#1 Posted by johnmarson88 (5 posts) - - Show Bio

Hello everyone,

Let's start a discussion about Anti-Gay Marriage Protest.

Tens of thousands of people have rallied in Paris against a new French law allowing same-sex marriage. Police estimate that up to 150,000 people joined marches that converged on the city centre, but organisers put the figure close to one million.

Read more: http://www.carbonated.tv/news/huge-antigay-marriage-protest-march-in-paris

#2 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29331 posts) - - Show Bio

It's stupid.

If you wish you were there so you could help, there's a very high probability that you are stupid.

/thread

#3 Posted by laflux (11074 posts) - - Show Bio

It's stupid.

If you wish you were there so you could help, you are stupid.

/thread

Fixed.

Now /thread.

#4 Edited by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio

Least they are not actively killing LGBT & HIVpositive folks like in Uganda :)

its an improvement

#5 Edited by cattlebattle (12275 posts) - - Show Bio

#6 Posted by Teerack (4549 posts) - - Show Bio

For some reason I thought Paris was smarted then that.

#7 Posted by BumpyBoo (7215 posts) - - Show Bio

It amazes me the effort some folk will put into denying others their freedom. They should be ashamed of themselves.

#8 Edited by SC (11960 posts) - - Show Bio

I had a party in the weekend, police estimated 3 people, a pig and 5 drunk mannequins converged at my house but me the organizer put numbers closer to 4 billion, with 3.9 billion of those people really really really cool people and hot smoking hot bad for your lungs hot super models. Riding tigers! Wait a minute this thread seems familiar...

#9 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (16870 posts) - - Show Bio

@sc said:

I had a party in the weekend, police estimated 3 people, a pig and 5 drunk mannequins converged at my house but me the organizer put numbers closer to 4 billion, with 3.9 billion of those people really really really cool people and hot smoking hot bad for your lungs hot super models. Riding tigers! Wait a minute this thread seems familiar...

lol it does?

@bumpyboo said:

It amazes me the effort some folk will put into denying others their freedom. They should be ashamed of themselves.

The really sad thing is they aren't they are probably actually happy/proud about it. Not sure which is worse in that case.

#10 Posted by dccomicsrule2011 (21279 posts) - - Show Bio

Before I go on a anti Anti-Gay rant I'm just going to step out of this thread,but just to make a long story short,stupidity and ignorance is mankind biggest enemy.

#11 Edited by King Saturn (222808 posts) - - Show Bio

It's ignorant people... what else can be said ?

#12 Edited by lykopis (10756 posts) - - Show Bio

What makes this even more shaming for the French people is that these rallies have been encouraged and participated in by political leaders. It is law -- LAW -- there is no crying foul after the fact -- this only serves to encourage horrific acts like the suicide committed on the altar of Notre Dame days before by the most famous opponent to same sex marriage and adoption rights in that country. Tens of thousands -- give me a break -- more than half of the country's population agreed with the laws implemented and three quarters are demanding an end to these orchestrated "rallies" by the opposition national party which is only to grab young voters into voting for them at the next election.

The hyperbole is pathetic -- in the name of Catholicism, they denounce same sex marriage in a country which has risen from the ashes centuries ago in the pursuit of secular government. They celebrate the suicide of someone who was celebrated for his actions for his country in war (in arguably the most famous cathedral in the world) and still claim they are right? Guess who is in hell based on their own doctrines?

I can't wait for the first marriage between gay partners on Wednesday in that country. Celebration is all people should be focused on - that's what I will be.

Vive la France!

#14 Edited by consolemaster001 (4477 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis: correction, VIVA LE NEW ALGERIA !!

#15 Posted by w0nd (2027 posts) - - Show Bio

I have yet to see a divorce protest lol. I mean most of these peoples defense comes from the bible, so why not jump at the chance to protest all the people who are divorcing after a year of marriage, instead of the gay people who have been together for 10+ years that want to get married

#16 Posted by lykopis (10756 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis: correction, VIVA LE NEW ALGERIA !!

Another hot topic there. Some would agree with that, for sure.

#17 Edited by charlieboy (7136 posts) - - Show Bio

I have trying to be forgiving of these people. They hate and fear what is different from them. Which is kinda cool because it makes me an X-man! In all seriousness, while I disagree with them they do have a right to their protests. I am sure gay marriage will be legal in most places during my lifetime. We just have to remember that we , as members and friends of the gay community, have to teach tolerance and show that we are just people too. Reacting back in hate is not the answer. This is a conclusion I have just recently come to and am trying to work on. Much love,everyone.

#18 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (16870 posts) - - Show Bio

I have trying to be forgiving of these people. They hate and fear what is different from them. Which is kinda cool because it makes me an X-man! In all seriousness, while I disagree with them they do have a right to their protests. I am sure gay marriage will be legal in most places during my lifetime. We just have to remember that we , as members and friends of the gay community, have to teach tolerance and show that we are just people too. Reacting back in hate is not the answer. This is a conclusion I have just recently come to and am trying to work on. Much love,everyone.

I think its great that you can be as understanding and as open minded even regarding the situation at hand. People like you,who follow your example regarding issues like this are truly an inspiration and are people who should be shown as an example as to how people should react to hatred. I think the important thing is to acknowledge hatred and target it head on.

#19 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (7118 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay?

If people want to rally against gay marriage, let them.

#20 Posted by Sideslash (5906 posts) - - Show Bio

It's stupid. People are stupid.

#21 Edited by ThatGuyWithHeadPhones (7814 posts) - - Show Bio

Meh

#22 Edited by Betatesthighlander1 (7462 posts) - - Show Bio

if this was in America, people would be saying "only in America"

#23 Posted by DH69 (4258 posts) - - Show Bio

pathetic...

#24 Edited by AweSam (7100 posts) - - Show Bio

God hates figs!! They are an abomination!

#25 Posted by The Stegman (20759 posts) - - Show Bio

People need something to hate, whether it's race, religious beliefs or sexuality. In 50 years, we'll find something else...like the robots...damn silver skins.

#26 Edited by XImpossibruX (5029 posts) - - Show Bio

Boink who you wanna boink.

#27 Edited by GunGunW (996 posts) - - Show Bio

@awesam said:

God hates figs!! They are an abomination!

I heard maggots can grow in them

#28 Posted by InnerSuperman (858 posts) - - Show Bio
#29 Posted by judasnixon (5447 posts) - - Show Bio

if this was in America, people would be saying "only in America"

You know man you are right. Goes to show you there are A-holes all over the world.........

#30 Edited by Betatesthighlander1 (7462 posts) - - Show Bio

@judasnixon: what kind of thing would make people say "Only in France"?

#31 Posted by InnerSuperman (858 posts) - - Show Bio
#32 Posted by dccomicsrule2011 (21279 posts) - - Show Bio

@innersuperman: Notice I said anti anti-gay (meaning I'm against anti-gay) Sorry if my post confused you.I'm all for gays and I have stated such many times on these boards.

#33 Posted by HBKTimHBK (5210 posts) - - Show Bio

Didn't see this one coming, but I'm not attuned with Paris and the opinions of the masses there.