the time. I visited there the Christmas right after it happened, I barely recognized the place. A mango orchard that you could see part of at the end of our street was just GONE...all of the trees just gone.

Avatar image for eternaldarkfury
EternalDarkFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5da8e253e9df8
deactivated-5da8e253e9df8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#30 Lunacyde  Moderator

Hurricanes cause more damage over a wider area, tornadoes are more localized but more deadly within that small area.

Dr_Shenanigans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Having been through both multiple times I'd definitely say a tornado. A hurricane might flood your house but a tornado will rip it apart & scatter it all over town. During a hurricane you can still go outside & walk around in it at times.

Lilbroomstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#32  Edited By Lilbroomstick

Hurricane usually last longer and cover a larger radius.

Tornadoes are much smaller and short lived but pack a lot more power and basically destroy anything in their path

A hurricane is worse overall and can even have a tornado in it

Kinginrags

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hurricane stomps.

Lilbroomstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#34  Edited By Lilbroomstick

Tornado AP is far better, but it lacks the range and endurance to truly compete here. Not to mention Hurricanes can create Tornadoes.

Referee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like Tornadoes more

But Hurricanes are far more dangerous

Steve40L

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@referee said:

I like Tornadoes more

But Hurricanes are far more dangerous

Exactly what Referee said.

ArranVid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A hippo's fart has better feats.

ArranVid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Technically, in this day and age, tornadoes are more dangerous because they don't give much notice that they're on their way. Sorry if this offends anyone, but if you die in a hurricane in the United States, it's because you either didn't have a television or radio or don't use them, or you didn't want to live bad enough and valued other things more than your life, whether that be your job... whatever. If you think you might die, you leave, even if you have to hitchhike. There are a lot of excuses to use not to go, but if you're dead, you're the only one who's going to hear them.

I've been through a lot of hurricanes and a couple of tornadoes, but usually hurricanes are far more dangerous and destructive, although Tornadoes have a much higher sustained wind speed. Hurricanes are really massive in comparison to tornadoes and can last for several days or even weeks. Tornadoes usually only last for a few minutes before dissipating. Hurricanes are more versatile and can cause storm surge, deep floods, mighty rainfall totals, and destruction with its winds. The only advantage the tornado has is its superior wind speed and formation with lesser time to prep, but it's destruction is only confined to the strict path it takes. Tornadoes have even "hopped" and skipped certain houses while destroying others in the same path. Hurricanes can cause hundreds of billions of dollars in damage and can kill more people and livestock due to its overwhelmingly massive size, longevity, versatility, and tropical characteristics.

I agree with these comments.

Avatar image for sar_annihilator
SAR_Annihilator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By SAR_Annihilator

Hurricanes no doubt. However my experience with an F-2 Tornado back in 2008 in Texas was not a fun one though.

Avatar image for thespartanb345t
TheSpartanB345T

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tornadoes do more concentrated damage, hurricanes do more damage overall.

KaiThighJu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hurricanes/Typhoons are much more common in my country so I pick it