Posted by TheHulk (835 posts) - - Show Bio

Welcome to Hulk's thoughts. Me am the Incredible Hulk. Hulk just recovered from a little stomach bug (hey, just because Hulk am super-strong and impervious to injury doesn't mean Hulk can't get sick). But, anyways.

News reports are saying Coca-Cola is planning to release a cola that is supposed to be better for you due to the fact that it uses more natural ingredients. The product is called Coca-Cola Life.

http://www.beveragedaily.com/R-D/Vita-Coca-Cola-anyone-Soda-giant-patents-vitamin-rich-fermentates

They hope that it'll cause a renassiance in soda sales because of people trying to be healthier, and drinking less soda, therefore earning them less profit. Coca-Cola life is reported to use "stevia". Hulk don't really know much about it, but Hulk know it either comes from a plant or is a plant.

Hulk don't know if it'll actually work, but Hulk am interested in seeing the idea of a "healthier" soda and seeing how it does in its promise and sales. Hulk see potential in it. Hulk know that it's actually already out in Argentina and is selling pretty well. If it ever gets released in the States, how it does here will be a mystery at the moment.

NOW HULK WANT TO HEAR FROM YOU!

What do you think of this idea Coke has? Do you think it'll work? Do you think it'll fail?

#1 Posted by GreatCaesarsGhost (3599 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it will fail. Odds are it will not taste as good, and if you're drinking cola that doesn't taste good in order to be healthy, you may as well drink something that's actually healthy.

We shall see though.

#2 Posted by Surkit (11603 posts) - - Show Bio

lol I like the delivery.

I don't think sugar is the make or break factor in healthiness. They need to just aim at creating a new carbonated drink from the ground up, or market their healthier drinks equal to Coke advertising.

#3 Edited by Black_Arrow (3997 posts) - - Show Bio

Well I went to Argentina and I tasted it. It is different from common Coca-Cola, tastes different.

#4 Edited by judasnixon (7244 posts) - - Show Bio

It's all Marketing. Just like how Coke fooled millions into thinking Vitaminwater was a health drink.....

#5 Posted by Dernman (15813 posts) - - Show Bio

I was borderline addicted to Coke when I was younger. :p Tasted different when I tried it again just recently. I honestly don't know why I was so into it. Maybe I'll try heroin Pepsi to see the difference. Anyway any change from what people are use to is going to be fighting an uphill battle. I do want to try it.

#6 Edited by TexasDingo (244 posts) - - Show Bio

Anybody remember this?

#7 Posted by TheMetalGearZero (1365 posts) - - Show Bio

Doesn't concern me very much, I don't take soft drinks.

#8 Posted by RogueShadow (12065 posts) - - Show Bio

Stevia is too similar to Ricin. Count me out.

#9 Posted by CyberWarrior (1604 posts) - - Show Bio
#10 Posted by TheHulk (835 posts) - - Show Bio

Same here. Hulk don't really drink soda that much. But, on occasion Hulk will have a can. But, Hulk can see potential in this if done correctly.

#11 Posted by TheMetalGearZero (1365 posts) - - Show Bio

@thehulk said:

@themetalgearzero said:

Same here. Hulk don't really drink soda that much. But, on occasion Hulk will have a can. But, Hulk can see potential in this if done correctly.

Hulk is speaking in the third person.

#12 Posted by those_eyes (8202 posts) - - Show Bio

@thehulk said:

@themetalgearzero said:

Stevia does not taste exactly like sugar even though it's sweet. I already have a feeling it wwon't taste the same so u doubt it will be as popular. Besides everyone willjust stick to diet coke if they have a problem with wanting to be healthier.

#13 Posted by TheHulk (835 posts) - - Show Bio

@thehulk said:

@themetalgearzero said:

No kidding, sherlock.

#14 Edited by TheMetalGearZero (1365 posts) - - Show Bio

@thehulk said:

@themetalgearzero said:

@thehulk said:

@themetalgearzero said:

No kidding, sherlock.

Yes; I read a lot of Sherlock.

#15 Posted by silkyballfro94 (2005 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol at the whole concept.

#16 Posted by TheHulk (835 posts) - - Show Bio
#17 Posted by Skit (2875 posts) - - Show Bio

Why drink soda in the first place if you care about the healthiness. Then again, If coke or people really cared about their health when it comes to soda, they wouldn't drink diet soda. Anyways this is just another coke thing that will probably fail, or it's gonna be like with their water(dasani).

#18 Edited by BiteMe-Fanboy (8107 posts) - - Show Bio

Eh, I'll still just buy a good ol' plain Coke.

#19 Posted by silkyballfro94 (2005 posts) - - Show Bio

@thehulk: Well Skit summed it up pretty good. But it's like saying an energy drink company like Monster will try to make their drinks "healthier." Soda is nothing but chemicals, they'll just add more to make up for whatever is missing. Why drink soda in the first place, if you want something healthy is the point.

#20 Posted by King Saturn (225186 posts) - - Show Bio

I would try it...

#21 Edited by Twentyfive (2845 posts) - - Show Bio

Anybody remember this?

RIGHT NOW!!

Sorry, I'm more a Dr. Pepper guy myself.

#22 Posted by JetiiMitra (8875 posts) - - Show Bio

I haven't really liked stevia products. I love stevia itself though, the plant. I'll probably give this a shot, though I doubt it'll actually be healthy. Just want to see how it tastes.

#23 Posted by Ms-Lola (4481 posts) - - Show Bio

@thehulk said:

@themetalgearzero said:

@thehulk said:

@themetalgearzero said:

No kidding, sherlock.

Damn, but this response made me laugh so hard.

#24 Posted by TheMetalGearZero (1365 posts) - - Show Bio

@thehulk said:

@themetalgearzero said:

@thehulk said:

@themetalgearzero said:

No kidding, sherlock.

Damn, but this response made me laugh so hard.

Likewise...