User Lists: 0

Speed? No feats needed.

Iragexcudder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Eh. I don't think time or space is relevant to him so traversing is up to speculation even though he does have/had the Galactus Engine I think.. I donno

Avatar image for deactivated-627010180bd2d
deactivated-627010180bd2d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What does he need to move for?

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@racob7 said:

What does he need to move for?

To get around?

Avatar image for deactivated-627010180bd2d
deactivated-627010180bd2d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

leonkarlen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

He can probably teleport himself anywhere in space. On Earth he can only fly i belive

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@racob7 said:

@willpayton: He has that chair thing.

I'm sure sometimes he has to walk around or fly or whatever.

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Travel speeds? Surfer himself can fly at massive warp speeds, to the point where he can cross one end of the universe and reach the other in a moment, and his Power Cosmic is infinitesimal and insignificant compared to Galactus. That should say something.

However...

Eh. I don't think time or space is relevantto him so traversing is up to speculation even though he does have/had the Galactus Engine I think.. I donno

I have to agree with this.

He's a cosmic entity beyond comprehension, and a vital necessity and force of the universe.

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@racob7 said:

Yes, he walks as well.

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Shawnbaby
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Travel speeds? Surfer himself can fly at massive warp speeds, to the point where he can cross one end of the universe and reach the other in a moment, and his Power Cosmic is infinitesimal and insignificant compared to Galactus. That should say something.

However...

@iragexcudder said:

Eh. I don't think time or space is relevantto him so traversing is up to speculation even though he does have/had the Galactus Engine I think.. I donno

I have to agree with this.

He's a cosmic entity beyond comprehension, and a vital necessity and force of the universe.

I dont see how time and space are not relevant to him. Galactus is a physical being that still needs to move around and experiences change due to time passing just like most beings in the Marvel universe. He's very powerful, yes, but still a physical being.

Avatar image for symbioticspider-man
SymbioticSpider-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

Faster than the Flash

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#13 SC  Moderator

Not fast enough to avoid getting hit by Thor and Thor is has trouble with guys like Wolverine so according to feats/lack of and logic Galactus is snail level speed. Except when it comes to travels speed which is something very different. Always remember this true fact.

Iragexcudder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Iragexcudder

@sc: didn't Thor hit him while speed blitzing sorta tho?

Spiderman1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iragexcudder: Yeah he was bullrushing. He still was moving much faster than Wolverine though that's for sure.

Iragexcudder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spiderman1997: haha very true. Thors legs are the equivalent to Ricky Bobby interviews "I don't know what to do with my hands" but legs. Cuz Thor is a slouch.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 SC  Moderator

@iragexcudder: Depends what comic you are referring to and what you mean by speedblitz. My comment is mostly tongue in cheek though, because comic books are fictional medium, not a science, most writers don't consider things such as "feats" important the way some internet comic forum fans do, characters are perceived a certain way and writers tend to play at those perceptions rather than try and work out character confrontations like its maths or that characters need to prove themselves.

Iragexcudder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sc: yeas I know. Story is much more important to writers and to me especially but what I meant by speed blitz was merely Thor flying at high speeds and cracking Galacti in the dome (if that's where he hit him, I don't remember)

But yeah I agree with you

DrF8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 12

@racob7 said:

He was certainly walking in Lee's/Moebius's Silver Surfer.

No Caption Provided

Not very fast though.

Galactus might have good travel speed ( but when he is travelling he is in his space station/chair/whatever thing...so i don't know does that count for HIS travel speed ). He is rather really slow when it comes to reaction and as we see in the picture above in walking travel speed ( he is trying to catch SS in there ). Also, Galactus is being tagged by people like Thor and various other earth's superheroes ( and as we know...in Marvel most even top tier characters aren't really super fast ) so he certainly doesn't have very good reaction speed.

Galactus might be fast when he is using his space chair thing but without it he is not really fast.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 SC  Moderator

@iragexcudder: Oh I think you are referring to either the Bendis Avengers arc where Thor flies into his head… or the Fraction Galactus Seed arc where Thor also flies into his head? There have been other times when Thor has encountered Galactus too, in those ones he doesn't fly into his head, he does other stuff.

Most plots tend to only consider the characters that are relevant at that time. They don't try to consider every possibility, can lead to some odd situations if we try and be too literal with what happens, feats included heh heh. Like when you think about Galactus too much to behind with… his dependence on planets… a guy from a former universe brought into a new one and reborn into a cosmic entity… and if he starves then some other cosmic entity is unleashed for some reason… and then he has some Heralds for decades but then gets through half a dozen others in a few months… then again most of that isn't meant to make sense heh heh just sound cool and Galactus is definitely cool.

Iragexcudder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sc: aye, very understandable. It's one of the times Thor flies into his head and does some damage but I'm surprised Galactus didn't just have Meowmeow bounce right off him lol but Galactus definitely is a cool concept, character-wise he's a bit odd to me but overall is extremely cool

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know, ask your mom...

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 SC  Moderator

@iragexcudder: Oh and yeah plus technically Galactus isn't even suppose to have a head, well at least not one you can hit, since to every sentient individual who perceives Galactus, Galactus is suppose to appear differently. Some that perceive Galactus, perceive him without a head, or a humanoid appearance. So does that mean Galactus head is hurt because Galactus understands that to say Thor's perception he thinks he has hurt Galactus head and so Galactus reacts accordingly through some meta pain factor? Back to the inconsistency again, some writers will write Galactus as some lumbering giant humanoid in armor like above with Surfer, others get more high concept. 0_0.

magnablue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Fast enough

Avatar image for sesquipedalophobe
sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Galactus were to reach for his coffee, I would venture to guess his hand hits 715 miles an hour. In theory, it would obliterate everyone in Starbucks. Now apply that to power walking and throwing a boomerang.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@batmanvsall3312: @willpayton: @iragexcudder: @sc:

Galactus dodged the devolution beam from High Evolutionary when they fought on counter earth. The beam was able to travel at the speed of light.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

He fires the same beam from his ship and this is how it's described:

"But, Next Instant, A Ray of Shummering Light--Stimulated By Tachyons, Which Cannot Movie More Slowly Than The Speed of Light--Flashes Out Across The Emptiness of Space--"

This happened in FF #175 & the cover artist was Jack Kirby. The writer was Roy Thomas who was Marvel's Editor in Chief at one time.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

mikex20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He's as fast as he feels he needs to be at the time. He can travel faster than light, but usually takes his time.

As for reflexes, he has dodged energy and grabbed the Silver Surfer in flight. But he usually doesn't feel the need to dodge attacks.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#29 JediXMan  Moderator

Speed is not a factor regarding entities of Galactus' level; he goes where he pleases and travels at a speed that is incomprehensible in real life (the guy travels between galaxies and from different ends of the universe with ease). It ceases to be a factor once you get to around Skyfather level and beyond.

Avatar image for deactivated-6137545428734
deactivated-6137545428734

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In regards to travel speed, he should be very fast. In regards to natural reaction speed, there isn't much evidence for it.

icecold14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kfhrfdu_89_76k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#32  Edited By kfhrfdu_89_76k

Top notch on a coopers test, given his physique.

If he loses that damned armor during it.

-Lightbringer-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Faster than a speeding bullet