humans virus or not?

starrk_coyote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By starrk_coyote

here is something i would love to have a well in deep Conversation about that simple Question,simple to ask harder then Diamonds to answer.

follow this video and tell me what you thinking about it:

so are humans a virus on this planet or not? if not why? if so why? give me you're best and yet most Desperate attempt at answering that question.

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

Lol. I heard of this theory last night when I was watching Joe Rogan on netflix.

Humans are the bacteria, the things that try to eat away at the bodies until it eventually loses the strength to keep fighting and decays (similar to our own bodies after we die).

Cities are like malignant growths. You can melt them with volcanoes, burn the with wildfires, drown them in tsunamis, crush them with earthquakes, or swallow them with sinkholes, but they always come back, each time grow larger and consuming more than before.

The human species is the illness. We waste resources with hopes of creating something meaningful but only successfully destroy everything in the process.

Avatar image for mrdecepticonleader
mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

No we aren't.

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

More like Parasites.

Beata

Avatar image for deactivated-627010180bd2d
deactivated-627010180bd2d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We're the new mother nature takin' over.

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

Very thought provoking question. I however have to answer but shall keep my eye out for ideas that are bound to pop up in the blog ^_^

Avatar image for the_caped_crusader
The_Caped_Crusader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yep. Humans are indeed a virus.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74
deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think there's two side to it. On one hand, it does seem like humans are a virus. If we were all to disappear tomorrow, earth and everything on it would be better off. All we do is consume and destroy. Other animals do this, but humans are superior in intellect and because of this we will never be satisfied or content. On the other hand, there are somethings in humans that make us very unique and give us so much potential to do good. Like our intelligence, hope, and ability of choice.

Smith: "Why do you fight Mr. Anderson? Is it because of love.......WHY WHY!?"

Neo: "Because I choose to."

Avatar image for deactivated-61bde0e570bb9
deactivated-61bde0e570bb9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Humans are unique in the fact that we are the only species on Earth that means to conciously improve themselves, and seeks companionship beyond reproduction.

cyberninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

Humans aren't virus, the matrix has brainwashed you and blinded you from the truth, take the red pill ASAP.

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Humans are not a virus. They do not make you sick.

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We're living organisms.

Penderor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Humans are not a virus. They do not make you sick.

Of course they do. Ask indians, beavers, leopards, monk seals and tons of other living beings. They arent really sick, they are dead. But if death is a sickness, then its suitable.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Not even close to being true.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

@silkyballfro94:

If we were all to disappear tomorrow, earth and everything on it would be better off.

Based on what exactly? Compared to how Earth was in the distant past, right now is a freaking Utopia. People who say humans causing animals to go extinct to be wrong, is looking at it from Homo Sapiens ethical perspective. The actual number of animals that live today only make up a measly 1% of the animals that has ever walked this planet - so animals going extinct is only a tragedy to us, but nature? Not so much. The only thing we can say is that we're speeding up the process, perhaps.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@silkyballfro94:

If we were all to disappear tomorrow, earth and everything on it would be better off.

Based on what exactly? Compared to how Earth was in the distant past, right now is a freaking Utopia. People who say humans causing animals to go extinct to be wrong, is looking at it from Homo Sapiens ethical perspective. The actual number of animals that live today only make up a measly 1% of the animals that has ever walked this planet - so animals going extinct is only a tragedy to us, but nature? Not so much. The only thing we can say is that we're speeding up the process, perhaps.

Technically, if we look at the rate of extinction, we are techincally in another mass exctinction, but I agree on your overall message.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dccomicsrule2011: Deforestation, forest fires, toxic and chemical waste/contamination, nuclear weapons/meltdowns/waste/contamination, landfills and landfills in the middle of oceans, oil spills, pollution, etc.

Yes animals going extinct is natural, but when you have people going to hunt them for their horns or tusks. And these animals are already on the endangered species list, then it just proves the point. I don't think the statement you quoted was that much of a stretch. Name some things humanity has given back to nature or earth in general.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

@silkyballfro94:

Deforestation, forest fires, toxic and chemical waste/contamination, nuclear weapons/meltdowns/waste/contamination, landfills & landfills in the middle of oceans, oil spills, pollution, etc.

None of this stuff debunks what I've said before, though. Earth has went through times in the past that made today's problem look like paradise. All of these things only hurts humans as a species, not the planet itself.

Yes animals going extinct is natural, but when you have people going to hunt them for their horns or tusks.

Animals eat other animals for sustenance - we're animals, so what's the difference exactly?

And these animals are already on the endangered species list, then it just proves the point.

