Posted by TheHulk (799 posts) - - Show Bio

Today, Hulk will be reviewing The Tom and Jerry Show, the new reboot of the beloved Tom and Jerry franchise. It's on Cartoon Network as of Wednesday, and initially, Hulk was on the fence of this because Hulk LOVE Tom and Jerry. It is one of Hulk's all-time favorite cartoons. But, it won Hulk over. Hulk thought it was good. What Hulk liked about it is that you can clearly see they were trying hard to capture the slapstick violence of the Tom and Jerry show without parents complaining, something Tom and Jerry Tales (in Hulk's opinion) failed to do. But this show does a good job at that. Hulk big complaints about past Tom and Jerry shows was that they kept not bringing back guns and explosions. Something that Tom and Jerry were filled with in the theatrical shorts. They keep trying to dumb it down for kids when kids can just watch the old shorts which are more entertaining. But, judging from the promos, they're bringing dynamite back which Hulk really liked. But, Hulk have yet to see guns.

While Hulk liked the show and Hulk liked that the slapstick was brought back this time around, with Tom trying to smash Jerry with several objects and Jerry outwitting Tom like in the old shows, Hulk's only complaint were the sound effects. The old show had hilarious sound effects, that a lot of them were loud and destructive. Well, the sound effects in the new show are not as loud and destructive. Hulk hope they fix that for future episodes, but other than that, Hulk say go check it out. It's great.

NOW HULK WANT TO HEAR FROM YOU!

DId you see the New Tom and Jerry Show? If so, did you like it? And you do you like better? Tom or Jerry?

#1 Posted by Yokergeist (12355 posts) - - Show Bio

I enjoyed the old Tom & Jerry show, but I'm afraid this new one will be almost a copy of the old one (minus the guns of course)

#2 Edited by TheHulk (799 posts) - - Show Bio

I enjoyed the old Tom & Jerry show, but I'm afraid this new one will be almost a copy of the old one (minus the guns of course)

Well, isn't that technically a good thing, though?

#3 Posted by Yokergeist (12355 posts) - - Show Bio

@thehulk:

No because if I wanted to watch Tom & Jerry, I would watch the old one.

#4 Posted by TheHulk (799 posts) - - Show Bio

@thehulk:

No because if I wanted to watch Tom & Jerry, I would watch the old one.

OK. True. But, Hulk don't think the new show is that bad. In fact, it's actually pretty good. Better than Tom and Jerry Tales, that's for sure.

#5 Posted by Yokergeist (12355 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Posted by Samimista (20686 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh! Had no idea there's a new Tom and Jerry show! Will give this a try. The animation looks very simplistic.

#7 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13011 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked it as well, now I just need to see what the new Scooby-Doo and Bugs Bunny cartoons are like.

#8 Posted by Darling_Luna (4064 posts) - - Show Bio

I've always found Tom and Jerry boring heh

#9 Posted by WarBlade539 (4564 posts) - - Show Bio

BLASPHEMY!!!

#10 Posted by TheHulk (799 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk am shocked to hear you say that.

#11 Posted by ThatGuyWithHeadPhones (10877 posts) - - Show Bio

Finally someone says it.

#12 Posted by TheHulk (799 posts) - - Show Bio

Also, Hulk forgot to mention another only criticism. This may sound wrong, but you know how in the old shorts from the 1940's, they would have this fat black lady that would always yell at Tom? Hulk wish they just brought her back rather than use the wife and husband they use in the show.

#13 Posted by dshipp17 (981 posts) - - Show Bio

#15 Posted by TheHulk (799 posts) - - Show Bio