• 56 results
#1 Edited by guttridgeb (4831 posts) - - Show Bio

How many nerd stereotypes do you fit.

I think I fit most of them apart from:

• I don't like anime (apart from Pokemon and Yu Gi Oh but thats more nostalgia than anything else)
  • I don't like Star Trek
  • I don't collect action figures (though I would like to, I just cannot afford it)
  • I'm really skinny (despite my almost complete lack of exercise)
#2 Posted by YoungJustice (6684 posts) - - Show Bio
#3 Posted by NlGHTCRAWLER (2898 posts) - - Show Bio

#4 Posted by venomsapprentice (631 posts) - - Show Bio

8 but I want to be a 10.XD

#5 Posted by ntb1124 (949 posts) - - Show Bio

I am under the false impression that I am not a nerd so 0....(probably very high)

#6 Edited by guttridgeb (4831 posts) - - Show Bio

I didn't think about ratings, I'm probably an 8 or a 9

#7 Posted by jobiwankenobi (1459 posts) - - Show Bio

I could be a 10, but I tend to suppress my nerdiness and don't really know that much about too many nerdy things.

Star Wars, I know a lot, not as much as others, but a lot. Comics, if it's cartoons, oh yeah, if it's actually comics, sadly not that much.

I just don't have the time, money, energy, little of a life, or nerdy friends to really delve into my nerdiness.

Still, I'm probably somewhere 5-7.

#8 Posted by Dracade102 (8167 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm a much bigger nerd at heart than I act sometimes... Between those two I'd say about 7.

#9 Posted by TheAcidSkull (17355 posts) - - Show Bio

physically 2

personality 7

#10 Edited by _Zombie_ (10323 posts) - - Show Bio
  1. I'm terribly out of shape.
  2. I'm a shut-in.
  3. I love star wars, and know a decent amount about it.
  4. I recently got into Star Trek, starting with STO and the 2009 movie.
  5. I read comics.
  6. I play video games.
  7. I read very often.
  8. I've watched Firefly and quote it regularly.
  9. 9 out of 10 of the shows I regularly watch are Sci-Fi.
  10. I have a sizable collection of Transformers and Power Rangers toys.
#11 Posted by fojtikbt (94 posts) - - Show Bio

Physically: 3

Personality: 10

I look like a skater hipster, but I'm truly a HUGE nerd. (And I've never skated in my life)

#12 Posted by Batnandez (511 posts) - - Show Bio

@fojtikbt said:

Physically: 3

Personality: 10

I look like a skater hipster, but I'm truly a HUGE nerd. (And I've never skated in my life)

what's a skater hipster?

#13 Posted by joshmightbe (24692 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know exactly where I rate but just seconds ago I did use the prospect of seeing Kurse in the next Thor movie as an argument against suicide

#14 Edited by Jezer (3096 posts) - - Show Bio

Nerdy qualities: I enjoy reading for fun(real books, not comics). I'm very competitive with video games and play them a lot, when I can(Currently a smash bros legend at my college brag.jpg). I'm decently intelligent, put necessary effort into school, go to a top 20 college. Took alot of AP classes in high school. Also did Dual Credit. Decently above average SAT. Spend time on internet forums. Wear glasses. Quiet. Don't party as much as most college students. I don't know if not drinking counts as a nerd quality, as I know alot of nerds who drink and need it to go to parties. Introverted. Not sure if this is nerdy, but have some skill at making poems or raps as I like to call them. I speak proper English(English minor), not alot of slang. The main slang I say would be "naw".

Not nerdy qualities: Decently social, striking up conversations with strangers at times. Lazy. No problems talking to girls(that whole stumbling over words or sounding retarded phenomenon, when talking to an attractive girl, never happens to me) - alot of female friends. Pretty confident, head up, walk slow and leisurely, do not shy away from looking random people in the eye. I look athletic, random people have asked me if I play a sport for my college.(I'm currently pretty out of shape in terms of cardio, so I wouldn't say I am athletic lol, I only look it) Get complimented a lot on how I went from skinny to "Diesel"; those type of compliments annoy me now. Play 2-3 hours of basketball, at times. Muscular, work out three days a week. Girls pursue me, at times. I can dance. I do not like Star Trek, Star Wars, The Lord of the Rings, ect.(except the newest Star Trek was really good) Lazy. Put myself in potentially socially awkward situations - such as I went to a Zumba class, where I was 1 of only 2 guys in a room full of like 20 girls. We were all shaking our asses(seriously, that's all Zumba is). Culturally adventurous, I go salsa dancing with hispanic friends(and joined the Salsa Club), my Vietnamese friends dragged me to their VSA events, Tet Festival, Moonlight Festival, and I was part of the club as their only black guy lol.

