How I feel about getting DBZ Banned.

• 108 results
Wardemon32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Well personally, I HATE the DBZ fanboys that are on these forums but, I honestly don't think that they should be banned from comicvine.

Everyone has their personal opinion on things and no matter what you do or say, that guy wont change their opinions no matter what. And when you go on the forums of DBZ you always see this kind of stuff going on. I know it gets ridiculous after a while but A LOT of other people if like that with other characters

• Dr.Doom
  • Batman
  • Truthfully can't think of more right now lol....

But, we see it all the time. The main problem is that A LOT of DBZ fanboys can't really argue DBZ like how we can argue DC and Marvel. Mainly because of the fact because we can show thousands of scans but all they have is an episode lol. Hell, I can even argue DBZ better than a whole bunch of the DBZ fanboys on comicvine. But not ALL DBZ fanboys are the same way.

Take SSJLozza for example. He used to go around on forums can saying DBZ wins no matter what the senario was or who he was fighting and me and him always used to argue about this stuff. BUT, one day we decided to settle it out in a one on one(Which most people should do to end these types of arguements)

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/ssjlozza-dbz-vs-wardemon32-flash-1452456/

Here me and an admitted DBZ fanboys settled something on who wins.

Now we used to argue about this kind of stuff all the time and this ONE battle changed everything. Now he even goes on threads and say DBZ characters loses lol.

Maybe having these types of battles instead of all out public threads will be mroe helpful. Showing the faults of BOTH sides and something everyone can look back at without having everyone change subjet.

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

DBZ got banned again?

Wardemon32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@biteme_fanboy: Yup, mainly because people try to argue Bills so much and they didn't even watch the movie I guess

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

@wardemon32: More among the lines of every DBZ thread turning into a flame war with constant insults being tossed around regardless of a mod's intervention or not. As a DBZ fan myself, I wasn't happy that we had to do this as I enjoyed debating the topic on a regular basis, but unfortunately, it became too chaotic and the community just couldn't handle it maturely.

Avatar image for dark_vengeance_
Dark_Vengeance_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Dark_Vengeance_
Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Well this was to be expected. DBZ had very little ground in any kind of reality and very loose rules to begin with, so of course any arguments would get out of control.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dark_Vengeance_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You mean you haven't gotten the hang of your powers yet?

I'm just fooling around mate! :)

Avatar image for betatesthighlander1
Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

I would like to still be able to debate this ):

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

Honestly I don't mind, EVERY single DBZ thread I go into always starts off good and ends in either flames, speculative power scaling or Ad Hominem attacks. Then there's the six billion Bills threads that came out literally hours after the movie aired...in Japan.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Honestly I don't mind, EVERY single DBZ thread I go into always starts off good and ends in either flames, speculative power scaling or Ad Hominem attacks. Then there's the six billion Bills threads that came out literally hours after the movie aired...in Japan.

When ever I saw a Bills threads I lol'ed. How can you debate for him when you never even watched the movie?They use wiki entry's and trailers to try to prove how powerful Bills is.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 the_stegman  Moderator

@the_stegman said:

When ever I saw a Bills threads I lol'ed. How can you debate for him when you never even watched the movie?They use wiki entry's and trailers to try to prove how powerful Bills is.

It's utterly ridiculous.

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

<TT>!

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssejllenrad: You sir... I cannot express how fantastic that is! *bows to his epicness*

Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As someone who dislikes DB in all it's incarnation. I just say good riddance.

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By evilvegeta74

@wardemon32: I would to especially since I can pull scans straight from the manga and not tv episodes like some are led to believe. While banning fights, they might as well ban Superman and Batman fights as well, I mean there's a fanboy excuse why hey can't be defeated as well. The whole thing doesn't matter in the long run, you can withstand the chatter/hype about any fanboy's hero, including the OP's or you can't. I don't think you should whine about things like a child , just walk away from it like an adult. I'm a Thor fan but I'm not gonna rub it in your face everyday, or my dislike for some of your favorite characters regardless what universe they hail from. It's also not cool trying to explain ones self, about something that has transpired in a DBZ forum, when all in all they are seeking justification and support of those who are non DBZ fans. This thread was posted as a way for the Op to gloat, at the end of the day it doesn't matter. What should be pointed out is that OP has no power here and did not get DBZ banned , moderators run things here period. DBZ fans have a tendacy to go in overdrive and can be quite expressive, moderators stepped in to resolve an out of control situation. Another thing, why do people go in to forums and antagonize fans anyway. Maybe it's just me but, It sure seems like someone here has been on a trolling spree here.

