Hulk Rants: Stop this "Nintendo is doomed" nonsense!

TheHulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Edited By TheHulk
No Caption Provided

Today, Hulk want to talk about a topic that is going on all over the Internet. We all know the Wii U is not a big seller. It sold around 5 or 6 million as of 2014 in over a year, Hulk believe. But the Xbox One and PS4 sold around 4 million in a few months. That's not good. BUT, everyone think Nintendo is going to die because of this. NO THEY'RE NOT! They're not going to go under just because ONE console flops. Whether it'll turn around from Nintendo's 2014 games is debatable at the moment, but Hulk think it's possible. It might help, it might not.

But, even if it doesn't, Nintendo is not going to die just because a single system flops. People are saying because of this, "They should go to tablet and phone gaming." That's a horrible idea. Tablet games are like a dollar. Selling Nintendo games at that price on a tablet WOULD kill them. Is that what you want. Hulk think that's a stupid idea.

Hulk think the only way Wii U will make a comeback is if they start advertising it at the same pace as Xbox One. Xbox One commercials are all over the place. Hulk can't get away from them. Hulk want Wii U commercials to do the same thing. It'll help them get more sales because more people will know about it and what it is.

Overall, while Wii U is flopping, it's not totally impossible for them to turn it around. The 3DS did it, but they need to work harder to make that same miracle happen to the Wii U. Nintendo is not going to go under just because one console flops of theirs. So, from now on, Hulk don't want to see another stupid "Nintendo is dead" article, or HULK SMASH!!!

No Caption Provided

Now Hulk want to hear from you!

Do you have a Wii U? Do you like it? If not, do you want one?

DoomGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Nintendo isn't going anywhere.

While the Wii U might not have been a success as of now, the 3DS has totally being a success and Nintendo will always be banking as long as they own Mario, Zelda, Metroid, etc..

Wii U just screwed up for launching the system with mediocre launch titles, and Nintendo really does need to start appealing more to the adult crowd.

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't be the only one amused by the fact that the topic is a request to stop talking about Nintendo being 'doomed'... And the first dude who posts is called 'DoomGuy'.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's quite simple why people keep saying it:

They want them to fail.

LyraFay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 12

@xwraith said:

It's quite simple why people keep saying it:

They want them to fail.

We could also apply this to Batman vs Superman/Trinity as well. Sorry but its true as the Nintendo comments.

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I generally distrust the gaming industry knowledge of anyone who says that.

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Jonez_

Actually, Sony is worth less than Nintendo.

It has also been predicted that Sony will probably go bankrupt within a few years.

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fun fact of the day: The Wii U has made more profit than both Xbox 360 and PS3 combined! This is because Nintendo are the only company to not sell their consoles at a lose/blade & razor business model.

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Lets wait another year for the Wii U, better games are supposed to be coming out which will change opinions.

DoomGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By DoomGuy

@jonsmith said:

I can't be the only one amused by the fact that the topic is a request to stop talking about Nintendo being 'doomed'... And the first dude who posts is called 'DoomGuy'.

Didn't notice that. Touche, sir.

Onemoreposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Onemoreposter

@jonsmith said:

Ha, you are not.

Zokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Zokergeist

I've never been a big Nintendo fan.

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Even if Nintendo were to fail the console market they could always go third-party and make a butt load of cash doing that. I know of a lot of people that like their first party games but don't want to buy their consoles (partially me included).

TheHulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lets wait another year for the Wii U, better games are supposed to be coming out which will change opinions.

Hope it'll get people to by the dang thing. Hulk sick of all these doomed comments.

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@thehulk said:

@norrinboltagonprime21 said:

Hope it'll get people to by the dang thing. Hulk sick of all these doomed comments.

With a new Zelda, Mario Kart, and Super Smash bros game coming out this year, that's definitely going to boost sales. There are probably other games that I don't remember right now, but with more games coming, sales will increase because people will have something to play.

KingOfAsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fire Emblem suggests that Nintendo is far from dead.

TheHulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By TheHulk

@doomguy said:

Nintendo isn't going anywhere.

