How far have you come as a viner?

• 111 results
SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

Challenge: repost your first ever post and self evaluate.

Mine:

hey guys im new to reading comics and im loving it so far. im a huge fan of good artwork so im making this general discussion to ask the seasoned readers who do you think some of the best comic book artists are? any suggested pick ups for me? thanks in advance

Evaluation: I was as shy as a kid on his first day of school in a new town. Obsessed with art, and full of very strong and unsupported opinions.

Avatar image for The_Deathstroker
The_Deathstroker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By The_Deathstroker

LOL, this will be fun. I've gone from light-hearted pushover to opinionated a$$hole over my time.

Blade_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Blade_R

Lol my first post on Comic Vine was

"Like the user above me said, Nail has a higher power level than both Dodoria and Zarbon (Before transformation his PL is stated to be 23,000) Now I don't remember his transformed PL exactly but I know its never been stated to be above 42,000 expect for in a video game which I don't consider a reliable source so id say Nail takes this in all 3 scenarios."

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

I used to be naive, nice and tried not to offend, now I just don't give a f**k!

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

"The big symbol with all the little logos is interesting. It looks like it'll be a 24 member team, split into 4 sub teams, with Black Widow and Hawkeye left on their own. And it looks like they'll be adding 2 members who are deemed to be as important as the 6 in the main circle. Who could they be? Wasp and Ant Man perhaps?

By the way, I'm Scarlotte. Hi everyone."

Based on this, I'm much the same. I think I still tend to speculate on where comics are going based on certain things.

Also, the layout of this chart that I was talking about was never properly explained, as far as I'm aware. I'm not even sure if there's been a point where there was 24 members.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

@v_scarlotte_rose:

Fun fact: you were the first finer that ever spoke to me. In that very thread where I made my first post, you were the first to reply.

hirev_starman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I had my original account back in 2008 and I was always just being an illiterate Jackass most of the time not caring about most peoples opinion but now I do. I respect everyone in the Vine. BTW MY original account got hacked in 2012 so made this one last year even though I haven't been active as much. Everyone here shares my repsect

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Started from the bottom now we're here

Started from the bottom now the whole team f*cking here

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I actually did this exact same thing in my 1 year anniversary blog. It was a dead pool vs Superman battle I had to post on.

_Atomikill_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Started out as a comic noob reading New 52

Now, I'm a comic intermediately informed person reading New 52...

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By AllStarSuperman

@saint_wildcard: same. Well kinda... I went from nice. To unfunny troll. To trying to be helpful once I knew you could be a mod. Back to being an unfunny troll. Then not giving a EFF. Then now I am all of those depending on the time of day.

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Two Mandolorians against Ironman I would have to go with them just because of their skill and that they get any equipment. One big reason they could survive his first pass and several others is they have Besk'garm which is nigh indestructible. Second they will be equipped with portable handheld ion cannons which would drop him in a heartbeat. They also could be equipped with disruptors which tear things apart at the molecular level. Although Ironman has incredibly durable armor, I doubt it would be able to handle much more than several shots from a disruptor. Plus they would have thermal detonators which vaporize anything within 10 meters, (atleast the military grade ones do)."

First post was the Fett duo against Iron Man.

Still doing the same things on the battle forum

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Black_Arrow

This is interesting

Here is mine: "Hi everyone, I find this site because I search rhino because i wanted to know more things about him and this wiki has to many information and i wanted to help building it.

My favorite character are batman, spiderman, hulk, thor, wolverine and iron man.

i will see you in the forums"

I hope that I was joking when I said that I was searching for info about Rhino, nobody cares about Rhino. Then the first thing I said never occurred, I never help build the wiki. From that list of favorite characters, I would erase Hulk, Wolverine and Iron man (Thor is a very liked character to me now). From my favorites list, I would add Superman (the vine help me, to love him before I hated it as much as any of the Superman haters)and Invincible (The vine also helped me in loving this guy). Well at least my last statement was true.

KaraZor-el

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dondave level.

The_Deathstroker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@black_arrow: How old were you when you started? xD

I was 15, now I am 16. Only a year and three months have passed since that post.

The_Deathstroker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spiderman1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Spiderman1997
Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Black_Arrow

@The_Deathstroker said:

@black_arrow: Jaysus.... Is English your first language??

No, my first language is Spanish. I think that my English has gotten better since I first arrived to this site.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#20  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

First post ever: Parallax

Current Evaluation: The reigning champ. One of the best.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#21  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

Almost 5 years ago, in response to the question, "Favorite X-Woman"

X-23. I think she's cool and has a very interesting origin. Which is odd because I'm not a Wolverine fan.

Wording is... odd. I don't like the simplistic "cool" response, but eh. I stick to what I said.

The_Deathstroker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@black_arrow: Oh, alright. I was just a tad bit worried about you if English was your first language! xD

And hell yeah, you've gotten much, much better.

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#23  Edited By longbowhunter

Lets see 4 years ago I posted this about the Return of Bruce Wayne #2.

"It took me half the book to figure out Bruce was the pilgrim guy with the little leather bags tied to the strap across his chest. That was the only obvious difference between Bruce and Mordecai." Not very telling of my personality.

