How do you react?

Avatar image for deactivated-627010180bd2d
deactivated-627010180bd2d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

You turn on the news and see that mankind has made first contact! You do not know any details yet, only that an apparently peaceful alien race has revealed itself and they have already established contact. What is your initial reaction to this news?

I'd check to make sure it wasn't April 1st and then lock myself in my room to think about the issue.

Racob has spoken

Avatar image for consolemaster001
consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

I'd discuss it with people

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

Break out the guns and party liquor.

AmazingAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By AmazingAngel

Go back to bed...

Deadite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd prefer if we are the only existing self-aware, intelligent species in the universe.

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Get drunk, call out from work and play GTA V and Arkham Origins until the inevitable invasion comes.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deadite: Sorry, but that's very unlikley.

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

*Do what ever I was doing before...I honestly don't think I'd care, unless there was some kinda attack coming.

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Id expect it to be a hoax until I had some proof, once I have that id be somewhat worried since they are most likely way superior, but also intrested to learn more.

Deadite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Deadite

@racob7 Then it's time to escape from the universe. Or find a way to box ourselves in, permanently.

Anyway, it might sound a bit extreme but it just means I care.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Most likely just research it for a while learn as much as I can then I'd be glad they arrived if they are peaceful and wait for technology to advance very quickly

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74
deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Leave the tv on the whole day and listen for new details. Then I'd go practice my evil sinister laugh of impending doom while I play Gears of War. Oh yeah then I'd do some pushups and pull ups at some point.......IDK.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

the odds of them being peaceful don't seem like they would be that high....you have an extremely intelligent, advanced technology, race who has most likely flown in their ships for thousands of years to get here....do you think they're just coming to say hi?

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

Tweet about it.

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By SheenLantern

@danhimself said:

the odds of them being peaceful don't seem like they would be that high....you have an extremely intelligent, advanced technology, race who has most likely flown in their ships for thousands of years to get here....do you think they're just coming to say hi?

Right, so you think they came here just to blow up Earth and then......fly thousands of years back to their own planet.

Sounds logical to me.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#17  Edited By danhimself

@danhimself said:

Right, so you think they came here just to blow up Earth and then......fly thousands of years back to their own planet.

Sounds logical to me.

most scientists believe that they'd be coming here for resources or because they've screwed their planet up so badly that they need a new one so they'd be coming here to either wipe us out and take the planet for themselves or to enslave us.....think about it...during the age of exploration when they were out looking for new continents were they looking for them out of altruistic reasons? no...they were looking for new resources to exploit or for land to take...it did not go well for pretty much any native race when someone discovered their land

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

@danhimself: The odds are just as good for peaceful explorers as it is for war like invaders. The problem most people have here is that they assume all intelligent life might think pretty much the same way we do but we can't know that for sure. Yes, its very likely that they could come to conquer or destroy us but if it happened to be a culture that managed to overcome the more animal urges that would lead to that behavior or possibly one that never had to deal with hostile species that vied for dominance on their home world and never had to evolve those hostile urges then maybe they'd come in peace. There are millions of potential variables that would determine how contact with an alien species will go so you really can't say for certain what the result would be.

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

most scientists believe that they'd be coming here for resources or because they've screwed their planet up so badly that they need a new one so they'd be coming here to either wipe us out and take the planet for themselves or to enslave us.

Makes absolutely no sense whatsoever, why Earth? And why would such an advanced species have any use for human slaves?

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I freak out and go into a bunker unless Optimus Prime has made contact. You can always trust a Prime.

JohnnyZ256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

Are their women hot and can I have sex with them?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I Make A Thread About It On Comic Vine

I freak out and go into a bunker unless Optimus Prime has made contact. You can always trust a Prime.

Not! Did you even see Dark Of The Moon? Setiniel Prime was the MEGAbadguy!

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#25 JediXMan  Moderator

Act normal while keeping an eye on the news... and start sharpening my swords.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

@racob7 said:

apparently peaceful

Ack ack ack.

NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@norrinboltagonprime21 said:

Oh yeah, I can't believe I forgot that, but that's just one continuity. In majority of the other continuities (especially the aligned continuity) he's a good guy.

Even Rodimus is a good guy, even though he killed Optimus.....

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@racob7 said:

apparently peaceful

Ack ack ack.

It's okay, the visitors are your friends.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@allstarsuperman said:

Oh yeah, I can't believe I forgot that, but that's just one continuity. In majority of the other continuities (especially the aligned continuity) he's a good guy.

oh okay, i was just making a joke, i dont really know anything about transformers other then the "supposed" terrible movies. I like the 1 and 3 not a fan of the 2 though.

Avatar image for thefirstlantern
TheFirstLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Just like get my tin foil hat ready.

NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@allstarsuperman said:

oh okay, i was just making a joke, i dont really know anything about transformers other then the "supposed" terrible movies. I like the 1 and 3 not a fan of the 2 though.

Lol, its cool.

Thats pretty much how I feel about the movies, but then again I don't have high expectations for the movies which makes them enjoyable.

JohnnyZ256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By JohnnyZ256

@racob7:

That doesn't prove for a second that alien life exists elsewhere.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

I'd go to the library and finish Childhood's End. It might give me some good ideas on what to expect.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JohnnyZ256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought you said it was unlikely that life doesn't exist elsewhere.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johnnyz256: Statistically speaking the odds are completely in favor of alien life existing somewhere. Now just saying life exists isn't saying invaders are coming just that somewhere out in the universe life exists in some form. It could be more advanced, could be less, and we may even be the only intelligent life in the universe but based on the fact that we've found quite a few planets that had all the right things they need to support life and we haven't even observed 1% of the universe so it stands to reason if we found some in the relatively small part of the cosmos we've discovered odds are there are more planets out there that could support life which means the odds are good that we aren't alone. And no I do not believe in UFO abductions and all that nonsense, but I do believe in math.

Akindoodle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deadite said:

I'd prefer if we are the only existing self-aware, intelligent species in the universe.

JohnnyZ256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshmightbe:

That's just not true. A person has two choices: he can be a theist, or an atheist. If you're a theist, probability means nothing, because God (or any god) could've created life whatever way He desired, ignoring probability altogether. If you're an atheist, you must recognize that the odds of life forming naturalistically are astronomically low (really an impossibility) that many scientists are convinced that if life is present on earth, sans God's existence, then it would be a veritable miracle, and there would be no reason whatever therefore to think that such a miracle would be duplicated elsewhere in the universe.

A planet having "all the right things" doesn't prove that alien life existed or currently exists on those planets, either. There are buildings on this earth which are not designed for humans to live in (museums, stadiums, for instance), and yet an outsider could easily assume that, because such buildings have "all the right things" necessary for human life, that humans must permanently reside in them.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johnnyz256: What the hell does this have to do with religion? As for your second point its kind of moot because regardless of whether something lived there permanently it would still need something living to build it and it really doesn't mean anything for this argument.

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By AweSam

Reveal everything about our weaponry and defense systems to our new alien overlords.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it's almost impossible that life DOESN'T exist elsewhere.

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@racob7 said:

@johnnyz256 said:

I think it's almost impossible that life DOESN'T exist elsewhere.

Life 100% exists. Intelligent life, though. That's up for debate.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 rogueshadow  Moderator

First - Violently masturbate.

Second - Start preparing for the impending apocalypse.

Third - Violently masturbate.