How do I Create a Comic Character?

opticblast98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Im in high school and everyone keeps telling me to think about what I want to do for the rest of my life. After a lot of thinking, I thought about wanting to make a comic book character, but I have an idea but I dont know where to begin, so my fellow viners I need your help, how do I create a comic book character?

GodTriggerHulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By GodTriggerHulk

@opticblast98:

Do you already have an idea and want to know how it can be published?

Or do you still need to invent the hero?

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#3  Edited By GraniteSoldier

@opticblast98:

I'm writing something right now and creating a character you can go the distance with is the hardest part. Me personally? I went with something relatable, something I knew about as a backing. Powers are easy, making a character with depth and personality isn't. I say use a real person, or amalgam of real people you know as a base.

nobodyisemo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

For villains, I usually think of a name first, how I want them to impact the hero, Whether or not they'd be easy to introduce. And for heros, I usually think of how Their comic could be different from other ones and how

I could show that. For me, names are everything.

Avatar image for deactivated-579ecfa921bb2
deactivated-579ecfa921bb2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Bluff_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think hes asking how to be comic book writer, not how to specifically create a comic book character.

Yokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Im in high school and everyone keeps telling me to think about what I want to do for the rest of my life. After a lot of thinking, I thought about wanting to make a comic book character, but I have an idea but I dont know where to begin, so my fellow viners I need your help, how do I create a comic book character?

Write down your idea, then work from there by adding new ideas until you get a character.

Here's a website to get you started on the look http://www.heromachine.com/heromachine-3-lab/, Names are the tough part because alot of them have been taken. I don't know how to help think about names.

Also, go on this website to help you create the character's appearance.

MatteoPG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@opticblast98: you should read the Anatomy of Story and Story by Robert McGee. Those are like the bible for writers.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

#9 SaintWildcard  Online

It wasnt easy for me, I've been working on my since I was 12 and Ive always been changing stuff, and just when you think its perfect it changes again. Ive realized the biggest problem Ive had is that it was hard to remove stuff that didnt work for the story but I liked. Originally he was suppose to be in high school (now he's a 20 something), one of the hardest things to remove was something that was stupid and didnt make sense, but I was young and thought it was cool, was that the best friend was a werewolf and one girl with super powers was his neighbor and daughter of a rich willy wonka candy man. Glad to say I trimmed the fat and made stuff coherent. Now if only I could fine an artist.