How Do You Feel About Your Dad?

• 134 results
pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

My dad has always been in my life...not always for the best. The first 15 yrs he was an abusive alcoholic who no one enjoyed being around. Then he "found God" and something happened. He stopped drinking. Stopped being abusive. Became loving and caring. Honest and friendly. He and my mom are still married. And he is still one of the best people I know. So:

Was your dad a part of your life?

How do you feel about him?

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My Old Man Is Cool... Even if he is a Heavy Religious Fellow... Most of my Family is anyways... Lots of Times I Just Nod and Smile when they talk about God... don't really push the issue that much anymore...

I don't know why all of my Off Topic Comments seem to come back to Religion for some reason...

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#3  Edited By Fallschirmjager

Dad's been in and out of prison my whole life (mostly alcohol / drug related) and owes about 120k in child support. I love him cos he's my dad but I long ago accepted that he's pretty much a f-ing idiot and won't change.

Don't really have issues with it though - I'm not employed as a stripper in any case :D

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Dragonborn_CT

All that is good in me, I own to my father and mother. They are amazing people and the ones I admire most in the world.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74
deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Haven't seen my dad in about five years.

MatKrenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 255

My dad is really annoying, let me put it this way: he's already the old man that commentates the whole movie when we can plainly see what's happening on screen. And he's only 54.

ximpossibrux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My dad is a pretty cool guy, he bangs mom and doesn't afraid of anything.

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

I havent seen my dad in 25 years. Even before then he wasnt around often. For all I know he's dead.

KingOfAsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

He's a funny crazy guy and I love him

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Wolverine008

I'm cool with my dad.

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 30

#11  Edited By batmannflash

@pooty: I'm really happy that your dad found God and is a changed man. My dad left me when I was 12 and found a different wife, who in turn left him after a couple years. He still comes over and helps me time to time but I'm not too happy about the decisions he's made. He's still my dad though and he does support me

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@matkrenz said:

My dad is really annoying, let me put it this way: he's already the old man that commentates the whole movie when we can plainly see what's happening on screen. And he's only 54.

My mom does that and she's under 50. haha gets annoying huh?

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13  Edited By cameron83

I havent seen my dad in 25 years. Even before then he wasnt around often. For all I know he's dead.

You're....making me depressed........ :(

Anyway,I love my dad and,although I don't agree with many of his ignorant views (some of his views I actually DO agree with),I still would love him regardless even if he was racist....I mean,I don't need to agree with his views to love him. And if he was racist I feel that there would still be hope somewhere (thank god he isn't).

Night Thrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My dad is cool...not the worst dad in the world...not the best. He passed down a lot of knowledge my way and I'm forever grateful for that. But he f*d up a lot of good opportunities behind dat whyte gurl and disappeared for a while. But I ain't mad at him cuz he did more than a lot of the so called fathers in my hood so we good.

ImagineMan16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty said:

My dad has always been in my life...not always for the best. The first 15 yrs he was an abusive alcoholic who no one enjoyed being around. Then he "found God" and something happened. He stopped drinking. Stopped being abusive. Became loving and caring. Honest and friendly. He and my mom are still married. And he is still one of the best people I know.

Dude. That mirrors the story with my dad exactly, the only difference being that he found God and quit drinking when I was 13, not 15. Holy crap.

Manchine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Haven't talked to my father for 10+ years. He is the kinda person that doesn't have anything good to say. I really don't care to see him again.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

Abandoned me at birth. Last I heard he had survived cancer and was a decorated war veteran.

Unless he's dead. Which would make me happy.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By cameron83

Damn. Some of you guys make me sad....I mean,even though my dad used to be abusive....but still.....

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love my father ...but, HE NEED TO LEARN HOW TO GROW UP,he's to stubborn in his ways. He refuse to stop playing the lottery, Deejaying at some club t'll 5 am. and GET A REAL F***ING JOB.

DJing is not a job it's a hobby.

CaseyJones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He was a great dad but I still turned out rotten.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#21  Edited By PowerHerc

My Dad . . .

He was far from perfect but he was the greatest man I've ever known. My Dad gave me all the tools I've needed to get by in life and he never lied to me. Not even once. He came up in the Depression, he fought in the Korean War and he worked hard his entire life. He was the kind of man rarely found in the modern age of self-centered egotists who've never known a day of hard work or hard times.

He died three years ago tonight at 78 years of age. I miss him more than I can say and I appreciate him even more than that.

I love him.

Always have. Always will.

CaseyJones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joygirl said:

Abandoned me at birth. Last I heard he had survived cancer and was a decorated war veteran.

Unless he's dead. Which would make me happy.

I can't tell you how many times I've heard this story at the strip bar.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By cameron83

My Dad . . .

He was far from perfect but he was the greatest man I've ever known. My Dad gave me all the tools I've needed to get by in life and he never lied to me. Not even once. He came up in the Depression, he fought in the Korean War and he worked hard his entire life. He was the kind of man rarely found in the modern age of self-centered egotists who've never known a day of hard work or hard times.

He died three years ago tonight at 78 years of age. I miss him more than I can say and I appreciate him even more than that.

1. Dude,I am really really sorry :(

2. If you don't mind me asking,how old are you??

3. I am sincerely sorry :(

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My Dad . . .

My sincere condolences man.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 the_stegman  Moderator

My dad has never really been apart of my life, so I don't really feel anything for him.

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This may be the most depressing thread on here. Whether you have no dad, one dad, or two dads, best wishes to you all

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sad that he missed out on all his kid's lives and now he's.... well i guess sad, depressed and suicidal

Aronmorales

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My dad can be an ass and is often irritable and stubborn.
Still love the man, though, as when he's not being someone I don't want to be around, he's fun and a great role model.

kriminal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

me and my dad watch wrestling, go bowling and go to Denver bronco games all the time. besides that we do not have much in common, but we are close

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@cameron83: Well the silver lining here is its given me motivation to be there for my son. We have a great relationship in spite of me not knowing my father.

