"Hurricane Sandy" and the curse of Cassandra

Paracelsus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Paracelsus

In ancient Greek mythology, Cassandra was a woman gifted by the Gods with the power of prophecy- but in a traditionally Greek twist, the very same Gods decreed that she should NEVER be believed before the fact.

Male though I am, I think I know how Cassandra felt- just before "Hurricane Sandy" hit New York City, I posted an article on Catholic Answers prayer section asking for prayers on behalf of those killed, injured and  made homeless by the storm- which of course happened- 38 Americans and Canadians and God knows how many Haitians and other natives of the Caribbean- I felt a bit sick for a while( STILL not out of the woods yet, but better than I was a week ago) Rationally I have NOTHING to be guilty over- I didn't kill those people or even WANT them to die, rationally SOMEBODY should die or be injured- it's the simple law of probabilities- but that doesn't make ME feel any better about these deaths. Still I mustn't complain- others like my friend Julia Millard, feel or seem to feel the burden of grief and guilt more heavily than I do or ever will.

Terry