• 72 results
#1 Posted by Living_Monstrosity (428 posts) - - Show Bio

#2 Posted by Walzo (4355 posts) - - Show Bio

CV forums won't die.

Also, it has nothing to do with the mods.

#3 Posted by JonSmith (4007 posts) - - Show Bio

I voted E to be mean.

#4 Posted by Inverno (13330 posts) - - Show Bio

????

#5 Posted by Bruxae (14008 posts) - - Show Bio

Why do I get the feeling the OP have issues with a mod? (Obviously trying to mask it with a few extra options)

#6 Posted by Raizex (354 posts) - - Show Bio

As long as you want it to be.

#7 Edited by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

Imagine me clicking the post button, forever.

#8 Posted by _Zombie_ (10462 posts) - - Show Bio

Is this because of the site update? If so, this is outright juvenile.

#9 Posted by TheSecondOpinion (614 posts) - - Show Bio
@Living_Monstrosity  said: 

How long until Comicvine forums are dead?

Depends really. Whiskey was apparently loosing money through Comicvine that it was bought off by CBS. We saw the decline of activity at around late 2009. In 2010, you can tell the site was going bad because the site started advertising and added payed membership to the website. Most internet sites that started off as experiment via new and innovated online companies are being bought off by major media corporations now so they can stay up. Not a lot of users here that are new know that this site belongs to CBS. But how does this help the site? It's through the  advertisements . The site is a bridge to your internet activities and through the cookies these info is collected and sold. The payed membership is just an add-on to generate and to be fair every once in awhile, you get something out of it. A T-Shirt, a cap, the latest issue of some comic. From what I remember, Comicvine did great with the incline starting from late 2006 and sky rocketing 2007 up to 2008. these were the times when you hit the "Who's Online button (it used to be kept at the bottom of the page via live tracker) there would be 10 pages of active users around the forums. Today we can barely maintain 2 pages within a certain time period. 3 pages, if lucky. Remember Final Arrow and Mistress Redhead? They were  moderating  about the time at the start of the recession. The rules changed and with this change, it kind of scared new potential users away. Unique users. Not that I'm blaming them because I'm not. "The circle" were pushing this idea on them. Complaining about this and complaining about that. Most notably, it forced Arrow to ban "Anime vs Comic" even when both are  essentially  the same thing. A lot of potential users (and old) were discourage and left. Now that there are even more moderators around, some wanted to make up their own separate rules that would conflict with either the old or the others. They later settled this issue and compiled it into one. (the Battle Forum, there used to be over 10 anchored topics on the 1st page - Now there are 4, the smaller the better, the more inviting). But the way things look now,this site will eventually loose the interest of new UNIQUE visitor vistis/log ins and all that would be left here are the same old people that's been here for the passed 7 years. This site reminds me a lot like MySpace. Lasted over 6 years from popularity and due to popularity lost its core interest which was social networking, started selling to advertising (the entire site right now is full of  advertisements ), and people still go there anyway because of music. Like here, not many log in for the forums but for the wiki. 
#10 Posted by jhazzroucher (16374 posts) - - Show Bio

it will not die. The Storm fans are immortal. : )

#11 Posted by King Saturn (224719 posts) - - Show Bio
I don't think they will die... 
#12 Posted by ComicMan24 (147115 posts) - - Show Bio

They still have a lot of time ahead of them. Trust me, CV is one of the busiest forums, I have ever seen.

#13 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

For as long as stupid people clamour to be heard, Comicvine will live.

For as long as mediocre reviews of terrible titles are lapped up like a cat drinks milk, Comicvine will live.

For as long as Marvel and DC trade integrity and good storytelling for profit, Comicvine will live.

For as long as comics exist only as advertisements for half-decent action films, Comicvine will live.

For as long as imbeciles don't use the search function, Comicvine will live.

For as long as people with opinions that consist of more than "you shud red this, coz art is gud" are banned, Comicvine will live.

Comicvine will never die.

(Cue patriotic music)

#14 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (18594 posts) - - Show Bio

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

For as long as mediocre reviews of terrible titles are lapped up like a cat drinks milk, Comicvine will live.

For as long as Marvel and DC trade integrity and good storytelling for profit, Comicvine will live.

For as long as comics exist only as advertisements for half-decent action films, Comicvine will live.

For as long as people with opinions that consist of more than "you shud red this, coz art is gud" are banned, Comicvine will live.

(Cue patriotic music)

lol

#15 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29510 posts) - - Show Bio

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

(Cue patriotic music)

#16 Posted by RazzaTazz (9698 posts) - - Show Bio

An unexpected and unnecessary criticism of the mods. In the Off Topic section? What are the forums coming to?

#17 Posted by Glitch_Spawn (17132 posts) - - Show Bio

@_Zombie_ said:

Is this because of the site update? If so, this is outright juvenile.

#18 Posted by impossibilly (892 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm always amazed by the number of topics in the CV forums that are negative right off the bat (e.g. "What comic is the worst?" and "What creator do you hate?"), but you, sir, you take the cake. Bravo?

