How do you feel about Pitbulls?

Avatar image for thenaughtytitan
TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

This includes all bully breeds the media groups in with the American Pitbull Terrier, so besides the APBT this thread includes American staffordshire Terrier's, Staffordshire Bull Terrier's and American Bulldogs.

I feel that pitbulls are highly misunderstood due to the media and how they are branded aggressive and "unpredictable". All dogs require training an Pitbulls do not receive this in a lot of situations which leads to bad behavior. On top of this they are a highly abused breed which leads to fear and fear leads to aggression out of that fear. Dog bites and attacks happen all of the time and they are not pitbulls yet the news tends to put large amounts of focus on pitbull looking dogs when "attacks" happen.

Pitbull's were once known as america's dog and even as nanny dogs because they were so great with young children. Now pitbulls are still this same dog being great family dogs and popular therapy dogs.

Pitbulls do more good then they do bad yet the stories of them doing bad get more exposure even tho they are far from the norm. Here is a page full of pitbulls saving lives and helping fend off intruders to save their owners:

http://bslnews.org/pit-bull-heroes-hall-of-fame/

Pitbull breeds are great family pets yet like any breed need training. The media want you to believe that they attack on a whim in a family situation when this is not the case, The only time pitbulls have "attacked" is when they are not properly trained and or they have been abused.

How do you feel about america's dog?

(had to write this twice the page closed, this is a little sloppy and I wrote this quick)

Mandarinestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I am a Milanist and follow the teachings of Cesar Milan written in the Dog Whisperer Manifesto.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By nickthedevil

@mandarinestro said:

I am a Milanist and follow the teachings of Cesar Milan written in the Dog Whisperer Manifesto.

lol this.

In a very serious note, I dislike Pitbulls, but not for the overdramatized-media image given to them. I dislike them because I just don't care for the way they look. They do have a natural tendency to be slightly more aggressive, but nothing that can't be removed altogether from proper care and training that any other dog would recieve. They just look... meh, to me. And every Mexican ever has either a chihuahua, doberman, or pitbull. No thanks, I don't want to be the billionth mexican.

That, and I always prefered the Bull Terrier and English Bull Dog to the pit bulls themselves.

Currently, I have a Beagle/Fox Hound and a very small Black Lab. Tempeted to say miniature Black Lab, but he's mixed with something else, unknown to my wife and I. Both rescue dogs.

Kiara_Sullivan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ive owned dobermans, rottys, german shepards, 2 pits, and a staffy. All were well behaved and loving dogs. The dog that we ended up having to give a way was an aussie who was raised in the very same manner as all of our dogs but turned out to be food aggressive, child aggressive, and animal aggressive. We loved him but he turned on my dad one day and that was the final straw.

It just goes to show you that it doesnt matter the breed or how they are raised, some dogs are just bad eggs. Much like people. But what other people label as bad can be misconstrued to fit their own views. Ive seen far more loving pits then i have other breeds. A short period of time with a pit who is loving and behaved can change anyones view.

Mortein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Mortein

I like them, but the truth is they were bred to fight, and they are more dangerous than most other breeds, not necessarily because they are more aggressive, but rather because they are more deadly when they become aggressive.

albusan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I go to the dog park alot and the pitbulls there can be the sweetest dogs ever or just some bully douchbags that I don't want my dog to play with.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 the_stegman  Moderator

I don't like them and find them ugly.

TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mortein said:

I like them, but the truth is they were bred to fight, and they are more dangerous than most other breeds, not necessarily because they are more aggressive, but rather because they are more deadly when they become aggressive.

Boston terriers were originally bred as fighting dogs yet they are some of the sweetest and smartest dogs. Any dog can be and has been deadly and pitbulls are not more deadly then a lot of breeds.

Artyom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Artyom

I have one. I love them.

TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By TheNaughtyTitan

@albusan said:

I go to the dog park alot and the pitbulls there can be the sweetest dogs ever or just some bully douchbags that I don't want my dog to play with.

The contrast is the same with any dog breed. Training is the difference. Sometimes the breed can tend to be rough players when they are not corrected but rough playing can also be fine. They are very dynamic when they play yet do not harm other dogs most of the time.

You an MMA fan, noticed the pic of miesha, I am a fan of hers to!

Artyom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Artyom

@mortein said:

I have a Jack Russel Terrier, a Pitbull, and two Black Labs. The JRT and Labs are meaner than the Pitbull, granted they are all sweet and loving, but Jax (pitbull) is by far that sweetest...except for the time that a man made the mistake of trying to break into my backyard and my house.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74
deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They scare me.

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They have a bad rep but I don't think they're all that bad.

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

I find them cute

SwegLord69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have one, it's a good dog

Mortein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Mortein

@thenaughtytitan said:

@mortein said:

Boston terriers were originally bred as fighting dogs yet they are some of the sweetest and smartest dogs. Any dog can be and has been deadly and pitbulls are not more deadly then a lot of breeds.

Not every dog can be deadly, that's really stupid thing to say.

No Caption Provided

I doubt this dog would even be able to kill a baby, and even if he tried, we could easily stop him.

Big dogs which are bred to fight, are not more aggressive or less loving than other breeds, but in those relatively rare moments when they do become aggressive, for whatever reason, they are far more dangerous, far more deadly.

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've owned 3 of em and I loved em

magnablue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's sad that they are forced to do what they do :( I'm pretty sure my uncles dog is a pit bull.

Saint_Rog_El

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aren't they really loyal? I like them.

Hayden86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

If raised correctly they are amazing dogs. One of my friends has a blue nose. When my friend and his dog come to visit the dog bolts in and starts playing.

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

You mess with the pitbull, you get the fangs.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One of the friendliest dogs I ever met was a pit bull.

TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mortein said:

@thenaughtytitan said:

@mortein said:

Not every dog can be deadly, that's really stupid thing to say.

No Caption Provided

I doubt this dog would even be able to kill a baby, and even if he tried, we could easily stop him.

Big dogs which are bred to fight, are not more aggressive or less loving than other breeds, but in those relatively rare moments when they do become aggressive, for whatever reason, they are far more dangerous, far more deadly.

By deadly I meant Violent, of course bigger dogs can potentially do more damage but dogs like the saint bernard(gentle giants) have killed people, it is all about training. Dachshund's bite more the rotties and pits combined per year. The past of dogs do not matter much considering the uses of all dogs have changed. The great dane used to have one of the highest prey drives but now they have a really low prey drive. Dog fighting has been bred out of pits except for a select few people who still fight them(and other breeds) but the abuse these dogs and they prod them until they have to fight.

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

He's a great backup singer

TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aren't they really loyal? I like them.

One of the most loyal dogs you can get. They are used a lot for therapy and they have countless stories of saving loved ones and strangers, I put a link to a collection of stories but here it is again:

http://bslnews.org/pit-bull-heroes-hall-of-fame/

TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He's a great backup singer

This we disagree on, isnt he a rapper and not a singer also.....

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Pitbulls are like puppies compare Tibetan Mastiff.

Now that is a dangerous dog I am glad that the price for these are over the top because most people get Aggressive breed dog and do not even put in the proper training to make them home fit.

Pitbull can be very aggressive dog if not training and get the proper care.

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#28  Edited By Cream_God