How do you feel about Drugs, Drinking & Smoking?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By MKF30

So how do you guys and girls on here feel about doing drugs, drinking and smoking? 

Against it? 

For it? 

Depends on what it is? 

This is illegal drugs...cocaine, pot, meth, crack etc 

I'm not referring to prescribed drugs for medical purposes via your doctor...(even though they can also be bad, I'm not talking those) 

Personally, I'm against drugs....  

Unless it's prescribed by my doc, I don't believe in doing drugs...they cause more harm then good. I never saw the logic in doing them and god knows I've lost past friends because of that crap. If it's illegal I want no part if it(even if some become later on I still want no part of it lol)

Now, as far as drinking...I also don't drink but will say on occassion I see no problem and as long as you're of drinking age...but have to say getting "piss drunk"=highly overrated... 

Then there's smoking, cigarettes,  cigars, pipes.   

I've always had a curiousity about pipes but don't want to get started, don't need lung or  mouth cancer.... but I like the smell of them. I tried drinking few times, didn't like it, never had a desire remotely for drugs and I don't want lung cancer so I never actually smoked....So, I'm very straightedge.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a867073cc016
deactivated-5a867073cc016

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Drugs = I want to preserve my magnificent sperm count thank you very much

Drinking = What's wrong with quenching your thirst?

Smoking = Don't do it myself but I've thought about it, cigar + tequila was a strangely good combination, they compliment each other perfectly

Subject 30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Subject 30

I'm a regular smoker of Cigars.
Before I smoked, I was never bothered about people smoking around me.  

I also drink, but not so much as some youths now-a-days.
I'm not one for the club/getting hammered scene.

As for drugs, I'm not bothered whether people do them. It's their lives and their free to do whatever they want with them.
What I have a problem with is when they drag family members and friends into it.

FLCL1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By FLCL1

smoking and drugs:NO  

drinking:sure
danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By danhimself

drugs = used to do em...refuse to hang out with anyone who still does them

drinking = used to be a really really heavy drinker...now I rarely drink

smoking = about a pack every 2 days

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By warlock360

Dont do any of em

Lady Tlieso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Lady Tlieso

Drugs = I don't do any other than prescription. While I don't smoke, I think that people make a bigger deal out pot then they should. 

Smoking = Also not my thing. It tastes nasty. Some cigars do smell really good though. 

Drinking = My vice of choice. Yay alcohol.

Kastiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Kastiel

I honestly don't mind drugs. If people would have control of it. As an example Native Americans such as Incas used coca for  energy to carry runners  for delivering messages throughout the empire and they knew what would happen if they took too much of it.

sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By sexy_merc
@danhimself said:
"drugs = used to do em...refuse to hang out with anyone who still does them  drinking = used to be a really really heavy drinker...now I rarely drink  smoking = about a pack every 2 days "

Gotta change that man, not forcing you to or telling you it's wrong, but still.
Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10  Edited By Sparda

"Light" recreational drugs (IE: Marijuana): Haven't done it, but I don't have a problem with people who do.

Drinking: I've drank. Got not problem with it if it's in moderation and whatnot.

Smoking: Pretty much the worst habit in the world (disgusting) and responsible for probably millions of deaths. Really lame.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#11  Edited By joshmightbe

i used to smoke 2 packs a day now im down to a pack a week im working on quiting

FLCL1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By FLCL1
@Sexy Merc:
i agree
Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Where i live pot, cigarettes, and alcohol are legal. cigarettes aren't encouraged.
drugs are prescribed by doctors.

physically i cant do most. i started smoking cigarettes again though.
wish i didnt and i definatly dont encourage others to do so.

