TheHulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Edited By TheHulk
No Caption Provided

Hulk know Hulk have kind of been slacking on the reviews lately, especially with Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, which Hulk thought was awesome. Well, now Hulk and the other Avengers are heading out on vacation soon and Hulk need to get some things accomplished on here as quickly as possible before Hulk head out on the big vacation.

So, this is Hulk's review for Guardians of the Galaxy in IMAX. How does it hold up?

No Caption Provided

It's freaking awesome. Hulk have such a good time with it. It was funny, action-packed and the characters had great chemistry, too. One thing Hulk really like about it that this and the Ninja Turtles movie that's coming out tomorrow are doing is the fact that...Let Hulk just say. Too many superhero movies these days, like the Amazing Spider-Man, The Dark Knight and a lot of others, are trying so hard to be dark, brooding, cynical, and generally depressing. Hulk am happy that Guardians and Ninja Turtles are choosing not to do that. Because when you got a talking gun-wielding raccoon in it, what other way can you go?

Actually, Hulk think Hulk ran into the raccoon while Hulk was grocery shopping. Anyways, back to the movie. It was awesome. Rocket Raccoon, as Hulk stated was Hulk's favorite character in the whole movie. Groot came extremely close, but sorry, Chris Pratt, Hulk know you are a good actor, but everyone in this movie, is playing second fiddle to this freaking talking animal right here.

Another person Hulk really enjoyed is Groot. The guy doesn't say anything else but, "I am Groot." But, he says it in different ways. Hulk think that catchphrase should become an Internet meme. Hulk am surprised it has not yet already. Hulk also really enjoyed Drax, and Hulk wasn't expecting him to be all that interesting, but he was. Because, he's like the straight-man of the group. Actually that would be Gamora, except she's the straight-woman. But, Drax is funny because he takes everything so literally.

Not only is Guardians of the Galaxy incredibly funny, it is also spectacular with its action sequences and it even has some genuine parts that make you feel emotion. Hulk not going to say what for those who have not seen it yet, but it's cool.

Overall, Hulk had a really good time at Guardians of the Galaxy.

NOW HULK WANT TO HEAR FROM YOU!

Did you see Guardians of the Galaxy? What did you think of it?

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

@thehulk I completely agree. I might actually argue that this is one of the top three greatest movies (right behind avnegers imo).

Jack_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Spoilers ahead.

I only have a few problems with the movie. The first is that Ronan was an incredibly boring character. He have any real backstory or motivation or anything, just that he really hates Xandar. The second is that the comedy seemed REALLY forced at the end, what with Quill doing his little dance to distract Ronan. It was out of place for this movie, even though it was meant to be lighthearted. It didn't come off as funny, just silly.

Other than these things? The movie was fantastic. Everything else, from the humor to the action to the characterization, was captured extremely well. It felt like watching a comic book. 10/10 would watch again.

Excellent review, Hulk!

TheHulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jack_ said:

Spoilers ahead.

I only have a few problems with the movie. The first is that Ronan was an incredibly boring character. He have any real backstory or motivation or anything, just that he really hates Xandar. The second is that the comedy seemed REALLY forced at the end, what with Quill doing his little dance to distract Ronan. It was out of place for this movie, even though it was meant to be lighthearted. It didn't come off as funny, just silly.

Other than these things? The movie was fantastic. Everything else, from the humor to the action to the characterization, was captured extremely well. It felt like watching a comic book. 10/10 would watch again.

Excellent review, Hulk!

Hulk can agree with that. Hulk once in a while forgot Ronan's name.

Also, Hulk can't believe Hulk didn't stay during the credits, because Hulk heard Howard the Duck made a cameo. Could that be a possible hint at a new Howard the Duck movie?

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Guardians of the Galaxy was an Incredibly Great Film... Marvel is putting the heat on DC to put out a quality film to compete with them in the Live Action Universe. There was only a few quarrels I have with GOTG.

1. Thanos was not Purple enough in the film.

2. There wasn't enough Thanos in the film. Even another 2 minute segment of the Mad Titan killing someone would have been Totally Epic. Plus it would have given us a taste of his Raw Power.