EDIT: Not sure if this is nerdy, but I love eating at like my school Cafeteria alone. I love thinking and reflecting about my day as I jam to my ipod, while enjoying my food without the extra distraction of having to talk to someone. Too lazy to look for someone I know and then make conversation with them lol. Not sure if this is common, because when I see people eating alone, they tend to look up hopefully whenever someone passes by the corner of their eye. I usually sit there, eat, and smile to myself. And, oh, walk around like I own the Cafeteria.

Essentially, I'm a closet nerd. But, at my university, basically everyone's either a nerd or a closet nerd.

#15 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

My Nerdy Qualities...

1. First-off... High-grade glasses
  2. Ethnicity? A-S-I-A-N
  3. My degree - BS Computer Science. MS in IT -Software Engineering
  4. I am proficient in 4 languages, intermediate in 3, and am starting to learn 2 (not including programming languages and fictional languages)
  5. My hobby is drawing... Comicbook characters... And showing it off to my friends
  6. I have a fairly working knowledge of SW expanded universe
  7. I have a fairly working knowledge of Tolkiens world outside The Lord of the Rings
  8. I have 12 complete comicbook-based series
  9. I have 39 complete anime series
  10. Over 50 comicbook-based movies
  11. I collect toys.. Not action figures... I play with them... so toys... And I'm in my mid-20s
  12. Video games... Video games everywhere...
  13. My daily workout? Kinect or PS Move
  14. I take Karate and Taekwondo and brag about it (yeah people.. that's nerdy!)
  15. I'm on comicvine.. C'mon... We're all geeks here. Not all stereotyped geeks but geeks nonetheless.

My non-nerdy qualities

1. I have a gorgeous hot fiance
  2. Failed some of my subjects back in Uni
  3. People call me bully
  4. I like to drink and party
  5. I laugh at trekkies... Though this might just be because of my SW fanboyism.. Nyehehe!
#16 Edited by Girth (1041 posts) - - Show Bio

For me it would be a 6.

#17 Posted by lykopis (10756 posts) - - Show Bio

Privately, very nerdy.

Publicly, not very.

#18 Posted by God_Spawn (37379 posts) - - Show Bio

Nerd qualities

• Comics
  • syfy channel.
  • I like Star Wars.

Non-nerd qualities

• Play plenty of sports
  • I consider myself generally fit due to being a personal trainer and avid weightlifter
  • Don't have much of a problem with talking with people.
  • I've been asked to be a male model a few times.
  • Generally I'm pretty out going and I tend to get along with most people.
  • I've been called a bully, arrogant and an asshole plenty of times.
#19 Posted by TDK_1997 (14474 posts) - - Show Bio

I read comic comic books and I like sci-fi a lot.Star Wars fan.And that's it basically.

I play a lot of sports,have a lot of friends,I don't have a problem with talking with people and I have never been bullied.Actually I have been a bully to guys I don't like and been called a lot of bad names sometimes.

#20 Posted by fojtikbt (94 posts) - - Show Bio

@Batnandez: Someone that might skateboard a lot and listens to lots of indie music.

#21 Posted by Batnandez (511 posts) - - Show Bio

listening to indie music whatever that is nowadays doesn't make you a hipster, the first rule of hipsterdom is that yu can't self identify as a hipster\

now if you said my friends say I look like a hipster skater and I was like whatever then you would be a hipster skater, you also can't say liking indie music makes you a hipster a hipster would have said I listen to a lot of bands most people have never heard of but it's whatever

#22 Posted by Joesoef95 (315 posts) - - Show Bio

Nerdy qualities:

1. Comic fan
  2. Gamer
  3. Not good at any sports
  4. Somewhat socially awkward
  5. A bit overweight (5'7", 149 lbs)
  6. ASIAN
  7. Have asthma
But I still don't consider myself a nerd, mainly because nerds are smart and not lazy lol
#23 Posted by RedQueen (1171 posts) - - Show Bio

@guttridgeb said:

How many nerd stereotypes do you fit.

I think I fit most of them apart from:

• I don't like anime (apart from Pokemon and Yu Gi Oh but thats more nostalgia than anything else)
  • I don't like Star Trek
  • I don't collect action figures (though I would like to, I just cannot afford it)

I like some anime, specifically Bleach.

I did have a huge Star Trek phase; learned Klingon and everything....... yeah. Though most of that's now gone out of my system. Won't stop me from going to see the new Star Trek film when it's released though.

....But, I don't collect Action figures. Or watch cartoons.... apart from the aforementioned Bleach.

For others;

I read comics religiously, and attend conventions.

I play a heck of a lot of video games, and hype them up a lot. I'm a huge Elder Scrolls fan, so last year I had a big Skyrim thing going on. Attend Cons.

Huge Lord of the Rings fan, and Star Wars...and Doctor Who. (Not so much the latest Doctor...David Tennant was awesome.)