LT1085

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By LT1085

You can't just lump everything together as 'DRUGS' today. Putting marijuana in the same grouping as crack or anything like that is like putting a hug from your mom in the same group as prison rape. 
 I use marijuana on a regular basis both recreationally and medicinally; though it is not for everyone the half retarded "pot heads" that everyone seems to associate the plant with were f*ck ups without it(pot does not lower your IQ, pot does not decrease your sperm count, pot is not addictive, pot is not a 'gateway drug') Here are some well known cannabis enthusiests; Abraham Lincoln, Al Gore, Aldous Huxley, Andy Warhol, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Bill Clinton, Bill Gates, Bill Murray, Carl Sagan, Carrie Fischer, Cheech Marin, Chris Rock, Conan O'Brien, Edgar Allen Poe, Elvis Presley, Francis Ford Copella, Howard Stern, Hunter S. Thompson, Jack Nicholson, Jackson Pollock, Joe Rogan, John F Kennedy, Jules Verne, John Wayne, Kelsey Grammar, Marlon Brando, Oliver Stone, Oscar Wilde, Pablo Picasso, Philip K. Dick, Pythagoras, Richard Branson, Richard Pryor, Sigmund Freud, Stephen King, Terry Gilliam, Thomas Jefferson, Vincent Van Gogh, Walt Disney, William Shakespeare, Winston Churchill, tons of british politicians and the royal family,  the pharoahs of Egypt and pretty much every musician ever. This is a tiny tiny list. 

Alcohol can be okay in moderation. It can help you loosen up and have a good time, but if it is done in excess it can be dangerous. Too many people don't know their limits and do stupid things that can hurt themselves as well as other. Like anything else though, if you know what you are doing and aren't a complete douche bag then you should be fine. cheers. 

Smoking...I'll assume you are refering to cigarettes. I hate them, they are disgusting and should be taken off shelves and made illegal. I only smoke about a pack and a half a week, but believe me that is WAY too much. The problem with nicotine addiction(there are hundreds of other addictive chemicals in cigarettes as well, but nicotine is the most well known so i'm saying that) is that temptation is everywhere and they are so accessible it is ridiculous. I used to say "if you want to quit, just stop buying them, its that easy." .....not true.

capall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By capall

it's airght as long as you know your limits and doing so for social purposes and enjoyment, but the moment you tend to go over board is where the problem starts to lie, each individual knows what their limits are so stick to it at no matter what, it's there for our relaxation and entertainment value and that is it!

spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By spidey 15
@joshmightbe said:
"i used to smoke 2 packs a day now im down to a pack a week im working on quiting "

Nice..... this is really good...=]
sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#17  Edited By sexy_merc

Marijuana is a plant...just ask Katt Williams lol
Andras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Andras

Ive done all 3. Dont anymore. haven't had a drink for a year, apart from on a couple of occasions, and I only had a few cans. Plus I only smoke when ive been drinking.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By King_Saturn
I aint messing with any of that stuff...
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Static Shock

Smoking cigarettes isn't healthy, and is a lot worse than smoking marijuana.

Smoking marijuana is also unhealthy, and is a sin.

Drinking alcohol is only bad if you get drunk. 

Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#22  Edited By Korg
@MKF30 said:

"This is illegal drugs...cock, pot, meth, crack etc "

I know it's completely juvenile, but I still laughed at this typo. 

Drugs - I know people who smoke weed and lead perfectly functional lives. Coke, meth, and heroin/opiates/opioids, etc. are a different matter, and I try my best not to associate with people who take these kinds of drugs, because they alter behavior, coordination, etc. to a much greater degree. Meth and crack/coke also have a tendency to make users violent/incredibly annoying. Tweekers (meth heads) are some of the wort people on the planet, IMO. 

Alcohol - I enjoy a drink every now and then. I have a greater natural tolerance to alcohol than most people, so it is hard for me to get too drunk (I know my limits, and I stick to them). I also do not drive. That said, I do know people who have serious problems with alcohol, and I know people who have died as the result of drunk driving (they were not the ones who had been drinking). Earlier this year I lost a friend who was on leave from the Marines to a stupid, alcohol-related incident. I think alcohol is a more dangerous substance than marijuana on the whole, but that's a discussion for another time, I think. 

Smoking - I am a rarity in that I can smoke cigarettes without becoming addicted. I quit smoking cold turkey some years ago (after smoking for 4-5 years), and I have no problem smoking the occasional cig to this day. I don't buy them, as they are waaay too expensive in my state these days. It's definitely not a good idea to start smoking, though. I don't know many (perhaps any) people who started smoking after the age of 18. It's something most people should grow out of, but due to the addictive nature, they usually don't.
cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#23  Edited By cascadeking09

i wouldnt drink cause i need to be in control of myself. if im drunk i wont know wat im doin at all times. i got asthma so i cant smoke.

Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Korg
@Static Shock said:
" Smoking marijuana is also unhealthy, and is a sin."
I'm interested in your thoughts here. I don't disagree, but why do you believe it to be unhealthy, and how is it a sin?
Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Andferne

I personally do not do any of them. Completely against drugs. People who know me, know not to smoke near me. Drinking out of the three is more tolerant to me, long as it is not done excessively.

Joeybagad0nutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Joeybagad0nutz

Drugs-No, I've seen what Drugs do to much when I was still in New York, i never wanna touch the stuff.

Smoke-Hell no, Family is full of Smokers and I always hated it. Made myself swore to myself when i was young to never touch it.

Drinking- My family is also heavy drinking. Member my cousin was drunk and drove me and his kids home from the horse race track and my mom was furious. My dad is also a big  drinker and almost beat the sh!t outta me once. Glad he didn't. And my grandfather died of Alcohol poisoning. But, I do Drink. I'm just very careful. I've never been drunk and I think it's because of my experiences when I was younger that I have an easier time controlling myself.
cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By cascadeking09
@Korg said:
" @Static Shock said:
" Smoking marijuana is also unhealthy, and is a sin."
I'm interested in your thoughts here. I don't disagree, but why do you believe it to be unhealthy, and how is it a sin? "
its just like cigarettes but since its not as addictive and the effects last longer it doesnt cause the same problems. its a sin because it causes harm to you, just about anything  done to cause yourself harm is a sin. to me  theirs nothin wrong with smokin anything every now and then if it doesnt mess u up or u're in control of yourself when you do it.
Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Korg
@cascadeking09: Are you Static? I'm not discounting your opinion if you're not, I'm just trying to keep usernames straight. In any case, I thought that was probably the reasoning behind it being a sin, but that puts it in the same category as fast food and alcohol (which is part of a sacrament), in my mind.
MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By MKF30
 @LT, well pot is illegal drug/substance in the USA and is technically....I've heard that tons of times from some friends of mine but it's just a way to attempt to justify "pot" being separate from other drugs and substances, but it's not liquor and it sure as hell ain't legal lol...what other category would I put it? lol Now, am I saying pots on the same level as say "crack or cocaine"? Hell no lol but even one of my ex bosses told me this saying you'll find people who smoke pot trying to play it down "as nothing" but it's really not nothing...and believe me, he did everything you can think of lol...he's fine now and moved away has a family, but said his wake up call was when he woke up in a puddle of his own puke and nearly died from drug overdose(he did everything you can think of in here and then some)

@Korg
said:
" @MKF30 said:

"This is illegal drugs...cock, pot, meth, crack etc "

I know it's completely juvenile, but I still laughed at this typo. 

Drugs - I know people who smoke weed and lead perfectly functional lives. Coke, meth, and heroin/opiates/opioids, etc. are a different matter, and I try my best not to associate with people who take these kinds of drugs, because they alter behavior, coordination, etc. to a much greater degree. Meth and crack/coke also have a tendency to make users violent/incredibly annoying. Tweekers (meth heads) are some of the wort people on the planet, IMO. 

Alcohol - I enjoy a drink every now and then. I have a greater natural tolerance to alcohol than most people, so it is hard for me to get too drunk (I know my limits, and I stick to them). I also do not drive. That said, I do know people who have serious problems with alcohol, and I know people who have died as the result of drunk driving (they were not the ones who had been drinking). Earlier this year I lost a friend who was on leave from the Marines to a stupid, alcohol-related incident. I think alcohol is a more dangerous substance than marijuana on the whole, but that's a discussion for another time, I think. 