3. Howard the Duck at the End Credits... why not set us up for Adam Warlock ? We know dude is coming... give us a better end credit scene then another talking animal... especially a stupid ass one at that.

Avatar image for The_Deathstroker
The_Deathstroker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_saturn: Are "Incredibly Great Film," "Live Action," "Purple, "Totally Epic," and "Raw Power" references to something or titles/names of things?

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Dragonborn_CT

Guardians of the Galaxy was an Incredibly Great Film... Marvel is putting the heat on DC to put out a quality film to compete with them in the Live Action Universe. There was only a few quarrels I have with GOTG.

1. Thanos was not Purple enough in the film.

2. There wasn't enough Thanos in the film. Even another 2 minute segment of the Mad Titan killing someone would have been Totally Epic. Plus it would have given us a taste of his Raw Power.

3. Howard the Duck at the End Credits... why not set us up for Adam Warlock ? We know dude is coming... give us a better end credit scene then another talking animal... especially a stupid ass one at that.

I hear some people had glanced at Adam being a red-caped figure in one of the Collector's containers. I haven't noticed him yet, I was facepalming so hard at that scene to notice anything else.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 the_stegman  Moderator

Great film, my only problem was Ronan and Gamora.

DaredevilDD78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

excellent fun film

Avatar image for sesquipedalophobe
sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thehulk: Seth Green voiced Howard the Duck, so maybe. The film was pure entertainment.

TheHulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great film, my only problem was Ronan and Gamora.

What was wrong with Gamora?

@thehulk: Seth Green voiced Howard the Duck, so maybe. The film was pure entertainment.

Hulk would actually be interested in a new Howard the Duck movie. Considering Marvel's amazing track record so far, they could potentially put out a Howard the Duck movie actually worth watching.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 the_stegman  Moderator

@thehulk: She was boring to me, just the typical hot chick that kicks ass. She's no more interesting than a black Widow.

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loved it all around.

Beata

RetconCrisis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_saturn: Adam Warlock's cocoon was actually in the background of the end credit scene, and IIRC it was cracked/open.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

#14  Edited By MadeinBangladesh

I gotta watch it this weekend

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Remember when I said Godzilla was the most fun I had at a movie theater in two years?

Guardians was even more fun than that.

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

@thehulk: Wait a minute, so Hulk was that massive green guy at the supermarket? =O I think it was you who I ran into hehehe. I was the raccoon! ^__^

Love the review by the way! I saw it last night and loved Rocket and Groot as well. Especially when...Groot gave the little girl a flower. Just wanted to hug him. What a sweetheart.

Not gonna lie, I was a bit worried if the humor would be overused but I'm glad it wasn't. Was laughing so much when Peter was explaining slangs to Drax and at the end with the troll doll. XD

Looking forward to the sequel. =) May even be my favorite movie of the year.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_saturn: Adam Warlock's cocoon was actually in the background of the end credit scene, and IIRC it was cracked/open.

That's totally irrelevant as that makes it an Easter Egg and not a Focal Point for the Scene...

Avatar image for sesquipedalophobe
sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thehulk: Howard the Duck may not even get his own film, although he has more ties to various characters. Doctor Strange, for one.

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

It actually made me cry a lot :/

Mainly Groots death and Starlord reading the letter his mom wrote to him

Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hear some people had glanced at Adam being a red-caped figure in one of the Collector's containers. I haven't noticed him yet, I was facepalming so hard at that scene to notice anything else.

I have a feeling they did hint at Adam Warlock... especially concerning Starlord's mixed biology.

Skyfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Best Marvel movie since Avengers.

force_echo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

God this movie sucked so bad. Absolutely generic space opera 45, with more one dimensional boring characters than ever before, and stupid unfunny comedic relief to defuse tension that isn't even there! Leave it to Marvel Studios to have their "left field" movie turn out to be completely formulaic. I came into the theatre hoping to see something unique and charming, not the Avengers with worse dialogue and even more cardboard cutout villains.

What a disappointment. It wasn't even a fun popcorn movie for me because I couldn't get past the crushing predictability and completely boring as all hell characters and plot.