How do you Ultimately kill: Jason Voorhees?

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By russellmania77

How can it be done and do you think you can do it?

swordmasterD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By swordmasterD

Well I guess he can be subdued or killed after a very long hard time but he always finds away to come back

AssertingValor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 65

Squirt gun

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

what if you cut his limbs off and relocated them all? is he invulnerable? i honestly dont know

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You don't

Darling_Luna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

Loading Video...

Avatar image for The_Deathstroker
The_Deathstroker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By The_Deathstroker

Invite me. >;)

Avatar image for The_Deathstroker
The_Deathstroker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Blade_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You cant permanently get rid of him as far as we know, in the beginning of Jason X they said they had pretty much tried everything and that's why they just decided to freeze him. And as long as there are fans of the series like myself Jason will always come back to kill some more alcohol drinking cigarette smoking premarital sex having big breasted females.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Quit going to see his movies. He'll die for good.

A good burial kept Jason down for about a decade. Do that and don't dig him up. Cremate him first. To play it safe build a military base over him to keep out the curious. Honestly it's PIS that he is "immortal" when he has been put down for years at a time before and only came back because people are stupid.

swordmasterD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Quit going to see his movies. He'll die for good.

A good burial kept Jason down for about a decade. Do that and don't dig him up. Cremate him first. To play it safe build a military base over him to keep out the curious. Honestly it's PIS that he is "immortal" when he has been put down for years at a time before and only came back because people are stupid.

Once didn't he come back because he was hit by lightning bringing him back in a Frankenstein-esque way

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@swordmasterd: Yeah. Tommy Jarvis dug him up and stabbed him with a fence spike during a lightning storm. Lightning hit and Jason hopped out of his grave.

Had Tommy not dug Jason up, he would have continued to rot.

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

He was perma dead until F13 6: Jason lives, in which he was brought back by lightning strike. At the end of this movie he was put to rest at the bottom of Crystal lake, and theoretically would have stayed there if not resurrected by that psychic girl in part 7. In part 8 he was resurrected again by electricity, and killed at the end by a flood of toxic chemicals. This was retconned by part 9, which is arguable whether it is cannon or not.

If you buy 8 as cannon, then he had regen powers and came back after a period of time in Jason X. In part 9 (Again, cannon is arguable) he was supposedly killed forever by a magic dagger. But of course, the next film in this tangent is Freddy vs Jason. In this film he survived being electrocuted, set on fire, drowning, and a major explosion, not counting a massive butt kicking from Freddy.

In the crossover comic Freddy vs Jason vs Ash: The Nightmare Warriors, Spoilers!!! Jason was killed by beheading.

Final verdict. Jason is not unkillable, people just keep messing with him.

PIS aside, best chance at perma death is beheading.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 the_stegman  Moderator

@swordmasterd: Yeah. Tommy Jarvis dug him up and stabbed him with a fence spike during a lightning storm. Lightning hit and Jason hopped out of his grave.

Had Tommy not dug Jason up, he would have continued to rot.

Well, to be fair, that lightning storm is kinda what made him immortal. Before that, he had better durability feats that most humans, but he could stll be killed, and was killed by Jarvis in part 4. But in part 6, after the weird lightning bolt, he became the "immortal" we know today.

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

@wildvine said:

Darling_Luna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Darling_Luna

@wildvine: So....Rider beheading (at the end)

Loading Video...

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By wildvine

@darling_luna:

Firstly, ewwww.

Secondly, I think jason would put a slightly better fight, depending on the movie version.

But yes, I think that would end him

Avatar image for mrdecepticonleader
mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@wildvine said:

He was perma dead until F13 6: Jason lives, in which he was brought back by lightning strike. At the end of this movie he was put to rest at the bottom of Crystal lake, and theoretically would have stayed there if not resurrected by that psychic girl in part 7. In part 8 he was resurrected again by electricity, and killed at the end by a flood of toxic chemicals. This was retconned by part 9, which is arguable whether it is cannon or not.

If you buy 8 as cannon, then he had regen powers and came back after a period of time in Jason X. In part 9 (Again, cannon is arguable) he was supposedly killed forever by a magic dagger. But of course, the next film in this tangent is Freddy vs Jason. In this film he survived being electrocuted, set on fire, drowning, and a major explosion, not counting a massive butt kicking from Freddy.

In the crossover comic Freddy vs Jason vs Ash: The Nightmare Warriors, Spoilers!!! Jason was killed by beheading.

PIS aside, best chance at perma death is beheading.

Ah.

