• 104 results
#1 Posted by Garison (2645 posts) - - Show Bio

It would be super futuristic kind of like the show Futurama.

#2 Posted by fear monger (1077 posts) - - Show Bio

if nostradomis is right the world ends in 2011

#3 Posted by Garison (2645 posts) - - Show Bio

fear monger says:

"if nostradomis is right the world ends in 2011"

i thought the world ends in the 2030's, but im just saying if earth humans were to make it in 3000

#4 Posted by Garison (2645 posts) - - Show Bio

Post Deleted.

#5 Posted by Vrakmul (23846 posts) - - Show Bio

Well we would find FTL travel. We would all have jet packs. All video games and the internet will be inside our heads. Robots will do all our jobs and alot of other good stuff.

#6 Posted by fear monger (1077 posts) - - Show Bio

Garison says:

"fear monger says:
i thought the world ends in the 2030's, but im just saying if earth humans were to make it in 3000"

i saw the tv thing on his book it 2011,and really werid thing he hasn't been wrong yet,but if he is it whould be like the movies i guess

#7 Posted by Garison (2645 posts) - - Show Bio

Dreadnaught says:

"Well we would find FTL travel. We would all have jet packs. All video games and the internet will be inside our heads. Robots will do all our jobs and alot of other good stuff. "

do you think we will have world peace?

#8 Posted by Vrakmul (23846 posts) - - Show Bio

fear monger says:

"Garison says:
"fear monger says:
i thought the world ends in the 2030's, but im just saying if earth humans were to make it in 3000"

i saw the tv thing on his book it 2011,and really werid thing he hasn't been wrong yet,but if he is it whould be like the movies i guess"

He's only never wrong because of his incredibly vague predictions. You only assume that was what he was talking about.

#9 Posted by Vrakmul (23846 posts) - - Show Bio

Garison says:

"Dreadnaught says:
"Well we would find FTL travel. We would all have jet packs. All video games and the internet will be inside our heads. Robots will do all our jobs and alot of other good stuff. "

do you think we will have world peace?"

Peace on earth? Yes. Peace with aliens. No.

#10 Posted by King Saturn (224150 posts) - - Show Bio

In 3000 AD, humans will be complete slaves to technology. Super Computers will use are human bodies as batteries to power there systems and they will become The Rulers of the Earth.
Post Edited:2007-12-21 14:43:25

#11 Posted by The_MVPs (84693 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, my time machine is nearly complete. I'll come back and let you know.

#12 Posted by Cryo-Wolf (12662 posts) - - Show Bio

We'd have the techonlogy to be werewolves. And not be like Futurama.

#13 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio

..sneaks into Gamblers time machine...oh yeah

#14 Posted by Phoenix God (389 posts) - - Show Bio

Peace on Earth? There will never be peace on Earth.

I think there will be a world war soon where a large portion of the worlds population will be killed. People will live like dogs, scavenging for food and water. Basic survival will solely be to steal from others. The plague will wipe out another large portion of the surviving population. After several decades the importance of technology will start-up again and only certain people, who are at the right place at the right time, will be allowed to be a part of the growing technological advancement. Fifty years after this, the tech people will attack everyone else trying to have the perfect society of peace. People without tech will learn to attack in groups and slowly try to gain their own version of peace.

Peace is an illusion. There is no freedom.

#15 Posted by ElusiveStorm (2777 posts) - - Show Bio

Well thanks for the optimism Phoenix, i feel alot better knowing that either me or my descendants will be fighting for food!

#16 Posted by Phoenix God (389 posts) - - Show Bio

ElusiveStorm says:

"Well thanks for the optimism Phoenix, i feel alot better knowing that either me or my descendants will be fighting for food!"

I am not a pessimist. I am a realist. Realistically, people suck. So now that you know this little piece of secret-insider-information (street value of $20000), you can approach the world in a whole new light; beat people down then take what you want.

What is better than that?

#17 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio

I still believe in the good of people. It's just harder to find in some people.

#18 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

Phoenix God says:

"I am not a pessimist. I am a realist. Realistically, people suck. So now that you know this little piece of secret-insider-information (street value of $20000), you can approach the world in a whole new light; beat people down then take what you want.What is better than that?"

M

#19 Posted by Phoenix God (389 posts) - - Show Bio

Andferne says:

"I still believe in the good of people. It's just harder to find in some people."

As in "good" do you mean, good at taking what is not theirs? Good as in blaming others for their own miseries and mistakes? Good as in knowing all the times of the tv shows because watching tv basically sums up their life? Good as in great at abusing children? Good as in they throw more trash in the streams then their neighbors?

Hhhmmmm...me too. Interesting.

Or is this not what you meant?

