How Pacific Rim 2 should go?

Avatar image for supersaiyan_danger
Supersaiyan_Danger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

What do you guys think of this topic? So far Del Torro has been green lit for a sequel to be made. Officially he states there will be a Gipsy Danger 2.0 and Kaiju/Jaegar hybrids.

What do you think the writers should do?

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

the robots should fight the monsters.

Supersaiyan_Danger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thitiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supersaiyan_danger: Didn't he say there might be a Godzilla mix in? Like Gipsy Danger 2.0 vs Godzilla? I don't think it'll be in the sequel but sounded epic. I also wonder what 2.0 will look like and how tough the Kaiju will be.

Supersaiyan_Danger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thitiki: Del Toro means by a crossover between Godzilla 2014 and Pacific Rim. This would take place after PR 2 he said based on an interview.

The Kaiju would more than likely be on par or much stronger than Slattern. Newt revieled the Kaiju after the category series would be the "exterminators" from his drift with a Kaiju brain. I expect no even a nuke would save humanity from the threat anymore.

Thitiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thitiki: Del Toro means by a crossover between Godzilla 2014 and Pacific Rim. This would take place after PR 2 he said based on an interview.

The Kaiju would more than likely be on par or much stronger than Slattern. Newt revieled the Kaiju after the category series would be the "exterminators" from his drift with a Kaiju brain. I expect no even a nuke would save humanity from the threat anymore.

What is Slattern? So the ones in the next movie will be stronger than the Cat 5 at the end of the movie? That they fought underwater?

Supersaiyan_Danger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thitiki: Slattern was the Cat 5 and based on certain hints, absolutely the Kaiju should surpass the Category system.

silent_bomber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By silent_bomber

I was only interested in another one if it had been a prequel about the year when they lost most of their mech's.

They could've had it ending with a sacrifice that set the Kaiju back a few years that no-one would ever know had happened.

Would've been a dark movie, Idris Elba would've been in his Coyote Tango mech etc.

I've absolutely no interest in a sequel, the original ended perfectly well and another one would do nothing but undermine it.

Thitiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thitiki: Slattern was the Cat 5 and based on certain hints, absolutely the Kaiju should surpass the Category system.

Sounds epic then! Do you think they'll be a lot bigger or stronger or faster?

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is there going to be a sequel?

Tbh I don't think there should be, it'll make the whole 'sacrifice' thing pointless.

But yes, they can continue on the frachise, by going in depth on the cloners, and how they opened the rift. Perhaps several years in the future.

And there should be more catagory 5 :D

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

It shouldn't, tbh. The first movie was good but it doesn't really seem sequel-worthy.

BatmanFan11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I honestly don't see how there could be a sequel. I mean they ended up closing the interdimensional portal in the end and so there's no more Kaiju to fight. How could they pull that off?

Only way I can see a sequel happening is if it's a crossover with Godzilla. Anything elese though not really.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#13  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

Whatever you guys, I want a sequel

Avatar image for deactivated-5ee15da0e0aad
deactivated-5ee15da0e0aad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Del Torro Should focus on the other 9000 projects he slapped his name on. There are so many great things he claimed to do. He should let pacific rim 2 rest for a while.

Avatar image for thecheesestabber
TheCheeseStabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Any type of sequel would probably just be an a**pull

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#17  Edited By Bruxae

I really disliked the first but they could still salvage it with some improvements.

It would be nice if it was a little more story-focused, it should still be about monster battles at heart but maybe have a strong sideplot, where do the monsters come from, why, who are they?

Better dialogue, the original was so cheesy and embarassing I literally facepalmed several times during the movie and I am typically not the person to be like that, but this was literally some of the worst material ive ever seen in my life.

Faster fights, I felt like they kept going with this huge hulking slow creature thing and relied on the scope to impress me, and it did.. the first 1 or 2 scenes, then the fights quickly became boring and the same thing over and over. it just felt slow and boring.

