How many people can control there dreams?

• 61 results
Manchine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Manchine

I use to be able to all the time but I sorta let this go. I only can do it every once and a while now a days.

A lot of times I would realise I was dreaming and do whatever I wanted. Of course I have had a random dream, realise I am dreaming, change the dream, forget that I am dreaming then, let random stuff happen, figure out hey I am dreaming again, and change it again.

What about you? I know people can do it but not on a regular bases like I use to. Is there anyone else out there like me that can do it on a regular bases.

Shadow Shot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Shadow Shot

Lucid dreaming.

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By HolySerpent

I'm only able to change my dream when I'm having a nightmare...or I simply wake up from the nightmare

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By HolySerpent

The nightmare is so terrifying I realize that I must be dreaming either i change a little bit or just wake up

Bigheart711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Bigheart711

Most of the time when I'm asleep, I can be able to alter my dreams, even when having a nightmare, but in some cases, I'm unable to change anything.

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

I've trained myself to either become Spider-Man or always have a shotgun in dreams where I feel threatened. This is after years and years of horrific nightmares. 

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By Billy Batson

meh, rarely dream.

BB

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By nickthedevil

You can just go lucid dreaming.

TheGoldenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#10  Edited By TheGoldenOne
Sometimes.
jeanlucpicard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By jeanlucpicard

Nope, but I sometimes have some really cool dreams lol.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By SC

The best way to try and lucid dream, is to keep a dream journal and detail you dreams. Then to also pick up a habit that involves checking out changing numbers (like a clock, or watch) and or light control, as in flicking off and on a light switch. Twice. Just now and then randomly. Do it enough you might have the compulsion to do this in your dream, and in dreams, time and light works differently, so if you look at a clock in your dream, and its 8 pm, then you look at it a second later, it will probably be something like 10 30 am. Or it might be blurry. Light switch probably won't work either. So hopefully you don't wake up and you also realize your dreaming, and god, and create 360 vision and then go fly to the moon and eat it as you turn into a 75 thousand foot super giant, then punch Robot Hitler's head off. The ride a Autumn Dragon with 999 wings. Though a caramel mousse cloud. 

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator
Whenever I dream, I never realize I'm dreaming, no matter how farfetched it is, at the time, It's reality. 
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14  Edited By Static Shock

You can actually train yourself to control your dreams.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#15  Edited By Strider1992

I can't control my dreams as such but I can change the nature of it. For example if i'm having a nightmare I can change it to something else. I can also wake myself up if I don't like what i'm dreaming about but everything else is out of my control (what I dream about to begin with, what it changes to etc....)

Avatar image for grandsymbiote94
GrandSymbiote94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By GrandSymbiote94

One time I had a dream I was fighting that Dragon from Ocarina of time. I realized I was dreaming and I dreamed up the hammer to beat it... The hammer was too heavy and I woke up.

Avatar image for thespiritstalker
TheSpiritStalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#17  Edited By TheSpiritStalker

I have absolutely no powers in terms of controlling my dreams...

Chaos Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Chaos Prime

Only been able to do it the once & jeez wot a dream that was.

Avatar image for sesquipedalophobe
sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Most of my dreams involve eating as much food as I possibly can. I can't see where lucid dreaming becomes helpful.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#20  Edited By InnerVenom123

I rarely dream.

I wish I could lucid dream, though.

Avatar image for hydrabob--defunct
hydrabob--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

I seem to remember there being a thread just like this a while ago.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#22  Edited By Deranged Midget

I wish I could remember my dreams...

Shadow_Thief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Shadow_Thief

I don't dream. I can control YOURS, though. ;)

Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#24  Edited By Supreme Marvel

When I was a kid I could do it all the time. I can still do it now, but nowhere near the amount of times I could do it.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By SC
@lykopis said:

@SC said:

The best way to try and lucid dream, is to keep a dream journal and detail you dreams. Then to also pick up a habit that involves checking out changing numbers (like a clock, or watch) and or light control, as in flicking off and on a light switch. Twice. Just now and then randomly. Do it enough you might have the compulsion to do this in your dream, and in dreams, time and light works differently, so if you look at a clock in your dream, and its 8 pm, then you look at it a second later, it will probably be something like 10 30 am. Or it might be blurry. Light switch probably won't work either. So hopefully you don't wake up and you also realize your dreaming, and god, and create 360 vision and then go fly to the moon and eat it as you turn into a 75 thousand foot super giant, then punch Robot Hitler's head off. The ride a Autumn Dragon with 999 wings. Though a caramel mousse cloud.

Autumn Dragon is the BEST, amirite?

Verily.  Though you are always right.

Although Dancer Dragon, and Toffee Caramel Dragon, and Gold and Jade Crepes Dragon are all pretty sweet as, as well.
cracker_jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By cracker_jack

I can control it during sexual dreams.

shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#27  Edited By shanana

I can for the first few moments of sleep but once I enter deep sleep I cant

Feral Nova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Feral Nova  Moderator

I did ONCE... and it was epic... but since then... nope

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Primmaster64

Lucid Dreaming?

VictorGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By VictorGrey

Don't seem to recall it, never knew it can happen anyway.

Enemybird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Enemybird

I never had complete control... but yes to an extent ive controlled dreams.

Phylos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Phylos

i can control my dreams once in a while. the latest dream was when i developed teleporting/wormhole-esque abilities, it was ****ing spectacular. was also able to shift my environment, all i had to do was ask myself, as weird as that sounds lol.

Pistolwhip1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Pistolwhip1
@Phylos said:

i can control my dreams once in a while. the latest dream was when i developed teleporting/wormhole-esque abilities, it was ****ing spectacular. was also able to shift my environment, all i had to do was ask myself, as weird as that sounds lol.