#19 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

@impossibilly said:

I'm always amazed by the number of topics in the CV forums that are negative right off the bat (e.g. "What comic is the worst?" and "What creator do you hate?"), but you, sir, you take the cake. Bravo?

I tend to make opposites of every negative thread I see or bump the positive version if it exists.

Not sure if I can do so with this one though.

#20 Posted by guttridgeb (4832 posts) - - Show Bio

D.

How on Earth are dying forums the fault of mods?

#21 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

@guttridgeb said:

D.

Because they be bannin' Terminatorfan's alts yo.

#22 Posted by impossibilly (892 posts) - - Show Bio

@Decoy Elite said:

I tend to make opposites of every negative thread I see or bump the positive version if it exists.

That's a good habit. You get an actual "Bravo!" :)

#23 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

@impossibilly said:

@Decoy Elite said:

That's a good habit. You get an actual "Bravo!" :)

Thanks I ruin it by also making negative threads as well. Although I try to make sure they're pretty chill and not aggressive.

#24 Posted by Vance Astro (91354 posts) - - Show Bio

I never heard of a forum dying unless the owner got sued or something and had to shut it down.

#25 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro said:

I never heard of a forum dying unless the owner got sued or something and had to shut it down.

I think the user probably more of means "become stagnant".

Either way I don't see it happening here.

#26 Posted by HBKTimHBK (5259 posts) - - Show Bio

D

#27 Posted by TheCheeseStabber (8160 posts) - - Show Bio

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

(Cue patriotic music)

Harsh

But it made my dat xD

#28 Posted by guttridgeb (4832 posts) - - Show Bio

@Decoy Elite said:

@guttridgeb said:

D.

Because they be bannin' Terminatorfan's alts yo.

:O

Monsters...

#29 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

@guttridgeb: I know, and the worst part is because of a MODERATOR CONSPIRACY the update is keeping him from making new accounts.

Truly the greatest tragedy of this site.

#30 Posted by God_Spawn (38231 posts) - - Show Bio

The illumimoddy sees all.

#31 Posted by PrinceAragorn1 (19517 posts) - - Show Bio

As long as comics continue. Seriously, if you like it, you discuss it. And comic vine provides one of the best way to di so. will it change? Yes, it will, but just going dead isn't going to happen soon. Maybe next generation could find something that makes comics look uncool, and stop both reading and discussing, but either way, it isn't happening soon.

#32 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn said:

#33 Posted by guttridgeb (4832 posts) - - Show Bio

@Decoy Elite said:

@guttridgeb: I know, and the worst part is because of a MODERATOR CONSPIRACY the update is keeping him from making new accounts.

Truly the greatest tragedy of this site.

#34 Posted by Samimista (20912 posts) - - Show Bio

This site will be around and active for a very long time. It's honestly the best site I've ever been on.

#35 Posted by Pyrogram (41246 posts) - - Show Bio

#36 Posted by mk111 (3141 posts) - - Show Bio

I sure hope CV doesn't die out anytime soon.

#37 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (18594 posts) - - Show Bio

Its got a few millennia in it yet :P

#38 Posted by DarkxSeraph (672 posts) - - Show Bio

Ah, a rage post veiled with a poll.

#39 Posted by TDK_1997 (15076 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think that they will actually die.

#40 Posted by TheSecondOpinion (614 posts) - - Show Bio

The forums wouldn't literally die unless the servers go out and there are no staff to rework on the forum.

Just think about the event that took place 2 years ago with Amazon incident. If had not been for R.E.D and his staff to go through the trouble of retrieving the old cached data and repasting all the deleted files from the servers, there would be no more Comicvine.

#41 Posted by jeanlucpicard (1845 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know about you guys but isn't apple pie just awesome?

#42 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20425 posts) - - Show Bio

D.

#43 Edited by INLIFE (1600 posts) - - Show Bio

Dead Forums Walking.

That is the ultimate and most unstoppable power.

#44 Posted by laflux (17513 posts) - - Show Bio

@Decoy Elite said:

@god_spawn said:

That GIF no longer belongs to you.

#45 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux: Lol, it never did.

#46 Posted by laflux (17513 posts) - - Show Bio

@Decoy Elite said:

@laflux: Lol, it never did.

That's the spirit :)

#47 Posted by God_Spawn (38231 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux said:

@Decoy Elite said:

@god_spawn said:

That GIF no longer belongs to you.

#48 Edited by jwalser3 (5255 posts) - - Show Bio

This site has a better community then other comic forum sites I've seen. The lay out looks better, easier, over good. I can see this place going for awhile.

Also, I don't see many other sites in comic adds like I ComicVine.

#49 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6516 posts) - - Show Bio

If it does die, it'll probably just come back in a few years anyway. Happens in comics, rule might apply to the websites too.

#50 Posted by PredatorX (116 posts) - - Show Bio

@Walzo said:

CV forums won't die.

Also, it has nothing to do with the mods.