While the Wii U might not have been a success as of now, the 3DS has totally being a success and Nintendo will always be banking as long as they own Mario, Zelda, Metroid, etc..

Wii U just screwed up for launching the system with mediocre launch titles, and Nintendo really does need to start appealing more to the adult crowd.

Hulk can agree with that. Why don't they make a Mario game that you can play online multiplayer on. Maybe engage in Mario battles or something.

Because online is all the rage these days.

Avatar image for deactived-1352151
deactived-1352151

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thehulk: Wow you actually brung this thread back omg....

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nintendo isn't going to die out or anything but they are very weak and aren't doing good at all. One failed system wont put them down forever but it does hurt them and will until they make a new system. I heard someone say that nintendo is good at making the types of games that just aren't popular right now. They have to change something soon if they want to do better.

Companies don't even bother to make most games for Wii u anymore. Pretty soon Wii u is gonna be stuck with Mario games

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Wolfrazer

Nintendo should go back to their roots and make good, sturdy GAMING consoles. With good wired controllers that will last, my N64 still runs great to this day...that is what they need to go back to and make games..JUST GAMES for a gaming console. None of this TV/IM chat/Whatever you wanna call it on a gaming console, because then it's not a gaming console anymore...it's just an entertainment system.

Make a good gaming console that focuses on games and that is when people will buy.

frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By frogdog

Even if Nintendo were to fail the console market they could always go third-party and make a butt load of cash doing that. I know of a lot of people that like their first party games but don't want to buy their consoles (partially me included).

Many of the nintendo games would suffer greatly in terms of quality if this ever happened.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

Avatar image for deactived-1352151
deactived-1352151

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squares: Shut up lol i put you in my female viner thread ^_^

Avatar image for thecheesestabber
TheCheeseStabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#23  Edited By TheCheeseStabber
Loading Video...

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frogdog: I really don't think so. Why would you say that? Because they aren't getting the money from their consoles or they aren't being produced on their consoles that they thought up?

frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@feartheliving: Aside from the wii U, Nintendo mainly gets their profits from consoles and gameboys.

Not to mention there hasn't been a switch from first part to third party that actually helped a video game company.

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ps 4life

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

@epictayman: It's a blog, he can do what the hell he wants with it.

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frogdog: They could just drop consoles and stay handheld, and I don't recall a company with Nintendo's titles that went 3rd party aside from Sega. I think Nintendo would do just fine if they went third-party they'd get people who normally don't buy their consoles money as well.

frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By frogdog

@frogdog: They could just drop consoles and stay handheld, and I don't recall a company with Nintendo's titles that went 3rd party aside from Sega. I think Nintendo would do just fine if they went third-party they'd get people who normally don't buy their consoles money as well.

Aside from pokemon, nintendo's highest selling games come from their consoles, it wouldn't be smart to focus on handheld.

Atari, Neo Geo & Sega all the three listed never benfitted from going third party, hell sega had to bought by sammy to escape bankruupcy. That's not even accounting that many of these companies make less games in comparsion to their first party days.

Those people are an minorty not worth chasing in comparsion to loyal fanbase, nintendo has made over the years, not to mention that during changes from first to third party, major employees tend to leave which uselly results in long term franchises dropping in quality.

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By FearTheLiving
@frogdog said:

@feartheliving said:

Aside from pokemon, nintendo's highest selling games come from their consoles, it wouldn't be smart to focus on handheld.

Atari, Neo Geo & Sega all the three listed never benfitted from going third party, hell sega had to bought by sammy to escape bankruupcy. That's not even accounting that many of these companies make less games in comparsion to their first party days.

Those people are an minorty not worth chasing in comparsion to loyal fanbase, nintendo has made over the years, not to mention that during changes from first to third party, major employees tend to leave which uselly results in long term franchises dropping in quality.

Well yeah aside from Pokemon their other games are pretty much only on consoles. That's like saying I release Jumper 5000 only on the N46 should I be surprised it sells more on the N46? As for the companies you mentioned non of them have the type of first party games that Nintendo has through their own company, nor was gaming as popular/main stream as it is now.

