#1 Posted by Lasiurus (89 posts) - - Show Bio

There are comics where the Government does not get along with supers, and may even have teams to kill them. Sometimes they even try to force supers into working for them. Now clearly someone who can only lift maybe a few tons or so, they can be intimidated. So what class of power would someone need to be at, where they could tell the Government/Military to back off and actually follow up on that if the Government tries to force the issue?

#2 Posted by JediXMan (29219 posts) - - Show Bio

Planetary-level. In order to take on the government, one requirement is that they can take a nuke to the face or, in the case of telepaths, stop the nukes from coming in the first place.

#3 Posted by lagoon_boy (10951 posts) - - Show Bio
/Thread
#4 Posted by Edamame (27874 posts) - - Show Bio

I am sure that some telekinetics can stop nuclear weapons as well. If I recall correctly, Jean Grey did this at the very end of the Age of Apocalypse story arc. Powerful telepaths could simply take complete control of all of those Government "minds".

#5 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (19872 posts) - - Show Bio

Street level if they are intelligent enough.

#6 Posted by FalconPuuunch (942 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman or higher.

#7 Posted by joshmightbe (24433 posts) - - Show Bio

Well Superman could conquer Earth in about an hour if he hadn't let people in on the whole kryptonite thing

#8 Posted by Rumble Man (11119 posts) - - Show Bio
Whale Xavier-Not Evil
#9 Edited by Nefarious (18312 posts) - - Show Bio

Above Street-level.

#10 Posted by logy5000 (5631 posts) - - Show Bio

Based on the movies, window-level.

#11 Posted by Nelomaxwell (10361 posts) - - Show Bio

Any level if they've got a plan.

#12 Posted by hudyman (1657 posts) - - Show Bio

Probably if you have some type of power which gives you an advantage against the government.....Or.....Just get a Tardis,,,,

#13 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek said:

Street level if they are intelligent enough.

this

or a more general answer, any one above Spider-man I guess, if they aren't morons

#14 Posted by Thorcules (68 posts) - - Show Bio

I guess you would have to atleast be bulletproof. Although i think nightcrawler can take over our world.

#15 Posted by TERMINATORFAN (1250 posts) - - Show Bio

Powerful enough to take out the cops in a police station and walk out on foot.

#16 Posted by INLIFE (1600 posts) - - Show Bio

Intelligence. That is what truly matters....As well as being bulletproof.

Then add Spider-Man's powers. In our world, all of that is enough to make you a god. You can rally a small army for distraction when needed and take over.

Just make sure not to get into any nuclear situations.

#17 Posted by consolemaster001 (4887 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman or higher

#18 Posted by HBKTimHBK (5240 posts) - - Show Bio

@logy5000 said:

Based on the movies, window-level.

#19 Posted by jeanlucpicard (1845 posts) - - Show Bio

Ever read watch-men? Ozzy is probably the best example.

#20 Posted by PrinceAragorn1 (15851 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe said:

Well Superman could conquer Earth in about an hour if he hadn't let people in on the whole kryptonite thing

Chuck norris one shots him lol

#21 Posted by joshmightbe (24433 posts) - - Show Bio

@PrinceAragorn1: Every time you make a Chuck Norris joke God kills a puppy. Are you happy puppy killer?

#22 Posted by PrinceAragorn1 (15851 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe: God killing puppies is a superstition ;)

#23 Posted by kuonphobos (4774 posts) - - Show Bio

Since the government can't even pass a budget annually I don't think there is too much there to worry about.

#24 Posted by lorbo (1541 posts) - - Show Bio

@kuonphobos said:

Since the government can't even pass a budget annually I don't think there is too much there to worry about.

That was hilarious. Good one. You also forgot how long it took them to find Osama. Last I checked he didn't even HAVE superpowers and it took ten years!

Imagine how hard it would be to catch a superhero adored by the public?

Near impossible. Unless they got somebody close to them to betray them...other than that, heroes stomp all the way. Covertly through surprise attacks of course. Head on would be stupid, because then the nukes would drop and the hero would be ashes no less.