So what? Animals have been going extinct millions of years before the of Homo Sapiens appearance - there was a time when something like 90% of all life was eradicated via mass extinction - so again, how is that actually hurting the Earth, when far worst things have happen before our species was anywhere near evolved?

Name some things humanity has given back to nature or earth in general.

I don't have to, as this has nothing to do with my post.

mr_ingenuity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 mr_ingenuity  Moderator

"The planet is fine the people are f--ked."

SuperDrummer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Viruses aren't living, so thats the first problem.

And do you know another animal that follows the same pattern?

Bunnies.

Seriously, they f*cked Australia's ecosystem. Look it up. We aren't unique in that we mess everything up, we are just unique in that we've had the most opportunity to.

legacy6364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By legacy6364

By definition yes.

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@silkyballfro94:

nd these animals are already on the endangered species list

Being on the endangered list is probably why people want to make baubles out of their corpses but killing animals for things other than survival contradicts the point, it doesn't prove it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dccomicsrule2011: How does earth's past have anything to do with this? The disasters and problems I listed are man-made and only apply to humans. I am pointing out that humans have damaged the environment like ecosystems, habitats, the air we breathe, etc. both temporarily and permanently. When I said the "earth and everything in it", I meant what I said in the last sentence (habitats, etc). For example, humans are responsible for nuclear power and the consequences that it brought. Nuclear meltdowns or landfills in the oceans would bot have happened a million years ago.

Animal extinction is not even a big talking point of this. It's just one out of the many on the list. Yes animals eat others for sustenance. The difference is we are at the top of the food chain and are more intelligent than any other animal. We know they're on the endangered species list, yet there's retards going out and hunting them because of their greed. We can't just go around hunting animals that are endangered. They're the last of their kind. You can't just turn a blind eye and say who cares animals have going extinct since forever. If you do that then you might as well say goodbye to a lot of animals. Like these: https://www.worldwildlife.org/species/directory?direction=desc&sort=extinction_status

Our species is now involved and we have the power to stop it. We're not mindless animals or desperate enough to resort to killing giant pandas, tigers, or chimpanzees for survival. The reason I asked for you to name some things that humanity has given back to nature or the planet is because I didn't think you could.

TheDandyMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

If you leave out other parts of the definition then I guess you could say humans are a virus. But they're the best virus that's ever existed.

Frocharocha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hardly. We only occupy 1% of Earth surface. We are just a species doing our best to survive out there.

magnablue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Yes

andr4132

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

@silkyballfro94:

How does earth's past have anything to do with this?

Because the problems that humans are causing are only hurting themselves in the long-run. There has been several disasters in Earth's history that puts what humans do to the ecosystem to shame. So what's the difference? With humans or without humans, life on Earth will face crisis - what humans do only speed up the process - but in the end of the results are the same. If anything, we actually have the power to save life as we know it from certain calamity's . There has been several natural disasters that have ravage the planets ecosystem, from massive volcano's, to meteoroids, one could argue what humans do is only natural. Chaos is inevitable.

The disasters and problems I listed are man-made and only apply to humans.

And only hurt humans. The Earth will still be spinning for billions of years and life will adapt, evolve, and flourish accordingly.

I am pointing out that humans have damaged the environment like ecosystems, habitats, the air we breathe, etc

So what? That stuff will happen with or without our presence. Humans are just rushing natural order, rushing the calamity, that will push life to the brink, only to get up at the count of 9, and do the dance all over again.

Animal extinction is not even a big talking point of this. It's just one out of the many on the list.

Well, why do you continue to go on about it?

Yes animals eat others for sustenance. The difference is we are at the top of the food chain and are more intelligent than any other animal.

As if it matters. The reason is different, but the conclusion is still the same.

We can't just go around hunting animals that are endangered. They're the last of their kind. You can't just turn a blind eye and say who cares animals have going extinct since forever. If you do that then you might as well say goodbye to a lot of animals. Our species is now involved and we have the power to stop it. We're not mindless animals or desperate enough to resort to killing giant pandas, tigers, or chimpanzees for survival.

Yes, it is sad, ethically, because that is the basis of our moral code. But from an objective standpoint, evolutionary - it isn't. It's only natural that animals go extinct and others move up the evolutionary ladder and takes their place. It's the reasons we Homo Sapiens are here from the start. Again, it's the natural order of the world - the universe - we live in.

We can agree to disagree if you like, because we obviously see things differently here.

Rouflex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Like i said in the past if i was Aquaman i would invade earth.

Pilasy:La Voix d'un homme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dccomicsrule2011: Yes let's agree to disagree, it'd be pointless to keep debating. I'm not sure if I made myself clear enough or we really do have very different ways of seeing things. Oh well.

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Interesting concept. I suppose we are a virus in a way.

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Philosophically, yes.