But is the Freddy vs Jason vs Ah comics canon to the films? I know the first one is as it follows on from Freddy vs Jason, so I assume it is. So going off of that, the beheading mustn't have killed him as he is still alive in Jason X which takes place after Freddy vs Jason. And at the end of the day is still canon.

He blew up in Jason goes to hell and he came back from that, he could probably survive beheading as well.

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By wildvine

@mrdecepticonleader:

Fair enough. But Jason's niece was still alive at the end of the comic wasn't she? If so, and if you accept part 9 as cannon (I simply can't reconcile 9 and FvJ) then yes he could have came back threw here, via body switching a la pt 9, which you alluded to.

I can't say the comic is cannon to the movies, but I will say nothing supernatural crawled out of Jason in Jason X. However, something did override the nano machine. I still say though that beheading is the best way to go. And seeing as Voorhees were is such short supply in pt 9, its mathimatically unlikely there would be any on earth 2 for a body switching come back.

It could be argued though that he could simply live body to disentegrating body, but he never body jumped before 9. In the past he stayed dead till something unexpected and contrived happened to him. The hand of Satan plot device if you like.

Darling_Luna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Blowing up ? again, Rider punch

Loading Video...
Avatar image for mrdecepticonleader
mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@wildvine said:

@mrdecepticonleader:

Fair enough. But Jason's niece was still alive at the end of the comic wasn't she? If so, and if you accept part 9 as cannon (I simply can't reconcile 9 and FvJ) then yes he could have came back threw here, via body switching a la pt 9, which you alluded to.

I can't say the comic is cannon to the movies, but I will say nothing supernatural crawled out of Jason in Jason X. However, something did override the nano machine. I still say though that beheading is the best way to go. And seeing as Voorhees were is such short supply in pt 9, its mathimatically unlikely there would be any on earth 2 for a body switching come back.

It could be argued though that he could simply live body to disentegrating body, but he never body jumped before 9. In the past he stayed dead till something unexpected and contrived happened to him. The hand of Satan plot device if you like.

In a comic, scans that @wolfrazer showed in the Freddy one for these. Show that Jason survived from Jason X.

I still reckon he could come back from that. But it depends how you and what you count as canon I guess. Since it is not the most coherent series. I mean if you consider him having the healing factor he had in Jason X then theoretically he could heal from that. Going by the FVJVA comics you could always destroy the Necronomicon as that is revealed to be the thing that help create Jason.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Wolfrazer

Alright let's just clear something up first off. He has only really died in part 4 and X(disregarding the nanos turning him into Uber Jason). The movies that bring him back to life are inconsistent because he shows previously, that he isn't dead, just that he was BFR'd.

Part 6 he was BRF'd and shown to still be alive at the bottom of the lake at the end of the movie.

Part 7 he was BRF'd again by ghost dad of Tina

Part 8 he was BRF'd by toxic waste, the boy that Rennie saw was just a hallucination as throughout part 8 she kept seeing boy Jason because she saw him in the lake when her uncle threw her into the water. Jason turning into a boy via toxic waste just doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Now Jason Goes to Hell, his body was blown up yet his heart kept beating and so yada, yada he finally gets back his body and stabbed with a magic dagger and BRF'd to hell. Now you can look at this as a death, but it doesn't seem that way really looking at it.

So FvJ, Freddy searched through Hell and found Jason he then brought Jason back from Hell and yada, yada, the movie goes on, they fight and at the end of the movie, Jason comes up outta the water alive.

In X, the gov't captured him(how they did...who knows w/e) and tried everything they could but nothing worked so they froze him. Later waking up in the future, he then fights an android and was finally blown apart when hit with what I guess either was a shotgun or some impact grenade launcher...whichever. So we then get Uber Jason.

Uber Jason then gets BFR'd into Earth 2, survives and goes on killing again in the X comics which are canon. He then later is BFR'd to a deserted moon.

=====

Ok we got that now? Ok now....as far as killing regular undead Jason? Blowing him to pieces seems to work well, just don't go anywhere near his heart and make sure he has no relatives.

As far as killing Uber Jason?....Well nothing right now would work, considering he was tanking weaponry and high explosives from the year 2455 and had to be BFR'd just to get rid of him.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By RisingBean

@wolfrazer: @wildvine: You know my take on part 8-9? The girl in 8 was another psychic. She was channeling kid Jason though Jason had been an adult longer then she has been alive. Somehow when the toxic sewage came in she made Jason relive his drowning which beat him. When she looks at him we see kid Jason so I think we're seeing it through her eyes. Jason comes back in part 9 with the toxic waste having melted his head enough to have the skin growing around the mask. It all makes sense to me.