#20 Posted by Phoenix God (389 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"Phoenix God says:
"I am not a pessimist. I am a realist. Realistically, people suck. So now that you know this little piece of secret-insider-information (street value of $20000), you can approach the world in a whole new light; beat people down then take what you want. What is better than that? "
M"

FYI: I was totally kidding.

#21 Posted by Vrakmul (23846 posts) - - Show Bio

Phoenix God says:

"ElusiveStorm says:
"Well thanks for the optimism Phoenix, i feel alot better knowing that either me or my descendants will be fighting for food!"

I am not a pessimist. I am a realist. Realistically, people suck. So now that you know this little piece of secret-insider-information (street value of $20000), you can approach the world in a whole new light; beat people down then take what you want.

What is better than that?

"

Coming from a person who believes that the world will be ruled by nazi's in a thousand years. Yeah sure your a realist.

#22 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio

You see the darkness becase that is where you look. It is what you want to see. There isgreat good in man, and it too is proven every day.

#23 Posted by Phoenix God (389 posts) - - Show Bio

Dreadnaught says:

"Phoenix God says:
"ElusiveStorm says:
I am not a pessimist. I am a realist. Realistically, people suck. So now that you know this little piece of secret-insider-information (street value of $20000), you can approach the world in a whole new light; beat people down then take what you want. What is better than that? "
Coming from a person who believes that the world will be ruled by nazi's in a thousand years. Yeah sure your a realist. "

Who said anything about Naxi's? I am talking about basic survival. People being scared. People being confused and angry. I am not talking about hate.

Did you ever see Serenity? That didn't start from Nazi's. People thought that the great Alliance would be the savior. Others didn't. So then you have the "peace wanting" Alliance vs the Rebels who don't even have medicine. Do you see what I am saying? When it gets tough, most people need a leader. Not all leaders are going to choose what is best for the long term. Not Nazi's. I hate and despise the idea of that. I am talking about what people will do to survive. There are hundreds upon hundreds of examples of what people will do to survive. Cannibalism. Steal. Ransom. etc.

#24 Posted by Phoenix God (389 posts) - - Show Bio

Andferne says:

"You see the darkness becase that is where you look. It is what you want to see. There isgreat good in man, and it too is proven every day."

I do see good in men. I am not blind. However, I am not so naive that I overlook the bad. I am merely realistic to what people are and do. If there was more good then bad, then the world would not be how it is today; and maybe it is not more bad then good, but that bad is so capable of suppressing the good. Is is much more difficult to be good then be bad. I consider looking the other way when someone gets picked on for just being a geek bad. I think the bully and the people who pretend they didn't see it are bad. I think being a coward is bad. I think not helping when you can is bad. This doesn't make the entire person bad; just a portion. However, I consider many little innocent-like bad things to be the root of becoming a bad person. If you look away today at someone being bullied, what are you willing to ignore tomorrow? This is all I meant. I think it is highly probable that there will be a world war soon. And by soon, it could be 50 years. Who knows? But with the way things are going, something has to give...

#25 Posted by Vrakmul (23846 posts) - - Show Bio

Wait I have a alternate version of the future. Somebody says gleeg snag zip and the world will be destroyed.

#26 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio

Good men who do nothing is evil enough.

#27 Posted by Phoenix God (389 posts) - - Show Bio

Andferne says:

"Good men who do nothing is evil enough."

I agree 100%. I never said, nor meant, anything different than that.

#28 Posted by Sling Shot (3560 posts) - - Show Bio

Ask Andre 3000 he is concurrently here and there.

#29 Posted by fear monger (1077 posts) - - Show Bio

Dreadnaught says:

"fear monger says:
"Garison says:
"fear monger says:
i saw the tv thing on his book it 2011,and really werid thing he hasn't been wrong yet,but if he is it whould be like the movies i guess"
He's only never wrong because of his incredibly vague predictions. You only assume that was what he was talking about. "

i know ,but lets not count it out as possible outcome

#30 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio

If anyone can tell me where that is from they get 100 cookies.

#31 Posted by King Saturn (224150 posts) - - Show Bio

Andferne says:

"Good men who do nothing is evil enough."

Now Thats Real !

#32 Posted by fear monger (1077 posts) - - Show Bio

Andferne says:

"If anyone can tell me where that is from they get 100 cookies."

what type of cookie ?

#33 Posted by Phoenix God (389 posts) - - Show Bio

Andferne says:

"If anyone can tell me where that is from they get 100 cookies."

Boondock Saints.

#34 Posted by Phoenix God (389 posts) - - Show Bio

Andferne says:

"Nope, but thats a very good movie."

They say almost that exact thing outside the church at the beginning of the movie. What is it then?

