Hulk Rants: What went wrong with The Lone Ranger?

TheHulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Edited By TheHulk
No Caption Provided

The Lone Ranger. Why did it bomb? Hulk personally thought this had a lot of potential. Bringing back a classic American character for a new audience. And then people were saying it sucked, that it made no money. Well, it made a little bit of money. But, it barely made back its filming budget, but then the extra marketing budget made it flop hard.

Why did it suck? Hulk was actually geared up for this. Hulk know that The Lone Ranger isn't exactly the most relevant character to reboot, but Hulk saw that this could make some money if done right. But, it wasn't done right, it seems.

Hulk think that there's one big reason the movie bombed: No toys to sell. That's the way it is. People buy toys for their kids and a lot of the time that makes them want to see the movie. Had they sold more toys, then it could've done better, Hulk guess. It worked with GI Joe and Transformers, and even to a certain extent, Wreck-it Ralph. It couldn't have been because of the marketing. The marketing was actually pretty good.

Also, Hulk believe that it was a big mistake to make Tonto top billing. Hulk have nothing against Native Americans, but Tonto was always the sidekick to the Ranger. Hulk think that Armie Hammer should've had top billing, but still give Depp enough screen time. It's called "Lone Ranger" for a reason. Make it about The Ranger.

Hulk don't know. Hulk was going to see the movie, but after people were saying, "This movie totally sucked" or "One of the Worst movies of 2013", Hulk didn't really bother. Hulk was ashamed too, because the trailers made it look cool. But, that's what they're supposed to do.

No Caption Provided

Now, Hulk want to hear from you.

Why do you think The Lone Ranger flopped? What was wrong with it, in your opinion?

Avatar image for emequious_swerve
Emequious_Swerve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Eh, everyone's a critic. If it looks interesting to you, f*ck everyone else and see it.

I thought the film was pretty good actually. Not the best movie ever or anything like that. Good none the less.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They have Jack Sparrow as an Native American.

They Changed the plot.

They belive that something that works with pirates will work with cowboys.

High Budget and High Concept Westerns are always a failure.

Hammer and Depp had no chemsitry together.

Hammer was a terribly boring casting choice.

They belive a huge budget movie is going to be a hit no matter what.

Boring and lame action scenes.

Nothing happens until the last 5 seconds.

Boring character and even more boring villains.

CuddleBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

don't be ashamed hulk go see it

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I liked the Lone Ranger didnt love it will not see it over and over again but I did like it. My only complaint about it is that if felt too Pirates of The Caribbian like. When I saw who directed the film I was like "oh that makes sense"

TheHulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By TheHulk

don't be ashamed hulk go see it

Hulk will take it into consideration.

Superguy0009e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

It was fine, just too long and didn't focus on the Lone Ranger enough.

TheHulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was fine, just too long and didn't focus on the Lone Ranger enough.

Precisely one of Hulk's criticisms. The Ranger is the star, make it about him. It's like making a Godzilla movie and having it primarily focus on Mothra.

Yokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought it was decent.