How strong is Sora from KH?

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By DarthAznable

Where do you think he'd rank on the power scale along with the mainstream comic characters? Just curious since I've started to play KH again.

No Caption Provided

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

colliderz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthaznable: From my basic knowledge on him he is city level. I am on phone right

You should callout dethhero61

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@colliderz: I didn't see him in the calllouts for KH but I will tag him. With his various forms and advancded magic I'd place him near 3rd age Spawn possibly. Need to reread Spawn.

@deathhero61 Grace us with your wisdom.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

He's below Rorschach.

Avatar image for symbioticspider-man
SymbioticSpider-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

The guy could probably wreck a lot of superheroes. The guy was shown to cut down buildings with his Keyblade. He also has a wide range of magic and keyblade attacks. He`s also very agile and fast. He was also able to beat the likes of Sephiroth and Cloud.

Thitiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Thitiki

He's below Rorschach.

No.

He was effortlessly cutting skyscrapers in half and was able to dodge lasers extremely fast.

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

High Mid

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

About the same lvl as a depowered Batman.

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthaznable: I wouldn't say he is city level. But yeah it can be heavily argued that he can take on the majority of the anime HST(if we ignore naruto and madara and the biijus) with his showcase of abilities. Comic wise? Im not entirely sure.

Avatar image for redxiii18881990
Redxiii18881990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pretty powerful. I find people underestimate him. I mean one kick off those big a$$ feet would be pretty strong lol.

But yea he's able to cut skyscrapers with basically a blunt weapon.

And he went toe to toe with characters like maleficent, hades, and jafar. The sephiroth feats don't seen that impressive as in kh2 sephiroth just brushes it off as if it was nothing.

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The guy could probably wreck a lot of superheroes. The guy was shown to cut down buildings with his Keyblade. He also has a wide range of magic and keyblade attacks. He`s also very agile and fast. He was also able to beat the likes of Sephiroth and Cloud.

Actually the best part about it was that multiple buildings(more than three) were put in his path during his fight against xenmas, and his cut through all of them in a seconds. And later on when he was fighting a giant nobody monster(which i assure was far bigger than the span of several city blocks in terms of size.) And sora was launching buildings at said monster by smacking them like baseballs. Riku his partner during the fight was slicing them up than throwing the individual pieces at at the monster.

Well i might as well show the building slicing.

Watch from 0:45 to 1:09 skip to 1:27 and watch till 1:45

Loading Video...

His magic is pretty great. He has used in a lot of flexible ways, way too many ways to waste time showing off though.

Sora didn't necessarily beated cloud. Thats reliant on the player. IF you lose to cloud, you get an alternate cutscene. Which makes sense since usually players start off with Olympus Coliseum and get their asses kicked by cloud. But even if he did he wouldn't stand a chance post KH2 cloud IMO considering the cloud then was basically representing advent children cloud. Sephiroth mind you was holding back against sora.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthaznable: If it wasn't for naruto and juubi and what not sora would solo HST twenty times over. In fact sora can take down naruto, he simply has to kill him before he uses his more destructive attacks.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5ee15da0e0aad
deactivated-5ee15da0e0aad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@thitiki said:

@dccomicsrule2011 said:

He's below Rorschach.

No.

He was effortlessly cutting skyscrapers in half and was able to dodge lasers extremely fast.

Sarcasm, do you speak it?!

Avatar image for knightsofdarkness2
Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not as strong as Ultron.

swordmasterD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Above wolverine Below Kim Jong Un

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

A casual building buster to say the least. His power level went right up in Kingdom Hearts 2 to a much higher level. Though Sephiroth was clearly holding back against Sora and even though Sora held his own, Sephiroth brushed off his attacks like they were nothing. He also pointed out that Cloud was the only one who could end him so it was a ying-yang symmetry thing.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thitiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thitiki said:

@dccomicsrule2011 said:

He's below Rorschach.

No.

Hur dur muh sarcasm. Cuz it totally seemed like sarcasm.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ee15da0e0aad
deactivated-5ee15da0e0aad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@thitiki said:

@scorpion2501 said:

@thitiki said:

@dccomicsrule2011 said:

He's below Rorschach.

No.

It does, actually. Considering the OP contains a gif with some good showings, and Rorschach is the weakest street leveller there is.

Maybe you weren't really paying attention?

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anime/Manga:Sora should be able to defeat any of the HST characters. Alucard would probably be an epic fight, pre-Schrodinger of course.
In fact, I would say that he can beat anyone equal to or below Saiyan-Saga Vegeta, because of his speed and hax abilities.

Comics:I'd say that Sora would be high-mid tier at least. Brutes like Colossus, Aquaman, Thing, etc. can't really touch him, but he has all sorts of ways to put them down.

Honestly, I'd put him up there with the high-tier. I don't believe Hulk would be a problem, or Wonder Woman. I think he has the combat speed and hax to battle Thor, but I don't know if he'd win that one. Either way, he definitely is up there, and I could easily make a case for anyone below Thor.

In addition, Second Metamorphosis Spawn is a good fight, but one that I've come to the conclusion Sora would win. Not easily,mind you, but there's no doubt that Sora would win IMO.

Basically, he's one of the strongest video game characters out there IMO. The only one I can think of on the top of my head that can crush him is Asura, but Asura is really the strongest one out there.

@darthaznable If you have any questions on a matchup that you're curious about, I'd be glad to give my opinion!

It's about time Sora got some more love if you ask me!

Jmarshmallow

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sora didn't necessarily beated cloud. Thats reliant on the player. IF you lose to cloud, you get an alternate cutscene. Which makes sense since usually players start off with Olympus Coliseum and get their asses kicked by cloud. But even if he did he wouldn't stand a chance post KH2 cloud IMO considering the cloud then was basically representing advent children cloud. Sephiroth mind you was holding back against sora.