I think he would have stayed dead after "going to hell" but Freddy had to mess with him.

@the_stegman I don't think the lightning is what powered him up so much as being a catalyst to wake him up. I'm under the impression (lumping all continuity together) that his mother tried to raise him from the dead using black magic. I also don't believe he fatally drowned as a kid and lived off the land. So mom's spell didn't work until he died as a human in the Final Chapter. I think Jason probably cycled through torpor and being active and just couldn't get out of the grave. Once the lightning woke him up and he was able to get out we got Zombie Jason.

Man, I love F13.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

@risingbean: Ugh, I try ignoring the comic where his mom used the Necronomicon to resurrect him. Hate that idea. Going by film only canon, the lightning is what did it for me.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Reboot him.

Blade_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Blade_R

Man, I love F13.

Lol same here, a lot. Same with Halloween

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By RisingBean

@the_stegman: You may have to look for it, but if memory serves you see the book in JGtH. I don't mix my mediums. Movie continuity isn't hampered by novels and whatnot.

I don't believe I saw the comics that addressed it. Is it comic canon she did do black magic?

As for the lightning, is this the Evil Flash origin? Would explain how a guy walking beats sprinting teens.

Edit This review has a pic of it if you scroll down some.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator
Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By AllStarSuperman

Giant blender

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 the_stegman  Moderator

@the_stegman: You may have to look for it, but if memory serves you see the book in JGtH. I don't mix my mediums. Movie continuity isn't hampered by novels and whatnot.

I don't believe I saw the comics that addressed it. Is it comic canon she did do black magic?

As for the lightning, is this the Evil Flash origin? Would explain how a guy walking beats sprinting teens.

Edit This review has a pic of it if you scroll down some.

*sigh* yes, I guess it was in the movie, I saw it the first time around, but I thought it was just a love letter to Evil Dead, but the comic made it canon, so I suppose I'll accept the movie version too. And yea, in Freddy vs Jason vs Ash, I believe it's implied Pamela used the book to resurrect Jason, or at least, try to (I think it failed cause Jason didn't die in the lake) Freddy also used the book to resurrect himself.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_stegman: Cool. I liked what I read of F13 in the comics, but I deal with it as an alt continuity. At least Jason is competent there. I may need to read up. I know I got one of the Ash related trades but have yet to read it as I missed some of the earlier story.

@blade_r: Indeed. Halloween won't come quick enough.

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolfrazer: @wildvine: You know my take on part 8-9? The girl in 8 was another psychic. She was channeling kid Jason though Jason had been an adult longer then she has been alive. Somehow when the toxic sewage came in she made Jason relive his drowning which beat him. When she looks at him we see kid Jason so I think we're seeing it through her eyes. Jason comes back in part 9 with the toxic waste having melted his head enough to have the skin growing around the mask. It all makes sense to me.

I think he would have stayed dead after "going to hell" but Freddy had to mess with him.

Good theory, but I don't count 8 as cannon myself. I assume he went straight from 7 to FvJ. Or X. Can't reconcile Vs and X either. Lol

Your last line goes with what I said in my original post. In most of those movies he would stay dead (or BRF'd if you prefer).

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wildvine: I admit i find some of the movies harder to view then others, but I try my best to include them all. 8 and 9 I saw in theaters so I give them a bit of nostalgia credit. Also as you note 8-X all have a groan factor. I may as well assume Tina's ghost dad ends it or find ways to allow for the latter films. to be honest I have a harder time believing Crystal lake can get you to New York then not. (Though if memory serves I justify that as the "death boat" from the opening scene being another hallucination and Jason left the lake proper due to being attracted to the psychic. Really have to suspend your disbelief and pull out conspiracy theories for horror movies. ) I assumed the body hopping only happened the once per casting from the Necronomicon. 6-8 were bfr's, 9 being the only true "death sequence." Once that scamp demon thing got pulled to hell, Jason lost that edge (and as body hopping sucked, it is for the best.)

2, 4, 6 were the best parts. Sadly 7 was too harshly cut due to the ratings organization and everything after is borderline camp. Still like them for that they are.

As for that last bit, we're on the same page, paragraph, sentence and likely even word.

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mr. D and Wildlyvine could put him down!

Avatar image for baron_von_santa
Baron_von_Santa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

he seems to have a great healing factor that works differently from others. his healing factor keeps his alive rather than quickly regenerates his skin and stuff, which does heal but slowly.

if you kill him, then he is dead. but if you do things that puts him on the brink of death, then he has a big chance of getting up and squishing your eyes out.