Geek at school - extracurricular classes left, right and centre. Currently studying Psychology at university.

Film fanatic.

Love to write and draw. Currently working on my own comic, which is going very slowly.

And I read...a lot.

Saying all that; I have a great social life, partly due to attending university and making some awesome friends. I stay fit, and do a lot of sports (snowboarding is a favourite). Love going to music concerts (symphonic rock mostly). Consider myself somewhat extroverted, which is partly again due to my uni course (which is encouraged). Find it easy to talk to people/have had boyfriends. e.t.c. e.t.c.

So.....a 7? 8?

#24 Posted by guttridgeb (4831 posts) - - Show Bio

@fojtikbt said:

@Batnandez: Someone that might skateboard a lot and listens to lots of indie music.

Listening to indie music does not make you a hipster. I listen to the Smiths a lot and I am definitely not a hipster

#25 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (19951 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm a 7.5

I'm a general nerd at everything. I have basic knowledge on practically everything. Comic books, anime, video games, movies, and specialize in my favorite areas.

• Dragon Ball Z
  • Deadpool
  • Hulk
  • Watchmen
  • Jason Todd
  • Star Wars
  • Halo
  • Zombie Survival (as well as all books by Max Brooks)
  • Hunter Zolomon
  • Eoboard Thawne

"Be water my friend"

#26 Posted by The_Thunderer (2894 posts) - - Show Bio

What makes me nerdy:

• Sizeable knowledge of Thor, Superman and Aquaman.
  • Lots of knowledge of Tolkien's world in and outside the books.
  • Decent sw knowledge.

What makes me not nerdy:

• I own less than 10 comics, no action figures and very little merchandise.
  • I have only been to 1 comicbook store, and have only read less than 50 comics.
  • I am sporty.
  • I don't have many friends who like comics, and have told very few people that I like them.
#27 Posted by icysloth (1305 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Thunderer said:

What makes me nerdy:

• Sizeable knowledge of Thor, Superman and Aquaman.
  • Lots of knowledge of Tolkien's world in and outside the books.
  • Decent sw knowledge.

What makes me not nerdy:

• I own less than 10 comics, no action figures and very little merchandise.
  • I have only been to 1 comicbook store, and have only read less than 50 comics.
  • I am sporty.
  • I don't have many friends who like comics, and have told very few people that I like them.

I used to be really secretive about reading comics, but know that I am in college I don't care. Its cool its a unique and eclectic Hobby and people want your input with the whole superhero movie thing.

#28 Posted by The_Thunderer (2894 posts) - - Show Bio

@icysloth: I tell my guy friends, not girls though. I am not embarrassed, its just that its not the best pick up line

#29 Posted by icysloth (1305 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Thunderer said:

@icysloth: I tell my guy friends, not girls though. I am not embarrassed, its just that its not the best pick up line

Yeah its not a pickupline for sure, but girls see it as interesting. On the female note, I am really happy I recently got my girlfriend to finally reading the sandman.

#30 Posted by Katie24 (488 posts) - - Show Bio

Nerd Qualities:

• I read comics
  • I read books
  • I do not watch TV
  • I play table top RPG's
  • I LARP
  • I'm a huge X-Files fan
  • I'm really into politics
  • I like to paint miniatures and I'm pretty good at it.
  • I'm married to a ninja firefighter (guilt by association!)
  • I have food allergies
  • I have weird pets
  • I do martial arts (just started)
  • I play Magic the Gathering
  • I have a degree in engineering.
  • I have a social anxiety disorder

Non-Nerd Qualities:

• I'm pretty impressive with a gun
  • I played sports in high school
  • I make a mean cocktail
  • I can play the guitar
  • I like hiking, backpacking and fishing
  • I've been in a fight and won

So yeah I'm pretty nerdy. :(

#31 Posted by Batnandez (511 posts) - - Show Bio

@guttridgeb said:

@fojtikbt said:

Listening to indie music does not make you a hipster. I listen to the Smiths a lot and I am definitely not a hipster

A. I didn't say that, he did. B. The Smiths does not count as hipster music.

#32 Posted by guttridgeb (4831 posts) - - Show Bio

@Batnandez said:

@guttridgeb said:

@fojtikbt said:

A. I didn't say that, he did. B. The Smiths does not count as hipster music.

Sorry, I accidently quoted you instead of fojtikbt.

#33 Posted by fojtikbt (94 posts) - - Show Bio

@guttridgeb: I don't mean any offense towards people that listen to Indie music, I just know some people that really like it and refer to themselves as 'hipsters'.

#34 Posted by mrtrickster (2307 posts) - - Show Bio

I come to this site, so pretty nerdy if you ask me
def above 5

#35 Posted by guttridgeb (4831 posts) - - Show Bio

@fojtikbt: You just said it as if everyone who listens to indie music is a hipster. Sorry if I'm being crabby, I didn't mean to be.