Less plotholes.. What was the point in waiting to use the sword on the jaeger until they were almost destroyed? As soon as it was brought out they oneshotted the monster - and again later on. Yet for some reason they felt the need to wait and use it until the Jaeger thing were almost destroyed, rising billions worth of tech in the process, not to mention the time it must take to construct one. And how about the final fight? He basically oneshots 2 monsters before fighting the last big one, while just a little earlier in the movies he was struggling with 1 of the even weaker versions. I could go on forever about this.

These are just a few improvements that could be made..

TotalBalance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By TotalBalance

I want bigger robots, bigger monsters, less acting, less plot, and a whole hell of a lot more fighting.

(so basically just 2 full hours of giant things destroying each-other/stuff)

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

#19  Edited By SaintWildcard

Superman, Batman and the Robots should team up to beat the Avengers.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

I want bigger robots, bigger monsters, less acting, less plot, and a whole hell of a lot more fighting.

there wasn't much acting or plot in the first place. D:

Avatar image for deactivated-627010180bd2d
deactivated-627010180bd2d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mecha Slattern

TotalBalance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@totalbalance said:

there wasn't much acting or plot in the first place. D:

No there sure wasn't, but what was their only took away from the movie, I would rather just have non-stop action with maybe the (very) occasional scene to set up combat or explain only the most necessary things.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

They destroyed the throat with the Gipsy's self-destruct, but those colonists have a whole planet so they would still be alive on other areas of the planet. Build a second breach, meshing whatever tech they might still have been able to forage off Gipsy's destroyed frame and merge it with their bio-built kaiju. Make a Gipsy-kaiju cyborg to fight Gipsy 2.0. That's just off the top of my head.

Chibi_cute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I honestly don't see how there could be a sequel. I mean they ended up closing the interdimensional portal in the end and so there's no more Kaiju to fight. How could they pull that off?

Only way I can see a sequel happening is if it's a crossover with Godzilla. Anything elese though not really.

The kaiju masters could re open the portal and its only the kaiju factory that was destroyed.

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As much as I love Pacific Rim I honestly don't think there is room for a sqeual.

I mean they pretty much wraped everything up and defeated the kaijus for good, not to mention that all of the jaegers are destroyed and Idris Elba's character (the best character in the movie besides the Jaegers) is dead ;_;

The best they can do is a prequal and if they do make it a prequal I want to see more of Cherno Alpha & Crimson Typhoon (everyone will most likely agree with me on this) as well as the old Jaegers.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

It shouldn't happen considering the ending. It'd just be horribly anticlimactic and feel overly desperate in my opinion.

WarBlade539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By WarBlade539

@bruxae said:

I really disliked the first but they could still salvage it with some improvements.

It would be nice if it was a little more story-focused, it should still be about monster battles at heart but maybe have a strong sideplot, where do the monsters come from, why, who are they?

Better dialogue, the original was so cheesy and embarassing I literally facepalmed several times during the movie and I am typically not the person to be like that, but this was literally some of the worst material ive ever seen in my life.

Faster fights, I felt like they kept going with this huge hulking slow creature thing and relied on the scope to impress me, and it did.. the first 1 or 2 scenes, then the fights quickly became boring and the same thing over and over. it just felt slow and boring.

Less plotholes.. What was the point in waiting to use the sword on the jaeger until they were almost destroyed? As soon as it was brought out they oneshotted the monster - and again later on. Yet for some reason they felt the need to wait and use it until the Jaeger thing were almost destroyed, rising billions worth of tech in the process, not to mention the time it must take to construct one. And how about the final fight? He basically oneshots 2 monsters before fighting the last big one, while just a little earlier in the movies he was struggling with 1 of the even weaker versions. I could go on forever about this.

These are just a few improvements that could be made..

Also the Jaegars and Kaiju weigh far less than they should weigh. Realistically, they should weigh in the couple 100,000 tonnes. Just weighing 1750 tonnes means either, the measurement of weight is different in Pacific Rim or they are made of Styrofoam.

