How many of you would watch a Skyrim movie trilogy?

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

What I mean by that is, the Skyrim main storyline split into roughly three movies, or maybe just one movie if it could all fit.

Would you watch a Dragonborn live action movie? I definitely would.

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Dragonborn_CT

Avatar image for the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk
The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Depends if they did it well or not.

Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#4  Edited By Supreme Marvel

Yes I would. Very much so. Me LOVE dragons!

OptimusPalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By OptimusPalm
Pope052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Without a doubt..

I don't think i'd turn down a movie based on a game that I have spent 550+ hours on it, don't ask...

Mercules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe?... The campaign in Skyrim, heck, in any Elder Scrolls for that fact is lazy. All the Elder Scrolls are wicked fun! but the story is pretty average.

If I watched it, it'd be for the action.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe?... The campaign in Skyrim, heck, in any Elder Scrolls for that fact is lazy. All the Elder Scrolls are wicked fun! but the story is pretty average.

If I watched it, it'd be for the action.

To be fair, they can't make the story and cutscenes quite as advanced as they could make it in a movie because they're held back by the games capabilities.

Mercules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Mercules

@i_like_swords: That's true, but I'm not talking about such things as cutscenes I mean the actual writing. It's not a badly written story, just lack luster. I will give it up to Oblivion and Skyrim their stories were slightly better than the older games.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords: That's true, but I'm not talking about such things as cutscenes I mean the actual writing. It's not a badly written story, just lack luster. I will give it up to Oblivion and Skyrim their stories were slightly better than the older games.

I think the dialogue with the Greybeards, Paarthurnax and Alduin was great. The Blades left a lot to be desired, I'll give you that. Still, I think it'd be better in live action.

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

nope, it would not be as entertaining as me just playing the game

Mercules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords: That's a good point. The elder mentors and all that did make things interesting, but they could have done a lot with it. Besides the fact that getting the the Greybeards was a trial, all they really did was finish your Fus Ro Dah spell. It would have been nice if you could go back to them to learn secret fighting styles, spells, long forgotten shouts, and stuff like that.

I agree though, in live action, with a little writing corrections it'd make a great action flick.

Otherwise, it'd be like the new Dredd or Battleship movies.. Wicked awesome because of all the shootouts violence and such but the story in Dredd was literally this:

A judge and his apprentice go to a Megablock, find out a gang is there, take it upon themselves to stop this gang, and do so. <-- that's literally it. No twist, no intricacy, just that. lol.

Still the movie was awesome.

OptimusPalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By OptimusPalm

@i_like_swords: That's a good point. The elder mentors and all that did make things interesting, but they could have done a lot with it. Besides the fact that getting the the Greybeards was a trial, all they really did was finish your Fus Ro Dah spell. It would have been nice if you could go back to them to learn secret fighting styles, spells, long forgotten shouts, and stuff like that.

I agree though, in live action, with a little writing corrections it'd make a great action flick.

Otherwise, it'd be like the new Dredd or Battleship movies.. Wicked awesome because of all the shootouts violence and such but the story in Dredd was literally this:

A judge and his apprentice go to a Megablock, find out a gang is there, take it upon themselves to stop this gang, and do so. <-- that's literally it. No twist, no intricacy, just that. lol.

Still the movie was awesome.

And even that was done better in The Raid

Mercules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By SheenLantern

Err....Why not just an Elder Scrolls trilogy?

Avatar image for vercingetorixthegreat
VercingetorixTheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@omnibeast: I liked Morrowind's story.

Anyway I don't know about a Skyrim story because I have beaten the game about 4 times and the main quest was decent at best (Blades were very underdeveloped) but it had some AMAZING adventures like Blackreach and Sovngarde. I'd still see it because its Elder Scrolls

I would want a movie about the Great War or Talos and his campaigns. Heck they can come up with another story as long as its set in the amazing world of Tamriel (or even Akavir or Atmora) so pretty much it has to be set in the universe of the Elder Scrolls

Mercules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vercingetorixthegreat: Oh man a movie about the Great War would have been amazing. This movie could do a lot. It could be about the 200 years b/w the Oblivion timeline and the Skyrim timeline. It could be about the three clans raging war over the land of Tamriel before the empire was yet up. It could do a lot. A movie about the original Mages guild and the banning of Necromancy.

Avatar image for vercingetorixthegreat
VercingetorixTheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@omnibeast: If they can make 7 Star Wars Movies and 12 Star Trek movies they can probably make 20 Elder scrolls movies haha

Mercules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Mercules

@vercingetorixthegreat: Oh I agree completely! They could make a movie for every Elder scrolls game, prequel, guilds, and all that.

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 2

You'd need the GOAT Peter Jackson to do it.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would watch them.

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I think Oblivion would make a better movie

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would.

venomyak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Out of the hundreds of dragonborns the player could make which one would they choose?

Also I think dawngaurd would make for a better movie than the main story.

reignmaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#25  Edited By reignmaker

Haven't played any of the Elder Scrolls games except that spinoff adventure game called Redguard. Anyone heard of it? I was always under the impression that Elder Scrolls RPGs were more on about open world exploring and less about story.

That's why I've been more of a Baldur's Gate/Dragon Age: Origins fan myself. Not Dragon Age 2. That thing was an abomination.

Back on topic, I'd watch it if IMDb told me it was worth it.

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

If they were done well.

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10