#36 Posted by TERMINATORXX (3899 posts) - - Show Bio

&

#37 Posted by laflux (14317 posts) - - Show Bio

non nerdy

love hip hop r and b grime

fairly athletic, six pack, do gym alot

BLACK ;)

been in a few fights over the years and won a fair few too

best friend ATM is a girl

had a few girlfriends

lazy

Nerdy

On comic-vine 24/7

Love anime

Fairly smart I got an offer into Oxford but didn't quite make the grades

Like alternate rock music too @guttridgeb: I'm a massive smiths fan too. What's your favorite song.

Doing biology in a Russell group university

Slightly introverted around new guys, but really talk-active around friends

British

So id say anywhere from 4-6

#38 Posted by guttridgeb (4831 posts) - - Show Bio

@Katie24: What does LARP mean? I read that intially as Laugh At Rapist Photos and I'm guessing that isn't it ;)

#39 Posted by Joygirl (18795 posts) - - Show Bio

I think the only stereotypes I don't fit are that I'm not that out of shape, don't have acne (anymore), don't wear glasses, and am bad at math.

#40 Edited by guttridgeb (4831 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux: that's are hard question but I'd probably say The Queen Is Dead. Its the song that first got me liking them. How about you?

#41 Posted by fojtikbt (94 posts) - - Show Bio

@guttridgeb: I apologize for making it sound that way. I didn't intend to make it sound like anyone who listens to Indie is a hipster, because that isn't true.

#42 Posted by Katie24 (488 posts) - - Show Bio

@guttridgeb: Live Action Role Playing

#43 Posted by laflux (14317 posts) - - Show Bio

@guttridgeb said:

@laflux: that's are hard question but I'd probably say The Queen Is Dead. Its the song that first got me liking them. How about you?

probably at the moment this charming man but these things take time are growing on me too.

#44 Posted by guttridgeb (4831 posts) - - Show Bio

@Katie24: Ah, that makes much more sense

#45 Edited by Tyrannotaur (288 posts) - - Show Bio

Let's see..

Non-nerdy

1. I'm really lazy.
  2. I have failed a class before.
  3. I like a wide variety of music except for hard core Metal, gangsta Rap, most R&B, Boy bandish pop and most Country. (I'm not sure if this really falls into Non Nerdy, but w/e).
  4. I am a member of a gym and do workout when I can. Still not in the best of shape thanks to my diet though. Mainly joined the Gym for health reasons however.
  5. I absolutely suck at math.

Nerdy

1. I'm on a Comic Forum talking about how Nerdy I am. ;)
  2. I read and enjoy comic books.
  3. I play video games regularly. Of which I avoid Sports games and military shooters except for Halo as that has a decent story.
  4. I collect Transformers, Super hero figures/ statues, pokemon minatures, video game figures/statues, among other things.
  5. I have well over 200 DVDs, most of which are action or sci-fi related.
  6. I enjoy anime. I am no where near Otaku level of fandom though.
  7. When I have the money, I want to get a Triforce tattoo.
  8. I am a big fan of Transformers, Pokemon, Marvel and DC comics, Zelda, Mass Effect/Dragon Age, among other things. I was big into Star Wars as a kid, but fell out of it as of late.
  9. My wardrobe consists of shorts or jeans and a nerdy shirt with the occasional nerdy hat.
  10. I am socially awkward and quiet in public, but kind of a crazy person at home or with friends.
  11. I wear glasses for distance. My whole family has poor eyesight though for the most part.

I'd say I'm a nerd/geek/whathaveyou lol

#46 Edited by RedQueen (1171 posts) - - Show Bio

@icysloth said:

@The_Thunderer said:

I used to be really secretive about reading comics, but know that I am in college I don't care. Its cool its a unique and eclectic Hobby and people want your input with the whole superhero movie thing.

Ditto. No way would I have been open about reading comics at High School. Uni on the other hand... (and it's a great conversation starter) :p

@laflux said:

Nerdy

British

Wait...that counts as a nerdy quality? Dam....definitely an 8 or 9 now.

#47 Posted by StMichalofWilson (3693 posts) - - Show Bio

Non-nerdy

I'm really lazy. Still exercise to keep myself healthy.

Enjoy a wide variety of music, especially the classics.

Nerdy

I'm here right?!

I read and enjoy comic books.

I play video games.

My hobby is collecting comic books

I enjoy a few anime(Dragon Ball Z for example)

A big fan of Star Wars, Star Trek, Lord of the Rings, Game of Thrones, DC Comics, Marvel Comics, and many more.

#48 Posted by Deadite (21196 posts) - - Show Bio

I know I'm a 10.

#49 Posted by Strafe Prower (11887 posts) - - Show Bio

#50 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know...