Rouflex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Batman will definatly ruin things up,he will scream on every buldings he sees I'M THE GODDAM BATMAN FEAR ME OR I'LL COMME AT NIGHT... while superman is playing with the villains

Mekboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They can start by giving more than 1 of the robots screen time. Seriously, while Striker Eureka was cool, Cherno Alpha and Crimson Typhoon were only there to show how powerful Gypsy Danger is.

laidblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By laidblack

@batmanfan11 said:

The kaiju masters could re open the portal and its only the kaiju factory that was destroyed.

Something like that would just feel...cheap.

Chibi_cute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chibi_cute said:

@batmanfan11 said:

Something like that would just feel...cheap.

hmm.. not really.

RedQueen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 6

What do you guys think of this topic? So far Del Torro has been green lit for a sequel to be made. Officially he states there will be a Gipsy Danger 2.0 and Kaiju/Jaegar hybrids.

What do you think the writers should do?

How would that even work? :P

RDClip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By RDClip

@redqueen: Genetically engineered/cloned Kaiju with giant cybernetic parts and a pilot to drift with it.

I have faith in Del Torro. I haven't see a movie from him yet that I haven't enjoyed.

BatmanFan11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chibi_cute:

And why would they want to reopen it? Wasn't it their goal to stop the Kaiju and close the portal?

Chibi_cute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batmanfan11: what i mean is.. the kaiju masters could re open the portal.. because gipsy danger only blewup the kaiju factory and the portal.. the kaiju masters have a whole planet.. they would launch a counter attack. against the human race.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3255e75dae4
deactivated-5e3255e75dae4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

As long as theres Robots beating the sh*it out of aliens, I don't give a damn

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

It turns out to be a dream by an asian kid.

Supersaiyan_Danger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think we need a main villain, imagine a guy like Thanos who owns Super Kaiju that make Slattern look like Cloverfield.

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By WaveMotionCannon

#8 Edited by silent_bomber (334 posts) - 2 days, 4 hours ago - Show Bio

I was only interested in another one if it had been a prequel about the year when they lost most of their mech's.

They could've had it ending with a sacrifice that set the Kaiju back a few years that no-one would ever know had happened.

Would've been a dark movie, Idris Elba would've been in his Coyote Tango mech etc.

I've absolutely no interest in a sequel, the original ended perfectly well and another one would do nothing but undermine it.

This

Avatar image for kaijukinggojira
KaijuKingGojira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By KaijuKingGojira

I wish they wouldn't make a second movie. It's fine and ended perfectly.

It should really be extended lore.Let some artist and writers do some comics.

On the question though I would say that I'd be cool if the Humans prepared themselves for the Precursors and made like 12 other Jaegers.Also it be cool if there were more Kaiju that looked as cool as Slattern.Maybe it'd be cool if some of the Kaiju turned on each other and went rabid towards one another. I think we can all agree that We'd love to see two Category 5s fighting it out.

Better writing is also needed.I like the characters but even I have to admit that it should have had better writting behind it.

You also have potential for it to be a prequel.Which makes far more since then a sequel.

nerdork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wish they wouldn't make a second movie. It's fine and ended perfectly.

While i agree with this. I will still be first in line to see the sequel. lol

Avatar image for kaijukinggojira
KaijuKingGojira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By KaijuKingGojira

@nerdork: Me too. Supporting the Kaiju genre is always worth spending money on.

gipsy_danger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd like a movie where precursors use gipsy's remains to build a jaeger, or the PPDC builds a mech-slattern or something. In the third film, I REALLY want a crossover with godzilla, where the might team up with mechagodzilla to fight kaiju, and at first fight godzilla, but then team up to fight category 7's and king ghidorah.

Avatar image for beaconofstrength
BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It doesn't need a plot, I just want to watch giant robots fight with monsters.