Lets look at my third post. It was in regards to digital comics. "Reading comics on my computer is fine, but nothing beats laying on the couch with my cat and flipping pages. Best thing in the world!"

Evaluation: First change I notice is that post was from so long ago tablets weren't common. Apparently technology has come further than I have. Only thing thats changed about me is now instead of owning one cat I own three.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Some people take comic vine way too seriously.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

I don't want to talk about it.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

"Hi i m a new member and a great Spiderman fan.....and really dissapointed of Ultimate SM series...(after SSM of course witch was ....Spectacular! :P) As venomoushatred1001 said they destroyed the whole Venom idea in one episode....they cant even get the voiceactor right...(WE WANT JOSH KEATON) ...Just see this episode 9 discription fron Ultimate..."Due to a clash with Mesmero,Wolverine and Spider-Man end up switching bodies" SWITCING BODIES???? I mean COME ON!!!???

And really some of you (if i understood right) are saying that USM is funny and Spidey is producing "humor" more than spectacular series.....you kidding me?

At Ultimate SOME of the jokes are good but mostly are BAD, and childish!"

AAAAAnd now i feel embarassed.......
I've come a long way since then though.......

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@black_arrow: Oh, alright. I was just a tad bit worried about you if English was your first language! xD

And hell yeah, you've gotten much, much better.

Thanks

The_Scourge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How do you even check your first post? I'm really wondering what mine was lol

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Jonez_

First post was: "LOL"

Second post was:

"Honestly, I don't think that there is any wrong in believing in a god. What is f****ed up is the people who won't accept your religious views and want you to believe theirs'. Like (not talking about all christians) but many have said things to me such as- "You will burn in a fiery abyss for eternity if you don't believe in Jesus." I think believing in a god can be a very productive thing. But I think it would be great if everybody kept their views to themselves."

Still say lol and I'm still an atheist. :p

Avatar image for thetruebarryallen
TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

My first post was in DireDrill's 'Big Shoes Tourney' in which I was asking if it was okay if I joined.

I'd love to join this if there is still space. I'll start working on my team ASAP.

I ended up joining and winning the tournament, I've been dominating the Battle Forums ever since :)

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

It seems my first post was "It's nice to see references to the real world in comics. That's why Grounded is a brilliant storyline because Superman is going to real places albeit with some geographical mistakes."

UGH why did I think Grounded was going to be good? It started good but went downhill so quickly in quality and idea. At least I think I've improved in my tastes and judgement of what a good comic book story is now.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

InB4 Wolverine08 says how he's changed to become "The Best There Is."

Jmarshmallow

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#34 SC  Moderator

@fresh_prince said:

Hello.

There should be a forums section/tab on your profile. That section will have numbers indicating pages, and an option to go to the last page (its the highest listed number, so for you page 501) and that should have your first post. Doesn't always work, sometimes out might just take you to a very old post, like mine, it doesn't actually take me to my first post but does take me to around that time. Your first post listed is "Super Skrull" in a Battles thread.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

InB4 Wolverine08 says how he's changed to become "The Best There Is."

Jmarshmallow

No Caption Provided

The_Scourge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sc said:

@fresh_prince said:

Hello.

There should be a forums section/tab on your profile. That section will have numbers indicating pages, and an option to go to the last page (its the highest listed number, so for you page 501) and that should have your first post. Doesn't always work, sometimes out might just take you to a very old post, like mine, it doesn't actually take me to my first post but does take me to around that time. Your first post listed is "Super Skrull" in a Battles thread.

Thanks! No I understand how it works.

Can't believe it's been nearly 6 years and all I would do back then was comment on who I thought would win battles

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#37 SC  Moderator

My first post was sarcasm I think. My first post I can find was lengthly, too long to quote and about domestic violence heh heh. CV wasn't my first experience with comic forums so I haven't really changed, but I use far less acronyms and smilies. Oh and I am less sarcastic because I felt mean when people didn't realize I was employing satire.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By deactivated-5c901e667a76c  Moderator

Mine was on an Awesome Art Picks article:

"When I saw the Noto X-Force portrait, I knew what my new iPod wallpaper was going to be."

I can remember wanting to be part of any discussion I thought I could contribute to.

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor

...lol

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Batman.

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I don't think my profile is showing me my very first post, just a very old one. From the looks of that one though I haven't changed at all really.

swordmasterD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By swordmasterD

An average battle forum debater to an off topic-er with failed threads

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ugh. My first 3 posts.........

Beata

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My first post was in DireDrill's 'Big Shoes Tourney' in which I was asking if it was okay if I joined.

I'd love to join this if there is still space. I'll start working on my team ASAP.

I ended up joining and winning the tournament, I've been dominating the Battle Forums ever since :)

Alright God_Spawn ;)

The_Deathstroker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eisenfauste: Or wannabe God_Spawn.... You know of whom I speak.

Thitiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LOL, this will be fun. I've gone from light-hearted pushover to opinionated a$$hole over my time.

"edgy"

The_Deathstroker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thitiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The_Deathstroker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thitiki: You have to tell me now, cuz you started to say it.