Smoking - I am a rarity in that I can smoke cigarettes without becoming addicted. I quit smoking cold turkey some years ago (after smoking for 4-5 years), and I have no problem smoking the occasional cig to this day. I don't buy them, as they are waaay too expensive in my state these days. It's definitely not a good idea to start smoking, though. I don't know many (perhaps any) people who started smoking after the age of 18. It's something most people should grow out of, but due to the addictive nature, they usually don't. "

lol, good eye hahahaha
cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By cascadeking09
@Korg: no im not static i was just tryin to answer your question. its not like fast food. its not a sin at all to eat, b4 every meal u're suposed to pray over your food usally for the nourishment of your body. i remember when i was little my mother told me u can pray over poison and it wont harm u.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Static Shock
@Korg said:
"I'm interested in your thoughts here. I don't disagree, but why do you believe it to be unhealthy, and how is it a sin? "
Well, it kills brain cells. I don't find that as a positive for the human body. There are other health problems that come with them, but I don't know if they are true. As for why it is a sin, there's a verse in the book of Enoch from the Hebrew Bible that states drugs were administered by fallen angels.

"...And they taught them charm and enchantments and the cutting of roots and made them acquainted with plants."  Enoch 8:1

I took that to mean drugs, in general, since most of them were originated from plants.
Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Korg
@cascadeking09 said:

" @Korg: no im not static i was just tryin to answer your question. its not like fast food."

I consider it to be like fast food, in that people are very aware that fast food is bad for them, but they eat lots of it anyway. I know most people don't view it this way, and I respect that. 

@Static Shock said: 

" Well, it kills brain cells."

This is a common misconception. Marijuana does not kill brain cells.

@Static Shock said:
" As for why it is a sin, there's a verse in the book of Enoch from the Hebrew Bible that states drugs were administered by fallen angels.

"...And they taught them charm and enchantments and the cutting of roots and made them acquainted with plants."  Enoch 8:1  I took that to mean drugs, in general, since most of them were originated from plants. "
Interesting. I'm glad I asked.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Static Shock
@Korg said:
This is a common misconception. Marijuana does not kill brain cells.
How so?
NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By NightFang3

1. Smoking: Maybe

2. Drugs: No.

3. Drinking: Yes.  
cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By cascadeking09
@Korg said:

" @cascadeking09 said:

" @Korg: no im not static i was just tryin to answer your question. its not like fast food."

I consider it to be like fast food, in that people are very aware that fast food is bad for them, but they eat lots of it anyway. I know most people don't view it this way, and I respect that.
The difference is that u can choose whether or not u want to do drugs. there isnt always a choice of eating fast food, because sometimes people dont have enough money for anything else. but i see wat u mean.
Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Korg
@Static Shock said:

" How so? "

There is no scientific evidence to indicate that marijuana causes any kind of brain damage, even in high-dose, long term users. 

@cascadeking09 said:
"The difference is that u can choose whether or not u want to do drugs. there isnt always a choice of eating fast food, because sometimes people dont have enough money for anything else. but i see wat u mean. "
If all you can eat to keep yourself alive is fast food, that is understandable. I was more referring to the people in the United States who are obese because they regularly eat fast food instead of healthier alternatives.
NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By NightFang3
@Korg said:
" @Static Shock said:
" How so? "
There is no scientific evidence to indicate that marijuana causes any kind of brain damage, even in high-dose, long term users. "
             It make's you not give a d*mn about anything, witch is always a good thing in my book.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Static Shock
@Korg said:
" There is no scientific evidence to indicate that marijuana causes any kind of brain damage, even in high-dose, long term users. 
I'm guessing people just say it to discourage those that use it regularly?
Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Korg
@Static Shock said:
"I'm guessing people just say it to discourage those that use it regularly? "
Pretty much. It is also alarmingly taught as fact in some public schools. There was a study done in 1980 which claimed to prove that marijuana caused brain damage in Rhesus Monkeys, but it was widely criticized, and eventually completed refuted by another study conducted in 1991.
cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By cascadeking09
@Korg said:
" @Static Shock said:

" How so? "

There is no scientific evidence to indicate that marijuana causes any kind of brain damage, even in high-dose, long term users. 

