#1 Posted by xxxddd (3593 posts) - - Show Bio

Say you're in high school and want to write for Marvel one day. What are the steps?

#2 Posted by xxxddd (3593 posts) - - Show Bio

anyone want to help me?

#3 Posted by minigunman123 (3116 posts) - - Show Bio

Uh...

Practice writing fanfiction

Practice writing original short stories or even novellas

Try and enter competitions for writing, and try to win them, obviously

Walk into their HQ with this stuff as evidence of your ability, asking for a job?

#4 Edited by mrdecepticonleader (18714 posts) - - Show Bio

Just practice,practice writing,try different writing styles,always be ready to expand your vocabulary.Read,read books,comic books,even newspaper articles,as it can help you get a better grasp on language and the way words are formed etc.Share your stories,as people will be able to tell you there thoughts on them what is good what needs improving,which help you further yourself.Enjoy writing stories,be creative,draw from inspiration.

#5 Posted by inferiorego (28274 posts) - - Show Bio

Write.... never stop writing. Go to school for writing. I'll tell you the same thing I tell every person who's asked me how to make a living off of writing.

Aim to write 3000 words a day. Facebook, Twitter, Texting, and other short form doesn't count. Start a blog and just keep at it. Take classes in college about writing. Try different formats. Stop listening to me and start writing.

Staff
#6 Posted by Glitch_Spawn (17132 posts) - - Show Bio

Write, write, then write some more.

Read, read, read, then read some more.

Then write some more.

Then let people read what you've written.

#7 Posted by kingjoeg (693 posts) - - Show Bio

If you can draw you can illustrate your own stories too. That way you can actually create something to show to people.

#8 Posted by xxxddd (3593 posts) - - Show Bio

@kingjoeg said:

If you can draw you can illustrate your own stories too. That way you can actually create something to show to people.

I'm a good drawer.

I'm hoping to be both a writer and penciler one day.

@inferiorego: @Glitch_Spawn: Thanks.

@mrdecepticonleader: I was thinking about just writing blogs about my ideas, and wanting feedback from users on what they think(how I go about the writing process when I write Namor stories).

#9 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (18714 posts) - - Show Bio

@xxxddd: Okay,was just giving some pointers.

#10 Posted by xxxddd (3593 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrdecepticonleader: Do you think learning from successful comicbook writers would help?

Because I found this interesting.

#11 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (18714 posts) - - Show Bio

@xxxddd said:

@mrdecepticonleader: Do you think learning from successful comicbook writers would help?

Because I found this interesting.

Sure.

#12 Posted by xxxddd (3593 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrdecepticonleader: Mind giving feedback(any concerns) here?

#13 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (18714 posts) - - Show Bio

@xxxddd said:

@mrdecepticonleader: Mind giving feedback(any concerns) here?

I will give it a read and share my thoughts.

#14 Posted by xxxddd (3593 posts) - - Show Bio

@inferiorego: Will you follow my fan fic?

#15 Posted by Samimista (21009 posts) - - Show Bio

@inferiorego said:

Write.... never stop writing. Go to school for writing. I'll tell you the same thing I tell every person who's asked me how to make a living off of writing.

Aim to write 3000 words a day. Facebook, Twitter, Texting, and other short form doesn't count. Start a blog and just keep at it. Take classes in college about writing. Try different formats. Stop listening to me and start writing.

^ This guy knows his stuff since he's an English teacher.

#16 Posted by xxxddd (3593 posts) - - Show Bio

@inferiorego: Thanks for the help.