humanity

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Methos

just after a conversation with Walkingstone, i thought i'd open this up to the forums.

does anyone actually believe in the human race anymore?

what i mean is that, with everything that's happening in the world at the moment, what's happening to the human race in general.

it just seems that humanity, as it is at the moment, is just speeding on it's way to self destruction. people don't care about other people anymore, they just want to build up their own money and use people for their own ends.

does everyone else feel this way or is it just me feeling down?

M

Walkingstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Walkingstone

Bit of both maybe? There's still a lot of people that are selfless or just generally loving and caring. I think it's important to remember that sometimes when it just looks bleak

Ms. Invisible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Ms. Invisible

I am with you on this one methos. I can only say this based on the information in my school, so some of this might be a bit limited. In my school, there's an unbelievable amount of douchebags, dickheads, idiots, morons, you name it. In my year, I'd estimate that 95% of the people are actually approachable and will not look down on you if you are just that little bit different. The way I see it, I'm the "indie" in my school. Everyone dresses the same and they really have no brains. This may seem a bit pompous, but I get a lot of people come up to me and comment about my fashion sense, whether it be positive or negative. I dress accordingly to each occassion. Sometimes we have these days called "mufty day" and we can wear casual clothing rather than uniform. It's very strange, because I notice that most of the girls in our school wear skinny jeans. I wear skinny jeans, yet when I'm wearing it with a black band shirt, I'm goth? Right now, I'm showing how narrow-minded and shallow the school is, because if they had bothered reading the shirt, it in fact says "Red Hot Chili Peppers". Please ring me if anyone had proof of the Chili Peppers are goth, I'd love to see that. And I also realise that many people think they are too good for whatever comes their way. I know a lot of people (not personally) that say they are not homophobic, yet in ancient history when were talking about Sulla, a man who ran Rome like a dictatorship. His doors "swung both ways" if you know what I mean. When my teacher mentioned this, everyone is the class went "EEWWWWWW" and when my teacher asked them "What's wrong with that?" one student went "I dunno. It's just wrong."

But I do agree with Walkingstone. There's always gotta be good and bad, so I do believe there are people who just want to spread love with care and affection, treating everyone as if he/she were their sons/daughters. An example of this are the Chili Peppers. Anthony Kiedis has been through many drug addictions, and he has been in and out of rehab many times. There, he learnt the power of prayer, where he prays for someone that he is not the best of friends with, but wishes them well. I think that kind of karma is great. He also had a friend, who had this leather jacket, and it was her favourite yet she still gave it to him. She said "Giving creates good energy." And Flea, when he was worried for Anthony and his drug addiction, he was never judgemental about it, he just was worried and cared. I think people like this are rare. I have yet to find someone who has the same outlooks as me, as I base them off the Chili Peppers.
Post Edited:2007-03-30 09:20:13

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Methos

i'm not sure myself about what the world heading to... just feels like it's just going to get worse and worse now...

M

Ms. Invisible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Ms. Invisible

methos says:

"i'm not sure myself about what the world heading to... just feels like it's just going to get worse and worse now...M"

Yep, that's the way I see it too. But I try not to let things like that bog me down. Evil has always gotta come with good and vice versa, and I think this has made me cynical. I love being cynical as the dumbasses in my school just look at me with blank faces because they don't understand that I'm mocking them.
Post Edited:2007-03-30 09:27:44

Avatar image for cosmic_sentinel
Cosmic Sentinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Cosmic Sentinel

I think it's partly because it's so easy to take good deeds for granted, but bad ones are hard to ignore. You don't hear about someone who goes to Africa to help sick children or dedicates themself to curing cancer, you are told about every terrorist attack or corperate scandal.

Walkingstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Walkingstone

Spiralling out of control. Perhaps but for me I'm gonna dig my heals in and do what I can to stop it from getting so crazy that we don't recognise it any more.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Methos

maybe sentinals right and we are just seeing the bad in people...

i just can't help but think that the world is getting worse though.

every night at work i see the same thing, people come down to get drunk, ignore their problems and then just lash out when it's kicking out time.

walking home, sometimes at 3 or 4 in the morning i see people fighting, mugging others and generally the worst i can think of people.

i've seen people shooting up cocane in the pub toilets, or trying to have a quick feel of the female barstaff. you kick the offenders out, bar them, and theres just more people who are willing to do the same thing... people just don't learn.

i'm just wondering, is this the future we are looking at now, where violence and hate are the only things people see in the world?

i seriously doubt i'm the only one thinking this, but if this is the world that's going to be our future, i really don't want anything to do with it.

M

Avatar image for fourpower__r_i_p_
Fourpower (R.I.P)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By Fourpower (R.I.P)

It's worse for me. I have to inherit the Earth your generation is turning into Hell.

I wonder that too-especially from people in my class. Global warming is frying the planet, people don't care about each other-it looks like we're spiraling. Our only option is to screw my generation even more, and my generation's solution will be to screw the next one.

Stupid humanity...

When I feel like that, I read a good book. I'm reading John Irving's A Prayer For Owen Meany right now.

Red L.A.M.P.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Red L.A.M.P.

I completely disagree about the world spiraling out of control. Or some people may say the world is getting worse than ever before, again I disagree. Cable news programming with all their pressure to grab with ratings with sensationalism -- instead of actual reporting -- may have us believe the world is worse than ever.

But this argument was also made during World War II and World War I... Vietnam. Or how about during the american participation in the slave trade, and then in the participation in segregation? I believe that despite the sensationalism and media fenzy that barage us ever day the world is a better place than it has ever been.

Oh and about what's going on the middle east... just look back into history when the Christian's lead crusades on the Muslims in Jerusalem. Talk about bloody and misguided religious nut jobs.

Avatar image for thee_arch_angel_micheal
Thee Arch Angel Micheal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sounds like you people are suffering from deppression. The world isnt spiraling out of control. The world always goes in cycle's, you think during WW2 people didnt think the world was gonna end? But were still here. Of course if you watch the news it seems like nothing but horrible things are happening, thats what sells.

With 50 different news channels on 24 hours a day they have to fill air with something. So every rape, murder, liquer store robbery, and crazy forign dictator makes the news.

Now we all run into asshole's its just a fact of life, especally in high school, I dont know if you can base the worlds demise off of what happens in school.

I'm sorry so many of you feel the way you do. But me, I'm looking out the window and the sun is shinning I just had a nice lunch, and now I get to mess around on the comic vine.

Thee Arch Angel Micheal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, I hear ya. But you cant solve all of the worlds problams. Look at Iraq, now why are they more important to save then the people in Darfor? Its the same thing happening over there, yet you barley hear about. I have to believe its becouse its Africa. But there's really nothing I can do.

So I vote, and pray our elected officals do a good job.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Methos

maybe suffering from depression, i've just been feeling weird for a few days... just feeling down and thought about the world... thinking about things like that always makes you more depressed than when you started.

M

Mind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Mind

I stopped beliving in elected officilas a long time ago... But that is me, living in Mexico.

Walkingstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Walkingstone

I have hope. If I didn't, I'd be going crazy.

Thee Arch Angel Micheal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We all need alittle hope and some good friends and family. And Of course the comicvine.

Walkingstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Walkingstone

Well see? I'm all set because I have good friends on the vine and my boyfriend so it's all good

Prodigal Son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#18  Edited By Prodigal Son

Hakuna Matata my friends and enemies. Hakuna Matata.

Walkingstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Walkingstone

Nicely put

Mighty Magneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Mighty Magneto

Sorry about pic but i must say humanity has lost its path.

Fourpower (R.I.P)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sometimes I come here because I'm sick of humanity. It's sad that most of my best friends, I've never seen face-to-face.

Walkingstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Walkingstone

Now that's a truth. It comes to something when the closest relationships we develop are with people we are never likely to meet. Admittedly I try to meet as many of my really close online friends as I can. It's partly why I'm going to Japan in two weeks. Then I'm off the Michigan hopefully

Fourpower (R.I.P)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anybody live in Florida?

Walkingstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Walkingstone

Gambler used to

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#25  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Panama City Beach FL.

Fourpower (R.I.P)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is that south or north?

Walkingstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Walkingstone

Hey! See? I talk about him and he appears. How good is that

Fourpower (R.I.P)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Buckshot can do that too.

Mighty Magneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Mighty Magneto

Not me I live in Texas

Avatar image for cosmic_sentinel
Cosmic Sentinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#30  Edited By Cosmic Sentinel

Fourpower says:

"Buckshot can do that too."

Buckshot is actually not real, he's a figment of your imagination.

Avatar image for fourpower_clone
Fourpower-Clone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Fourpower-Clone

I live in Canada.

Fourpower (R.I.P)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

O Canada, O Canada...

Thee Arch Angel Micheal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I live in Cali. Inglewood.

Fourpower (R.I.P)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hums "Californication"

Thee Arch Angel Micheal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

More like "Cali Luv" 2pac.

ThunderBlaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By ThunderBlaze

I live in PA curently....used to live in NYC.....

ANYWAY since this is the off tpic section I just wanted to say that it sux that i have to do a 5 min. oral report.........At least i get to pick what to do it on!

Avatar image for canadianwolverine
CanadianWolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For those who think the world is spiraling downwards, it is.

For those who think the world isn't spiraling downwards, it is not.

Do you know why both are true?

"The Butterfly Effect" or you may also be familiar with "Pay It Forward".

Studies, which I have lost the links to at the moment, into quantum physics have shown that the observer does in fact have an impact on reality.

So, my lay man impression from that is this, reality is what you and I make of it. If love is shown, love returns. If sin is shown, sin is returned.

So, you see that people in general suck? You realize that you can't help but admit you contribute to the suck? How do we possibly change?

Quote: 16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son,[f] that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son.[g] 19This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. 20Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. 21But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through God."

So, want a better world? Show love.

Walkingstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Walkingstone

It's Schrodringer who postulated that the act of observing an event changes the outcome of it.

Post Edited:2007-03-30 18:19:05

Fourpower (R.I.P)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CanadianWolverine says:

"For those who think the world is spiraling downwards, it is.For those who think the world isn't spiraling downwards, it is not.Do you know why both are true?"The Butterfly Effect" or you may also be familiar with "Pay It Forward".Studies, which I have lost the links to at the moment, into quantum physics have shown that the observer does in fact have an impact on reality.So, my lay man impression from that is this, reality is what you and I make of it. If love is shown, love returns. If sin is shown, sin is returned.So, you see that people in general suck? You realize that you can't help but admit you contribute to the suck? How do we possibly change?Quote: 16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son,[f] that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son.[g] 19This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. 20Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. 21But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through God."So, want a better world? Show love."

That's a good moral. We all should have a better attitude.

Postulated is a nice word.

Fourpower (R.I.P)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The central theme of Atlas Shrugged, by Ayn Rand is that the mind is a corollary to success in society-without it, it is pointless. The mind fuels competition, which elevates our world, making the ideals rise higher and higher. The perfect man is the one who shall earn his own living and not use his life for another man's.

See, I'm like that too, only with literature.

Walkingstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Walkingstone

Postulated is a very good word, it's one of my favourites. I spent waaaay too much time in academia, I'm now riddled with academic words and useless information. Like the speed of like is 3 times ten to the power of 8 metres per second

Walkingstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Walkingstone

This kid's a genius. Either that or he's really a professor of english lit ;) Just kidding. But I think my mum would be seriously jealous if she read that. She's trying to do an english degree right now and she has real issues with analysis like that

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#43  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Cosmic Sentinel says:

"Fourpower says:
"Buckshot can do that too."

Buckshot is actually not real, he's a figment of your imagination."

I'm sometimes afraid that's the case. If I'm not though, I live in Florida.

Avatar image for emperor_gonzo_noir
Emperor Gonzo Noir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

My faith in humanity is gone