I'd only like to argue against this.

Sora winning all of his battles is canon in the KH series. If you read the help books, guides, or even the manga, Sora never loses a battle really.

He won the battle against Cloud, Leon, Sephiroth etc. Losing is possible in the game, but the manga shows that the canon path is for Sora to win.

And while Sephiroth "holding back" against Sora is debatable since his motive for fighting him was to get the Keyblade, it's clear that Sora was holding back too. He was only defending himself, and he's not even close to tired once the battle is over.

Plus, he beat Sephiroth twice. I suppose you could argue the first fight is non-canon, but I'd disagree, as every fight in the Coliseum is canon.

So Sora is most definitely > Cloud and Sephiroth, no matter how you look at it.

Jmarshmallow

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By DeathHero61

@jmarshmallow: You know what seems legit but sephiroth was clearly holding back. You can tell by not only his tone but how he showed no fatigue after being "beat" by sora. Unlike the other opponents sora has beaten. Sora doesn't hold back at all. Thats kind of a dumb statement. Whenever someone wants to fight, sora is eager to please.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jmarshmallow: You know what seems legit but sephiroth was clearly holding back. You can tell by not only his tone but how he showed no fatigue after being "beat" by sora. Unlike the other opponents sora has beaten. Sora doesn't hold back at all. Thats kind of a dumb statement. Whenever someone wants to fight, sora is eager to please.

Holding back and eager to fight are two different things.

Of course, Sora is always ready to fight, but that doesn't mean he's going to put as much effort sparring as he would defeating, say, Xemnas.

It's clear from the fight that Sora wasn't fatigued in the slightest, and it's evident that, even though he was invested in the fight, he wasn't going all out.

Jmarshmallow

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think his main focus was fighting Cloud as that's all he really cares about. Squall should be harder to fight though, he's a very skilled and powerful swordsman.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jmarshmallow: In regards to a match up I was thinking of Sora V Spawn since they have a similar powerset imo. I haven't read any of the manga to now the full extent of his power, I just played the games and that's why I'm a bit reluctant. Not to mention Sora has some crazy hax so it's hard to gauge him.

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthaznable: Its already been done. But sora is on another level isn't he? The keyblade without a doubt in my mind can be considered a holy weapon. Considering everything its been able to do.

@deathhero61 said:

I think his main focus was fighting Cloud as that's all he really cares about. Squall should be harder to fight though, he's a very skilled and powerful swordsman.

Squall did kick his ass when they first met(Sora was still pretty skilled with a sword back then.)

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathhero61: Depends. If you strip him of a few things like limit breaks and his drive forms it'd help with the hax. Also don't forget, while he's very powerful by himself, Goofy and Donald boost his attacks even more.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jmarshmallow: In regards to a match up I was thinking of Sora V Spawn since they have a similar powerset imo. I haven't read any of the manga to now the full extent of his power, I just played the games and that's why I'm a bit reluctant. Not to mention Sora has some crazy hax so it's hard to gauge him.

It would be a good match, no doubt. But one that Sora should definitely win. He's definitely faster than Spawn, and every hax ability Spawn has, Sora has a counter to.

Not to mention that Sora's Keyblade definitely qualifies as a holy weapon, so it should be able to take him down even without all the hax and stuff.

Oh, and the games are just as canon as the manga, if not moreso. The game came first, the manga just fills in some details and such. Like in the manga, it shows Sora beating Squall and later on Cloud, just to show us that the alternative cut-scenes where you lose to the two of them are non-canon. As long as you've played the games, you know the canon strength of Sora.

Jmarshmallow

Gustofwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd put Sora at a similar level to Hal Jordan

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 20

#36 BumpyBoo  Moderator

Stronger than five squirrels.

Dynamo8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He requires some elixirs and some Goofies.

Thitiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Thitiki

@thitiki said:

@scorpion2501 said:

@thitiki said:

@dccomicsrule2011 said:

He's below Rorschach.

No.

It does, actually. Considering the OP contains a gif with some good showings, and Rorschach is the weakest street leveller there is.

Maybe you don't know the game? Cuz that gif doesn't show any "good" showings. Waving a keyblade with friends and shooting light in there air doesn't mean much..

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

@thitiki said:

@scorpion2501 said:

@thitiki said:

@scorpion2501 said:

@thitiki said:

@dccomicsrule2011 said:

He's below Rorschach.

No.

Maybe you don't know the game? Cuz that gif doesn't show any "good" showings. Waving a keyblade with friends and shooting light in there air doesn't mean much..

LOL. Whys is this discussion even a discussion? My post was sarcastic in nature and that should have been obvious to anyone. Rorschach is a guy who get's stomped by fodder thugs and cops while Sora fights Sephiroth and lives to tell the tale.

Thitiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thitiki said:

@scorpion2501 said:

@thitiki said:

@scorpion2501 said:

@thitiki said:

@dccomicsrule2011 said:

He's below Rorschach.

No.

LOL. Whys is this discussion even a discussion? My post was sarcastic in nature and that should have been obvious to anyone. Rorschach is a guy who get's stomped by fodder thugs and cops while Sora fights Sephiroth and lives to tell the tale.

Ok so i misinterpreted a one lined sentence when you are known to be blunt.. End of discussion.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MacDonald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Defining his strength is really hard... does he ever actually lift anything of note?

His striking power on the other hand is tremendous enough to on I think 2 occasions knock buildings back at enemies. His powers seem mostly drawn from the key blade and seem magical and energy based.