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

BlackReaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@evilvegeta74 said:

@betatesthighlander1 said:

@wardemon32: I would to especially since I can pull scans straight from the manga and not tv episodes like some are led to believe. While banning fights, they might as well ban Superman and Batman fights as well, I mean there's a fanboy excuse why hey can't be defeated as well. The whole thing doesn't matter in the long run, you can withstand the chatter/hype about any fanboy's hero, including the OP's or you can't. I don't think you should whine about things like a child , just walk away from it like an adult. I'm a Thor fan but I'm not gonna rub it in your face everyday, or my dislike for some of your favorite characters regardless what universe they hail from. It's also not cool trying to explain ones self, about something that has transpired in a DBZ forum, when all in all they are seeking justification and support of those who are non DBZ fans. This thread was posted as a way for the Op to gloat, at the end of the day it doesn't matter. What should be pointed out is that OP has no power here and did not get DBZ banned , moderators run things here period. DBZ fans have a tendacy to go in overdrive and can be quite expressive, moderators stepped in to resolve an out of control situation. Another thing, why do people go in to forums and antagonize fans anyway. Maybe it's just me but, It sure seems like someone here has been on a trolling spree here.

But the good news is we're going to Dairy Queen!

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
StMichalofWilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 107

They dare defy DBZ?! Those bastards!!!

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#25 god_spawn  Moderator

@evilvegeta74 said:

@betatesthighlander1 said:

But the good news is we're going to Dairy Queen!

I WANNA BLIZZARD!!

Inverno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 6

#26  Edited By Inverno

*Enters thread and looks around*

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

Did Storm threads get banned when all they did was cause massive arguments?

Nope.

Funny that.

Dark_Vengeance_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deranged_midget:

So am I. I know too well that Mods work like the Earth shamans. As soon as they get their powers they have the knowledge of their ancestors. lol

InnerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By InnerSuperman

the fanboys got what they had coming

superman knocks that manga crap outa the park any day of the week.

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DBZ got banned?

Why am I not surprised....

Avatar image for redbird3rdboywonder
redbird3rdboywonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the fanboys got what they had coming

superman knocks that manga crap outa the park any day of the week.

Yeah...keep telling yourself that

Anyway as long as it's just DBZ and not manga as a whole

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#32 JediXMan  Moderator

I've called for this since anime / manga was banned in the first place. It was extremely unfair to others since DBZ was the main problem. I am glad this happened; it was a long time coming. I think this will eventually lead to better debates.

SmoothJammin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DBZ is a fine anime. It has no business on CV unfortunately.

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Personally I blame the movie and Bills,though I don't really mine since I stop being a DBZ fan when I got DEEP into what manga really was about.

I also don't mind becasue there are Manga's MILES above DBZ in terms of power and as long ani't all manga

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope.

Funny that.

Storm=ComicBook Character, thus meaning even with her annoying fans and their threads has to be tolerated while DBZ(in the eyes of everyone else,not me) is not a comic and thus not has to be tolerated.

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

YuYu Hakusho battle threads aren't good enough although its the next best thing

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#37  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

@fadetoblackbolt: The difference is though Storm is a american comic character while Goku is a manga character while some will argue that manga is a comic but in a different country,none of that matters because this site caters to american comics in perticular.Then again I can't jude how you feel about Storm threads because I was not on Vine at the time of the Storm wank.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well this is how I feel about it...

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It happens with all anime, since anime is more over the top that comics books and more popular in the mainstream.

Reading comic book, means they ahve to read, thing most of people is never going to do.

Avatar image for grandsymbiote94
GrandSymbiote94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By GrandSymbiote94

Really, I have no problem with the DBZ, people debating DBZ, or the ban in general. The only problem I have is the fanboys who moan and wine and say things like "DBZ is the only reason I come on here!!" I mean really?, if they can't debate for anything besides DBZ or contribute to the site in anyway, they should just leave and go to AnimeVice or some DBZ website.

frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After looking at most of the DBZ threads, I'm suprised it didn't get banned sooner

Loading Video...

Loading Video...

InnerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the fanboys were out of control I think they did the right thing banning it. teaches the fanboys a lesson.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#44 vance_astro  Moderator

@fadetoblackbolt said:

Nope.

Funny that.

-_-

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

@deathpoolthet1000 said:

It happens with all anime, since anime is more over the top that comics books and more popular in the mainstream.

What? Since when?

Avatar image for beautifulrevery
beautifulrevery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vance_astro: For a few years now. Anime has been pretty popular among the 18-24 demographic in comparison to comics which are still regarded as pretty nerdy and uncool despite the surge of comic book movies. Anime on the other hand seems to be picking up a lot of steam especially in the young adult black community from what I've seen.

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By russellmania77

@frogdog said:

After looking at most of the DBZ threads, I'm suprised it didn't get banned sooner

@russellmania77 said:
Loading Video...

Loading Video...

(monical clap) well played

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

@beautifulrevery said:

@vance_astro: For a few years now. Anime has been pretty popular among the 18-24 demographic in comparison to comics which are still regarded as pretty nerdy and uncool despite the surge of comic book movies.

Based on what stats? You think Anime is regarded as any less NERDY than comics? I don't see a difference as far as it's demographic and level of recognition.

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I blame the mods for not being able to control the trolls. Shame on yall. DBZ takes the blame again....

=)

Avatar image for sesquipedalophobe
sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DBZ is great, but the threads won't be missed.