#1 Posted by pooty (11031 posts) - - Show Bio

What traits, qualities, mannerisms, interest, appearance do you get from each one of your parents? I'll start:

mom: financial budgeting

dad: interest in spiritual things

#2 Posted by HBKTimHBK (5242 posts) - - Show Bio

Mom: Independence, Skin Tone, Height

Dad: Temper?

#3 Posted by Strafe Prower (11887 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not like my parents.

#4 Posted by ComicMan24 (147080 posts) - - Show Bio

I share a lot of traits with my dad although some come from my mom.

#5 Posted by slacker the hacker (7835 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm a lot like my Uncle and my second Cousin.

Sadly my Uncle passed away this year.

#6 Posted by _Zombie_ (10394 posts) - - Show Bio

Mom: Depression, Anxiety, Hair, Eyes, Honesty

Dad: Temper, Impatience, Interest in cars

#7 Posted by PowerHerc (83333 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm quite a bit like my parents; good and bad traits alike.

#8 Posted by TDK_1997 (14698 posts) - - Show Bio

Mom:Shy,smart,sensetive.

Dad:Temper,my look,height.

#9 Posted by GodOfMischief (641 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think I really share any traits, I look more like my mum but I'm tall like my dad. But thats about it as far as physical traits go, I'm not really like any of them at all.

#10 Edited by Strider92 (16284 posts) - - Show Bio

Mom: calm in nearly any situation, general happy temperament, my every now and then temper

Dad: height (although i'm much taller than my dad -.o), my general hatred of anything academic, logical thinking

Everything else good and bad seems to just be me lol.

#11 Posted by Sexy Merc (42072 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm pretty dissimilar from them on the surface, or if you don't really know me well enough. I could write a lot about this, but just in general ...

My interest in sports comes from my dad. He was more of a nerdy type of guy (not with things like comic books or video games), with an athletic build. He was just more interested in the academics, but was a sports nut. Both of my parents are above average height for their gender, and I'm pretty tall myself.

Financially, it's a mix. I'm not much of a spender, and I save a lot. I budget really well though, and I think the saving comes more from my dad. Social skills are definitely more related to mom, if I had to relate them. As far as friends though, I have an amazing group of individuals I consider friends, but a more tightly knit circle within that, and I think that's more reminiscent of my dad. There's really only four guys he usually always hangs out with, and I learned early on that having a lot of friends would be beneficial in aspects like connections and if we'd ever cross paths in the future for something important (job related), but I only really trust that circle of friends with things no one else knows about me. Even with them, I don't tell them everything, and like time to myself just for solace (I'm an ambivert, and I probably got the qualities of an extrovert from my mom, and introvert from my dad).

Well, there are some more things, but overall I learned about the similarities when I matured. If you asked me this when I was in the ninth grade, I would have probably said nothing was alike.

#12 Posted by God_Spawn (37718 posts) - - Show Bio

I share a lot of traits from my parents as I don't necessarily have one aspect that is just similar to one of them.

#13 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm alot like my parents and I notice it all the time, but I have a hard time conveying it into words. It is weird little things I catch that remind me that I am.

#14 Posted by mikethekiller (8392 posts) - - Show Bio

Well um...I'm black and they're black...so um yeah...

#15 Posted by RoboShark (1208 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm like my Mom in that I'm pretty chill and laid back. Have Dad's hardhead'dness and when we drink we say stuff over and over lol.

#16 Posted by YoungJustice (6794 posts) - - Show Bio

N/A

#17 Posted by Owie (3696 posts) - - Show Bio

Why are Pooty's random questions so much more interesting than everyone else's random questions?

Yes, I certainly follow in their footsteps in various ways.  Money management, studiousness, trying to be helpful and courteous to people, ambitious, probably a lack of social skills!  And all of the same from my grandmother, but even moreso, as well.

#18 Posted by Jeanniebird (115 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm the female clone of my dad.

#19 Posted by Xanni15 (6758 posts) - - Show Bio

Not very much at all, actually. I'm pretty laid back and they're very outgoing and social.

#20 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20155 posts) - - Show Bio

Nothing other than my descent.

#21 Posted by Dracade102 (8167 posts) - - Show Bio

I get my looks from my father's side, and his temper as I've been told... But other than that I'm more of an opposite of my parents than anything.