#35 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope, but thats a very good movie.

#36 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio

Dhalsim says it to Guile in the Street Fighter moive.

For some reason thats the only thing I remember from that movie.

#37 Posted by Phoenix God (389 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice. And the avatar too.

#38 Posted by "Colossus" (4111 posts) - - Show Bio

I dont think the human race will even get close to Year 3000

Global warming
Oil will be completely finished in 2040(No more gas for cars or power plants)
Science experiments gone wrong can kill us.
Aids.
Nuclear war will eventually happen.

#39 Posted by the creator (8576 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll still be at work (or thats how it feels at the moment).
#40 Posted by Aronmorales (9434 posts) - - Show Bio

year 3000...how the heck should I know? I'll be dead!

#41 Edited by Vrakmul (23846 posts) - - Show Bio
@fear monger said:
"

"
Nostradamus said nothing about the world ending on any date, all attempts at pinning the end of the world on an exact date have been wrong, and there have been thousands, all of them are wrong.  Also, you butchered his name.  Just admit it, the supernatural does not exist, all of these doomsday prophecies are wrong, and all of these crack-pot theories were dreamed up by fat nerds with nothing better to do with their time. 
#42 Posted by Aronmorales (9434 posts) - - Show Bio

Here's what I think the Mayans saw happening on 2012...

they didn't see disaster, they saw a disaster movie with the same name...

#43 Edited by "Colossus" (4111 posts) - - Show Bio
@Dreadnaught said:

" @fear monger said:

"

"
Nostradamus said nothing about the world ending on any date, all attempts at pinning the end of the world on an exact date have been wrong, and there have been thousands, all of them are wrong.  Also, you butchered his name.  Just admit it, the supernatural does not exist, all of these doomsday prophecies are wrong, and all of these crack-pot theories were dreamed up by fat nerds with nothing better to do with their time.  "
I agree that some predictions are wrong but all(EVERY SINGLE) prediction made by nostradomus were right.

and if by supernatural i hope you dont mean GOD
#44 Posted by John Valentine (16310 posts) - - Show Bio
@"Colossus" said:
" I dont think the human race will even get close to Year 3000  Global warming Oil will be completely finished in 2040(No more gas for cars or power plants) Science experiments gone wrong can kill us. Aids. Nuclear war will eventually happen. "
Thank you for your insight.
#45 Edited by Vrakmul (23846 posts) - - Show Bio
@"Colossus" said:

" @Dreadnaught said:

" @fear monger said:

"

"
Nostradamus said nothing about the world ending on any date, all attempts at pinning the end of the world on an exact date have been wrong, and there have been thousands, all of them are wrong.  Also, you butchered his name.  Just admit it, the supernatural does not exist, all of these doomsday prophecies are wrong, and all of these crack-pot theories were dreamed up by fat nerds with nothing better to do with their time.  "
I agree that some predictions are wrong but all(EVERY SINGLE) prediction made by nostradomus were right.  and if by supernatural i hope you dont mean GOD "
The prophecies of nostradamus are so god damned vague they could mean anything.  I recommend you stop watching the history channel, it's full of crap at the moment.
#46 Posted by Aronmorales (9434 posts) - - Show Bio
@Dreadnaught: Absolutely right about the History channel.
#47 Posted by "Colossus" (4111 posts) - - Show Bio
@Dreadnaught said:
" @"Colossus" said:
" @Dreadnaught said:

" @fear monger said:

"

"
I agree that some predictions are wrong but all(EVERY SINGLE) prediction made by nostradomus were right.  and if by supernatural i hope you dont mean GOD "
The prophecies of nostradamus are so god damned vague they could mean anything.  "
actually its not he even predicted napoleons and hitlers exact names
#48 Posted by Aronmorales (9434 posts) - - Show Bio

Technically, it was "Hisler".

#49 Posted by Vrakmul (23846 posts) - - Show Bio
@"Colossus" said:
" @Dreadnaught said:

" @fear monger said:

"

"
Until God comes in person on national television, I'll remain skeptical of him and every other deity conjured up by man.  What makes him so special that he must be real, while religions such as those of the ancient Greeks are known to be false, religions come and go, eventually all the religions you see now will fade away and be replaced by new ones.  Nothing lasts forever.  Get over it.
#50 Posted by Vrakmul (23846 posts) - - Show Bio
@"Colossus" said:
" @Dreadnaught said:
" @"Colossus" said:
" @Dreadnaught said:

" @fear monger said:

"

"
The prophecies of nostradamus are so god damned vague they could mean anything.  "
actually its not he even predicted napoleons and hitlers exact names "
Hister, that's an entire letter off.  And he didn't even refer to hister as a person.