@cascadeking09 said:
"The difference is that u can choose whether or not u want to do drugs. there isnt always a choice of eating fast food, because sometimes people dont have enough money for anything else. but i see wat u mean. "
If all you can eat to keep yourself alive is fast food, that is understandable. I was more referring to the people in the United States who are obese because they regularly eat fast food instead of healthier alternatives. "
i cant do that, i'd throw up from eatin the same thing every night.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Static Shock
@Korg said:
"Pretty much. It is also alarmingly taught as fact in some public schools. There was a study done in 1980 which claimed to prove that marijuana caused brain damage in Rhesus Monkeys, but it was widely criticized, and eventually completed refuted by another study conducted in 1991. "
Damn. Well, do you know if there is any legitimate evidence of any other health problems involved with marijuana?
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Static Shock

I can't eat fast food that often. It gets disgusting. I did it once, every other day. After a while, I could barely force myself to eat a Double Quarter Pounder, and when I finished it, I felt very sick. It's gotten to the point where I only get my fries and drink from McDonalds, and my burger elsewhere (Wendy's or Burger King, because I don't like either of their fries). If not that, I would go to Sonic, Krystal, or Checkers every once in a while (since those fast food places demolish McDonalds or Wendy's, based on the quality of the food).

Crackdown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Crackdown

Drugs= I'm sterile so feh, but personally I dislike them. Went to a therapeutic school for three years, and was the only one (teachers included ) that never did them. I feel it's quite stupid when people claim they won't do something different unless they're high  Also find the argument "its a plant" stupid as well. So is bamboo and skunk cabbage

Drinking. I dislike that as well, though if the name interest me I'll try it. Highly dislike underage drinking.

Smoking. Dislike it as well, though cigars are becoming more and more prevalent in my mind after hitting a 30's-ish period in my life Though my girlfriend gets pretty upset when I smoke them so I'm trying not to.

MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By MKF30

@Static, actually there have been scientists out there and researchers who believe excessive use of marijuana  does indeed cause brain damage over time...There have been case of excessive use of pot causing brain damage if smoked daily and very often, over time it will kill braincells.... I have to say after encountering a few "hardcore potheads" in my life, I agree...lol I think supporters of pot will try to say "it does nothing" but that's bs if you ask me...let me tell you a little story lol.

One of my best friends neighbors(smokes it often, very often...) lol the guy can't remember my name every time I see him(I've hung with him 5 times now over the past year)....now call it coincidence or "bad memory" but for a 26 year old guy to have that shitty a memory isn't normal....I don't doubt pot has nothing at all to do with it lol. It's never good to smoke something into your lungs but in this case it does more mental damage then anything...it's not bogus.  

I also remember back in high school this one kid(major pothead) sat next to me and couldn't remember my name outside of the letter "P" since it's Pete, he would go hey "what's up Pa..Pa Paul?" "Phil"? And I'm like Pete...he's like ohh yeah, yeah...Pete...next day same thing lol...his eyes were always bloodshot to hell..so I definitely  believe pot has some kind of "effect" on the brain...lol either that or he had a brain issue seriously....
 http://anatomyphysiology.suite101.com/article.cfm/brain_damage_and_marijuana 

This researcher also believes excessive use of pot (which excessive use of anything can and will do damage) harms the brain over time.... 

http://www.jointogether.org/news/research/summaries/2010/daily-marijuana-use-could.html     

When it comes down to it, anything taken, ingested, smoked whatever in excess will harm you one way or another....even water, which is healthy for us if you drink too much you can actually die did you know that? Sounds crazy but it's true...

Avatar image for donovan_montgomery
Donovan Montgomery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 17

Personaly, not into any of it. 
And prefer it kept away from my space, but I'm not gonna go try and close down a bar cause I don't drink or smoke, just stay away and enjoy my own air space. 
Drinking and/or drugs should never be combined with driving though.  Smoking, ok, but USE YOUR ASHTRAY, we don't need more fires.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Static Shock
@Edamame: Chuck E Cheese makes the best pizza, IMO.

@MKF30: Well, I don't know. I've heard different things about brain damage and marijuana....
Avatar image for emperor_gonzo_noir
Emperor Gonzo Noir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

I don't smoke
everything else, yeah