Morpheus is not amused.
Croaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Croaker

When I bother to keep and read a dream journal and do reality tests, it happens. But for whatever reason it takes many days. I used to try it really hard, but got bored. I'd say I've had about 20 completely lucid dreams in my lifetime over 9 years. That's not a lot.

Manchine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Manchine

Interesting. So it is kinda rare but with training people can do it. When I was younger a lot of my dreams turned into sexual dreams. My nightmares were a little harder to control I did noticed that.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By buttersdaman000

I always know i'm dreaming. Its actually really weird....like my consciousness is aware of my sleep/dreaming. I guess it's why I can pretty much wake up to almost any sound unless I consciously choose to ignore it.

.....But then again, there are those nights when i'm just gone, where nothing will wake me up lol (Only times when I dont remember dreaming, just blackness)

moywar700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By moywar700

I realize I was dreaming by saying "omg I'm dreaming."

I got excited and was awaken but my eyes were still close. I was like damn it

Omega Ray Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 5

#38  Edited By Omega Ray Jay

I can get the ball rolling but then they just kinda go off into there own thing

venomyak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By venomyak

I seem to have limited control over my dreams. The times when I've had the most power in my dreams were ironically the times I was most terrified. It was a series of dreams taking place over several months when I was in the Seventh Grade. My subconscious kept trying to come up with new nightmares for me. The first was that me and my sister were in a train yard trying to escape a black panther. We hid and ran but couldn't shake it, so realizing it was a dream I made Bigfoot come running over the hill and tackle the panther. The next dream was that I had to try to protect some kid named Jasper from what was apparently a storm trying to kill him. We started on the edge of town and ran to my house in the center of town where we were of course attacked by vampires. It being a dream and all I ripped the first vampire in half and bit the second ones head off. Then the storm hit but, I teleported us to Wal-mart, I win subconscious. Then I had a dream that I was attacked by a massive dragon. I flew away and escaped. My subconscious responded with a foe I could neither attack nor run-away from. My little sister possessed by a super-powerful demon and threatening to kill my grandma. I couldn't hurt her, she was still my little sister, but I couldn't leave my grandma to die. She said she'd let her go if I came back so I did. The dream switches to third person as I stand outside the house. I make no move to fight back as she leaps at me and snaps my neck. Then as the dream continues she burns down the town. I haven't won a nightmare since.

ImmortalOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By ImmortalOne

I wish I could... it sounds awesome to control your dream, and do whatever you want.

However, I can't. I dream in 3rd person, so it's like I'm watching myself in a movie. I have no control in my dreams.

jobiwankenobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By jobiwankenobi

Sometimes and it depends. If it's a nightmare I either wake up (which seems to be my most common reaction when I realize I'm dreaming) or I make something ridiculous happen.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bf70359d2dd1
deactivated-5bf70359d2dd1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If I do, I never realize it. If that makes sense.

superstay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By superstay

I have before.......but I'm not getting into detail about the dream or what I controlled. d^_^b

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By WARLOCK2792

I was going to be killed in my dream......then it turned into erotica..........that's how I learned how to control my dreams...........and my my serial killers extra sexy

Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Son Of Storm

@White Mage said:

I was going to be killed in my dream......then it turned into erotica..........that's how I learned how to control my dreams...........and my my serial killers extra sexy

LMAO!

Only you.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@Son Of Storm said:

@White Mage said:

LMAO!

Only you.

I also learned how to fly, AFTER falling down an endless set of stairs.........which didn't even hurt btw

Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Son Of Storm

@White Mage said:

@Son Of Storm said:

@White Mage said:

LMAO!

Only you.

I also learned how to fly, AFTER falling down an endless set of stairs.........which didn't even hurt btw

Hey I had a dream I was being chased by the x-men because I was actually Storm's son but I was a bad apple. I mean they were all there. Emma, Scott, Logan, Iceman. Everybody........except Storm. Guess she couldn't take out her kid. But to get to the point I tried to summon a damn lightning bolt and I couldn't. I was like trying to rip my tongue out. I only managed a few sparks...............then I woke up. And strangely there was a thunderstorm outside.

One of the few dreams I remember in detail.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@Son Of Storm said:

@White Mage said:

@Son Of Storm said:

@White Mage said:

LMAO!

Only you.

Hey I had a dream I was being chased by the x-men because I was actually Storm's son but I was a bad apple. I mean they were all there. Emma, Scott, Logan, Iceman. Everybody........except Storm. Guess she couldn't take out her kid. But to get to the point I tried to summon a damn lightning bolt and I couldn't. I was like trying to rip my tongue out. I only managed a few sparks...............then I woke up. And strangely there was a thunderstorm outside.

One of the few dreams I remember in detail.

When I was a weeeeee little child, I used to have dreams of floods and intense, powerful running water................then, when I woke up, my dreams would come true..............."No beverages after 8", my mother would say.............she was a fool to think that I would follow such ludicrous rules..............So, whenever asked about my "floods", I simply followed the Old Testament......and blamed God

goodguy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By goodguy24

I had a dream just a couple of months ago. If not almost 2 months. ago that I fell off a balcony, I landed on the ground and I died. first death was like a knock out, then I saw nothing but white, then I woke up. Thats how I know how to control my dreams.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@goodguy24 said:

I had a dream just a couple of months ago. If not almost 2 months. ago that I fell off a balcony, I landed on the ground and I died. first death was like a knock out, then I saw nothing but white, then I woke up. Thats how I know how to control my dreams.

.........................................That's not controlling your dreams at all!