Avatar image for vercingetorixthegreat
VercingetorixTheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I grew up without my dad and I only see him once a year (at best). He is a cheapskate, he can be annoying, he has had many girlfriends (I have 5 half sisters and 1 half brother), treated my mom poorly (never was abusive), and he has one of the thickest most annoying French accents I have ever heard. But he is my dad and I love him. He may not be perfect but I wouldn't trade him for anyone in the world.

Zijuun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My Dad . . .

I love him.

Always have. Always will.

I'm sorry to hear about that. I'm sure he was a very great man.

As for my dad... =/. He's alright, no opinion, though I don't love him I don't neccesarily hate him either. I don't plan on staying with my parents after I turn 18 or 19. They're not people I want to visit after I move out of their house.

Z I J U U N

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 55

@king_saturn: yikes how do you have so many posts?

Do you have a life outside of this forum?

BR_Havoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I work with my Dad and he is a good guy but he does have a pretty crabby personality so he is hard to deal with most of the time but he loves my Mom and does a lot for his family. I would not say we are close because he traveled a lot for business when I was growing up so from the time I was born till I was 17 he was out of town two to three weeks a month so we never got close.

Avatar image for rulerofthisuniverse
RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Woah, this turned out to be a really depressing thread...

Anyway, my dad is one of the greatest people I know and has been a major role model throughout my life. I'm totally cool with him and always have been.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Isn't it funny, I have a bad relationship with my dad, my dad's dad was an abusive drunk and would cheat on his wife=bad relationship, and my step dad never even met his dad. Doomed from the start I guess.

Aiden Cross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

My dad is a great guy. When i was young he used to work a lot in a very stressful job at the very least 70 hours a week. Yet he NEVER missed a soccer match of mine, or a play or a school meeting. He was always there. He made sure we never missed out on anything, even attention. When i was 10 he gave up his high paying job to spend more time with his family. He's a very honest man and taught me my morals/values. He even drove 3 miles through a snow storm to a store because they gave him too much change :p

He is however a very stubborn man, a family trait. He'll never tell you he's proud of you or loves you. But his actions say enough :)

M3th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't want to talk about it. It's complicated. Nothing terrible mind you and I still love him to death.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is one f%cking depressing thread.

Superguy0009e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great guy. He taught me alot, though we do have differing opinions.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

My dad is the best. The guy who sired me can rot though, whoever he is.

Avatar image for daviegourevitch
daviegourevitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By daviegourevitch

My Dad was an alcoholic, kind of abusive. My mom was his second wife, I was his second Son. (My older brother was basically raised at others' houses. I don't think he was ever prepared a meal at home past the age of 6) Anyways; my parents went splitsville when I was 3 (he offered my Mom $100,00 to stay with him for another year, that's how desperate he wanted to stay with her). I saw him on and off past that as he was usually away, doing what I've no idea. I think he was in Russia? Then when I was 15 I stopped seeing him at all anymore.

I've no idea where he is now, I saw him a little bit on and off later. Haven't seen him for like five years.

Alike to the other "Fathers" in this thread, he found religion after I stopped seeing him (Judaism).

Actually, I don't believe I've answered the question, haha. I feel as though if he was there through my childhood I might like him more, but he was never there. I think it would have been better to have no father at all, rather than have half of one. I often wish that things had gone a different way, but, what's said is said. I just hope that I may be able to turn things around.

My condolences to others in this thread (The ones with negative fathers, not good ones [I'm sorry you've got a good dad.~]). May you find joy in other things, and be the father you want to be to your children!

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

All I remember about my dad is him throwing me in the wall and forcing me to stay with and uncle that sexually abused me, I dont know where he is today.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#47  Edited By Mercy_

When you get down to it, my dad's nothing short of incredible. He gets the short end of the stick when it comes to a lot of things, unfortunately, but his love for me and my sister is unimpeachable. I don't know what I'd do without him.

mikethekiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for baberaham_lincoln
Baberaham_Lincoln

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My dad's dope and i have mad respect for him. Him coming to Australia at 16 and loosing his mom a couple months after really taught me to appreciate the little things in life. I hope i get a transfer into an officer school... be like my old man ^_^

INLIFE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By INLIFE

Dude sacrificed his entire passion and life for my sister and I as did our mother. He is extremely flawed, borderline ethnocentric and a bit racist-ish as well as really religious. However, he has good morals and very good perception. Although heavily biased, he will share truths about life and people. Obsessive and assertive, my father is the largest hypocrite I have ever know. But with all of his flaws, I respect him more than any man that I could possibly meet. In face of hardship and challenge, he pulled our family through along with my mother. Honestly, he isn't that good to her sometimes but he does know of her pain and respects her. They are not "sexual" at all or even that loving, nevertheless; they see themselves as partners (+20 years) with a family to mutually support. Charismatic and attractive in social events, my father is true gentleman who appeals to those who encounter him.

In the end, how do I feel about him? I failed him and my mother as well. Although I am 15 years of age, I see their demands and hopes for me but I cannot comply. Broken and useless, who I am will lead their sacrifices to be costly losses. My parents are very flawed but they are great people. They have withstood decades of hardship and suffering, but gave their luxuries to their children. I don't deserve them, and I will hurt them more than bring joy into their lives. Sometimes I wish that I could switch myself with a non-troubled and hard working son, but I cannot do such a feat.

My parents have never deserved the hell that life threw at them. They are great people and I am honored to be their son; life owes them for their devotion to people and our family. This debt is what makes me fight for something, a better tomorrow.