Hulk Reviews: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2014) SPOILER WARNING!

TheHulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Edited By TheHulk
No Caption Provided

After a long time of anticipation and speculation, Hulk finally got to see Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, the reboot directed by Johnathan Liebsman, and Hulk have to say about it...Hulk really enjoyed it. It was nowhere near as bad as Hulk thought it was going to be. This movie was a big surprise for Hulk.

No Caption Provided

OK, Hulk am going to do a new system for reviews to try it out. Hulk am going to tell you the good, the bad, the ugly, and personal thoughts.

FIRST THE GOOD!

You can actually see the action in this movie. With the Transformers movies, a lot of the time it is hard to see who's fighting who because Bay keeps shaking the camera around. Here, Liebsman doesn't do that as much, so you can actually see, say, Leonardo fighting some Foot Clan soldiers. Plus, the scene where Splinter is fighting Shredder, that's very well shot. Speaking of Shredder, he is a freaking beast in this movie. Throughout a good portion of the movie, you can see him just destroying everyone. Hulk was surprised. Hulk not sure the 2012 Shredder could stand a chance against this guy.

Also, the acting on the turtles is actually pretty good. The voices of Leonardo, Raphael, Mikey, and Donatello, are all actually well-done. Megan Fox's acting actually even improved a bit, Hulk kind of noticed. Not that much, but a little bit. When she screams, it's somewhat believable.

Also, there was a part where Hulk actually did feel some legitimate emotion. It was just one part, but it happened. It was the part where Splinter's fighting Shredder, and Leonardo and the turtles go and try to help, and a door comes down next to them. Horrified, the turtles start yelling, "Dad! Dad! Dad!" Hulk felt something there. Splinter's kids are just watching him get absolutely destroyed by Shredder, and there was a little of emotion put into that scene.

NOW THE BAD!

There was a big plothole Hulk found when April O'Neil was talking to Whoopi Goldberg. Earlier, she took a picture of the turtles, but then they erased it, but she took another picture. April then goes to Whoopi Goldberg's house and tries to prove to her the existence of the turtles, and Goldberg fires her. Why didn't she just show her that second photo she found? They could've even worked around it and still moved along with the story like say Megan Fox shows Whoopi Goldberg the photo and Goldberg says, "Those are some impressive photoshop skills, Miss O'Neil. But that's not enough to convince me you are not crazy."

Also, Hulk felt the movie took itself a little too seriously in a movie where giant talking turtles do ninjitsu. Hulk know the original comics were super-serious and dark, but they were parodies of dark, violent comic books such as Ronin and Daredevil. Hulk feel it could've used a bit more humor.

NOW THE UGLY

Splinter's abusive nature towards the turtles. Hulk was actually kind of shocked by the way Splinter treated the turtles at the beginning of his appearance. He starts beating the crap out of them with his tail and then forces them to hang on their feet and do silly things and then interrogates Mikey using pizza. Hulk wasn't sure about that.

Also, Mikey being a pervert. Throughout the movie, Michaelangelo keep trying to hit on April and it kind of annoyed Hulk a bit. Hulk was thinking, "Somebody REALLY needs to neuter this turtle!"

The size of the turtles. Hulk don't have a problem with the size of the turtles here except there supposed to be teenagers. It makes Hulk wonder how big they will be when they become adults. New York would probably have to deal with 4 mini-Gameras stomping around.

PERSONAL THOUGHTS:

Hulk actually liked that Shredder spoke Japanese in this movie in the film. He still spoke English a lot, but there were a few moments where he spoke his native language, Japanese. In the comics and cartoons, Shredder never really spoke Japanese. He would almost always speak English. Here, it seems closer to a real Japanese ninja because he speaks Japanese.

So, overall, Hulk had a good time watching TMNT, and Hulk wasn't really expecting that at all. It succeeds in being what a Ninja Turtles movie should be: Fun.

NOW HULK WANT TO HEAR FROM YOU!

Did you see the new Ninja Turtles movie? What did you think?

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I still don't know if i should see it.

Beata

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Eh.

It's better than TMNT 3... So that's the good, I guess.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thehulk:I didn't mind splinter being so tough on them, simply because them getting caught = them being screwed for ever. And their punishment is also part of their training. If you talk back to your sensei of in this case straight up lie to his face then I would expect no less.

on a side note, they could have easily made Stacks Baxter stockman

I enjoy seeing the plot holes. They make me laugh.

such as:

I like how a rat with no connection to japan what so ever, took on the appearance,mannerisms and accent of a Japanese man. They also go around tagging the word family on things in Japanese? Why?

How did he know about shredder?

For someone who is one of shredders students he was absolutely useless. he couldn't fight or hold a gun...

why was the only person in the room with a gun, so hesitant to go near the defenseless duo

Avatar image for knightsofdarkness2
Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know if I should see this movie or not. Lol. I guess I might give it a try after I finish watching Guardians of the Galaxy.

And can someone tell me if this is better than Transformers 4 because I don't know which one I should watch.

Enemybird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

you might want to add a spoiler alert.

TheHulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know if I should see this movie or not. Lol. I guess I might give it a try after I finish watching Guardians of the Galaxy.

And can someone tell me if this is better than Transformers 4 because I don't know which one I should watch.

Depends on what you believe qualifies as better. If you are referring to in terms of how much emotion you feel, Ninja Turtles hands down, because of what Hulk explained above. Hulk never felt that emotion in Transformers, except for Ratchet getting slaughtered.

TheHulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk almost forgot to mention another "The Ugly".

The size of the turtles. Hulk don't have a problem with the size of the turtles here except there supposed to be teenagers. It makes Hulk wonder how big they will be when they become adults.

New York would probably have to deal with four mini-Gameras stomping around.