Hulk's Top 5: Japanese franchises that should get American reboots.

TheHulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Edited By TheHulk

Welcome to Hulk's Top 5. Some time ago, Hulk talked about American franchises that should be remade by Japan.

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/off-topic-5/hulk-s-top-5-american-franchises-that-should-have--1535561/

Hulk actually have a sequel to that blog planned, but for now, Hulk am going to go the opposite route. Godzilla came out and Edge of Tomorrow came out, which was based on a Japanese manga. So, what other Japanese franchises should be made American? Let's find out.

5. Ultraman

No Caption Provided

Hulk have seen a few clips of Ultraman here and there. Most of the clips were of him fighting giant Kaiju. Well, Hulk thought, "Imagine how cool a big-budget interpretation of this would be?" Hulk think so. There was a rumor going around that there was going to be one with Will Smith playing Ultraman, but Hulk don't know what happened with that a few months later.

4. Mobile Suit Gundam

No Caption Provided

To tell you the truth, Hulk don't really know much about Gundam. Hulk know that it involves giant robots, but that's all Hulk know. But, it could have potential for a big-budget gripping storyline. You've seen some of the Call of Duty storylines. Imagine something like that, except with giant robots. Video-game wise, you'd get Titanfall. But, as a movie, you could get Gundam.

3. Attack on Titan

No Caption Provided

Hulk am not really the most hardcore fan of Attack on Titan. Hulk like it a bit, as Hulk have seen some clips here and there to do some research and stuff. Hulk wonder how American filmmakers would interpret and could they do justice to it. There actually is a live-action movie in the works in Japan, and it's supposed to be the most expensive Japanese film ever made.

2. Voltron

No Caption Provided

Now this would be an epic film. A story about 5 people who pilot robot lions that morph together to form on giant robot. Who wouldn't want to spend $10 to see that? A big-budget American adaptation of Voltron. The funny thing is, they actually were going to when Transformers came out. But, then something happened, Hulk don't know why it didn't. But, what are you going to do?

Finally, here we are. The one Japanese franchise Hulk want to see an American reboot of the most...

1. GIGANTOR!

No Caption Provided

Yeah, Hulk would LOVE to see this. Hulk really like Gigantor, or Tetsujin 28 as he is called in Japan. Hulk think that if done well, it could be a huge box-office success. It could even tap into people's childhoods, where some kids may have wished they could have a giant robot. There could be a lot of action, fun and thrills. Hulk would love to see an American big-budget version of Gigantor.

NOW HULK WANT TO HEAR FROM YOU!

What did you think of Hulk's list? Do you agree with some of the choices? Is there anything Hulk didn't add that you would?

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

ultraman already had an american version

http://ultra.wikia.com/wiki/Ultraman:_The_Adventure_Begins

http://ultra.wikia.com/wiki/Ultraman:_The_Ultimate_Hero

voltron as well

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voltron:_The_Third_Dimension

SpitfirePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Gigantor's shape and style always struck me as interesting and really memorable. I'm afraid Hollywood would change that, the way they did with 1998 Godzilla. I really hope not.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#3  Edited By Fallschirmjager

Hellsing would translate well to Hollywood given most/all of the characters aren't Japanese and it deals with subjects very well known to US audiences: vampires, religion, nazis, etc.

Too bad they're hell bent on messing up Akira and Ghost in the Shell instead.

TheHulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gigantor's shape and style always struck me as interesting and really memorable. I'm afraid Hollywood would change that, the way they did with 1998 Godzilla. I really hope not.

Hulk think that's why Hulk like him so much. He can even kick your butt without weapons. Just his fists.

TheHulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They are? Hulk never heard that.

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Fallschirmjager

@thehulk said:

@fallschirmjager said:

Yes. I'm pretty sure Akira is in development (like real development, not rumor development) and GitS is heavily rumored.

TheHulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thehulk said:

@fallschirmjager said:

Yes. I'm pretty sure Akira is in development (like real development, not rumor development) and GitS is heavily rumored.

The funny thing about Akira is Hulk heard about it and Hulk heard the title character gets very little screentime. So, Hulk sure it won't be that bad.

Please pray Gigantor's being done, too. Hulk want to see that.

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Fallschirmjager

@thehulk: Well...Akira isn't the main character. Its hard to explain unless you've seen it.

And if you haven't, go watch it!

TheHulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thehulk: Well...Akira isn't the main character. Its hard to explain unless you've seen it.

And if you haven't, go watch it!

Hulk will put it on Hulk's list of movies to watch.

Maddpanda531

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd love to see an American film studio tackle an Attack on Titan movie.

TheHulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd love to see an American film studio tackle an Attack on Titan movie.

Hulk would see it. It could be a fun action-adventure film.

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

Please no more Gundam. It's been done to death out in Japan and if it crossed over it would never end. Besides giant robots are just transformers that can't transform.

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@spitfirepanda said:

He reminds me of a Sonic or Megaman villain.

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Gigantor would be awesome to see.

And Gamera.

TheHulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gigantor would be awesome to see.

And Gamera.

Agreed.

TheHulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maccyd said:

@spitfirepanda said:

He reminds me of a Sonic or Megaman villain.

Hulk never thought of it that way.

Twentyfive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh man. A couple of years ago, Dynamite published an ongoing Voltron comic. It was so cool. It ran at the same time as, but independently of the Voltron Force show.

Hmm. Maybe that's why the comic is no longer being published.

Chibi_cute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think america is ready yet to make a gundam live action movie.. it has a complex storyline and not just about giant robots.. its shows the ugly side of war with teenage pilots.