#1 Posted by wario1988 (990 posts) - - Show Bio
#2 Posted by Jezer (3016 posts) - - Show Bio

Not that interesting. Thought experiments have no practical use for anyone, and they're basically Physics' fail attempts at being Philosophy.

#3 Posted by Imagine_Man15 (1801 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, I found it very interesting, but I'm a huge nerd about this type of thing.

#4 Posted by DarkShadows (742 posts) - - Show Bio

Interesting.

#5 Posted by TheWitchingHour (1340 posts) - - Show Bio

Comic books fans believed in this principle before it was cool.

#6 Posted by cattlebattle (12579 posts) - - Show Bio

Mind = Blown

#7 Posted by majestic99 (8638 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Edited by Enemybird (3138 posts) - - Show Bio

I am trying to be as open minded as possible...after reading the snippet. They never really explained why the universe would split it... doesn't make any sense!

*Couldn't watch the video I am at work*

#9 Edited by nick_hero22 (6708 posts) - - Show Bio

@Enemybird said:

I am trying to be as open minded as possible...after reading the snippet. They never really explained why the universe would split it... doesn't make any sense!

It would split to accommodate the two different outcomes that would happen, either you live or die.

#10 Posted by cyberninja (10413 posts) - - Show Bio
#11 Posted by Enemybird (3138 posts) - - Show Bio

@nick_hero22 said:

@Enemybird said:

It would split to accommodate the two different outcomes that would happen, either you live or die.

In an everyday situation where there are many outcomes there could be very small changes that differ from your "original decision". The possibilities are infinite in the simplest decision.

#12 Posted by nick_hero22 (6708 posts) - - Show Bio

@Enemybird said:

@nick_hero22 said:

@Enemybird said:

In an everyday situation where there are many outcomes there could be very small changes that differ from your "original decision". The possibilities are infinite in the simplest decision.

True but were talking about Quantum Suicide were their are only to two major changes, life or death.

#13 Posted by Dreadmaster (16778 posts) - - Show Bio

@nick_hero22 said:

@Enemybird said:

Kind of like the theory that if you flip a coin two, different universes would spawn from that coin flip?

#14 Posted by Jezer (3016 posts) - - Show Bio

@dreadmaster said:

@nick_hero22 said:

@Enemybird said:

Kind of like the theory that if you flip a coin two, different universes would spawn from that coin flip?

Yeah, except way more pretentious.

#15 Posted by Kal'smahboi (3455 posts) - - Show Bio

This is dumb. Just because two things can happen, doesn't mean that they do.

#16 Posted by nick_hero22 (6708 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kal'smahboi said:

Wrong

Let's say a random guy picks up a gun off the ground and takes it home with him. He puts the gun to his head and pulls the trigger, two outcomes are possible. Outcome 1 the gun is loaded and he kills himself, so the universe splits to adjust to this outcome and Outcome 2 the gun isn't loaded and he doesn't kill himself and the universe adjusts to this outcome as well. Their is a 50% chance the gun is loaded and a 50% chance the gun isn't loaded, the universe splits to accommendate the outcome of the scenario.

#17 Posted by Kal'smahboi (3455 posts) - - Show Bio
@nick_hero22 said:

@Kal'smahboi said:

Wrong

Let's say a random guy picks up a gun off the ground and takes it home with him. He puts the gun to his head and pulls the trigger, two outcomes are possible. Outcome 1 the gun is loaded and he kills himself, so the universe splits to adjust to this outcome and Outcome 2 the gun isn't loaded and he doesn't kill himself and the universe adjusts to this outcome as well. Their is a 50% chance the gun is loaded and a 50% chance the gun isn't loaded, the universe splits to accommendate the outcome of the scenario.

#18 Posted by cattlebattle (12579 posts) - - Show Bio
@Kal'smahboi said:
@nick_hero22 said:

@Kal'smahboi said:

Wrong

LOL
#19 Posted by HowTerribleIsThat (349 posts) - - Show Bio

This only works if the Many-worlds Interpretation holds true.

#20 Edited by Enemybird (3138 posts) - - Show Bio

@nick_hero22 said:

@Enemybird said:

@nick_hero22 said:

@Enemybird said:

True but were talking about Quantum Suicide were their are only to two major changes, life or death.

So the patriots won the superbowl this year in another universe because wes welker caught the game winner in the 4th quarter? lol