I'm not saying it a sure thing or anything, but I think you're giving Nintendo less credit than it deserves.

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@feartheliving: You mean besides Animal Crossing, Toon Zelda, Fire Emblem, Advance Wars, Kid Icarus and Kirby, Nintendo have no franchises on their portables?

Orician_Seis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nintendo isn't going anywhere. Their company value is almost 20 billion. They dwarf Sony and Microsoft in that division. The only reason Sony and Microsoft can boast higher numbers is because they do more than gaming. The 3DS alone can carry the company. They've made poor choices yes, but they are by no means suffering. I think upcoming Zelda and especially the new Smash Bros can turn it around. Nintendo offers what the others can't. Exclusives. The best First Party support for a console ever. They don't need online gaming, the social aspect. They are personally my favorite company. The WiiU is my favorite console. If it fails, they will just try again. They have nothing to worry about.

frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frogdog said:

@feartheliving said:

Well yeah aside from Pokemon their other games are pretty much only on consoles. That's like saying I release Jumper 5000 only on the N46 should I be surprised it sells more on the N46? As for the companies you mentioned non of them have the type of first party games that Nintendo has through their own company, nor was gaming as popular/main stream as it is now.

I'm not saying it a sure thing or anything, but I think you're giving Nintendo less credit than it deserves.

Mario, Zelda, Metroid & donkey kong all have handheld games. Sonic was a system seller for sega, and still pushes over a million in sales with comparsion to other platforming games that aren't nintendo games. Not to mention they are still vaild exampes of turning third party being bad for company, even if your xbox or playstation.

I'm not the person asking for nintendo to throw the towel for consoles, just because of one console blunder.

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By FearTheLiving

@maccyd: @frogdog: To be fair I'm not up on mobile gaming aside from Pokemon back in the day I pretty much ignored them. I was also referring more to their main titles which are on their console and only their console it isn't like they are competing with their handheld. And I never said for Nintendo (as in I wanted them to or should) to throw in the towel for consoles don't put words in my mouth. Also is Sonic really the best example? I mean aside from pimping him out he has had some of the worst games made.

All I'm saying is if there were a company to go third party and be successful at it, it would be Nintendo. I mean you two already named a bunch of IPs they own those IPs can profit with or without a Nintendo console.

frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maccyd: @frogdog: To be fair I'm not up on mobile gaming aside from Pokemon back in the day I pretty much ignored them. I was also referring more to their main titles which are on their console and only their console it isn't like they are competing with their handheld. And I never said for Nintendo (as in I wanted them to or should) to throw in the towel for consoles don't put words in my mouth. Also is Sonic really the best example? I mean aside from pimping him out he has had some of the worst games made.

All I'm saying is if there were a company to go third party and be successful at it, it would be Nintendo. I mean you two already named a bunch of IPs they own those IPs can profit with or without a Nintendo console.

New super mario bros started on ds, then got a console versions, starfox 64, mario 64 and ocarina of time got ported to the 3ds. Asking any first party gaming company to go third party, is like asking a heavy weight boxer to go crusierweight. Could you name another big mascot for gaming that went from first party to third party and still sells alot? Hell can you even name a gaming company that benfited from switching first party to third?

What your suggestion would only mean the nintendo would sell nothing but Mario & Zelda, because without their first party funding, they can't risk trying to make other second party games like metriod because that series doesn't sell well.

I'm merly pointing out that go third party has to many risks in the long term, and would damage their sales.

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frogdog: I I'm saying I just don't see it, if they are already putting out those games as a first party company they should also be able to do it on third party where they should theoretically have a bigger pool to pull from. And again I'm not suggesting anything I said if Nintendo ever did fail at the console market they could always go third party I don't understand why you think I'm saying Nintendo should just drop what they're doing now and go third party.

Avatar image for SuperStar_sketcher
SuperStar_sketcher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i agree hulk

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Vaeternus

Yeah dude I wouldn't put much effort into it, people are going to hate. The WIi U has a slow start like PS3 did, big deal but it's still not as bad as people make it out to be and Nintendo still owns everyone in the portable market lol so they're not going anywhere.